PDA

View Full Version : Rant: fake fitness info/products

pman42
02-11-2014, 06:19 PM
I am so fucking sick of ads for fake fitness shit. about the worst of the dogshit heap is Mike Chang's "six pack shortcuts." It is advertised ruthlessly on youtube and via google ads (maybe it's cause i clicked on it once, dunno). Out of curiosity I torrented it and it is complete horseshit, an intelligent 8th grader with a basic knowledge of 8th grade science could put together a better course. in his youtube videos mike chang can barely string together a sentence, it is fucking incredible that people pay money for his donkey dung.

then we have the facebook ads for fake ass products like "New test booster: should it be banned?" you follow the link and it is some utter bullcrap arginine shit. then there's the ads for "celebrities use product XYZ to gain 20 lbs and get ripped for their roles."

I am constantly floored by society, how much stupid shit information there is, and how many ignorant idiots breathlessly lap it up

Freepressright
02-11-2014, 07:01 PM
I am so fucking sick of ads for fake fitness shit. about the worst of the dogshit heap is Mike Chang's "six pack shortcuts." It is advertised ruthlessly on youtube and via google ads (maybe it's cause i clicked on it once, dunno). Out of curiosity I torrented it and it is complete horseshit, an intelligent 8th grader with a basic knowledge of 8th grade science could put together a better course. in his youtube videos mike chang can barely string together a sentence, it is fucking incredible that people pay money for his donkey dung.

then we have the facebook ads for fake ass products like "New test booster: should it be banned?" you follow the link and it is some utter bullcrap arginine shit. then there's the ads for "celebrities use product XYZ to gain 20 lbs and get ripped for their roles."

I am constantly floored by society, how much stupid shit information there is, and how many ignorant idiots breathlessly lap it up

Bravo!!! I thought I was the only one who was sick and tired of seeing, "Learn how to build 20 pounds of lean muscle with this one weird trick," or "Steroid alternative discovered! Should it be banned?"

Those goddamn Force Factor ads also get me really pissed. "He weighs 170. Benches 405."

Really? From a fucking arginine/citrulline supplement? This kind of shit is an insult to basic intelligence and some of it borders on theft by deception as far as I'm concerned. And it fosters the mentality that there is some kind of shortcut to this game. You change physique by working for it, plain and simple.

Grape Ape
02-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Guys, these are Cambridge scientest your talking about...

mahatma
02-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Bravo!!! I thought I was the only one who was sick and tired of seeing, "Learn how to build 20 pounds of lean muscle with this one weird trick," or "Steroid alternative discovered! Should it be banned?"

Those goddamn Force Factor ads also get me really pissed. "He weighs 170. Benches 405."

Really? From a fucking arginine/citrulline supplement? This kind of shit is an insult to basic intelligence and some of it borders on theft by deception as far as I'm concerned. And it fosters the mentality that there is some kind of shortcut to this game. You change physique by working for it, plain and simple.

a quick search will find you many many compliants !
Other scary tactics they use is "buy now for cheap" then they send it to you each moth

Cobalt
02-12-2014, 07:46 AM
It works because it is a 'quick' and 'easy' way to 'get in shape'.

People don't want to work, watch what they eat, ect...