PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Training

WonderLiz
07-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to this forum and thought I'd share a bit about my training, as I'm getting ready to compete in my first show on October 4th, 2014!
I'll try to make as many posts on my diet as well, but eating is very difficult for me. Not that I have any kind of disorder (I LOVE FOOD!!!), it's just that all this training is messing with my appetite. I'll also be posting a list of my supplements :)

This post is meant for those looking for ideas on training. I'm also open to receive feedback from anyone on what else I can do. I AM NOT A CERTIFIED TRAINER. These exercises are what work for me but everyone's body is different and responds differently.

I'll start off by saying that it is not an easy journey to be on, but I still enjoy every second of it. I've been dieting and working out consistently for the past five months or so. I was originally going to compete on August 16th but decided I needed more time to perfect my body so that I was happy with it. I am, after all, my own worst critic. However, with the help of my gym partner/ coach, Miles, I'm seeing progress every day.

I guess I'll start off with what I trained yesterday, 7/15,14. Yesterday was chest day and it was pretty light. We (Miles and I) started off with some dumbbell presses. My first set was a warm-up set with 15lb dumbbells (this is a very light weight for me so I did 20 reps), second set I bumped the weight up to 20lbs and did 15 reps, third set moved up again to 25lbs, again doing 15 reps, and finally finished off the sets with 30lbs for 12 reps.

Next we did some floor presses using a smith machine. With my body flat on the ground, I started with a 10lb plate on each side for 15 reps, second set I pressed with 20lbs on each side for 15, and finished with a 25lbs on each side for another 15 reps.

Third exercise we did a tri-set of upper/middle/lower cable flys for three sets (I performed this exercise with the weight set at 20lbs).

Fourth exercise was incline chest flys with 15lbs, four sets of 15 reps.

And lastly we finished up with four sets of face pulls at 20lbs, super set with lat pull downs at 60lbs.

HIXX504
07-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoneDaddy
07-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Welcome aboard, Liz! Glad to have you!!

Who's Miles? Is he a member here or just....Miles?

BBG
07-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Do you find your training differs a lot from training a guy might do? I constantly tell girls they need to concentrate on the core lifts, keep increasing weights, etc...

Why don't girls want to lift no heavy ass weights?!

Bucks
07-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Welcome to SS family !

Looking forward to your contest prep.

SoCal-Nutrition
07-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Liz, Glad to see your first post!

Miles is a friend from our gym, he competed in his first BB Competition in May and has great promise...been trying to get him on here too.

Eden
07-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Good to have you. I'll add advice when I see the opportunity. Till then welcome and enjoy your stay.

VayneZ
07-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Welcome. Will be following as well.

WonderLiz
07-29-2014, 03:31 AM
Hey guys sorry for the late responses! Hectic, hectic schedule! So for BBG, I train with a guy so I don't feel my training differs too much. Obviously I'm not lifting super heavy but I am training to increase my strength as well as putting on some size. I totally agree that girls should increase weights. If you don't increase weight or even fail to modify any lifts, you won't see change! Nothing is sexier than a girl who lifts!

BoneDaddy
07-29-2014, 04:56 AM
Hey guys sorry for the late responses! Hectic, hectic schedule! So for BBG, I train with a guy so I don't feel my training differs too much. Obviously I'm not lifting super heavy but I am training to increase my strength as well as putting on some size. I totally agree that girls should increase weights. If you don't increase weight or even fail to modify any lifts, you won't see change! Nothing is sexier than a girl who lifts!

Amen! I think I love you already....

WonderLiz
07-29-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm super new to all of this guys so bare with me on my posts and answering questions!

Bucks
07-29-2014, 01:42 PM
I think it's awesome when a girl lifts! It tells me to stop bitching that I'm tired and old, and put more weight on the bar if she's doing it.

WonderLiz
07-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Atta boy! @Bucks

WonderLiz
07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Women can be just as competitive as men, if not more! Look out boys!

BBG
07-29-2014, 03:10 PM

Awesome answer! I wish more women who worked out had this mentality.

WonderLiz
07-29-2014, 03:31 PM
BBG, is your signature inspired by Steve Austin's 'What' video?

BBG
07-29-2014, 04:46 PM
BBG, is your signature inspired by Steve Austin's 'What' video?

haha Nope, just a random signature. A good video though.