PDA

View Full Version : Low dose naltrexone (LDN)

Jelisej
05-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Low-dose naltrexone (LDN): Tricking the body to heal itself -- ScienceDaily (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110902133047.htm)

LDN Research Trust (http://www.ldnresearchtrust.org/)

Very interesting stuff, what crosses my mind is that among other benefits- it could be used to increase number and sensitivity of dopamine receptors- which I believe would be very helpful as dopamine receptors get desensitised quite quickly- especially when using dopamine agonists, and also I assume that benefits from testosterone ( at least goodfeel) may be more pronounced and last lot longer.

O.N.
05-26-2014, 04:05 PM
I've tried it as a replacement for HCG, however the nausea was too much to handle and did not go away until i discontinued using it. So it may be tolerable for some, but I think if you do not require it you will probably feel pretty shit like i did.

Jelisej
05-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Some people cant tolerate it well, did you try with small dose and then gradually increase it?
And do you think it works/would work as HCG replacement?

necropuppy
05-26-2014, 05:30 PM
I used to take naltrexone for opiate cravings. But this was before I started lifitn and my brain chemistry was all outta whack.

They did make me nauseaous to start, but that went away. I didn't take it for all that long cause I wanted to get high and you can't get high when you take this. It binds to the receptors is teh opiates cannot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

O.N.
05-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Some people cant tolerate it well, did you try with small dose and then gradually increase it?
And do you think it works/would work as HCG replacement?

Yeah i cannot recall the dose, however i started low, then went lower and lower and still had the issue, i think it's a case of if you do not require it you feel like shit on it.

As for a HCG replacement the science is there, if the theory turns into practicality that is another thing.

BBG
05-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Where would someone pick this up? Is it carried by research companies?

O.N.
05-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Where would someone pick this up? Is it carried by research companies?

find someone who has alcohol or drug abuse and is in the process of coming off

necropuppy
05-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Yeah I just read that article, I think imma hit my psych doctor up for some. Wonder how low, low dose is.

necropuppy
05-27-2014, 06:23 AM
Just did some research, between 2-5 mg. Great find!

Haritec
05-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks for this - it is very interesting. I have a kid with an undiagnosed auto-immune disease that is Crohns like ( but not Crohns apparently). When it flares up his immune system attacks other organs like kidneys. They keep it at bay with immune suppression - but this is yet another avenue to work with his doctors on and perhaps has less sides than the immune suppression. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Jelisej
05-27-2014, 04:00 PM
LDN is still considered as "alternative" medicine- so some doctors dont like to prescribe it, but because is used for number of different issues any doctor can prescribe it. Its patent expired so its available as generic tough its hard to find- but you have te be aware that naltrexone would not work- it needs to be low-dose-naltrexone; other thing is it seems that only slow-release LDN is giving good results.

Website dedicated to LDN: The Low Dose Naltrexone Homepage (http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/)

Some extracts: The usual adult dosage is 4.5mg taken once daily at night. Because of the rhythms of the body's production of master hormones, LDN is best taken between 9pm and 3am. Most patients take it at bedtime.
Notable exceptions:
People who have multiple sclerosis that has led to muscle spasms are advised to use only 3mg daily and to maintain that dosage.

Another site from UK which also contains some studies and research, I found those from Stanford LDN research very interesting: http://www.ldnnow.co.uk/47401.html

BBG
03-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Old thread, but I just ordered 500mg. I'll only take 1mg for the first 5 days, then 2mg for the next 5, then 3mg from then on.

nate3993
03-27-2015, 01:31 PM
What's the health benefit were talking about here? I doesn't mention it in his post and when I clicked a link, one of them just showed a huge list of benefots, but curious as to the one j was speaking on.

O.N.
03-27-2015, 11:21 PM
Old thread, but I just ordered 500mg. I'll only take 1mg for the first 5 days, then 2mg for the next 5, then 3mg from then on.

Did you read the first page of this thread?

BBG
03-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Spotted some feedback on Dat's forum.

In regards to if anyone had used to prevent HPTA suppression on cycle:

I had. Unfortunately I have not done any lab tests on LH and FSH to prove it works, but I can tell you taking it during cycle prevented testicles from shrinking and kept sperm quality (that one I checked).
Even if it is not a silver bullet for HTPA shutdown I think it is quite beneficial to have it. It can only help in that regards and not only that. The increased work intensity of incycle training really beats up immune system and may people get sick in that time. LDN is proven to boost and modify immunity.

O.N.
03-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Ejaculation size and testicle shrinkage is by far the worst way to measure if you are functioning whilst taking steroids.

Jelisej
03-29-2015, 04:04 PM

It would be good if you could log this or give us a feedback on how it worked for you...

BBG
03-29-2015, 07:02 PM
It would be good if you could log this or give us a feedback on how it worked for you...

That's my plan. Or at least to update you guys on the effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Ejaculation size and testicle shrinkage is by far the worst way to measure if you are functioning whilst taking steroids.

For sure, I was more referring to it maintaining serm quality while on cycle

O.N.
03-30-2015, 12:50 AM
For sure, I was more referring to it maintaining serm quality while on cycle

Did you have your sperm tested?
Visually looking at your ejaculation size etc has nothing to do with quality of sperm...hell they could all be deformed.

As said ejaculation size and testicle shrinkage is by far the worst way to measure if you are functioning whilst taking steroids....it basically tells you nothing, you can be 100% shut down, have a zero sperm count and your nuts can still appear normal along with your ejaculation.

BBG
03-30-2015, 08:20 AM
It's wasn't me giving the feedback, it was a member at datbtrue forum. Yes he had sperm quality checked, yes the ldn had maintained it.

I get that testicle size and ejaculate volume can't tell you if you've recovered or not.

BBG
07-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Anyone interested in seeing this over at bulkpurityplus?

entropy
07-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Anyone interested in seeing this over at bulkpurityplus?
Constructive suggestion: Update this thread and we'll tell you. :cool: