PDA

View Full Version : Clen for a recomp?

pman42
11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
What are your guys' thoughts on using clen to lose a bit of fat and gain a bit of muscle? I don't want to do the whole hormone+cycle support+PCT thing right now for a variety of reasons. I'm not expecting anything major, just maybe a little bit of recomp.

anyone used it before? any thoughts on the best route to go-- oral vs topical?

DJM
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
unless you see your top abs and use it at that point, you might be disappointed

oral id say

iv used n hate it, prefer eca much much more, or nyc or ecy anything but clen

h2s
11-14-2012, 04:48 PM
unless you see your top abs and use it at that point, you might be disappointed

oral id say

iv used n hate it, prefer eca much much more, or nyc or ecy anything but clen

Plus despite claims of being anabolic, if you are using clen expecting muscular gain, you will definitely be disappointed.

pman42
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
arrgh, ok, any other things i could look into for a recomp effect? I want something stronger than OTC supplements but don't want to go hormonal at this point.

ECA is always an option, and dirt cheap. DJM, do you find it is possible to use ECA on a recomp, losing fat while still building a bit of muscle?

Grape Ape
11-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Ostarine homie

pman42
11-14-2012, 06:23 PM
the research on ostarine is preliminary as it's a very new compound. i'm not sure i'd be comfortable using it just yet. also, the info i found seems to indicate that the structure of it is not known, so it's anyone's guess as to whether the stuff being sold is legit (pharmaceutical ostarine is not even available as it's not a prescription yet).

that being said, what has been your experience with it? does it require a pct? sides?

Grape Ape
11-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Go check the Sarm thread in the PH section. Should answer your questions.

DJM
11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
arrgh, ok, any other things i could look into for a recomp effect? I want something stronger than OTC supplements but don't want to go hormonal at this point.

ECA is always an option, and dirt cheap. DJM, do you find it is possible to use ECA on a recomp, losing fat while still building a bit of muscle?

if you keep your cals at maintenance to preserve size, but up fat and lower carbs, then yes you could burn fat, adding muscle requires increase in cals, you cant have your cake and eat it too......however dropping bodyfat will give the appearance of more muscle as you shift your body composition.......a cut up guy at 200 looks bigger than a soft 220

pman42
11-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Ape, I will check out the SARM thread, thanks. I find the idea of SARMs appealing but as I said, I don't think all the effects are known yet, and purity is still an issue.

DJM, my problem is as soon as I cut calories a bit and lose even the slightest bit of strength, I freak out. even though I may weigh 2 or 3 lbs less, I feel a lot smaller. i compensate by raising training intensity and calories. I justify this by saying to myself that I still need to gain size.

DJM
11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Ape, I will check out the SARM thread, thanks. I find the idea of SARMs appealing but as I said, I don't think all the effects are known yet, and purity is still an issue.

DJM, my problem is as soon as I cut calories a bit and lose even the slightest bit of strength, I freak out. even though I may weigh 2 or 3 lbs less, I feel a lot smaller. i compensate by raising training intensity and calories. I justify this by saying to myself that I still need to gain size.

doesnt sound like a problem to me, just you need more experience in understanding your body