PDA

View Full Version : Do you use lotion?

Mr_math
11-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Any of you guys use lotion? My hands are royally fuct and I love them for being so tough. When I do manual labor, I generally don't need gloves.... But the dry cold air is killing my skin. Anyone have recommendations on hand lotion?

Ps. Gloves aren't an option for training.

Pss. Attempting to keep this out of the gutter as much as possible but I know that it may occur lol.

AresTS
11-18-2012, 03:48 PM
There are a lot of estrogenic compounds in lotions, soaps, shampoos etc... I recommend staying away from anything name brand and get it either online or at a health food store.

For any purpose, hands or otherwise lol

- Valdez

Mr_math
11-18-2012, 04:15 PM
There are a lot of estrogenic compounds in lotions, soaps, shampoos etc... I recommend staying away from anything name brand and get it either online or at a health food store.

- Valdez

Lol. Damn. I just need something to help repair this stuff.

nate3993
11-18-2012, 04:30 PM

- Valdez
been thinking about this. havent been usong lotion, but my body wash, shampoo, etc should be changed. i wanna find some truly natural products. there's an health food store near me that i think has these kinds of things. i'm gonna check em out

naeydrin
11-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Cornhuskers

AresTS
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM
been thinking about this. havent been usong lotion, but my body wash, shampoo, etc should be changed. i wanna find some truly natural products. there's an health food store near me that i think has these kinds of things. i'm gonna check em out

Every man jack is somewhat popular, it's not completely devoid of harmful xenoestrogens but it's better than some.

- Valdez

DJM
11-19-2012, 06:46 AM
But the dry cold air is killing my skin. Anyone have recommendations on hand lotion?

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/23264/1251791-sotl_shot5l_super.jpg

markam
11-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Any of you guys use lotion? My hands are royally fuct and I love them for being so tough. When I do manual labor, I generally don't need gloves.... But the dry cold air is killing my skin. Anyone have recommendations on hand lotion?

Ps. Gloves aren't an option for training.

Pss. Attempting to keep this out of the gutter as much as possible but I know that it may occur lol.

In winter sometimes the skin on my fingers cracks and is very painful when I work, (pianist). I use a cream called 'Lotil' and after a day or so my fingers are much better. Works far better than just moisturiser.

Ingredients: Aqua, glyceryl stearate SE, glycerin, lanolin alcohol, benzyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, oleic acid, triethanolamine, stearic acid, parfum.

Mr_math
11-19-2012, 09:07 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/23264/1251791-sotl_shot5l_super.jpg

Lol. I knew it.

nate3993
11-19-2012, 09:49 AM
y'all inspired me. i threw out all the body wash, shampoo, conditioners, etc. using only natural products. there's a health food store that has some truly natural stuff. also gonna stop using water bottles. bpa free baby. trying to also make sure nothing i eat is gmo. that's gonna be a tough one cause monsanto don't want us to know, but i'm trying. it's for the better.

pman42
11-21-2012, 12:42 AM
dunno what brands are near you but find one that is very nourishing and then apply it before bed, after which you put on plastic gloves and sleep with them on. it is a little uncomfortable but you will thank me for this, i used to work in hospitals and washed my hands 100s of times per day.

nate, once you start eliminating estrogenic chemicals in personal care products, you might want to look at hormones in meat and dairy. theoretically even organic milk has estrogen if the cow is pregnant. also household cleaners are a cheap, easy switch that will eliminate a lot of toxic exposure

nate3993
11-21-2012, 02:51 AM
dunno what brands are near you but find one that is very nourishing and then apply it before bed, after which you put on plastic gloves and sleep with them on. it is a little uncomfortable but you will thank me for this, i used to work in hospitals and washed my hands 100s of times per day.

nate, once you start eliminating estrogenic chemicals in personal care products, you might want to look at hormones in meat and dairy. theoretically even organic milk has estrogen if the cow is pregnant. also household cleaners are a cheap, easy switch that will eliminate a lot of toxic exposure
way ahead of you my man. a- i dont drink milk. eat very little dairy. b-my eggs/ meat are hormone free. i always try and buy organic, and i try and make sure i'm not buying gmo.