PDA

View Full Version : Chem company laws

BBG
11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Does anyone have any information pertaining to the laws surrounding research chem companies?

nate3993
11-17-2012, 04:47 PM
what do you mean? it's pretty simple. i know you know what it is. they sell research chems not intended for consumption, and we buy them and research on either our rats or other research animal. that's about it? or did you mean something else

h2s
11-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Does anyone have any information pertaining to the laws surrounding research chem companies?

Yeah my understanding is that as long as no controlled substances are sold (requires DEA license), and you are very strict on not-for-human consumption, you are g2g.

BBG
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
what do you mean? it's pretty simple. i know you know what it is. they sell research chems not intended for consumption, and we buy them and research on either our rats or other research animal. that's about it? or did you mean something else

What I mean is, do they need to hold certain permits that show that they are certified research chemical distributors? Obviously they must be importing controlled substances (research chemicals) from other countries (unless it's American made, doubtful for most). How do they make sure the packages aren't confiscated?

Basically, is it written somewhere that a "research company" may sell "research chemicals, of which these chemicals are classified as research chemicals, letrozole, exemestane, etc.", as long as they are sold for intentions of "research, as defined as..." and not for "human consumption".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah my understanding is that as long as no controlled substances are sold (requires DEA license), and you are very strict on not-for-human consumption, you are g2g.

Interdasting.

h2s
11-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah but anyone considering it would need to have a good and industry experienced lawyer on retainer.

When customs stops things from importation (it happened to MP) that lawyer contacts them concerning the nature of it.

There is still alot to deal with though. Expect fda pressure and bullying. My understanding is random visits are quite common.

BBG
11-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah but anyone considering it would need to have a good and industry experienced lawyer on retainer.

When customs stops things from importation (it happened to MP) that lawyer contacts them concerning the nature of it.

There is still alot to deal with though. Expect fda pressure and bullying. My understanding is random visits are quite common.

I see. If it's that common, I'm surprised anyone can survive in the game, let alone be advertising on facebook and communities where people are clearly consuming the products.

h2s
11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
I see. If it's that common, I'm surprised anyone can survive in the game, let alone be advertising on facebook and communities where people are clearly consuming the products.

In return though, the product can have great ROI. Powders out of china for nearly anything is dirt cheap. Considering they buy in bulk and then sell in relatively small quantities, the ROI makes the funding for road bumps manageable.

BBG
11-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Do they have liability insurance, would you think? I guess they wouldn't NEED it, due to the fact that they are not intended for human consumption?

Grape Ape
11-17-2012, 08:31 PM
I wonder. People do sue over anything. How hard can it be for a lawyer to show a jurry that they advertise on body building forums, directly to people. Forums where they know people are openly consuming there products. Not a good look.

h2s
11-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Do they have liability insurance, would you think? I guess they wouldn't NEED it, due to the fact that they are not intended for human consumption?

They would be retarded not to. The chances of a law suit coming in, no matter how frivolous, is rather high I would assume.

BBG
11-17-2012, 10:55 PM
They would be retarded not to. The chances of a law suit coming in, no matter how frivolous, is rather high I would assume.

And it's not too expensive.

h2s
11-17-2012, 10:59 PM
I wonder. People do sue over anything. How hard can it be for a lawyer to show a jurry that they advertise on body building forums, directly to people. Forums where they know people are openly consuming there products. Not a good look.

Honestly though, their terms would probably cover it. Every time you order RC, you basically have to enter into an agreement that it is for research use only and not human consumption.

Think about sigma aldrich, they can sell you testosterone if you have a DEA license. They are a legitimate research chemical company (as in people use them for reference materials and bio-chemical research,. Now what happens if a doctor from a research lab orders it and injects it...can they be sued? No.

BBG
11-17-2012, 11:54 PM
and GMP I guess wouldn't apply as that's the FDA territory, and research chem companies aren't under FDA law since they are not for human use/consumption.

nate3993
11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
you thinkin bout startin one or what?