PDA

View Full Version : Pramipexole got rid of my elbow pain

BBG
07-10-2014, 07:51 PM
I had severe elbow pain while doing curls (and some other movements). At one point I was barely able to do 20s for 12 reps. If I laid off bicep curls, I could come back for a session and do 25s for a little while. Then I was back to having horrible pain.

2 weeks on prami has basically cured the elbow pain. It's the only change I've made.

I'm back up to using 50s for DBs and I feel almost no pain/discomfort.

lt1head
07-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Anogenin let me squat for the first time in a year. Not sure if it's just the nature of laxogenin as an anabolic agent, or if it's my cortisol being lower on it.

Both cortisol and prolactin are inflammatory if high, so getting those under control could reduce joint inflammation and let the joint heal. That is assuming it's just inflammation of some sort causing the pain.

Anogenin was the only thing that changed suppwise, don't know what else to attribute the repair to.

ironjulius
07-10-2014, 11:08 PM
My knees having been killing me the past 3 months. I was thinking it was because of my last epi cycle but im going to check more into it. I do like having a good excuse for not doing squats tho

KGPL
07-11-2014, 05:29 AM
What did your dosing look like? Any sides?

BBG
07-11-2014, 05:42 AM
My knees having been killing me the past 3 months. I was thinking it was because of my last epi cycle but im going to check more into it. I do like having a good excuse for not doing squats tho

In my case I absolutely tore something my back (bruising) and as I rehabbed the injury, eventually my elbow was the last spot to have pain.

BBG
07-11-2014, 05:44 AM
What did your dosing look like? Any sides?

100% you need to ramp up doses. Started at. 25mg and worked up to 1ml after 2 weeks. Sides can include nausea (if you ramp up too fast), fantasizing about sex/random erections, drowsiness but also insomnia.

BoneDaddy
07-11-2014, 06:32 AM
100% you need to ramp up doses. Started at. 25mg and worked up to 1ml after 2 weeks. Sides can include nausea (if you ramp up too fast), fantasizing about sex/random erections, drowsiness but also insomnia.

That's a side of breathing for me.....

What sort of elbow pain/injury was it, BBG?

KGPL
07-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Any idea as to what caused the healing to take place? I'm trying to figure out the specifics behind it, seems like the closest thing is the potential GH releasing abilities of prami.

GYMnTONIC.com
07-11-2014, 09:07 AM
**Edit wrong post**

BBG
07-11-2014, 11:52 AM
That's a side of breathing for me.....

It gets bad though, I sat in my car for 10 minutes, late for class, talking down a boner. And then I got to class and all I could think about was that there were women within 10 feet of me. And how I needed to not get an erection in class...

What sort of elbow pain/injury was it, BBG?

I threw a frisbee and felt a tear in the back of my right shoulder, a little low like on the lat. Never had it diagnosed. Horribly painful. Couldn't throw a disc for weeks, let alone even run due to the movement. Had to back off on weight lifting for a week, then I was back in doing rehab stuff (rotator cuff work, etc.) I couldn't do a SINGLE pull-up. That's coming off of 45lb pull-ups for 6-10 reps.

Elbow pain was just a side effect, it's the same side of the body that the injury occurred on. Never had anything like it so I assume it was related or happened at the same time.

Any kind of curling was excruciating.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea as to what caused the healing to take place? I'm trying to figure out the specifics behind it, seems like the closest thing is the potential GH releasing abilities of prami.

It's not just potential GH releasing... it is definite GH releasing.

Neuroendocrine and side effect profile of pramipexole, a new dopamine receptor agonist, in humans.

The effects and tolerability of pramipexole, a new dopamine D2-receptor agonist, on prolactin, human growth hormone, thyrotropin, cortisol, and corticotropin levels were investigated in a randomized, double-blind, crossover study in 12 healthy volunteers. Single oral doses of 0.1, 0.2, and 0.3 mg pramipexole and placebo were studied over a period of 24 hours. Pramipexole decreased serum prolactin levels in a dose-dependent manner, with a maximum effect after 2 to 4 hours. Serum levels of human growth hormone were dose-dependently increased; however, this effect was only significant 2 hours after drug administration. Furthermore, a slight increase in serum cortisol levels and a slight decrease in serum thyrotropin levels was observed. Our findings show for the first time pharmacodynamic effects of pramipexole after single oral doses in healthy volunteers. The compound was well tolerated and showed an endocrine profile similar to other dopamine D2-agonists.

KGPL
07-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Did you dose before bed? I'll try it out tonight with .25ml :D

Not gonna lie. I'm a little worried here. My age+melanotan 2+prami+being on cycle might make for awkward situations.

BBG
07-11-2014, 01:33 PM
No I dose first thing in the morning to avoid any potential insomnia problems. And I am fasted in the mornings so the GH should work pretty well in that time period.

KGPL
07-11-2014, 01:38 PM
^ I've seen it go both ways with logs. Some people get knocked out, others have insomnia.

BBG
07-11-2014, 04:27 PM
^ I've seen it go both ways with logs. Some people get knocked out, others have insomnia.

It does both though for most. It's like, you're crazy tired from the prami, but you can't sleep because of the prami. So I just dose early to avoid that... I'd rather be tired earlier in the day and just drink some coffee than be caught in fucking purgatory while trying to sleep.

necropuppy
07-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Interesting. Stuff. I just ordered prami for two reasons the GH release factor and cause ERS is out of caber. Lol. I have a nagging rotator cuff issue, I got some hope. Prob going to try tb500 next.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KGPL
07-16-2014, 07:44 PM
A week in and I have a night and day difference with my shoulder. Could be mental, who knows. I couldn't even do any sort of pressing then. Grabbed 100's pain free on incline yesterday.

BoneDaddy
07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
A week in and I have a night and day difference with my shoulder. Could be mental, who knows. I couldn't even do any sort of pressing then. Grabbed 100's pain free on incline yesterday.

God damnit!! I JUST got some caber and NOW you fuckers are going to make me double up with a Prami order............

KGPL
07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
God damnit!! I JUST got some caber and NOW you fuckers are going to make me double up with a Prami order............

Haha. In all fairness, I think it's too early for it to be the prami. Perhaps it's helping, but I also started animal flex+megadosing fish oil before then. Along with lots of anti inflammatory meds at night and icing three times a day.

BBG
07-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Haha. In all fairness, I think it's too early for it to be the prami. Perhaps it's helping, but I also started animal flex+megadosing fish oil before then. Along with lots of anti inflammatory meds at night and icing three times a day.

I think someone mentioned it in this thread, but prolactin is inflammatory so the prami is sort of a (rhyme incoming) double whammy when it comes to injury healing. GH+anti-inflammatory.

BTW, I decided to take prami at night now. It's working for my sleep. I'm up to 1.25mg and it gives me ~6 hours of sleep before I jolt awake. When the pramipexole blood levels drop, adrenaline and some other hormones increase... that's why it's known to wake people up in the middle of the night. So you need to dose it high enough to let blood levels remain high enough long enough to sleep.

KGPL
07-17-2014, 12:43 PM
^ I'm literally passing out shortly after I take it. I have to wake up early for classes so I'm in bed by 11-11:30. That+melanotan 2 gives me great sleeps. I'm up at about 6 feeling refreshed and not groggy or anything.

necropuppy
07-17-2014, 03:05 PM
I just got my prami in, I started at . 25 ml (1mg/ml). What one people suggest is an appropriate dosage increase time table?

KGPL
07-17-2014, 03:07 PM
I just got my prami in, I started at . 25 ml (1mg/ml). What one people suggest is an appropriate dosage increase time table?

Haven't done much in the way of research behind this, but I take .2 ml right when I wake up, .1ml in the late afternoon, and .5 before bed. I just started doing this though.

I would say if you don't experience sides, ramp it up at .1ml every other day? Peak out at 1ml.

BBG
07-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Ramp up eod or e3d.

KGPL
07-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Ugggg randomly got hit with insomnia the last two nights. It's rough...

necropuppy
07-20-2014, 05:06 AM
Ugggg randomly got hit with insomnia the last two nights. It's rough...

I'm not getting the insomnia, but I am getting up every hr. And I just woke up not exhausted, but feeling off. I am going to try a morning dose after I get back from the gym. Hopefully it's not going to fuck up my day, but at least it's a weekend, so I can judge whether it's worth it do it on a work day.

KGPL
07-20-2014, 05:17 AM
Is there any benefit if we split the dosing throughout the day instead? Instead of just 1-2 times a day, how about 4 or so? I had great sleep on it before, but ever since I upped the dose I feel "off" and can't sleep right. Wake up hungover feeling, not exhausted or anything, just kind of an upset stomach and having no desire to eat/do anything.

necropuppy
07-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Is there any benefit if we split the dosing throughout the day instead? Instead of just 1-2 times a day, how about 4 or so? I had great sleep on it before, but ever since I upped the dose I feel "off" and can't sleep right. Wake up hungover feeling, not exhausted or anything, just kind of an upset stomach and having no desire to eat/do anything.

That actually describes how I feel exactly. Not sure of the half-life of it. But BBG said that 1.25 ml lasted him overnight. Maybe dosing frequently will help, but you're still asleep for 8 hrs that's plenty of time for it to drop down.... I dunno if this doesn't get better, I'm going to have to find some caber.

KGPL
07-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Found the best dosing for me in regards to prolactin levels and sleep. .1ml first thing in the morning, .1ml afternoon, and .5ml 1 hour before bed.

Pop a benedryl about 30 minutes before sleeping and you will be OUT.

BBG
05-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Elbow was hurting a little again... Started prami and it went away. I didn't connect the two until I saw this thread again.

KGPL
05-06-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm actually about to try this again. Came off prami for a while. Seemed to eff with my sex drive when I came off, but it all recovered.