PDA

View Full Version : Just Under 8 Weeks Out

WonderLiz
08-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey guys. Sorry it's been a while since I've posted anything. I should've known that this training schedule barely leaves time for anything on top of work and sleep. Still seeing a lot of progress, even after taking the last day off from the gym. I got really sick yesterday and stayed on the couch and in bed. I still feel like crap today but I can't take any more time off. I have my first bikini fitting coming up on the 23rd and I'm getting super nervous. Right now I'm taking this diet to another level and cutting out almost all of my carbs. On average, I'd say I'm eating maybe less than 20 grams of carbs per day. But that's only til after my bikini fitting. It's probably not a super smart thing to do right now and that's why I'm getting sick, but its CRUNCH time and I need to drop weight ASAP. Today I'll be training chest and back. I'm gonna keep my posts pretty short because I really dont have the energy to sit here and blog like I have the last few times. More pics coming soon. I gotta show off all my sexy muscles!

longBallLima
08-13-2014, 03:38 PM
holy shit, 20 gr eight weeks out? do you cycle carbs at all?

WonderLiz
08-13-2014, 05:01 PM
My coach tried getting me too but I'm too stubborn. I prefer eating low amounts because I don't bloat. I cut out carbs for a while a few months ago and eventually I was fine. Don't get me wrong, I was cranky and irritable and tired all the time but then I just got used to it. Then I increased to almost 100 grams and got super bloated and just felt gross.

longBallLima
08-13-2014, 06:39 PM
I believe it's because you are suffering from metabolic damage. You can't sustain that and may as well recover your metabolic rate. Soon enough you'll be haing 800 cals, doing 2h cardio a day and not losing an ounce. I've seen it happen to countless athletes, bikini girls specially.

If you're 20g 8 weeks out, how much carbs are you gonna have 2 weeks out?

WonderLiz
08-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Well I know I'm gonna need to be around 50 grams two weeks out. I do plan on increasing the amount of carbs I eat. I'm only doing this to get my weight and size down for my fitting in 10 days. After that I'll carb load with about 100 grams and start my carb cycle.

WonderLiz
08-13-2014, 07:06 PM
It's not messing with my muscle definition that I can see. I eat a good amount of protein and I have veggies at every meal and half a banana with my breakfast of egg whites.

longBallLima
08-13-2014, 07:11 PM
lol i'd be scared of checking my BMR if I was that low for that long...

WonderLiz
08-13-2014, 07:27 PM
I don't even wanna tell you what I'm supposed to be eating vs what I'm actually eating lol

longBallLima
08-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Worst nightmare for a coach lol

Bucks
08-13-2014, 07:39 PM
My coach tried getting me too but I'm too stubborn. I prefer eating low amounts because I don't bloat. I cut out carbs for a while a few months ago and eventually I was fine. Don't get me wrong, I was cranky and irritable and tired all the time but then I just got used to it. Then I increased to almost 100 grams and got super bloated and just felt gross.

Have you tried gluten free type carbs? I get very bloated as well with carbs( except sweet potatoes) but when I eat gluten free carbs there is not much bloat at all.

WonderLiz
08-13-2014, 07:46 PM
I have not tried gluten free things. I mainly get my carbs from starchy veggies and oatmeal and Ezekiel bread. I used to take a pro biotic to help with bloating and digestion.

ironjulius
08-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Im ready for more pics. Hope you feel better soon

WonderLiz
08-13-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm not that bad lol I just don't have a very big appetite. I'll post more progress pics next week!

Eden
08-14-2014, 06:59 AM
You're not gonna get metabolic damage that quick. It takes more than that to bottom it out. Sure it will slow down but it's not that big a deal. But yea if you don't come up you will have to progressively more cardio to make up for the lack of metabolism.

Regardless if it sucks you should cycle your carbs so that you aren't bottomed out and can still lose the rest of your bodyfat. Unless you're going to keep low and actually get into ketosis which is a totally different animal.

WonderLiz
08-14-2014, 11:36 AM
There's still much to learn about my own body composition as well as the sconce behind it. I'm just a newbie lol. But I really do appreciate everyone's input. It's nice to not be alone in such a difficult journey.

BBG
08-14-2014, 11:40 AM
I don't even wanna tell you what I'm supposed to be eating vs what I'm actually eating lol

I have a modeling gig on Sunday... and I'm carb depleting right now (<50 grams carbs per day)...

I just ate 2 lbs of chicken and I'm still starving. PIZZA! FRENCH TOAST! CANT WAIT FOR MY CARB UP ON SATURDAY!!!!! RARAWRWAR

I'm not a very good person to be around when I don't have carbs in me... hahaha

WonderLiz
08-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I want another cheat day so freaking bad!!!! I've been craving a bean and cheese burrito with sour cream and guacamole and extra cheese. I literally wake up thinking about it! I'm not so bad without carbs anymore, I just get tired and a tiny bit cranky. I've been thinking about getting some of that gum that's supposed to taste like a dessert. Right after my fitting I plan on stuffing my face with some chicken and sweet potato!

WonderLiz
08-14-2014, 11:45 AM
And when I said I didn't wanna tell you guys what I'm supposed to eating vs what I'm actually eating, I was referring to the amount of calories, not the actual meal plan.

longBallLima
08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but not doing what your coach says and not telling him what you're doing is the same as not having a coach

WonderLiz
08-14-2014, 12:04 PM
If it's any difference, I'm not paying him for advice he's more of a gym partner and my boyfriend lol. I take his advice into consideration and I do listen to him, but in the end I'm gonna do what works for me.

WonderLiz
08-14-2014, 12:05 PM
He knows what I eat and when I eat because he makes everything for me. The only time I don't do what he says is when he tells me to eat more. He still doesn't understand that my appetite is a lot less than his.

BBG
08-14-2014, 12:06 PM
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but not doing what your coach says and not telling him what you're doing is the same as not having a coach

Based on her pictures, she's getting results. That's for damn sure!

longBallLima
08-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Lol well alrighty... ;)