PDA

View Full Version : ZMA

WonderLiz
09-24-2014, 10:26 AM
So this isn't a review, more of question. I started taking Cellucor's ZMA last night and had the best sleep of my life, but I didn't actually read the bottle until now. It says that only men should take it and I'm assuming because of the free testosterone support. But I wanna know what you guys and gals think. I did some research online but you can't really trust medical journals you find on the internet. Any input would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECTD
09-24-2014, 11:11 AM
i don't see any problems with women using a ZMA supplement. and have also never heard of any issues from there use.
imo continue to use it if its helping!

lt1head
09-24-2014, 02:18 PM
It's a multivitamin that supports T production. Aka your body can use that stuff to make test if it needs. Magnesium is a decent sleep aid, my mom uses that lol.

Jelisej
09-24-2014, 06:11 PM
AFAIK, ZMA as testosterone booster is BS- zinc does promote testosterone a bit, but test. rise is very insignificant (unless one is deficient), on other hand magnesium has slightly pro-estrogen activity, but not significant either.
Magnesium promotes sleep, plus other benefits- and another thing is taurine works well with magnesium, together they help out muscles big time including heart, so you may add taurine with magnesium for synergistic effect. Actually taurine+ magnesium is used in medicine to treat some heart problems.

Back to ZMA- best is to buy separate zinc and magnesium supps, as ZMA itself is overpriced and magnesium that is used in it is not very well absorbed.

And yes, no problem for women using either of minerals.

Freepressright
09-25-2014, 08:18 AM
AFAIK, ZMA as testosterone booster is BS- zinc does promote testosterone a bit, but test. rise is very insignificant (unless one is deficient), on other hand magnesium has slightly pro-estrogen activity, but not significant either.
Magnesium promotes sleep, plus other benefits- and another thing is taurine works well with magnesium, together they help out muscles big time including heart, so you may add taurine with magnesium for synergistic effect. Actually taurine+ magnesium is used in medicine to treat some heart problems.

Back to ZMA- best is to buy separate zinc and magnesium supps, as ZMA itself is overpriced and magnesium that is used in it is not very well absorbed.

And yes, no problem for women using either of minerals.

^^This

The only thing I ever got from it was slightly better sleep from the magnesium. Other than that, I didn't find it to be an impressive test booster.