PDA

View Full Version : Burly's Mechabol Experiment

burlyman30
03-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Hey guys, I have a stash of orals that has grown faster than it has depleted, so it's time to deplete it a little. I used to run orals for extended periods, but it was brutal on my immune system, not to mention harder on the liver and horrific to my cholesterol levels. Back in August I ran a very brief, 3 week cycle with low dose anadrol 50 (only 50 mg/day). Since I am on TRT and am often on a very low dose of another injectable, the gains I made with the anadrol stuck with me really well.

Based on the success of that short cycle, I decided to do something similar with Mechabol. But since I know I am running it for a very short time, I decided to test my dosage tolerance a bit. Normally I am a low-dose guy. Most the feedback I have received on Mechabol was to run it at 125mg/day or a little higher.

I will plan to run it for 3 weeks, and may possibly run a 4th week depending on how I feel, etc. Dosage will be tested for tolerance and effectiveness and may be changed as I see prudent.

I started yesterday with 150mg, divided over two doses. Tolerated it very well. Had a horrifically good pump for last nights workout. Today, again splitting 150 over two doses I felt fine. I noticed even on day one I began to feel fuller. Today, I felt a bit puffy. It is my understanding that Mechabol does not aromatize estrogen, so I am guessing this is some sort of effect caused from shifting aldosterone levels. I looked puffier in the mirror, my shirts felt a bit more snug, and the scale had me up 4 pounds from the previous day. Granted, that's not muscle. That's intra and extracellular fluid retention. We will see how things go.

Things I will be watching for on this cycle: strength increases, pump, general well-being, endurance, fat gain/loss, overall change in bodyweight, mood, and any other notable effects.

SoCal-Nutrition
03-28-2014, 01:32 AM
will be in to follow along! everyone loves Mechabol :D

burlyman30
03-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Notable and unexpected effect from mechabol...

I woke up 3 times during the night with substantial wood. While that may be normal for some of you, I never get night or morning wood. The last time I had this occur was during a run of Ultradrol (methylstenbolone) close to 2 years ago.

naeydrin
03-28-2014, 11:48 AM
In for this short ride, and grats on the wood ;) lol

Scope75
03-28-2014, 12:59 PM
In.....

That's a lot of wood for 1 night...
You better get the wife ready for what's to CUM... Lol

burlyman30
03-28-2014, 01:03 PM
In.....

That's a lot of wood for 1 night...
You better get the wife ready for what's to CUM... Lol

If she's not ready, lefty is.

burlyman30
03-28-2014, 01:07 PM

I should make a point to say that I obtained this Mechabol from SoCal probably around a year ago and got a great price on it. Finally getting around to trying it!

Scope75
03-28-2014, 01:19 PM

Ol reliable.....

Just keep those shoulders healthy thou.

BoneDaddy
03-28-2014, 01:27 PM

Knuckle Children FTW!

Bucks
03-28-2014, 06:30 PM

I loved it @ 150mg. Ran it with TZ and Androhard. Lots of wood the whole time and the Lbs increased quickly like you have seen already.

Really loved the Alpha feeling it creates.

burlyman30
03-28-2014, 06:42 PM
I loved it @ 150mg. Ran it with TZ and Androhard. Lots of wood the whole time and the Lbs increased quickly like you have seen already.

Really loved the Alpha feeling it creates.

It kicked on faster than I had expected. Did you see continual improvement while on, or did you get to a point at week 4 or 6 where gains began to taper off?

USN HM 350Z
03-28-2014, 09:32 PM
I loved mech at 150/day. one of my top three orals ever. Androhard and epi being the other two.

I may need to pick up a few more bottles of it for the future.

VayneZ
03-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Exactly what I need! Burly running Mecha!!!! IN!

Last time I ran Mecha @ 150 for 4 weeks, with AndroHard and AndroMass, and it was pretty solid. Depending on how you feel on it, I might consider a cycle maybe later this year... once I am completely ripped below 7% bodyfat. It will def be 150 or 150+/ a day of mecha and AndroBulk and AndroHard V3, running the mecha for 6 weeks and the PP stuff for 8.

I'll be picking up info's and experiences of this great and awesome Burly run for sure, before I decide if I'll run the cycle or not!

Bucks
03-28-2014, 09:53 PM
It kicked on faster than I had expected. Did you see continual improvement while on, or did you get to a point at week 4 or 6 where gains began to taper off?

It's hard to say. I started TZ around wk 3-12. I ran Mech 7 weeks primarily because I loved the "on feeling" it gave me. Felt unstoppable on it, but when I stopped Mech, I lost about 5 lbs in 4 days.

I think the sweet spot was wk1-5.

markam
03-29-2014, 04:38 AM
Mecha works great as a preworkout - 50mgs was great for pumps. I dosed 125mgs ed, and didn't feel any need to go higher.
I def wouldn't try to cut on Mecha, maybe recomp, but Triumphalis is superior for that, imo, but has nowhere near the
'feelgood factor' of Mecha.

Sorrow
03-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Hell yeah man Burley logs are the shit

burlyman30
03-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Great input from you guys who have already run it! Thanks for chiming in!

Update:

Was mildly sore from previous workouts, so I did a light/ high rep (20-40) day with lots of supersets for max pump. Not pushing too hard. Just very little rest between sets. Mecha gives great pumps.

I slept through the night mostly, so didn't notice if I had lumber down under. At least if I did, it didn't wake me.

150/day has shown to have no sides thus far. No headaches, no indications of high BP, no shortness of breath (beyond normal).

Interesting phenomenon yesterday... I was peeing like crazy. I did drink a bit more than usual (a couple ice teas and an extra coffee) but it was beyond that. I was wondering if my system was balancing out a bit and some of that early onset of water retention was leaving the body. Hard to say at this point. Weighed in at 184 yesterday, same as the day before.

Muscles have definitely filled out. I can see it in the mirror and feel it in my clothes.

My knees are a train wreck, so I have been away from all leg workouts (still working calves) for 3 months now because of the pain and instability of those joints. I am starting the process of medical referrals so I can see an orthopedic surgeon. Nevertheless, even with zero leg work (I suppose they get some exercise during rows), the legs are filling out the pants a bit more.

burlyman30
03-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Tested dosage tolerance a bit today. 100mg morning, 50mg noon 50mg at night. For a total of 200mg. No issues thus far. No increased BP or any sides at this time. Not sure what I will do with dosage from here forward. I'll see if I feel anything tomorrow morning (good or bad) from this dosage increase.

To be honest, I am quite surprised at the lack of sides thus far. Overall, I'm feeling great. And today, while working on taxes, I felt better concentration and mental clarity.

Today was a rest day, as everything was a bit sore and my workouts rarely coincide with a weekend.

burlyman30
03-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Dosed at 75/75/50 yesterday. Overall felt good, but seemed a little tired. Could be some mild lethargy setting in. I'll keep the dose where it's at for now and will drop down if fatigue, lethargy, or other sides become problematic. Today I'll be back in the gym after two days off... I'll report anything notable.

Bucks
03-31-2014, 10:36 AM
Body weight still swelling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

burlyman30
03-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Body weight still swelling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Haven't weighed since Friday. I'll weigh on the gym scale tonight.

burlyman30
04-01-2014, 08:25 AM
OK... weighed last night, and I was down a pound. I ate plenty over the weekend, so I think it was a hydration issue. Its only a pound, after all.

I think any "bloat" that was to hit me has stabilized and I don't expect more. Muscles feel full. Pumps are good.

I did expect to feel stronger last night, hoping to exceed previous weights, but instead I stayed about 20 lbs shy of last weeks bench press weight. So, a little disappointed there, as I was at least expecting to match it and have it feel easier.

Still, overall, a good workout.

Edit: almost forgot to mention the most important part... attractive new gal at the gym... caught her checking me out a couple times while she was on the treadmill. It may not be much, but it makes this old guy feel pretty good.

Edit again: forgot to mention the funniest but potentially deadly part of the night...

I thought I was texting my friend about the girl checking me out. Turns out that text went to my wife while she was sitting on the couch next to me. Thank goodness she is used to me teasing her about "the girls at the gym say I look good", etc. Otherwise I might be dead.

Bucks
04-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Too funny. Time to break out the Wesley scents at the gym!

Scope75
04-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Shit....
That's a close call on the txt and I've had that happen a time or 2 and boy does it suck to send a txt to the wrong person.

burlyman30
04-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Too funny. Time to break out the Wesley scents at the gym!

One step ahead of you... I keep one in my gym bag and put some on prior to walking in. Been doing that for a couple months. My gym is a very non-"meat market" environment, though, so it would be very out of the ordinary to be actually approached by someone. I'll settle for a glance. Lol

burlyman30
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Well, not a great night at the gym. Apparently I tweaked my good shoulder yesterday. It didn't bother me all day until I tried to raise my hand up for pulldowns. I did some light sets(@200) and then did some very very light cable pullovers and followed that with some super light lateral raises just to get blood into the area. Then I called it quits for the night.

Bodyweight was down again, 182.5. Not sure what to make of that. I've upped my caloric intake slightly. I'll stay the course at 200mg/day for now and see what comes.

Headaches today, but not sure if that is from allergies, a tweaked/tight back, or the methyl. Time will tell.

Shirts are definitely feeling more snug, which is nice. I have however lost a bit of definition with the water retention.

burlyman30
04-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Interesting thing... woke up this morning and seem to have shed a little more of that extracellular bloat. Everything looks a little tighter. The tweaked shoulder feels better. Still sore, but no sharp pains. Not yet sure if today is a workout day or not, but we'll see. A day off might not be a bad idea.

Scope75
04-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Gotta like waking up to looking better....

Shoulders are a strange joint because they can feel fine all day but one wrong move and bam your in pain. Seems I always get a false reading on shoulder health because there's no telling what day to day activity might have my shoulders telling me to Get Screwed.

burlyman30
04-02-2014, 09:16 AM
I am officially 1 week in. Still have not decided if I will do 3 or 4 weeks.

Scope75
04-02-2014, 09:49 AM
I am officially 1 week in. Still have not decided if I will do 3 or 4 weeks.

If the gettin stays good I'd stay on for 4wks because after 1wk it seems like its treating you pretty well.
Or do you have another endo visit coming up?

burlyman30
04-02-2014, 09:58 AM
If the gettin stays good I'd stay on for 4wks because after 1wk it seems like its treating you pretty well.
Or do you have another endo visit coming up?

Already did my blood work. Started the mecha a few hours after my blood draw. Actual doc appointment got pushed til the 21st so I have at least 11 weeks til my next blood draw. Possibly more if she clears me for every 6 months.

Scope75
04-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Looks like your in the CLEAR then...

Let the good times roll.

burlyman30
04-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Officially taking a day off. Everything is sore. Resting up and eating well so I can hammer it tomorrow.

VayneZ
04-03-2014, 08:05 AM
200mg's! Nice!!
Are you sure around 4 weeks that you would not want to run it for a total of 6 weeks? :p That would be badass at 200

burlyman30
04-03-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm sure at week 4 that the temptation to go longer will hit me. Ill try to keep my head about me, though. I used to do long oral cycles, up to 10 weeks. But it trashed my LDLs and immune system and wasn't great for the liver. Trying to get in/get gains/get out before any hint of the bad stuff hits.

I'm not looking for 10 lb gains.... if I gained 1 lb a week that I could hold onto, I'd be thrilled. And satisfied with 1/2 a week, even, as long as it was maintainable.

I think my TRT+ protocol should help me hold onto the gains I make.

Bucks
04-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Your smart. When I ran it for 7 weeks @150 it put 40 points on my LDL. It felt great the whole time and my liver was fine but..... I ran Talos and Aegis as well.

burlyman30
04-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Back to the gym yesterday after a day of rest and healing. Soreness/general achyness/tiredness had gone away.

Bodyweight jumped back up again. 185. workout went well. It was my "light" chest day, so just high reps (20-25) and then I went "heavy" on arms, which found me using an additional 25 lbs over the norm on pushdowns and cable curls. I was pretty surprised.

New girl at the gym, too. Looks like Dana Lynn Bailey without the muscles. Nice scenery. Saw her checking me out a time or two. Her boyfriend was there. Saw HIM checking me out too. Hahaha.

Noticed last night and the previous workout that I have been sweating profusely. Shirt soaked top to bottom. Underwear soaked and leaching into shorts. I normally sweat, but this is over the top!

weekend
04-04-2014, 10:22 AM
^you still married? Lol

burlyman30
04-04-2014, 10:58 AM
^you still married? Lol

Haha. Yep. They say it's expensive to keep a wife. But it's way more expensive to get rid of one. :p

Bucks
04-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Haha. Yep. They say it's expensive to keep a wife. But it's way more expensive to get rid of one. :p

You got that right esp if it's been over 20 years!

burlyman30
04-04-2014, 11:44 AM
You got that right esp if it's been over 20 years!

Over 20, but feels like 40. Lol.

KAB111
04-04-2014, 12:06 PM
My old man said to me once "why would I want to trade the same problems for a different face". I guess better the enemy i know than the one i dont!

burlyman30
04-04-2014, 12:38 PM
My old man said to me once "why would I want to trade the same problems for a different face". I guess better the enemy i know than the one i dont!

haha. So true.

naeydrin
04-04-2014, 01:11 PM

So very very true :)

burlyman30
04-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Well, the bodyweight yo-yo continues. I was down 3 lbs from the day previous, so back to 182.

My shoulder was a bit tweaked, so I didn't go heavy with lat pulls or rows. Just went light, went for the squeeze, and got a pretty good pump. Delt work, I did a mix of heavy and light.

The mirror tells me I am making some improvements overall, so this is more important to me than the scale. Shoulders are getting rounder, chest is filling out a bit.

Shirts are more snug, but my waistline has not changed significantly, if at all.

Headaches have been on/off, so I do not think the methyl is a main cause, though it could be a contributor.

Still sweating like mad during a workout. Noticed I got a little cold partway through the workout again and wondered if it might be a blood sugar issue. When I take peptides, it drops my blood sugar and I sometimes get a cold clammy feeling until I eat.

Planning to take the next two days off... hopefully the shoulder will sort itself out and allow me to go heavy for Mondays chest workout.

burlyman30
04-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Yesterday I bumped up dose again to 75mg, 3x/day for a total of 225. No notable effects either good or bad. I started with 3 bottles, so I have plenty to experiment on this short run.

Bucks
04-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Yesterday I bumped up dose again to 75mg, 3x/day for a total of 225. No notable effects either good or bad. I started with 3 bottles, so I have plenty to experiment on this short run.

I know @ 150mg I felt like I could stop bullets if some had shot at me. I know everyone does not get those type of "well enhanced" feelings but I'm wondering if you have yet at your doses?

VayneZ
04-06-2014, 04:07 PM
225 and NO notable effects!!! You are inspiring me toward madness if you keep upping that dose bruh :D

AndroMinded
04-06-2014, 04:41 PM
All caught up! Always wanted to try out Mechabol. I eyed it up for like 2 years but have never purchased it >.>

burlyman30
04-06-2014, 04:59 PM
I know @ 150mg I felt like I could stop bullets if some had shot at me. I know everyone does not get those type of "well enhanced" feelings but I'm wondering if you have yet at your doses?

225 and NO notable effects!!! You are inspiring me toward madness if you keep upping that dose bruh :D

I think I mistyped. When I said no effects at 225, I did not mean I am not feeling any good effects at all, but rather that I could not tell a difference between 200 and 225.

I cannot say I have that "stopping bullets" feeling.

I do feel good overall. I don't have that harsh methyl feeling of lethargy. I have decent energy, but not as much energy as I had on methyl stenbolone.

The midnight wood on the first night of usage was a fluke, apparently, as it has not happened again since then.

Strength is OK, but nothing outstanding. Some days the weights go up, some days they don't. Pumps are good. Muscles are full.

I should note that I did come into this cycle "mildly enhanced". My "TRT+" includes a small dose of tren (100/WK), so I do have some anabolism prior to adding the mecha. This may account for me not noticing as dramatic effects as some might. The effects are there, though.

VayneZ
04-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks for clearing this up. Will you stay cruising at 225, or would you consider upping it even more soon?

burlyman30
04-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks for clearing this up. Will you stay cruising at 225, or would you consider upping it even more soon?

As well as I am feeling, I would, and may consider upping the dose. If I feel 225 begins to give me any unwanted sides, I'd happily drop down again.

burlyman30
04-06-2014, 11:25 PM
I forgot to mention a couple items. Sweating during or after a meal happens most of the time now. Sometimes midway through, sometimes afterward.

It feels like my body's metabolism just cranks up to burn the calories. Lasts maybe 15-30 mins.

Same or similar thing happens to me when on medium doses of tren. Happens to a greater degree when consuming carbs.

One more thing... I upped my dose of testosterone by using some prop that should not interfere with my blood work given enough clearance time. I am adding 100mg, 2x/WK to my TRT dose of 75mg/WK for a 5 week stint (10ml vial) and started that last week. I would prefer to go longer on the increased test dosage, but cannot do so until my blood work becomes less frequent.

burlyman30
04-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Not entirely sure, but I think the mecha is causing some stomach trouble. I seem to have a lot of burping and my food seems to "hang" in my stomach longer than it should. I ate lunch at 130ish and my workout was 530-7... it is 8 now and I am still burping and feeling intestinally bloaty. This is not the first day this has happened, but it doesn't always happen with every meal. I'll keep my eye on this, though, and report back later.

Forgot to weigh tonight, strength was ok, but still nothing beyond strength levels pre-mecha. Continue to look fuller than usual.

Started coughing a bit last night, and I am hoping it is just allergies. Pre-TRT, I had bouts of long-lasting bronchitis during/after some harsh methyl cycles. I do not want to go through that again. If it gets worse, I'll shut down the cycle and preserve my health. Keeping the status quo for now and watching closely.

Currently 2 weeks into the cycle. Still no decision on cycle length (provided bronchitis doesn't flare up). Still undecided on 3 or 4 weeks. Keeping close watch over my body and any sides that may present themselves.

burlyman30
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Had to forego the workout last night. About the time my work day ended, I started getting a headache... by the time I ran a couple pre-gym errands, it was almost migraine status.

I stopped at 7-11 to grab advil and a caffeinated drink, hoping that would at least prevent things from getting worst and at best, allow me to work out. I took the advil and drove to the gym and just sat in my truck for about 30 minutes to let things take effect.

By 7 (about 90 minutes later than my usual workout time), I decided to call it a night, as the headache was mildly better but not better enough.

I got home, ate ravenously, and went to bed before 9. Oh well. I'll try again today.

More cycle-specific observations:

Yesterday I mentioned a concern regarding the return of bronchitis. I took a couple puffs of an inhaler and an extra allergy pill and that seems to have taken care of things.

Digestion... still somewhat random, but the cabbage salad with the teriyaki food is no bueno. That caused me afternoon stomach gas two days in a row. I'll have to continue being selective with my choices, as that seems to be important.

muscles... shoulders seem to be rounding up a bit more. Chest is still behind the rest, but seems to be thickening up a bit. Oddly, legs are improving, and I haven't worked them in months because of knee pain. And quite a bit of knee pain seems to have subsided. Almost enough to make me want to try legs again.

burlyman30
04-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Back to the gym last night. Felt much better, though allergies and about a 2 hour late start didn't help.

Back and Delts.. went a little heavier on pulldowns than the previous two weeks, but didn't want to push the shoulder too hard. Decided to forego heavy rows in lieu of a two movement superset. Good pump and this helped me get home at a decent hour, too. Stayed light on delt work.

Weighed 183. So no change on the scale since about day 2 or 3. Good pumps, good vascularity, visually looking bigger, though tape measure says arms are same size. Its interesting.

nate3993
04-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Ur next run......metribolone ;)

burlyman30
04-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Ur next run......metribolone ;)

Haha. Would be interesting, for sure. But frankly, it scares me.

Methys are going to be far and few between for me, as I really want to preserve health. 1-2x a year for short bursts only. And once I clear my stash, I probably won't do orals again unless something seems very interesting and entices me back in. As it stands currently, I probably have enough stashed away for 3 more years. Maybe more.

nate3993
04-10-2014, 02:19 PM
When I go on TRT......I'll prolly try some metribolone at like 250mcg a day to try it out......I do love trying new drugs lol

burlyman30
04-10-2014, 03:45 PM
When I go on TRT.....

You make it sound like its a goal you are working toward. Lol.

nate3993
04-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Hahaha. Naw. I'm just pretty sure that since I cycled such harsh compounds at an early age I'll most likely end up on TRT sooner than your average guy. That's all. I might not.....but.....it'll probably happen. Thing that sucks though.....is that I've done injectable test a couple times and it didn't do anything crazy for my libido....so that kind of sucks. Maybe when my body stops producing test though and I go on TRT it'll give me a nice libido boost. Who knows.

burlyman30
04-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Testosterone level is a factor in libido, but unfortunately it is only one of several factors. my libido has improved on TRT, but its not anywhere near where I'd like it.

nate3993
04-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Oh, I know. Estrogen has a lot to do with morning wood but when it comes to hormones, you gotta balance em ALL and that can
Be a big pain in the ass.

burlyman30
04-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Last couple of days my appetite has been a little lower and I haven't tried to force feed. I'm just going with it. After last nights workout I decided to forego my usual pancakes and eggs. Instead, I had a protein shake with milk. This morning I had a normal (for me) breakfast but lunch consisted of two protein bars and a Gatorade.

The scale reflected the difference and had me at 180. The mirror also seemed to reflect the difference, as my midsection appeared less bloaty and abs seemed a bit more evident.

Still had a good pump in the gym. It was a medium day, so more about moving blood than pushing weight.

Stomach issues were nonexistent today and I was thankful for that.

Based on the reduction of stomach issues and otherwise feeling fine, I am likely to proceed for two more weeks, making it a total of 4. Nothing is set in stone, but that is how I am leaning tonight.

burlyman30
04-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Weight continues to bounce around. I did an early morning workout today with no food in me, just 2 cups of coffee, and weighed in at 185.

Workouts feel good. Good pump. I feel like I'm building a little tissue now, vs just glycogen retention. 2.5 weeks in so far.

VayneZ
04-12-2014, 10:51 AM
How many mg's did you take on empty stomach 75? And would you recommend this for early morning fasted cardio?

burlyman30
04-12-2014, 11:23 AM
How many mg's did you take on empty stomach 75? And would you recommend this for early morning fasted cardio?

Yep. 75 morning afternoon and evening. Morning dose is generally on empty stomach followed by food a little later (1/2 pot of coffee comes first. Lol) This is the first time I've done mecha/coffee/workout and it seemed to work just fine. Do I recommend it with cardio? Well, I never recommend cardio. Lol

VayneZ
04-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Yep. 75 morning afternoon and evening. Morning dose is generally on empty stomach followed by food a little later (1/2 pot of coffee comes first. Lol) This is the first time I've done mecha/coffee/workout and it seemed to work just fine. Do I recommend it with cardio? Well, I never recommend cardio. Lol

Damn man... now I'm really looking forward to start my cycle!! Thanks for the info!
p.s. just wondering why you never recommend cardio?

USN HM 350Z
04-12-2014, 08:06 PM
if you want cardio lift weights faster lol

burlyman30
04-13-2014, 12:09 AM
p.s. just wondering why you never recommend cardio?

I think the more important question is "why are you doing cardio?"

If the answer is calorie burning, then its not more effective than dietary calorie reduction in my opinion. I would rather eat 500 fewer calories than waste an hour of time on the treadmill. My time is valuable and I have much better things to do than be a hamster running on a spinning wheel.

If the answer is for heart health, then circuit-style training with weights, keeping the heart rate up with no breaks or short breaks between sets will be equally effective. If the heart rate stays elevated, it has no idea if it is because you are on a treadmill or super setting back to back exercises. It simply "knows" it is working harder and must beat faster to accommodate the increased activity level.

If the answer is cooldown/warmup/feels good, then suit yourself. I personally don't like it and would prefer to do my warmup with a few extra sets with lighter weight in far less time. Cool down is a silly concept to me, as all you have to do is stop working out and your body magically cools down all on its own. The people behind the idea of cardio for cool down probably own stock in cardio machine manufacturing companies.

VayneZ
04-14-2014, 10:03 AM
I agree with everything you said, and I do not do it for any of those reasons. However you did get me thinking.

I do HIIT 4 times a week, first thing in the morning on empty stomach. I believe it helps with my metabolic rate, and that's the main reason I keep them short, just to trigger my system and get out. Always under 20 minutes but intense to the point of vomitting.
In your opinion is this also a waste of time? (because honestly, it can be so overly brutal that I would NOT want to continue if it serves no solid purpose).

I have lost 30 pounds since I started this way of cardio-ing back in October, but then again, it could also be the fact that I lowered my cals...

I know you have WAY more experience and knowledge in leaning out than I do. So I'm open to burly's personal advise here ! Spare me the mistakes bro

burlyman30
04-18-2014, 01:42 PM
I agree with everything you said, and I do not do it for any of those reasons. However you did get me thinking.

I do HIIT 4 times a week, first thing in the morning on empty stomach. I believe it helps with my metabolic rate, and that's the main reason I keep them short, just to trigger my system and get out. Always under 20 minutes but intense to the point of vomitting.
In your opinion is this also a waste of time? (because honestly, it can be so overly brutal that I would NOT want to continue if it serves no solid purpose).

I have lost 30 pounds since I started this way of cardio-ing back in October, but then again, it could also be the fact that I lowered my cals...

I know you have WAY more experience and knowledge in leaning out than I do. So I'm open to burly's personal advise here ! Spare me the mistakes bro

Sorry for the delay in responding. As far as your intensity, I would certainly take it down a notch. I don't think there's anything to be gained by feeling like you have to vomit. If you are doing it to jack up the metabolic rate, then I am sure it will work for that purpose. Just ease up a bit. It will still serve the same purpose.

You mentioned a valid point about your weight loss... you started cardio this way but also lowered calories, so both items are responsible for the results. Ultimately it is about calories in vs. calories burnt, so adding the cardio allows you to either 1) eat a bit more and lose the same amount of fat as without cardio OR, 2) eat the same amount as you would to lose weight, but amplify results because of the additional caloric burn.

The last study I saw showed that HIIT training kept the metabolism elevated for a number of hours afterward. So is it valuable? It can be. Would I use it if I wanted to get super lean? I might have to, because at a certain point, caloric restriction might mean that I am eating very little. Can you get by without it if you want to get "beach lean"? I think that depends on the person, but I think for the most part, yes. Diet will just become more critical at that point.

burlyman30
04-18-2014, 02:01 PM
It has been a few days since I updated this thread. I am currently 3.5 weeks into this mecha cycle. I feel like I am building some lean tissue. My bodyweight has escalated a bit and I think that is from 2 factors. I have been hungrier lately, so I have let my appetite be my guide and have eaten either an extra snack or meal prior to bed over the last couple of weeks.

Though I can still see my abs, my waist measures about an inch more at this point. I have gained some weight. All this week I have consistently weighed 187. Interestingly, my arms look bigger visually, but still only stretch the tape to 17". My chest is thickening up a bit, which is a weak area for me. It is encouraging to see some activity there.

Overall, my strength hasn't increased much except on tricep pushdowns, where all of a sudden I added 25 lbs last week and another 20 lbs this week. Lat pulls had been stalled out for months until a couple days ago when I made a 30 lb jump to 300 lbs for sets of 6. Bench has remained stalled out since prior to the mecha. Odd.

I am still doing 75 mg, 3x/day. I get a little heartburn sometimes, but I think it is because the mecha is making me get hungry sooner and the stomach gets acidy before I've had a chance to eat. Overall, though, I feel good.

I have just a few days of mecha left in the last of 3 bottles, so I will just finish them out. This might carry me closer to 4.5 weeks, or almost 5, but there is no sense stopping if it's just a couple days different than my original plan.

VayneZ
04-18-2014, 03:26 PM
I appreciate the points you made on HIIT Burly, thanks for that. Good tips to keep in mind, and makes complete sense. These days I'm slowly (and carefully) lower my cals a bit more because I feel I've reached a plateau. Although I am seeing the veins coming out more and more and definition.

As for your update... go for 5 bro!!! :D I am so motivated and moved by your results that I really believe that this summer (hopefully if I get lean enough) I will run Mecha high dosed. So I'm following your journey through till the end bro. You are my guinea pig

burlyman30
04-19-2014, 12:29 AM
OK... I am willing to hear your guys' opinion on something.

I just counted up all the remaining mecha capsules. I can remain at 225/day for 7 days to make a total of 4.5 weeks, drop to 175/day for a total of 9 days, or drop to 150/day for a total of 10.5 days. Dropping the dose would take me from 4.5 weeks to 5 weeks.

Any feedback? I am leaning toward keeping dosage the same and just finish out 3 or 4 days sooner, but I'm open to discussion on this.

Scope75
04-19-2014, 06:07 AM
I'd just keep the dose the same and let it end a few days short.
I don't see any reason to drop the dose just to milk a few more days on.

VayneZ
04-19-2014, 08:46 AM
^^ Same Thing Scope said! 225 is the way to go till it's done

burlyman30
04-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys. You confirmed my thoughts on this. 225 it is.

burlyman30
04-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Shirts are definitely fitting tighter. I wore a shirt today that was snug when I was weighing 200-205 a couple years ago but hasn't felt snug since then. It felt just as snug today, though.

The real bonus is that the pants don't feel any tighter in the waist from the size gain. I have worked over the last two years to go from size 36 pants to 32s, so I'm happy to not go backwards again in that respect.

Chest is looking better. Nice to see some improvement there. Arms are looking good. Shoulders are getting more of that cannonball look to them.

Measured chest size on a whim. 45" relaxed, which is probably a 1-1.5" gain. To be honest, I don't recall it ever measuring that large. Lats continue to grow and are likely the driving factor there.

Appetite has been pretty high all week and I have simply let appetite be my guide, so I've probably been eating between 500-1000 cals a day extra. That explains the jump in bodyweight. I had to feed the growth. I'll get an end of cycle weight for you in another week.

Vascularity has increased on mecha. It was getting more prominent pre-mecha, but has increased more since. The bicep vein can be seen all the way up into my delt and then disappears into/under the pec.

Scope75
04-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Sounds like a sick run and makes me want some mechabol since it seems pretty side free and your progress has been killer too.

Bucks
04-20-2014, 09:19 AM
I like the shirt comment. During the last run of Mecha I told my wife not to put my dress shirts in the dryer anymore on high heat because they were all shrinking! Then a few days later I had on a Polo shirt at work and someone made a comment that I was looking much bigger in the top. Then it clicked.

I don't measure myself (probably should ) but I looked larger in the mirror chest shoulders and lats.

burlyman30
04-22-2014, 10:35 AM
188 last night. Gym doesn't have a bench press, only a power rack that was taken up by guys doing squats last night, so I switched things up and did dumbbells for a change... 120s (biggest DBs the gym has) went up for a set of 12 and then 10 before dropping down in weight. Felt good, no shoulder issues, and a great pump. Did a little cable work and then moved to arms and calves. Good pump all the way around.

Sadly, I feel like the mecha has really been building tissue the last week or two and will be sorry to see it go. I think I have 4 or 5 days left. :-(

markam
04-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Interested to know how you feel it compares to PP's Turinabol. I found that 5 weeks was best, anymore, diminishing returns.
Go on, you know you want to do 5 weeks:)

burlyman30
04-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Interested to know how you feel it compares to PP's Turinabol. I found that 5 weeks was best, anymore, diminishing returns.
Go on, you know you want to do 5 weeks:)

Haha. Well, I'll be right at 4.5 weeks when I finish what's in the last of 3 bottles.

Actually, I'd say it's very very similar to PP's Turinabol (I have a few of these left. Lol) in feel and in results. The Tbol really shined at 3 weeks and onward, so I ran 9-10 week cycles to take advantage of the slower onset. Mecha seemed to kick in sooner but softer, maybe at 2 weeks.

Sides-wise, Tbol had me cramping up randomly if my carbs were too low. It was not a huge strength builder, but I did make some increases. No cramping up on mecha, but I have kept my carbs higher than before.

markam
04-22-2014, 01:14 PM
Haha. Well, I'll be right at 4.5 weeks when I finish what's in the last of 3 bottles.

Actually, I'd say it's very very similar to PP's Turinabol (I have a few of these left. Lol) in feel and in results. The Tbol really shined at 3 weeks and onward, so I ran 9-10 week cycles to take advantage of the slower onset. Mecha seemed to kick in sooner but softer, maybe at 2 weeks.

Sides-wise, Tbol had me cramping up randomly if my carbs were too low. It was not a huge strength builder, but I did make some increases. No cramping up on mecha, but I have kept my carbs higher than before.

4.5 weeks is sweet. I thought you were doing a shorter run. I've just started researching Ostarine @ 3mgs ed, and appear to be getting a pump from it. I'm optimistic that it will be very usefully when cutting, and if it's effective at such a small amount, pretty cost effective also. I'm using Brawn Ostabol which comes in 10mg caps. Luckily I have digital scales which are essential, IMO.

VayneZ
04-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Damn Mark even you're on a cycle now! I guess I'm the only one not on a cycle :(

Burly, I hope you keep most of them tissues man! I know the feeling :( Kick it hard this last week bro!!!

burlyman30
04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
4.5 weeks is sweet. I thought you were doing a shorter run. I've just started researching Ostarine @ 3mgs ed, and appear to be getting a pump from it. I'm optimistic that it will be very usefully when cutting, and if it's effective at such a small amount, pretty cost effective also. I'm using Brawn Ostabol which comes in 10mg caps. Luckily I have digital scales which are essential, IMO.

I originally started out with 3 or 4 weeks in mind. The lack of side effects and appearance of positive effects plus the ability to run 4+ weeks with what I had on hand convinced me to just run until it was gone.

Osta.... I like it, but I don't see it as a cutting agent. S-4 is better for that, but the vision sides make it a no-go for some people. Osta is good for pumps and glycogen enhancement based on my experience. I've run it as high as 15.. maybe 25. I've also stacked S-4 and osta which is excellent.

burlyman30
04-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Burly, I hope you keep most of them tissues man! I know the feeling :( Kick it hard this last week bro!!!

Thanks bud. I'll work it, but priority is to remain injury free. :-)

burlyman30
04-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Another strong night for back. 300 lbs for close grip pulldowns. Had to rest the forearms a bit after several sets as they were pumped to the limit, so I followed up with light cable pullovers. After a few strict sets I went to low pulley rows for a few sets at 300.

So strength has bumped up a bit with my back. Got a great pump. My lats feel bigger than ever as I write this. I do need to work my inner back more (the mid and lower section of my traps). My lats always take over and I have a hard time feeling that part when I work back.

Never had time for lunch today, so my scale weight suffered, but still decent at 187.

And now for dinner!!!

Sperwer
04-22-2014, 11:36 PM
I do need to work my inner back more (the mid and lower section of my traps). My lats always take over and I have a hard time feeling that part when I !!!

Time for some John Meadows cable face pulls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burlyman30
04-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Time for some John Meadows cable face pulls?

I'll see if my shoulders will allow me to do them.

VayneZ
04-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Loving the progress!! Sucks that this is the last week. Would you say that until recently you've really began to notice increase in ''Strength'' particularly?

Pretty much interested if you would gain and keep some strength after this cycle. I forgot if you mentioned if you'd be running a PCT or not, since I know your on TRT also.

burlyman30
04-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Loving the progress!! Sucks that this is the last week. Would you say that until recently you've really began to notice increase in ''Strength'' particularly?

Strength increases have been elusive until last week, but they are not evenly distributed across the body. My lat pulls have been stuck at 270-285 (depending on how I feel) and now last week and this week, 300 for sets of 6 sort of came out of the woodwork. My tricep pushdowns are up significantly as well-- about 30 lbs, I'd say. Shoulder presses, no strength gains. Bench or other chest exercises, no strength gains.

Pretty much interested if you would gain and keep some strength after this cycle. I forgot if you mentioned if you'd be running a PCT or not, since I know your on TRT also.

I'm sure I'll keep most if not all my strength gains, since they were moderate at best and non-existent for the most part. Additionally, my TRT includes a small dosage of Tren, which will also be helpful in keeping my strength gains and general anabolism.

The only post cycle protocol I will be doing is Aegis and maybe some UDCA for about 6 weeks. Since I'm on TRT, there's really no reason to try to restart the HPTA, so no HCG. However, I do run and AI and SERM as a part of my TRT protocol, but that is for E2 control, not for restarting my system.

Sperwer
04-24-2014, 02:07 AM
I'll see if my shoulders will allow me to do them.

Since the Meadow's version is not a vertical pull but more of a slight high/low horizontal one I find it a whole lot more comfortable shoulder-wise:

Face pulls - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6shuaJl__A&sns=em)

"The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

markam
04-24-2014, 03:55 AM
The only post cycle protocol I will be doing is Aegis and maybe some UDCA for about 6 weeks. .

Interested as to why you're running Tudca after the cycle. I was advised not to run it after, only at the same time as a methylated compound.

Not saying your wrong in doing this, just trying to learn.

burlyman30
04-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Interested as to why you're running Tudca after the cycle. I was advised not to run it after, only at the same time as a methylated compound.

Not saying your wrong in doing this, just trying to learn.

There are different schools of thought on this. I have heard some well-knowing individuals say that using udca or tudca during the cycle will reduce the effectiveness of the methyl compound and clearing up the liver afterward while it is not under as much stress is more efficient use of the udca/tudca.

Historically, I have used it both during cycle and during pct. I decided to do it differently this time and since I get blood work regularly anyway for my TRT, I will be able to tell what is going on with my liver.

VayneZ
04-24-2014, 10:32 AM
There are different schools of thought on this. I have heard some well-knowing individuals say that using udca or tudca during the cycle will reduce the effectiveness of the methyl compound and clearing up the liver afterward while it is not under as much stress is more efficient use of the udca/tudca.

Historically, I have used it both during cycle and during pct. I decided to do it differently this time and since I get blood work regularly anyway for my TRT, I will be able to tell what is going on with my liver.

Really interested in the results of this ^^^
Since I am debating to whether run AEGIS during or post cycle of the same run you're doing

markam
04-24-2014, 10:52 AM

Yep, I remember DJM recommending using TUDCA after the cycle, whereas Jake (Antaeus) advocates only using it on cycle and actually said it was undesirable to run it post cycle.

From what I have read, Mecha isn't that harsh anyway, but it will be interesting to see your results.

burlyman30
04-24-2014, 12:59 PM
I have Aegis on hand... about 5 weeks worth, and I will have to dig up my last and most recent bloods to tell you how it affected my ast/alt levels, which consistently run at the top of the range or above it. From memory, it wasn't highly effective, but I'll get the numbers on here later. I will be ordering UDCA soon and taking 1000mg/day based on this study: Optimum dose of ursodeoxycholic acid in - PubMed Mobile (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10524634/)

markam
04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
I have Aegis on hand... about 5 weeks worth, and I will have to dig up my last and most recent bloods to tell you how it affected my ast/alt levels, which consistently run at the top of the range or above it. From memory, it wasn't highly effective, but I'll get the numbers on here later. I will be ordering UDCA soon and taking 1000mg/day based on this study: Optimum dose of ursodeoxycholic acid in - PubMed Mobile (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10524634/)

Maybe it comes down to how well Tudca protects the liver vs 'healing' it. I'm not qualified to make an even a educated guess on this, but if Tudca is successful as a preventative measure, that would be the approach I would take. Perhaps in the case of Msten it would be more important to run it on cycle, whereas with less toxic compounds, not so necessary, but I really haven't a clue. I'm curious as to why taking Tudca post cycle could be undesirable. I'll see if I can find the email from Jake.

------------

Found email, but no more info.

burlyman30
04-26-2014, 12:47 AM
OK... tonight was my last workout night on Mecha, as I am taking the weekend off from the gym. I have enough Mecha for one more day, so tomorrow I will finish it up and be done.

Scale had me at 187.5 today

Light workout today, but got a great pump in my last and pretty good in my rear traps. I used the cable crossover machine to play with different angles while experimenting with face pulls.

I used very light weight, as I just wanted to get a feel for an exercise that I have never done before. I could feel both my rear traps and my rear delts in this exercise, so my shoulders were more tired than usual and the following delt workout was significantly lighter than usual (but still equal exhaustion and pump).

Yesterday's workout was light/med chest and arms, but I went very light and high reps on bis because I had gone heavy on back two nights before and just wanted to pump blood into the muscle vs beating it up again.

Tris were a different story. After the chest session earlier in the week, I had gone light on tris. So this week I decided to pile on some weight. Each week I have increased tri strength since starting Mecha and this week was no exception. I went up another 25 lbs.

My strength has increased 20-25 lbs a week for 4 weeks in a row. I had to add a 45 and a 25 lb plate to the stack for my push downs. Pretty wild for me, especially considering that strength only increased on tris and lats during this time.

burlyman30
04-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Since the Meadow's version is not a vertical pull but more of a slight high/low horizontal one I find it a whole lot more comfortable shoulder-wise:

Face pulls - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6shuaJl__A&sns=em)

"The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

I had not had an opportunity to watch this video until just now, after my workout. Interestingly enough, the form, arching of the back, and the cable angle was identical to what I did tonight. The only difference was that I was standing. And that John Meadows is huge.

AndroMinded
04-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Seems like an effective Mechabol Experiment if you ask me :)

That must feel great throwing on them extra plates every week.

VayneZ
04-30-2014, 01:27 PM
How are you feeling today Burly? This is your 3rd day off correct?

burlyman30
05-01-2014, 12:01 AM
How are you feeling today Burly? This is your 3rd day off correct?

Had a small bout of bad luck. My last day on mecha was Saturday and on Sunday night I either ate something that didn't agree with me or I got a short lived virus and was unable to eat for about 20 hours. I started getting muscle cramps because of that, regardless of my level of fluid intake which was above normal. I was finally able to eat dinner, though only a small one. The next day (Tuesday) my stomach was a little tentative, though much improved, and I kept my meals small.

I've been working long hours lately, and have nod been able to get to the gym until tonight. Today was exhausting and I worked about 13 hours. But I forced myself to go. No way was I going to push much weight, so I went light, high reps, and just for a pump.

Weighed 184 tonight. That is probably a combo of losing water retention and possible dehydration issues, as my carbs were lowish and my fluids were too low for the heat we had today.

VayneZ
05-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Bro, you're a fighter. Just going through the 30 year-change thread and reading how you go through all these crazy health adversities, and to see you keep your head up and keep punching is really inspiring man.

How do you look overall today? Since you're back down to 184, did you notice less water retention in your frame, more definition?

burlyman30
05-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Bro, you're a fighter. Just going through the 30 year-change thread and reading how you go through all these crazy health adversities, and to see you keep your head up and keep punching is really inspiring man.

How do you look overall today? Since you're back down to 184, did you notice less water retention in your frame, more definition?

To paraphrase Rocky Balboa, "its not about how hard you get hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

Update on my knee situation. Xrays showed that nothing was bone-on-bone, so cartilage is intact. I was sent to an orthopedic specialist in physical therapy and it appears I have mountains upon mountains of scar tissue built up in my hips, quads, and hams and that has cause some severe inflexibility. The result of this is that when I bend at the knee it pulls the tendon below the knee as tight as a bowstring, causing both tendinitis and a patella that rides a bit "high" on the track.

My muscles feel like pea gravel when he does a deep tissue rub with a "remodeling implement". Doing lots of foam roller work to break up the adhesions and stretching to elongate the muscular range of motion among other things. I'm doing what I can to improve my condition, so I'm working hard to do my part.

On the water retention you asked about...
I can see a reduction in both intra and extracellular fluid retention. My calves look significantly more defined, but hard to notice elsewhere. I'll post again in a few days about this.

VayneZ
05-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Burly, why and how did all these injuries happen to you? I don't believe in luck or no luck... but man... for someone who's not even in his mid 40's yet, that's a LOT of physical issues. Like the Rocky quote! And I admire you for fighting through and doing all you can to improve and prevail.

burlyman30
05-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Burly, why and how did all these injuries happen to you? I don't believe in luck or no luck... but man... for someone who's not even in his mid 40's yet, that's a LOT of physical issues. Like the Rocky quote! And I admire you for fighting through and doing all you can to improve and prevail.

Scar tissue build up was apparently caused by years of heavy intense training. Same with shoulders after multiple strains and partial tears. Their mobility is much worse than my leg/hip area and is always knocking on the door of the next injury.

I think the problem has been compounded by my lack of PT after many of these injuries, and allowing them to heal naturally without additional therapeutic assistance.

At 44, I am still dealing with injuries that happened when I was 19 (rotator cuff) and then finding interesting ways to create new ones (quad tear about 2 years ago).

I think it also has to do with the fact that my body was never meant to hold mass. I am ectomorphic naturally. I started this journey weighing only 95 lbs. I have tiny bones and joints that were never meant to push a lot of weight in the gym or carry a lot of weight on my frame. My natural "set point" bodyweight is still 145-155lbs, so at around 180ish I'm fighting Mother Nature.

Could I give it all up and have less physical issues? Probably. When I took my ten year hiatus from the gym, I had few injuries occur. But the gym is not only a physical, but also a mental sanctuary for me. It was a magical place for me at age 14, and 30 years later I still enjoy it more than any other hobby I've ever tried.

Sperwer
05-02-2014, 09:07 PM
I think the problem has been compounded by my lack of PT after many of these injuries, and allowing them to heal naturally without additional therapeutic assistance.

At 44, I am still dealing with injuries that happened when I was 19 (rotator cuff) and then finding interesting ways to create new ones (quad tear about 2 years ago).

It's not too late to do the PT, my friend. I've been going twice a week since the beginning of the year. I've noticed dramatic improvements in shoulder, thoracic and hip mobility - the areas where I have serious tissue damage/scars as a result of accidents/wounds that I also did not properly rehab at the time. This has improved my lifting and is really apparent during my new swim training routine ( i will be doing a triathlon in late October). I can do 30 laps now (about ½ mile) without feeling like i need bionic shoulder replacement surgery, actually use my legs for propulsion instead of a pull sled and roll enough to be able to breathe bilaterally in the slipstream without having to lift my head out of the water. My shoulders have moved about 2 inches back from forward rounding to a nearly neutral position.

The big trick is to find a truly competent therapist. I've been lucky in the regard, esp since the couple with whom i work both lift and swim. Do yourself a favor and look into it. Unlike some other things, It only gets harder with age - trust me on this - i call it my biweekly humbling experience

burlyman30
05-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Thanks Sperwer for the words of encouragement. I still have a lot of (hopefully) gym years ahead of me. Seeing you tear it up in the gym and accomplish so much even through multiple adversities is a great motivator for me to do what I need to do to take care of my body better now so it'll do what I want later.