PDA

View Full Version : Laundry

Cobalt
05-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Got a problem. My gym shirts are starting to build up a funk from so much gym time.
Normal laundry doesn't seem to cut it. I usually hang my shirts up to dry, then run them in the wash. Tried using more detergent (up to twice the normal amount) and even running multiple cycles, but I can't seem to kill the smell.

Any tips? What kind of detergent would be best? New shirts aren't too expensive, but I like what I have.

necropuppy
05-19-2014, 08:06 AM
try color safe bleach or Oxiclean.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hank!
05-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Maybe its your gym bag that needs washing?

It helps if you only wear them for one workout between washes, having two kids insures that I do wash 3-4x a week. I cant image that one person could funk up a shirt so much it cant be cleaned.

KAB111
05-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Ive heard of Borax and baking soda being used for this. Havent had to try it myself yet but a friend says it worked for him.

Cobalt
05-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Gym bag is nice and fresh, some shirts smell and others don't I only wear said shirts for working out. Kinda boggles my mind why/how it happens.

I'll try the baking soda, didn't think of that. The color safe bleach sounds good too.

necropuppy
05-19-2014, 12:57 PM
If bleach and baking soda doesn't kill it.... There's something wrong with you... Funk like that is not natural.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

olddawg
05-19-2014, 01:01 PM
don't let them dry, once they dry the funk is set in them, soak them until you're ready to wash them :) Me, I just put a dirty shirt on for the workout, 5 mins into it everything smells the same anyway lol

VayneZ
05-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Good advises! I have the same problem with the strap that I use around my arm for my Ipod. Man I can smell that funky sweaty smell from a few feet away.

Cobalt did anyone ever tell you that you smell?? I'm still wondering if It's just that my nose got so used to picking up that smell that I always get the scent of it, or if everyone around probably say behind my back: ''geez that guy SMELLS LIKE A SWEATY ASS!''

Cobalt
05-20-2014, 10:57 AM
LOL, no one has said it to me, I just notice taking shirts out of the dryer and they still have a slight smell to them.

markam
05-20-2014, 11:25 AM
The clothes have probably been left wet and dirty for too long before washing, and fungus is growing on them.

Maybe you could spray them with pheromones:)

BoneDaddy
05-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Baking soda in the wash with some oxiclean.

- - - Updated - - -

Good advises! I have the same problem with the strap that I use around my arm for my Ipod. Man I can smell that funky sweaty smell from a few feet away.

Cobalt did anyone ever tell you that you smell?? I'm still wondering if It's just that my nose got so used to picking up that smell that I always get the scent of it, or if everyone around probably say behind my back: ''geez that guy SMELLS LIKE A SWEATY ASS!''

Where did you get that ipod arm band? I can't ever find any that fits around my arm.....

KAB111
05-20-2014, 01:08 PM
I bought one for my iphone, made by Yurbuds.Ive got good size arms and it fit well. I quit using it though cause on arm day it cut into my bicep and it got to be uncomfortable. Plus all that damn cord for the ear buds was a pain. Now i just throw my phone in my pocket and run the cord under my shirt.

Where did you get that ipod arm band? I can't ever find any that fits around my arm.....[/QUOTE]

VayneZ
05-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Baking soda in the wash with some oxiclean.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get that ipod arm band? I can't ever find any that fits around my arm.....

ahhh the benefit of having tiny arms :)R
With arms like those in your display pic, you'll have to get them custom made BoneD. I bought mines at Target 2 years back.

And Kab, I hear you on the bicep day experience. Bicep or back day... I constantly have to keep adjusting it after every set, because of the mad pumps lol. But I need my double pedal brutal death metal to keep me focused. Can't focus with the stupid crap they play at my gym.... I'll have 0 motivation

olddawg
05-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Bone Daddy's avi is a legend in the PH world, second only to well I can't remember his name now but he killed himself with gear, only worked chest and arms oh yeah, zyzz. Ask BD about who his avi is lmao

KAB111
05-20-2014, 09:20 PM
And Kab, I hear you on the bicep day experience. Bicep or back day... I constantly have to keep adjusting it after every set, because of the mad pumps lol. But I need my double pedal brutal death metal to keep me focused. Can't focus with the stupid crap they play at my gym.... I'll have 0 motivation[/QUOTE]

Down Sepultura Pantera.... All of that helps push that weight!

VayneZ
05-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Bone Daddy's avi is a legend in the PH world, second only to well I can't remember his name now but he killed himself with gear, only worked chest and arms oh yeah, zyzz. Ask BD about who his avi is lmao

Bone D, as soon as you finished buying them Ipa's from evolved, I would like some further explation about what olddawg's saying here :rolleyes:

Haritec
05-22-2014, 08:11 AM
I have found that shirts that 100% cotton don't seem to get that funk (same with shorts) but shirts or shorts that have man made fibers like polyester or nylon get it. Even if it seems to have gone away when it comes out of the dryer, wear them for three or four hours (not sweating or working out) and the funk is back. I make sure all my workout gear is 100% cotton - seems to get rid of the funk issue.

BoneDaddy
05-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Bone D, as soon as you finished buying them Ipa's from evolved, I would like some further explation about what olddawg's saying here :rolleyes:

LOL, It's me from a few years ago, so........*shrugs*

pman42
05-28-2014, 09:34 PM
I have had a pair of gym pants for maybe 4 years (yes, I have),. when they get the funk, I soak them in a solution of laundry soap and vinegar. if you want to really go crazy, add some oregano oil. then spray them out and wash. you may have to wash twice. soak them overnight and i guarantee the smell will be gone.