PDA

View Full Version : Blood Work - long term clomid

Haritec
08-08-2014, 05:52 PM
I am 55 and my testosterone (both Biovailable and total) were at or near the bottom end of the range in late 2012 (note in Canada so different units and ranges). In 2012
Total Testosterone ~ 12 ( range 8 to 29)
Bioavailable Test ~ 4.3 ( range 4 to 16)

I have been taking Clomid 25 mg EOD or E3D since then, and exemestane 12.5 mg EOD or E3D.
Results this week

LH 16 ( range 1-9) High
Total Testosterone 23 (range 8 to 29) nmol/L
Bioavailable Test 9.1 (range 4 - 16) nmol/L
estradiol 113 (range 0 to 160) pmol/L
Progesterone 2.6 (range 0 to 3) pmol/L
DHEA 5.7 (range 2.2 to 13) umol/L
SHBG 40 (range 10 - 55 ) nmol/L

So - Total Test and Bio Avail Test have pretty much doubled which is good. LH is high - but that is what the clomid is expected to do.

My question is whether I should be trying to reduce the estrogen further - I am surprised it is that high taking 12.5 mg Exemestane EOD.

Also, it is harder for me to get exemestane than it is for me to get Anastrazole - do you see any problem if I go to 0.5 mg Anastrazole E3D ?

I am about 13% body fat 5' 08" 165 lbs- but my estrogen runs high - even when my testosterone was in the floor in 2012 my estradiol was in the 100 range.

Finally - what about something like a low dose of Proviron or Anavar to keep estrogen down - they both bind strongly to aromatase as I understand it.

If wondering why I want to change things - I still think I could feel better and would like to get Bioavailable testosterone up, SHBG down and Estrogen down.

Jelisej
08-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Aromasin/exemestane is AFAIK only aromatase inhibitor that has no negative impact on cholesterol and IGF levels, and is much easier to dose than any other AI. Also it has positive effect on free testosterone ( it reduces SHBG somewhat)- so thats why I am great fan of aromasin/exemestane, tough some people like other AI's. At the end of the day- it your choice, really- so compare pros and cons and do what you think is best for you.

You E2 is (if I calculated correctly) around 30 pg/ml which is good, IMO perfect E2 is around 25 (+/- 5) some feel better when its bit lower some when it higher, so depending how you feel you may add bit more AI.

I'm not sure how your HPTA would react to proviron. Anavar is out of question as it is liver toxic (not sure how much).

tallstraw
08-08-2014, 07:23 PM
^ Var is very light but dose dependant I guess regardless it will cause surpression. Proviron under 25mg a day I think is unsupressive .

O.N.
08-08-2014, 08:41 PM
I am 55 and my testosterone (both Biovailable and total) were at or near the bottom end of the range in late 2012 (note in Canada so different units and ranges). In 2012
Total Testosterone ~ 12 ( range 8 to 29)
Bioavailable Test ~ 4.3 ( range 4 to 16)

I have been taking Clomid 25 mg EOD or E3D since then, and exemestane 12.5 mg EOD or E3D.
Results this week

LH 16 ( range 1-9) High
Total Testosterone 23 (range 8 to 29) nmol/L
Bioavailable Test 9.1 (range 4 - 16) nmol/L
estradiol 113 (range 0 to 160) pmol/L
Progesterone 2.6 (range 0 to 3) pmol/L
DHEA 5.7 (range 2.2 to 13) umol/L
SHBG 40 (range 10 - 55 ) nmol/L

So - Total Test and Bio Avail Test have pretty much doubled which is good. LH is high - but that is what the clomid is expected to do.

My question is whether I should be trying to reduce the estrogen further - I am surprised it is that high taking 12.5 mg Exemestane EOD.

Also, it is harder for me to get exemestane than it is for me to get Anastrazole - do you see any problem if I go to 0.5 mg Anastrazole E3D ?

I am about 13% body fat 5' 08" 165 lbs- but my estrogen runs high - even when my testosterone was in the floor in 2012 my estradiol was in the 100 range.

Finally - what about something like a low dose of Proviron or Anavar to keep estrogen down - they both bind strongly to aromatase as I understand it.

If wondering why I want to change things - I still think I could feel better and would like to get Bioavailable testosterone up, SHBG down and Estrogen down.

You should have a read here for the ideal estrogen level: Ideal Estrogen Level (http://www.wickedsupplements.com/ideal-estrogen-level/)

Haritec
08-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the estrogen link - good to know and glad to see it in both units. Thanks for the advice Jelisej - exemestane ordered.