PDA

View Full Version : Natural News

longBallLima
02-19-2014, 01:45 PM
I know some people here like this quack factory

Natural News is a Facebook hit: Never click on its stories about cancer, vaccines, conspiracies. (http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/02/natural_news_is_a_facebook_hit_never_click_on_itsr _stories_about_cancer.html)

Hank!
02-19-2014, 02:26 PM
I would also like to add Mercola to that list LBL

pman42
02-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Mercola is a little better than Mike Adams. Adams is a pile of dogshit!! the fucking shit that gets posted on Natural News makes the alternative medicine community look ridiculous! Mike has claimed that the Colorado shootings and Boston bombings were staged, has cited David Icke in a "scientific" article about AIDS (Icke believes reptiles in human form occupy major political and economic positions in society), has claimed that Patrick Swayze's cancer "absolutely" could have been cured (without ever having met him)-- and the list goes on. i can't even remember some of the more ridiculous things he has said.

Mike adams is such a fucking punk. if i ever saw him on the street i would shit in my hand and fling it on him. so many people have this knee-jerk reaction against modern medicine-- because it is oftentimes prescription-heavy, they do a complete 180 and start believing in clustered water, homeopathic flower feelings, and colloidal unicorn tears. sites like NN make the real, science-based alternative medicine look ridiculous, because it is associated with the rest of this shit.

longBallLima
02-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Mercola is a little better than Mike Adams. Adams is a pile of dogshit!! the fucking shit that gets posted on Natural News makes the alternative medicine community look ridiculous! Mike has claimed that the Colorado shootings and Boston bombings were staged, has cited David Icke in a "scientific" article about AIDS (Icke believes reptiles in human form occupy major political and economic positions in society), has claimed that Patrick Swayze's cancer "absolutely" could have been cured (without ever having met him)-- and the list goes on. i can't even remember some of the more ridiculous things he has said.

Mike adams is such a fucking punk. if i ever saw him on the street i would shit in my hand and fling it on him. so many people have this knee-jerk reaction against modern medicine-- because it is oftentimes prescription-heavy, they do a complete 180 and start believing in clustered water, homeopathic flower feelings, and colloidal unicorn tears. sites like NN make the real, science-based alternative medicine look ridiculous, because it is associated with the rest of this shit.

he's an AIDS denialist altogether, or something no? I'm not incredibly educated on the individual but he does seem like quite the piece of shit.

pman42
02-21-2014, 11:48 PM
i don;t know if he's an outright AIDS denialist but he probably believes that AIDS can be prevented with natural herbs. I mean, sure, there's a role for nutrition, but that doesn't help someone dying of the virus. they need AZT.

Mike is probably an ex-Scientologist, and definitely a grade A douchebag. he gets rich selling ebooks full of "secret" information that is available for free. then he posts articles making alternative medicine look ridiculous. he appears regularly on the Alex Jones show, which is hilarious-- two guys who kind of know what they are talking about, full of conspiracy theories and also full of themselves. they come off as quite comical

Cdsnuts
02-28-2014, 05:59 AM
Investigation: Breakfast cereal made from crazy chemicals (http://www.naturalnews.com/fake-fruit-breakfast-cereals.html)

Say what you want about the man, he is giving the other side.....the side that never gets mentioned by lame stream media. Now there's a joke. They haven't reported anything that wasn't spit up and regurgitated by their big corporate shills or other agencies.

Read this article. Love him or hate him, now he has a whole food science lab where the results speak for themselves. He's doing things no one else is doing. This article pisses me off, and it should piss all you off too. PP was shut down by armed FDA agents while these huge cereal conglomerates can completely LIE about what is in their product. WTF? Wonder where the pay off is there? Good job FDA for "protecting" us. F**cktards need to be strung up and the agency purged. The whole thing is a corrupt mess.

pman42
03-02-2014, 12:59 PM
That's not much of an "investigation" as anyone with a bit of common sense can read the label and ascertain that there are no berries in the cereal. and what equipment does the "food science lab" use to analyze the food? it looks like they have a low-powered microscope, that's about it. But you ARE right, Natural News does post some good stuff, and that's precisely what makes it so dangerous. Mike Adams uses the credibility garnered from years on the "front lines" against the FDA and pharma business to push his kooky agendas, which are increasingly out there and bizarre. as I said, he is making the natural industry look ridiculous. he is a polarizing force that will ultimately do more harm than good because he convinces people of outright lies because they'd rather believe him than "big brother"

Cdsnuts
03-03-2014, 07:33 AM
That's not much of an "investigation" as anyone with a bit of common sense can read the label and ascertain that there are no berries in the cereal. and what equipment does the "food science lab" use to analyze the food? it looks like they have a low-powered microscope, that's about it.

You missed the point. The fact that they can even put it on the label when it is a complete lie should be enough to have them brought up on charges or shut down. If there are no berries in the cereal, then don't put it on the box.

And in regards to your other comment, see this article below. The food science lab is a big deal and is actually crossing over into lamestream media coverage. Low powered microscope.......lol. You know what else can be dangerous pman? Mis-informed comments.....some people will take them at face value...just like people that see "Strawberries" on the box of cereal and think they are giving fruit to their kids.

Inside the Natural News Forensic Food Lab: Health Ranger launches video tour of ICP-MS heavy metals instrumentation (http://www.naturalnews.com/043561_icp-ms_food_lab_visual_tour.html)

I could put more links here......but haters gonna hate....

pman42
03-03-2014, 08:46 PM
not trying to be an ass, i'm enjoying this discussion. it's interesting to me that so many intelligent people seem to follow NN. for your berries issue, Primordial had a fruit or berry flavored MAP if i recall, so would that be mislabeled in your opinion? You said "PP was shut down by armed FDA agents while these huge cereal conglomerates can completely LIE about what is in their product. WTF? Wonder where the pay off is there? Good job FDA for "protecting" us." Now while I did not agree with the FDA's enforcement on Primordial, in all honesty they did market basically illegal designer steroids like superdrol. and you're apparently saying that a cereal company is committing the worse crime by selling fake berries. to me it doesn't compute.

judging from just that one article you posted, the lab was a joke as there was no real lab report there. that was my point. i get that they have some other equipment, but that one report was totally bogus. as to the heavy metal issue, there are heavy metals in many foods. the "health ranger's" recent report on rice protein served to shake a lot of people up, but the amounts were actually in line with what's found in other foods. you can looks up the amounts for things like whey protein and carrots-- in some cases they're "alarmingly" high. but that is the world we live in, where industry has pumped tons of this stuff into the environment. yes I eat organic and yes I supplement intelligently, but I'm under no illusions that this protects me from all toxicity.

haters gonna hate, perhaps, but you still have not responded to my criticisms of Mike Adams and Natural News, instead citing the supposed good he is doing. well it may be he helps some people but he surely hurts a lot, too.

Cdsnuts
03-03-2014, 10:12 PM
not trying to be an ass, i'm enjoying this discussion. it's interesting to me that so many intelligent people seem to follow NN. for your berries issue, Primordial had a fruit or berry flavored MAP if i recall, so would that be mislabeled in your opinion? You said "PP was shut down by armed FDA agents while these huge cereal conglomerates can completely LIE about what is in their product. WTF? Wonder where the pay off is there? Good job FDA for "protecting" us." Now while I did not agree with the FDA's enforcement on Primordial, in all honesty they did market basically illegal designer steroids like superdrol. and you're apparently saying that a cereal company is committing the worse crime by selling fake berries. to me it doesn't compute.

judging from just that one article you posted, the lab was a joke as there was no real lab report there. that was my point. i get that they have some other equipment, but that one report was totally bogus. as to the heavy metal issue, there are heavy metals in many foods. the "health ranger's" recent report on rice protein served to shake a lot of people up, but the amounts were actually in line with what's found in other foods. you can looks up the amounts for things like whey protein and carrots-- in some cases they're "alarmingly" high. but that is the world we live in, where industry has pumped tons of this stuff into the environment. yes I eat organic and yes I supplement intelligently, but I'm under no illusions that this protects me from all toxicity.

haters gonna hate, perhaps, but you still have not responded to my criticisms of Mike Adams and Natural News, instead citing the supposed good he is doing. well it may be he helps some people but he surely hurts a lot, too.

Well......with Superdrol I knew exactly what I would be getting in my system. This is the point I'm trying to make. PP site even had a toxicity scale all right there for everyone to see with the listed effects of different products. THAT'S disclosure. It's about disclosure.....or non disclosure in most cases. I want to know exactly what is going into my system. I don't think that decision should be made for me by being opted out of product labeling. I want to know. If I then CHOOSE to put it in my system, then that is a completely different story.

In regards to the lab....it's quite extensive. I don't know of anyone else who is publishing reports on documented heavy metals in products right now. To me that is significant because people DON'T KNOW that they are even there.

In regards to Adams himself.....I'm not sure what you would like me to comment on. I believe his report of rice protein should have been alarming. Maybe that's where we differ. I believe people should be angry and upset that they are slowly being poisoned and don't even know about it. I believe these articles should make people open their eyes and say WTF?

longBallLima
03-05-2014, 10:37 AM
if the only example of credible "research" done is that someone at NN read the label at cereal boxes, their contribution doesn't justify their popularity as a Health oriented website... now as a conspiracy theory website...

Cdsnuts
03-05-2014, 10:51 AM
if the only example of credible "research" done is that someone at NN read the label at cereal boxes, their contribution doesn't justify their popularity as a Health oriented website... now as a conspiracy theory website...

Correct. But of course that isn't what someone at NN did, which, if you read what the lab actually does, you would have known that. Again, haters gonna hate.

longBallLima
03-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Correct. But of course that isn't what someone at NN did, which, if you read what the lab actually does, you would have known that. Again, haters gonna hate.

But they could have done that, huh? because no lab is needed to determine that there is no watermelon in watermelon gum, you can just check the ingredient list there.

the biggest cop-out of criticism ever is this "haters" bullshit created in the last 10-15 years. If you think something is wrong, stupid, false, offensive or anything else negative, you're a hater

I guess no conversation to be had here. Whoever disagrees with you is just a hater ;)

Cdsnuts
03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
But they could have done that, huh? because no lab is needed to determine that there is no watermelon in watermelon gum, you can just check the ingredient list there.

the biggest cop-out of criticism ever is this "haters" bullshit created in the last 10-15 years. If you think something is wrong, stupid, false, offensive or anything else negative, you're a hater

I guess no conversation to be had here. Whoever disagrees with you is just a hater ;)

Stop being such a hater.......lol

And that's because it usually says Watermelon "flavored" gum. I think most people would know there isn't any watermelon in it. But when you buy cereal that says mini-wheats WITH blueberries, that is completely different. They just told you that there was fruit in the cereal, which, there is not. This is the problem. Its an outright lie.

This is where the lab comes in. They broke these cereals down microscopically, chemically and did few other things to verify that mini-wheats WITH blueberries, in fact, had not one blue berry in the whole box. As were most of the other cereals claiming they had fruit inside.

So imagine, then, if they can just completely lie to you and tell you that there is something in there that is not, they can pretty much put anything in there. The "fruit" in question most of the time was an amalgamation of hydrogenated oils, artificial colors and flavors with fillers to make little blobs of "fruit chunks." Mmmmmmmm

And regarding the haters comment. I use it when I can tell someone is criticizing something they haven't read or research at all. Just nay saying because they, for whatever the reason, don't like the person or organization from which this material comes. Which, to me is kind of a cop out.

longBallLima
03-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Stop being such a hater.......lol

And that's because it usually says Watermelon "flavored" gum. I think most people would know there isn't any watermelon in it. But when you buy cereal that says mini-wheats WITH blueberries, that is completely different. They just told you that there was fruit in the cereal, which, there is not. This is the problem.

right, and my point is, NN incredible investigation could have been performed by not so careful reading of the label

but only a hater would ever think that.

on a separate subject, what's your take on pedophiles? u prolly jus a hater son :P

Cdsnuts
03-05-2014, 11:19 AM
right, and my point is, NN incredible investigation could have been performed by not so careful reading of the label

Huh? What??

longBallLima
03-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Huh? What??

?? if you read the label, you would know that there are no fruits in the cereal. PI longBallLima on the case, investigation DONE. NN can use their labs to analyze fake moon landing recordings now.

Cdsnuts
03-05-2014, 11:27 AM
?? if you read the label, you would know that there are no fruits in the cereal. PI longBallLima on the case, investigation DONE. NN can use their labs to analyze fake moon landing recordings now.

Or to see what you were doing with those kids......

longBallLima
03-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Or to see what you were doing with those kids......

i don't think you can read labels off of kids, so i think NN might not posses the competence in this matter ;)

BTW, i'm allowed to hate pedophiles, i'm a labeled hater!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, isn't that an awesome form of political smear? We can, very loosely, affirm to the idiotic masses that if you don't hate NN you approve of pedophilia!

pman42
05-27-2014, 10:38 AM
aaaaand here's why Mike Adams is an asshole. He wrote a piece called "6 important facts you're not being told about Malaysia 370" which contained some nutty conspiracy bullshit theories.
Six important facts you're not being told about lost Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - NaturalNews.com (http://www.naturalnews.com/044244_Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370_vanished.html)

Then his piece was thoroughly debunked by someone with actual experience in the aviation industry. now, comments are not there because they are experiencing "technical difficulties". See, this is what makes Adams dangerous. He is instantly an expert in any field he chooses to be. Not only is he a "journalist" and a "health expert" (without having any qualifications in those fields whatsoever) but once a plane crash happens, he is instantly an aviation expert. If it was a container ship disappearance, that's okay too, he would have been a marine shipping expert in the span of the time it took him to write an article. Earthquake or tsunami? Oh, Adams also has extensive knowledge of the geological and thermal forces at play that create these phenomena.

a few points debunking his article:
MH370 A Million Gods (http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongods/2014/03/12/mh370-a-new-hotbed-of-conspiracy-from-mike-adams/)