PDA

View Full Version : Pepto Pro Confusion

Grape Ape
04-27-2014, 08:13 PM
My old bag reads:
1 tbs(5g)=4g protein

My new bag reads:
1 scoop(30g)= 24g protein

If I measure out 6 tbs it doesnt fill the scooper that cam with the new bag, but by math they should be the same amount of protein.

A bag also seems to last me longer than # of servings on label.

I usually use 12g peptopro.

So how should I be measuring all this to get the ammount I need?

Evolved
04-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Well the mah is correct if you are talking about the labels,etc...maybe Mike will chime in...powder density different?

necropuppy
04-29-2014, 05:59 AM
My old bag reads:
1 tbs(5g)=4g protein

My new bag reads:
1 scoop(30g)= 24g protein

If I measure out 6 tbs it doesnt fill the scooper that cam with the new bag, but by math they should be the same amount of protein.

A bag also seems to last me longer than # of servings on label.

I usually use 12g peptopro.

So how should I be measuring all this to get the ammount I need?

My new bag of Peptopro didn't come with a scoop it said something like
1 tbs= 4 or 5g protein. IIRC, my bad ripped so I had to put it in a gallon zip lock.

Grape Ape
05-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Wesley? Mike? Anything for me?

necropuppy
05-17-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm curious as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WesleyInman
05-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Wesley? Mike? Anything for me?

Sorry I never saw this until now..I truthfully don't know why the old bag is different, and why the scooper is not full....

BUT!!! I will contact Mike asap and find out :)

BRB

Grape Ape
05-17-2014, 02:28 PM
No sweat. I just want to make sure im getting the right dosage. Pretty important with pepto.

Im going to recheck the scoop issues to make sure I wasn't wrong here.

PNMike
05-17-2014, 07:18 PM
No sweat. I just want to make sure im getting the right dosage. Pretty important with pepto.

Im going to recheck the scoop issues to make sure I wasn't wrong here.

Ok see theres some confusion. The scoop produces the correct amount definitely in the unflavored format. Ive experimented with the Fruit Punch flavor and i can see right away the flavoring makes the Peptopro fluffy which is how the flavoring looks as well. To get the scoop full and weigh correctly, I had to pack it down a little bit. Orange and lemon lime seem to check out ok.

If you are in a position that you need to know the exact amount, weigh is always best. Scoops can vary during the production runs (not a PN issue) and the powder is fluffy to start with. Whack the bag one time and watch all the dust kick up.

Anything else?

Grape Ape
05-17-2014, 09:41 PM
So weigh out the 15g I want on a scale and I should get the 12g peptopro I want? Both bags are the orange gatorade flavor(the old bag just says orange). Or would I just be better off going unflavored for this specific dosing?

So all the dust when I pour this stuff is the peptopro?