PDA

View Full Version : What bothers you the most.....(poll)

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
What's the numer one thing you hate when you are in the gym.....

Go ahead, answer.

Dj please don't analyze us due to our choices :)

If you vote other, mention what it is haha.

h2s
11-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Damn, I don't know which to choose, they all bother me. never had any issues with trainers at my gym, in fact the head trainer is fairly cool with me.

BBG
11-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Other: Big guy training a small guy as if the small guy was a big guy.

Grape Ape
11-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Not a lot bothers me, but here are 3.

People with earbuds in blasting music. They are usually singing/rapping along as if everyone needs to hear the awesome music they listen too. They don't hear you when you say "excuse me" when they are in your way, and they seem oblivious to the rest of the gym.

When a group of kids(3-4+) all lift together. As if no one else needs to use the bench. This isn't your hangout spot. If you want a workout partner that is fine, but 3 is too much.

When someone obviously unexperienced and not well trained is giving out terrible lifting advice. Noobz should not train noobz.

EDIT: Edited for my grammer and autocurrect issues.

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Damn, I don't know which to choose, they all bother me. never had any issues with trainers at my gym, in fact the head trainer is fairly cool with me.

Yeah I know it was hard to pick for me. Haha.

My last gym was pretty weird with trainers. I don't know why, it was weird how the trainers would stare at everyone. I think they thought highly of themselves since most of the people they trained were in sad shape... Then watching the trainers lift was confusing, I thought to myself, "aren't you a trainer?" But then again. I'm probably out of my mind.

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Not a lot bothers me, but here are 3.

People with earbuds in blasting music. They are usually singing/rapping along as if everyone needs to hear the awesome music they listen too. They don't hear you when you say "excuse me" when they are in your way, and they seem oblivious to the rest of the gym.

When a group of kids(3-4+) all lift together. As if no one else needs to use the bench. This isn't your hangout spot. If you want a workout partner that is fine, but 3 is too much.

When someone obviously u.experienced and not well trained is giving out terrible lifting experience. Noobz should not train noobz.

Hahaha. I know how that feels. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Other: Big guy training a small guy as if the small guy was a big guy.

Small guy has to get big too BBG!!!!! Lol

Cobalt
11-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I fucking HATE IT when people come to the gym like it's social hour and not time to, you know... WORK OUT.

I left my last gym because people would constantly gather in small groups around the free weights like it was the local bar. Couldn't get to the weights, and they would just glare at you if you asked them to move. The staff wouldn't do shit about it, not only because they were lazy, but because the staff members would be in the groups too. :mad:

There was a girl named Cathy at the gym my wife and I went to that just talked and talked and fucking talked the whole time she was there. In the 45-60 minutes that we were there, she would do maybe 2 sets of something minor and that be it. She also wore clothes way too small, and she was fat. We nick-named her Chubby Chatty Cathy.

DJM
11-16-2012, 05:16 PM
other

guys sizing me up every walk to the water fountain, staring while they chat and do nada, and thinking 'hes on steroids, thats why', as opposed to all the work iv done in the last 35min vs their set of fkn synchronized lat raises with shit form, then sit on a pair of benches n chat.........
that and the people who ask for advice or when you feel social and give advice, they nod in approval, then immediately go back to their shitty ways, only to ask the same question 4mos later

this fkn *** who thought he was cool with me, finally one day asked me how to grow, i said eat and eat more, he says he does but he has a fast metabolism, mind you his gut protrudes from his sweater and pops out when he does pulldowns, so i tell him if its so fast wheres the abs, he says he eats bad, ding fkn ding.....1yr later he still looks like mouse shit

i get the 'oh you are a vegetarian, you gotta take steroids, so are big'.....my answer 'how old are you? 22? im 32, 10yrs plus more on than not gym eating wise, thats fkn why'......he refuses to accept how meticulous i can be with cals to remain cut and pumped, its a fkn chore finding 300g protein without meat, even on, 6 sets of 15 of 3plates squats isnt easy....oh but his ass is in the shitty leg press cause he heard squats are bad for your fkn legs.....yep, fkn goof

lastly, those fkn cycling shorts the spinning guys use then come lift a little, where their cock n balls migh as well be out

lastly x2.....the cunts who think they are bad and try and out lift you.....i do 45-60lbs for hammers, light really, for reps, so this fkn aids kid starts going heavier, slams em down and stares at me using the mirror.....my arm is 21inches, so he can fkn lift 200lbs for all i care

ill be back with more after i smoke this bat ;)

Rulk
11-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I could be just me.. but when you grab your dumbells at the rack- please pick a fucking spot, other than right where you picked em up at. I either want to get the dumbells I need, or drop them off ( and their not usually light ) at the rack, so dont pump out lateral raises, dumbell curls and do whatever, while getting the HD shot in the mirror. Reserve that strip/lane in front of the racks as a pick up and drop off point only!

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 05:28 PM
There was a girl named Cathy at the gym my wife and I went to that just talked and talked and fucking talked the whole time she was there. In the 45-60 minutes that we were there, she would do maybe 2 sets of something minor and that be it. She also wore clothes way too small, and she was fat. We nick-named her Chubby Chatty Cathy.

She sounds hot :)

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 05:32 PM
other

guys sizing me up every walk to the water fountain, staring while they chat and do nada, and thinking 'hes on steroids, thats why', as opposed to all the work iv done in the last 35min vs their set of fkn synchronized lat raises with shit form, then sit on a pair of benches n chat.........
that and the people who ask for advice or when you feel social and give advice, they nod in approval, then immediately go back to their shitty ways, only to ask the same question 4mos later

this fkn *** who thought he was cool with me, finally one day asked me how to grow, i said eat and eat more, he says he does but he has a fast metabolism, mind you his gut protrudes from his sweater and pops out when he does pulldowns, so i tell him if its so fast wheres the abs, he says he eats bad, ding fkn ding.....1yr later he still looks like mouse shit

i get the 'oh you are a vegetarian, you gotta take steroids, so are big'.....my answer 'how old are you? 22? im 32, 10yrs plus more on than not gym eating wise, thats fkn why'......he refuses to accept how meticulous i can be with cals to remain cut and pumped, its a fkn chore finding 300g protein without meat, even on, 6 sets of 15 of 3plates squats isnt easy....oh but his ass is in the shitty leg press cause he heard squats are bad for your fkn legs.....yep, fkn goof

lastly, those fkn cycling shorts the spinning guys use then come lift a little, where their cock n balls migh as well be out

lastly x2.....the cunts who think they are bad and try and out lift you.....i do 45-60lbs for hammers, light really, for reps, so this fkn aids kid starts going heavier, slams em down and stares at me using the mirror.....my arm is 21inches, so he can fkn lift 200lbs for all i care

ill be back with more after i smoke this bat ;)

Lol ahahaha ha. Best response. I think lastly x2 was the highlight. I'd love to hear this rant in person. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I could be just me.. but when you grab your dumbells at the rack- please pick a fucking spot, other than right where you picked em up at. I either want to get the dumbells I need, or drop them off ( and their not usually light ) at the rack, so dont pump out lateral raises, dumbell curls and do whatever, while getting the HD shot in the mirror. Reserve that strip/lane in front of the racks as a pick up and drop off point only!

BRO, you don't see me lifting this heavy weight??? I don't train hips so if I move wrong I might pull something in my groin.

Hehehehe. Usually these guys grunt often if I'm not mistaken.

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 05:34 PM
I really hate when I can't find weight cause its scattered all over the gym. I'm not much for scavenger hunts or picking up after others.

naeydrin
11-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Planet Fitness
People
Fat people who I have seen at the gym for a year and yet there still fat and still walking on the treadmill at -3 miles a hour.
Groups of people having a fucking pow wow in my free weight area.
Teenagers, unless there hot 18yr old girls that dont talk and wear short shorts :cool:

xxiv
11-16-2012, 06:27 PM
cougars bother me the most.

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 06:29 PM
cougars bother me the most.

In which way?

BBG
11-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Small guy has to get big too BBG!!!!! Lol

Psssh. Small guy won't get big with drop sets and forced reps at a weight he can't handle. That's what I mean when I said that.

BBG
11-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Damn D you have some haters up in Canada. Maybe nobody gets their ass kicked hard enough when they act like a prick up there??

DJM
11-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Damn D you have some haters up in Canada. Maybe nobody gets their ass kicked hard enough when they act like a prick up there??

its more me, im very laid back, but fk do i hate alot of shit, alot of people....hate is a strong word, irritate is better, shit just irks me .....probably my biggest fault, perpetually annoyed.....but i prob could make you piss yourself or spit lunch if i went off of someone.....wife couldnt believe some of the shit id say, now shes a protege lol

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Psssh. Small guy won't get big with drop sets and forced reps at a weight he can't handle. That's what I mean when I said that.

Lol.

Mr_math
11-16-2012, 07:00 PM
its more me, im very laid back, but fk do i hate alot of shit, alot of people....hate is a strong word, irritate is better, shit just irks me .....probably my biggest fault, perpetually annoyed.....but i prob could make you piss yourself or spit lunch if i went off of someone.....wife couldnt believe some of the shit id say, now shes a protege lol

Lol. After reading the other post I don't think I'd be too surprised. It would probably be worth pissing my pants for It I bet. Hahaha. Clearly that irritates you :).

All this shit is Annoying but talk about good motivation in the gym, you can't fuck those people up, but you can lift hard and heavy to help ease the annoyance..... Till you drive home lol.

DJM
11-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Lol. After reading the other post I don't think I'd be too surprised. It would probably be worth pissing my pants for It I bet. Hahaha. Clearly that irritates you :).

you should hear the way i talk about family members or neighboors lol

Eden
11-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Probably the biggest things that irritates me is the social club people, or the high-schooler crowd. I cannot stand when there are literally 15-20 people standing in the machine, or free-weight area DOING NOTHING, but talking, and hitting on the hot gym girls. Get the hell out of my way so I can move some weight if you aren't going to. They mess up my set rest times, and then randomly move onto machines/benches to sit down while I'm trying to move weight.

Grape Ape
11-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Glad my gym has a juice/shake bar, so I'm luck not to have to deal with social club on the lifting floor. Just the 5 fucking high school kids all on bench.together.

I really don't mind a little conversation on the floor at all, but can't stand the guys talking accross 2 machines or loud enough for everyone to hear. Usually the same guys talking about how fucked up they were the other night, and how much they are going to drink tonight, while they are lifting.

Eden
11-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Funny thing is my gym also has a juice bar, a pretty big one, I do agree a little talking is fine by me, but when they are all standing there for over 10 minutes talking that's where I start getting irritated.