PDA

View Full Version : Excruciating shoulder pain

KGPL
06-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Had a relatively normal chest/shoulder/back day. A little bit of everything. Focused mainly on machines this time to mix things up. About two hours after my workout, I went to raise my arm, and I physically couldn't. I got a horrible shooting pain. Popped some advil and let it rest for 24 hours carefully. Woke up today, no change.

Shoulder is in no pain when arm is hanging down by my side or typing/writing. However, I get extreme pain when I go to put a shirt on. I can lift my arm straight up parallel when parallel to my body, but when I bring it above my head, pain starts to kick in. If I bring my arm forward as if I am doing a front raise, I get a little bit of pain. The absolute worst is when I move my arm across my body and try to raise it up. I physically can't, it gets unbearable at this point.

What do I do? I know you guys aren't doctors, but I need some advice.

Cobalt
06-29-2014, 09:48 AM
Let is rest for a couple more days. If it still hurts, so see a doctor.

Its possible you just pulled something and it is giving you a hard time.

KGPL
06-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Let is rest for a couple more days. If it still hurts, so see a doctor.

Its possible you just pulled something and it is giving you a hard time.

Hopefully that's it. It's ironic how I was doing a hammer strength machine day with reasonable amounts of weight and that is what led to this...

I've pulled stuff before and sure, it gives some issues, but this is literally a lack of strength, mobility and the pain, which has me worried.

ExtraZeus
06-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Ice! 20 mins on 20 mins off, repeat.

KGPL
06-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Ice! 20 mins on 20 mins off, repeat.

Never been a believer in icing, but hey, why not. I'm open to anything right now.

Considering 100mcg ipamorelin e/d to heal up all of my injuries gradually. Tendinitis, elbow pain (compound fracture, has always been ehhh since surgery), and now the shoulder issue. Is this worth a shot or just a waste of time/money?

Cobalt
06-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Never been a believer in icing, but hey, why not. I'm open to anything right now.

Considering 100mcg ipamorelin e/d to heal up all of my injuries gradually. Tendinitis, elbow pain (compound fracture, has always been ehhh since surgery), and now the shoulder issue. Is this worth a shot or just a waste of time/money?

Answer in bold.

weekend
06-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Is the pain dull or sharp?

Sounds like impingement to me

KGPL
06-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Is the pain dull or sharp?

Sounds like impingement to me

Extremely sharp. After a quick search, looks like it might indeed be an impingement.

BoneDaddy
06-29-2014, 01:10 PM
That sucks man, if it is impingement the only non surgical options you have is lots of rest, NSAIDS, PT, and maybe a cortisone shot. Rest and cortisone shot in the affected area is what did the trick on mine many years ago. Fingers crossed some of those fix it for you!

KGPL
06-29-2014, 01:13 PM
That sucks man, if it is impingement the only non surgical options you have is lots of rest, NSAIDS, PT, and maybe a cortisone shot. Rest and cortisone shot in the affected area is what did the trick on mine many years ago. Fingers crossed some of those fix it for you!

Appreciate the advice. I'll probably just get the cortisone shot, rest it, and slowly work mobility back in. We'll see how this pans out over the next few days, hopefully it's just a strain.

Surgery isn't an option for me now.

BoneDaddy
06-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Appreciate the advice. I'll probably just get the cortisone shot, rest it, and slowly work mobility back in. We'll see how this pans out over the next few days, hopefully it's just a strain.

Surgery isn't an option for me now.

Good, surgery should ALWAYS be the last resort. Hope the shot and rest helps bro!

SoCal-Nutrition
06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
from my experience: search for a good ART Practitioner in your area. here in San Diego, I see Dr. Mike Kuoppamaki and Dr. Sean Higgins.

I've been amazed at the issues they've been able to resolve...some that I thought were serious issues, they resolved in one sitting.

I can't say this will do it for you, but I've had shoulder issues, psoaz, and countless other injuries they've addressed...many of which I thought were serious.

also, if you're haunted by tendonitis...you really should try Joint Rebuild (http://socal-nutrition.com/prescription-nutrition/rx-joint-rebuild) or Achilles (http://socal-nutrition.com/Antaeus-Labs/Antaeus-Labs-Achilles)...life changing!

KGPL
06-29-2014, 02:56 PM
from my experience: search for a good ART Practitioner in your area. here in San Diego, I see Dr. Mike Kuoppamaki and Dr. Sean Higgins.

I've been amazed at the issues they've been able to resolve...some that I thought were serious issues, they resolved in one sitting.

I can't say this will do it for you, but I've had shoulder issues, psoaz, and countless other injuries they've addressed...many of which I thought were serious.

also, if you're haunted by tendonitis...you really should try Joint Rebuild (http://socal-nutrition.com/prescription-nutrition/rx-joint-rebuild) or Achilles (http://socal-nutrition.com/Antaeus-Labs/Antaeus-Labs-Achilles)...life changing!

My mom actually has quite a few physical therapist friends that have over 40 years of experience. Should be a good place for me to start with them.

I'll check out those supps, I've been meaning to try something out other than just fish oils.

BoneDaddy
06-29-2014, 03:14 PM

Ahhhh, how could I forget about ART?? Great call So-Cal!

Would you recommend 1 over the other. I suffer from serious bicep tendonitis.....

KGPL
06-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Ahhhh, how could I forget about ART?? Great call So-Cal!

Would you recommend 1 over the other. I suffer from serious bicep tendonitis.....

I'm actually wondering the same thing right now, will definitely place an order for one or the other.

BoneDaddy
06-29-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm actually wondering the same thing right now, will definitely place an order for one or the other.

Me too, tonight actually.

SoCal-Nutrition
06-29-2014, 04:46 PM
personally, I love Achilles! I have not used Joint rebuild yet though...can't comment on it's efficacy.

BoneDaddy
06-29-2014, 04:52 PM
personally, I love Achilles! I have not used Joint rebuild yet though...can't comment on it's efficacy.

Thanks, on my way!

KGPL
06-29-2014, 07:17 PM
I'll place my order for it soon!

Looks like I'll be good friends with cardio, hamstring curls, leg presses, calf presses, and leg extensions for the next week though....

KGPL
06-30-2014, 04:28 PM
I decided to train through the pain a bit.

By training through the pain, I mean doing about a hundred sets on hack squats with no hands, high rep leg extensions, and slow/high rep hamstring curls.

Same thing for tomorrow.

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 04:56 PM
I decided to train through the pain a bit.

By training through the pain, I mean doing about a hundred sets on hack squats with no hands, high rep leg extensions, and slow/high rep hamstring curls.

Same thing for tomorrow.

You stud you.........

KGPL
06-30-2014, 05:27 PM
You stud you.........

Hey, I mean it was a nice day out. Skies out thighs out?

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Hey, I mean it was a nice day out. Skies out thighs out?

I like where your head's at....

KGPL
06-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Well I'm desperate here. I will 100% go insane if I can't go to the gym, so I think legs every day is a good way to make me force myself to take a few days off.

Rodja
06-30-2014, 06:49 PM
This sounds like a classic impingement of the biceps tendon. You'll likely need to cease all presses/internal rotator work (this includes pull-ups, pulldowns, and pullovers) for at least a week while also making sure to stretch out the pec major/minor, lats, and long head of the triceps. Throw in multiple varieties of external rotations to strengthen the RC as well.

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Funny how 1 muscle can screw up a whole process. My bicep tendonitis is the distal tendon at the forearm. I ordered some Achilles last night from So-Cal also. You still going to grab some?

KGPL
06-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Funny how 1 muscle can screw up a whole process. My bicep tendonitis is the distal tendon at the forearm. I ordered some Achilles last night from So-Cal also. You still going to grab some?

Yeah. I've been meaning to order it since yesterday. I was looking at some adidas adipowers as well. Somehow the adipowers made it into the cart/checkout, but the achilles didn't? Funny how that works, the stuff I actually need gets put on the backburner.

I'll start foam rolling everything again. I felt better when I did it multiple times a day.

Does your tendinitis flare up during barbell/ez bar curls?

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah. I've been meaning to order it since yesterday. I was looking at some adidas adipowers as well. Somehow the adipowers made it into the cart/checkout, but the achilles didn't? Funny how that works, the stuff I actually need gets put on the backburner.

I'll start foam rolling everything again. I felt better when I did it multiple times a day.

Does your tendinitis flare up during barbell/ez bar curls?

Any kind of curls except hammer curls are the worst. Any heavy weight is out of the question with curls.

KGPL
06-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Any kind of curls except hammer curls are the worst. Any heavy weight is out of the question with curls.

Exact same as me. I can't even get a bicep pump because of it :(

I might just get animal flex as I can get it just 5 minutes down the road from me.

Rodja
06-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Exact same as me. I can't even get a bicep pump because of it :(

I might just get animal flex as I can get it just 5 minutes down the road from me.

Joint supplements do little to alleviate impingements, especially if it's to the point where's it altered innervation.

KGPL
07-02-2014, 08:30 AM
After lots of anti inflammatories, icing, and some daily mobility work after heated, I have mobility back. I still get some pain in certain areas though. General lack of strength, but that will come back as long as I take it easy for now.

The good news is, it doesn't feel like it's deep in the shoulder. Looking at a diagram, it appears to be near the acriomion or bursa. That's the pain is located and it even feels slightly tender to the touch there.

BoneDaddy
07-02-2014, 08:41 AM
I had severe pain in my acromion about 9 years ago and it just wouldn't go away. Doc stuck a needle in it, filled it with cortisone and poof.....it never bothered me again.

KGPL
07-02-2014, 08:48 AM
I had severe pain in my acromion about 9 years ago and it just wouldn't go away. Doc stuck a needle in it, filled it with cortisone and poof.....it never bothered me again.

I'll give it a couple more days. I'm young, recovery is happening surprisingly fast considering how I felt the first day. I would literally cringe any time I moved my arm.

KGPL
07-02-2014, 05:51 PM
A PT showed me how to use kt tape today. I'll use that and give it a go on regular squats tomorrow.

EDIT

with kt tape on, absolutely no pain and I have mobility. Amazing stuff if you ask me. Still have to be careful though.

KGPL
07-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I didn't even think of this before, but could it be related to low estrogen levels? I'm keeping the levels low to keep gyno away, and by the time the supps took would have effect is the exact same time that I started getting the pain.

KGPL
07-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Hit some chest today. Definitely progress, but still not back in full swing. Started taking joint supps a few days ago so we'll see if those help at all.

I'm planning on some experimentation with tb500 as well to fix my nagging injuries. Anyone have experience with it?

BoneDaddy
07-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I didn't even think of this before, but could it be related to low estrogen levels? I'm keeping the levels low to keep gyno away, and by the time the supps took would have effect is the exact same time that I started getting the pain. Sorry I'm just seeing this, but I wouldn't rule out low estrogen levels being a factor. Have you tried toying with the dosage of your AI?

Hit some chest today. Definitely progress, but still not back in full swing. Started taking joint supps a few days ago so we'll see if those help at all.

I'm planning on some experimentation with tb500 as well to fix my nagging injuries. Anyone have experience with it?

TB500 was/is on my list. I opted for the cheaper route with peptides. I noticed a marked improvement with them, using Ipam and Mod.

adamshan
01-22-2019, 12:44 AM
Once in a while bear torment is the consequence of damage to another area in your body, for the most part the neck or bicep. This is known as alluded torment. Alluded torment for the most part doesn't deteriorate when you move your shoulder. Different reasons for shoulder torment incorporate a few types of joint pain, torn ligament, or a torn rotator sleeve (https://www.cashyourskills.com).

PhilipGem
02-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Once in a while you'll discover something awesome like these rangefinders for hunting (https://www.villagevoice.com/best-rangefinders-for-hunting/) and bear torment is the consequence of damage to another area in your body, for the most part the neck or bicep. This is known as alluded torment. Alluded torment for the most part doesn't deteriorate when you move your shoulder. Different reasons for shoulder torment incorporate a few types of joint pain, torn ligament, or a torn rotator sleeve (https://www.cashyourskills.com).

Man, this is my worst nightmare. I'm going through a shoulder injury recovery right now. The injury wasn't bad and the recovery is going great, but shoulders are my biggest worry.

Oliverpeter
05-05-2023, 12:27 AM
Are you prepared to take your Instagram marketing plan to new heights? The comprehensive eBook from Ascend Viral is the place to start! This eBook will give you the tools you need to make the most of Instagram's full potential for your business by providing you with invaluable insights, practical advice, and effective ways to earn money. Find how to make charming substance, advance your profile, naturally develop your supporters, ace hashtag use, and considerably more! Download right away to boost your Instagram marketing and experience unprecedented success. Overhaul your Instagram game with Rise Viral's digital book! Join today and get half off and acquire the strategic advantage: Instagram Domination | Best Instagram Marketing Guide - Ascend Viral I (https://www.ascendviral.com/dominate/ig/7633)