PDA

View Full Version : Why did you choose your Screen Name?

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Since BBG is not a nice guy and is a phony because hes not really black ;) :D we thought it would be fun/interesting to explain why you choose the name you did.

Soooo

Ill start. Well my name is Ryan all my friends call me Ry. In HS I use to indulge in a whole bunch of herbal remedies :D hence the "high" part. One day they starting calling my Ryhigh and it stuck around, so that's where "Ryhigh" came from.

Now your turn

Jelisej
05-29-2014, 05:11 PM
"Jelisej" was first thing that came to my mind when I registered on pp as I wanted to order few things- I did not expect that I will become active on forum.

"Jelisej" is slavic version of Elisha- which is Holly prophet Elisha- which is interesting and my favourite character in Bible (tough I'm not religious, really). Elisha was not simple prophet- he could do all sorts of things- he could raise from the dead- he was teacher of Elijah- many consider Elijah actually greater- but difference is that Elijah did not like gentiles (non-Jews) too much which I did not , and Elisha was much more tolerant- he was very cool character indeed.

Jelisej
05-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Since BBG is not a nice guy and is a phony because hes not really black ;) :D we thought it would be fun/interesting to explain why you choose the name you did.

Soooo

Ill start. Well my name is Ryan all my friends call me Ry. In HS I use to indulge in a whole bunch of herbal remedies :D hence the "high" part. One day they starting calling my Ryhigh and it stuck around, so that's where "Ryhigh" came from.

Now your turn

Good that you did not choose "Pokeherface".

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Good that you did not choose "Pokeherface".

Haha! It very well could have if the song I got it from was released when creating an account

ironjulius
05-29-2014, 05:44 PM
about 6 years ago a guy was trying to start a fight with me and i finally said lets go. he came at me and i knocked his ass out with one punch shattered his nose. from then on guys thought i was mike tyson so they called me ironjulius lol

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 05:45 PM
about 6 years ago a guy was trying to start a fight with me and i finally said lets go. he came at me and i knocked his ass out with one punch shattered his nose. from then on guys thought i was mike tyson so they called me ironjulius lol

Lol, very interesting so far.

Hank!
05-29-2014, 06:08 PM
Mine is boring

Old GF of mine who had a pretty profound NY accent used to yell Hank! when Henry didn't seem to suffice.
Iff i would have used used what my Xwife used to shout to get my attention I would be Asshole!

BBG
05-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Sergio Oliva. By far my favorite bodybuilder... I think I was 19 when I chose BigBlackGuy (now usually just BBG) as my username.

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Mine is boring

Old GF of mine who had a pretty profound NY accent used to yell Hank! when Henry didn't seem to suffice.
Iff i would have used used what my Xwife used to shout to get my attention I would be Asshole!

Lol my very first word was "basshole" I guess I picked it up from my grandma who always called my grandpa that

Telepathically sent from iPhone using Jedi mind tricks

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Sergio Oliva. By far my favorite bodybuilder... I think I was 19 when I chose BigBlackGuy (now usually just BBG) as my username.

Way back when you had a black guy as your pic right? I was fooled for so long lol

Jelisej
05-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Mine is boring

I was thinking that Hank is your name :)
In any case- Hank sounds better than Asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the greatest mysteries was solved today.
I remeber how surprised I was when you posted your picture, well you were big- but you were not black.

BBG
05-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Way back when you had a black guy as your pic right? I was fooled for so long lol

I never had a black guy as my pic! It wasn't ever my plan to fool people haha

ryhigh
05-29-2014, 06:51 PM
I never had a black guy as my pic! It wasn't ever my plan to fool people haha

Really? lol not on PP wayyy back when? Hmmmm my bad haha

nate3993
05-30-2014, 03:38 PM
names nathan...and i was born march 3/9/93....real fascinating lol

ryhigh
05-30-2014, 03:43 PM
my name is Ryan and I'm a alcoholic... Wait wait, wrong place haha. Ahhhh just missed being an Aries, bummer lol

derekh83
05-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Mines is about the same. Derek is my name and was born in 83. Wish I picked something else now but choked with all the pressure of choosing a SN.

necropuppy
05-30-2014, 04:43 PM
I kill puppies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ryhigh
05-30-2014, 04:53 PM
I kill puppies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hahahah

Cobalt
05-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Playing Halo online with the wife. Had to choose a nickname, and couldn't pick anything. I like blue, and my player color was 'cobalt'.
I shit you not.

KAB111
05-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Initials and ones cause I got so many fkn passwords and log ons that I figured I could at least remember that.

VayneZ
05-30-2014, 08:52 PM
I guess I always wanted sick veins :rolleyes:

Bucks
05-31-2014, 07:52 AM
Mine was a handle from my teenage years . I just used it to register on a few boards to lurk never thinking I would ever post.

Funny how that changes , kinda like your body after enhancement supplements.

somm
05-31-2014, 10:16 AM
Back in the old PP days mine was mrsomm. I got that from when I was in chemistry class in high school and my teacher would always yell mr.sommers! when I would make a bomb or some crazy stuff. So I shortened it up to mrsomm, but then everyone thought it was mrs.omm so when swole source started I just shortened it to Somm.

BoneDaddy
05-31-2014, 12:45 PM
I've been using Bonedaddy for many, many years online. I got it from a former neighbor who was Cuban. I used to sleep with a different girl 5, sometimes 6 times a week back in the day. Sometimes 2 a day. lol Anyways, this neighbor would always see all of these different girls leaving my condo and he always used to say "Man, yous quite the bone daddy, eh chico?" I finally asked him wtf a bone daddy was exactly and he says it's a dude who is always seducing the ladies and very promiscuous, a cocksman if you will. And that was that. lol

Jelisej
05-31-2014, 04:01 PM
I've been using Bonedaddy for many, many years online. I got it from a former neighbor who was Cuban. I used to sleep with a different girl 5, sometimes 6 times a week back in the day. Sometimes 2 a day. lol Anyways, this neighbor would always see all of these different girls leaving my condo and he always used to say "Man, yous quite the bone daddy, eh chico?" I finally asked him wtf a bone daddy was exactly and he says it's a dude who is always seducing the ladies and very promiscuous, a cocksman if you will. And that was that. lol

So far, you are winning competition in this category.

Mine was a handle from my teenage years . I just used it to register on a few boards to lurk never thinking I would ever post.
Funny how that changes , kinda like your body after enhancement supplements.

Glad to see you posting, its nice to take part, after all with all differences we have- we also have a lot in common and we are all battling for improvement, some trying to lose weight, some to gain weight, some to "recomp", some to gain strenght- nevertheless we are all in this battlefield and its good to share experiences, as we all learn something from both success stories and mistakes.

I would like more people to join our weightlifting family, lurkers- come out and play!

Nice thread, Ryhigh. It is actually nice to find out and learn something personal from other folks.
And you're a good host!

Sperwer
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Sperwer is Dutch for Sparrowhawk, a medium size bird of prey. It's also the name of a French/Dutch produced predator drone/missile. I chose it years ago, though, because it was the name of the Dutch trading/war sloop some of the crew of which were the first Westerners to live in Korea for a prolonged period (as prisoners) after they shipwrecked on the southern Korean coast in the 17th century. Some of them later managed to escape to Japan and eventually got back to the Netherlands, where one wrote the first Western account of Korea. I sort of shipwrecked here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grape Ape
06-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I thought no one would take Magilla Gorilla serious.

ryhigh
06-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Im still waiting for burly to say. "Im a burly man, that's why" lol

longBallLima
06-03-2014, 10:35 AM
because my balls are long and my last name is lima, that's why LOL

oh and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnjYvSRmreQ

ryhigh
06-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Hahahahah

BoneDaddy
06-03-2014, 12:10 PM
because my balls are long and my last name is lima, that's why LOL

oh and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnjYvSRmreQ

And here I thought you were a baseball player...........long balls. You have long balls.

Cdsnuts
06-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Been using my SN for a long time. When I first started frequenting forums, I never really intended on "getting to know" anyone. I was just there for information. It was always aggravating to me that I couldn't just lurk and read without registering. So because I was forced to pick a SN, I went with See Deez Nuts, but spelled it the way it is so that it wouldn't get flagged.

So far that makes two screen names here that reference testicles.

ryhigh
06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Hahah I thought that's what you meant the first time I read your SN way back, but didn't soon after for some reason

ryhigh
06-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Whos next????

Jack O'Neill
06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
General from Stargate SG1.
The best TV movie ever. And I liked McGyver too :-)

I've always been a big fan of the great Richard Dean Anderson ;-)

hossam
06-06-2014, 08:44 AM
my real name :)

wabba
06-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Used this username since middle school for some reason. Fuck it might as well keep using it.

ryhigh
06-06-2014, 06:28 PM
my real name :)

Thats a good reason lol

Used this username since middle school for some reason. Fuck it might as well keep using it.

wabba reminds me on waddle which makes me think of waddle waddle in the The Duck song lol so i always smile when i see it.. So wabba you bring a smile to my face haha

Red Weight
07-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I was surfing online and entered tunedsports.com. There I saw a picture, my current avatar, and I liked it and saved it. I called it Red Weight when I saved it. When googling on Red Weight I found more Red Weight pictures and thought it would be a funny nickname with the ease of many avatars and related pictures already being made.

Thats the story :cool:

Freepressright
08-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Because I was a print journalist and broadcaster for 12 years.

Freepressright = The right to a free press

Got out of the field in the summer of 2011 and went into law enforcement. The journalistic profession is full of bleeding heart leftist activists who have no idea what impartial or unbiased reporting is. I was ready to get out.

Iron Dwarf
12-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Well, I really wanted to be Iron Giant, but at 5'5" I wouldn't be fooling anyone.

lol

By the way, anyone here remember me from T-Nation forums? I got banned for dissing their products.
LOL

Jelisej
12-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Well, I really wanted to be Iron Giant, but at 5'5" I wouldn't be fooling anyone.

LOL

At 5'5" you're bit shorter than average, but still far from dwarf.
Welcome to the board, bro'.

studog
12-07-2014, 08:54 PM

lol

By the way, anyone here remember me from T-Nation forums? I got banned for dissing their products.
LOL
I remember you, tnation was one of the first forums I followed. their products really are overpriced shit.

Macdon1588
12-07-2014, 10:31 PM
My name is fairly boring. My last name is Macdonald and 1588 is my initiation number in my frat house some 17 years ago which coincided with me needing a screen name for AOL instant messenger. :-) I was pretty serious about being a frat boy back then.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Mad Mardigan
12-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Because Willow is awesome. And Mad Mardigan is the greatest swordsman that ever lived.