PDA

View Full Version : Typical Tuesday

WonderLiz
07-30-2014, 12:14 AM
So after waking up, I start my day off by taking my fat burner. I like to mix it up between Omega Sports Burn 24 and Lecheek Nutrition Oxy ECA Black, just so my body doesn't get used to any particular one. Today I took Burn 24.

While my fat burner is kicking in, I start making my breakfast. I pretty much eat the same things every day just because it's easier for me. I always have 1/2 cup uncooked oats and 1/2 cup of egg whites. I like to add a tbsp of smuckers sugar free jelly for some flavor and less than a tsp of honey for some sweetness. Some of you might think 'why not just add regular jelly?' Well regular jelly has artificial sweeteners, where as honey is a natural sweetener and is better for you. Once in a while, when I'm feeling frisky, I'll add a tbsp of Jif Whips peanut butter. Tastes just like a PB&J... Go figure!

Eating anything in general is hard for me. I think I mentioned that in my last post as well. I'll average at about 4 meals a day but I should be eating 5-6. So needless to say, Miles (my coach and gym partner) is not too happy with me lol.

Side note: fat free ranch is an abomination!!!!!

Snack today consisted of 1/2 cup lean ground turkey.

Just an FYI, I do most of my shopping at Von's and Costco. I rarely go to Albertson's just because of pricing. When I do go, it's mainly for Bragg's liquid aminos.

For dinner I had a fillet of tilapia and a cup of broccoli.

Unfortunately my diet calls for a lot of bland foods so I try to season and marinade as much as possible, only using low sodium and/or fat free products.

Now for the good stuff :)
Today was back day at the gym and I went pretty heavy, well heavier than I usually do.

Another side note, I don't usually take a preworkout before the gym because again, I don't want my body to become reliant. But when I do take preworkout (mostly on days when I feel like crap and need the extra kick), I take Pro Supps Mr. Hyde. Raspberry lemonade is the best flavor!

Okay anyways... Back to the good stuff.

Low hammer strength rows
Warm up: 10x15
1st set: 25x15
2nd set: 35x15
3rd set: 45x15

Close grip seated cable rows
1st set: 60x15
2nd set: 67.5x15
3rd set: 75x12
4th set: 90x8

Rope pull overs
1st set: 17.5x15
2nd set: 22.5x15
3rd set: 27.5x15
4th set: 32.5x15

Dual cable lat pull downs using individual handles
1st set: 45x15
2nd set: 60x15
3rd set: 67.5x15
4th set: 75x15

Lower back hyper extensions
3 sets 25x12

Reverse wide grip lat pull downs
1st set: 60x15
2nd set: 75x15
3rd set: 90x8

We shall see how sore I am tomorrow and the day after. If I'm not I'll be pretty disappointed!! So now that I'm home, I was able to enjoy my post workout snack of 2 salt free rice cakes with that Jif whip peanut butter and sugar free jelly :) I would usually have a protein shake but I'm out of protein powder. I like to use optimum nutrition told standard whey.

Okay that's enough for today, goodnight all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoneDaddy
07-30-2014, 04:53 AM
That PB&J tasting breakfast sounds awesome.

BBG
07-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Yeah girl Mr Hyde is amazing! Top of my pre-workout list. Can't take it anymore because I workout late, but it always got me going. I like creatine hcl as well and it has a good bit in there.

O_RYAN_007
07-30-2014, 08:18 AM
Sugar free jelly is loaded with artificial sweetners. Get some stevia, or agave nectar.

WonderLiz
07-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Thank you O_RYAN_007!

O_RYAN_007
07-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Thank you O_RYAN_007!

This is real good stuff, and there is no BS in it. 1 tbsp only have 9 g of sugars.

St. Dalfour All Natural Fruit Spread Red Raspberry and Pomegranate -- 10 oz - Vitacost
(http://www.vitacost.com/st-dalfour-all-natural-fruit-spread-red-raspberry-and-pomegranate-10-oz-1)

It goes great on Ezekiel toast! I got tired of oats.

What time do you train?

WonderLiz
07-30-2014, 10:04 AM
I usually train in the evening around 7:30. So I can only get that online?

O_RYAN_007
07-30-2014, 01:32 PM
I usually train in the evening around 7:30. So I can only get that online?

I'm sure Whole Foods carries it, but Vitacost stuff get to me in TX in around 3-5 business days. They ship out of LV I believe so it should get to you sooner.

WonderLiz
07-30-2014, 04:22 PM
I checked it out and I'm not too excited about the amount of calories in it. Even though it's all natural sugar :-/

AttackonHill
07-30-2014, 10:09 PM
When it comes to artificial sweeteners, some people still get insulin/blood sugar problems from them. Varies from person to person, though.

Nice back workout.

O_RYAN_007
07-31-2014, 07:34 AM
I'd just stick with honey or agave nectar.

O_RYAN_007
08-01-2014, 08:19 AM
What Sweeteners are Healthy? - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttjpJP23nc&index=28&list=PLE0E2589C464776B4)

Good watch here Liz, make sure your honey is local RAW honey. Farmer's Markets around the US sell it.

WonderLiz
08-01-2014, 12:18 PM
That's an awesome video! There's a farmers market every Saturday near me so I'll have to swing by.

O_RYAN_007
08-01-2014, 01:43 PM
That's an awesome video! There's a farmers market every Saturday near me so I'll have to swing by.

I have really bad allergies, and I heard from a couple people that eating raw local honey will help with the allergies... I'll stand up and tell you that it definitely works!!

SoCal-Nutrition
08-02-2014, 02:14 AM
I switched to using organic local honey for most of my sweeteners.

I've really been "trying" to get away from artificial sweeteners as much as possible.

Bucks
08-02-2014, 09:38 AM
I have really bad allergies, and I heard from a couple people that eating raw local honey will help with the allergies... I'll stand up and tell you that it definitely works!!

I've tried doing the same thing for about 10 yrs. The closer it's made to your house the better because it's made with the exact pollen your breathing every day.

ironjulius
08-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I've tried doing the same thing for about 10 yrs. The closer it's made to your house the better because it's made with the exact pollen your breathing every day.

a local guy i knew has been hooking me up the past couple of years but he moved and i checked out the prices last week at the local drug store and it was twice what he was charging me. i have been out for the past 2 months and it has taken a toll on my health, my allergies have been causing so much trouble and i fatigue more during the day so yeah if you have bad allergies its definitely helps but has many other benefits as well plus it taste great

SoCal-Nutrition
08-02-2014, 04:40 PM
yeah, honey isn't cheap. but, if you go to farmers markets, you'll probably find the best deal.