PDA

View Full Version : Clothes Shopping?

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 05:25 AM
SO I've always wanted to ask this, but just haven't ever gotten around to it. Is it hard for you guys to buy normal off the rack stuff when it comes to shirts, too? My shoulders are too damn wide and my back is too damn thick for most regular shirts, and with this modern fit bullshit that seems to be in, it's generally a lost cause. Most of the cool stuff seems to be made for the anorexic metrosexual bitches who don't lift. Do you guys have any online sites for us thick and wide guys or particular stores that seem to work for you?

hossam
06-30-2014, 07:57 AM
very interested as well

KGPL
06-30-2014, 08:36 AM
I'm the same way :(

Arms too big for sleeves, back to wide, etc. I always have to size up and then I ask myself if I even lift sometimes...

ryhigh
06-30-2014, 08:45 AM
I can't by online for those reasons being tall has it's draw backs lol. Getting my suits tailored isn't fun either, they discriminate against tall or swole folk haha

Cookie monsters iPhone

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 08:54 AM
See, that's another thing, when I size up to an XXL, it's doesn't fit like it should, hangs a little too much and I just look bulky. I could wear an XL and have it look guido, but I'm not a Jersey boy, so......meh

KAB111
06-30-2014, 10:57 AM
If it is listed as fitted, Im an XXL. If its athletic cut, XXL. If it doesnt say, I go XL and roll the dice. We dont have a ton of retailers here so I usually order online with someone that has a good return policy. Jeans...... Gotta try them, usually thighs are tight and waste is huge.

longBallLima
06-30-2014, 02:08 PM
finding dress shirts for me has been an impossible task. i have no suit that fits me. if at any point i absolutely need one, i'll have to have it tailored.

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Button up shirts are the worst for me!

KAB111
06-30-2014, 04:14 PM

Same here. As a matter of fact I refuse to wear them to work like Im supposed to. Polos is it for me. Ive found a couple brands I like and that fit. Button ups eother look like it was painted on or like Im wearing a sleeping bag. Not paying the money to cover this hard work up.

ironjulius
06-30-2014, 04:34 PM

having to walk around all stiff and shit so you dont bust out lol if i wear a button up its because i didnt train upper body the day before

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, Thomas Dean makes some button ups that seem to work for me, even o the cuts that I have to go up. That's the only brand that comes to mind at the moment.

SoCal-Nutrition
06-30-2014, 05:40 PM
short sleeve button up:

Zagiri...stylish and the cut is good for my build and it's very hard for me to find shirts my arms will fit in.
Bugatchi

polo:

Michael Kors
Robert Barakett

Long Sleeve:

Robert Graham
Bugatchi Uomo (slim/athletic cut) - though, I did have to have the waist taken in on a couple
english laundry

BoneDaddy
06-30-2014, 07:02 PM
short sleeve button up:

Zagiri...stylish and the cut is good for my build and it's very hard for me to find shirts my arms will fit in.
Bugatchi

polo:

Michael Kors
Robert Barakett

Long Sleeve:

Robert Graham
Bugatchi Uomo (slim/athletic cut) - though, I did have to have the waist taken in on a couple
english laundry

Where you getting those brands? English Laundry and Kors I can easily find, not sure about the others yet....

Nevermind, I see Nordstoms has Bugatcho and Zagiri. You and I have similar taste.

Hank!
07-01-2014, 10:35 AM
B-Diddy

get your big ass over to Dillards and check out their Big and Tall section.

I am 6-3 240 or so ; not as swole as you other fvks but bigger than avg. I have had great luck with 1XT, and 2XT in Round Tree and York Gold label shirts. no problem with my 36-37 inch sleeve length and they are almost fitted in my torso.

Also short sleeve polo style check out the Southern Tide shirts..fit well, wear well and wash well.

Also FWIW i am better looking than all of you.

BoneDaddy
07-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Also FWIW i am better looking than all of you.

Maybe......but I have a 9 inch penis. Trump card.

Hank!
07-01-2014, 11:04 AM
IF i hit the like button you may get the wrong idea

BoneDaddy
07-01-2014, 11:44 AM
IF i hit the like button you may get the wrong idea

Hiding the fact that you want to hit the like button gives me other ideas. lol

SoCal-Nutrition
07-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Where you getting those brands? English Laundry and Kors I can easily find, not sure about the others yet....

Nevermind, I see Nordstoms has Bugatcho and Zagiri. You and I have similar taste.

saving you all by bringing this back to clothes :p

I get the majority of my shirts at Nordstroms...Although, they did not have the zagiri short sleeves this season

BoneDaddy
07-01-2014, 12:03 PM
saving you all by bringing this back to clothes :p

I get the majority of my shirts at Nordstroms...Although, they did not have the zagiri short sleeves this season

Thank you! lol

Hitting Nordstroms later this week, liked what I saw online though. A lot of those I could wear on stage as well, so bonus!

O_RYAN_007
07-01-2014, 02:41 PM
short sleeve button up:

Bugatchi

polo:

Michael Kors
Robert Barakett

Long Sleeve:

Robert Graham
english laundry

I agree with all these brands. Nordstrum's store: The Rack has them at a reasonable price, but if you have access to a nice Burlington Coat Factory, you will be surprised at the amazing deals and good brands they have. I pretty much buy all my work clothes, suits, regular Ts, nice button ups etc; there. I have a really nice BCF a few mins from my house, that's not a good thing. My wife and I usually shop for a couple hours at a time there alone. But I can go in there and buy clothes that will last me forever and quite a good bit of clothes and quality for about $250. Tons of clothes, some button ups are $12-14! They carry Calvin Klein, Robert Graham, Penguin, DKNY, Buffalo, and tons of other similar brands.

Hank!
07-01-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree with all these brands. Nordstrum's store: The Rack has them at a reasonable price, but if you have access to a nice Burlington Coat Factory, you will be surprised at the amazing deals and good brands they have. I pretty much buy all my work clothes, suits, regular Ts, nice button ups etc; there. I have a really nice BCF a few mins from my house, that's not a good thing. My wife and I usually shop for a couple hours at a time there alone. But I can go in there and buy clothes that will last me forever and quite a good bit of clothes and quality for about $250. Tons of clothes, some button ups are $12-14! They carry Calvin Klein, Robert Graham, Penguin, DKNY, Buffalo, and tons of other similar brands.

I have purchased sport coats , suits and jeans from Burlington. When Affliction was popular BCF had tons of their stuff at very good prices i had a buddy who would buy it from BCF and sell it on EBAY.