PDA

View Full Version : Body Fortress Super NOS Blast surprisingly not bad

Freepressright
10-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Money has been especially tight in the Freepressright household as of late.

That, unfortunately, has caused me to have to scale back on a number of things. I'm making sacrifices and buying things I wouldn't normally give a sniff to.

I admit, it's hard to be in the game of fitness when you don't have the extra cash for decent foundational supplements. I was struggling to come up with some spare cash to buy some Pre-Jym the other day because I was fresh out of pre-workout. I happened to be cruising near the pharmacy in Wal Mart where they have protein and other stuff and I happened to notice a new product called "Super NOS Blast" touting a label that proclaimed "new, improved formula."

For shits and giggles I grabbed a container and started reading.

17 two-scoop servings or around 33 one-scoop. OK, not too bad. Price tag? $16.

Fruit punch flavor. Yeah, I can handle that. But let's get a look at what's in it.

300mg of caffeine anhydrous per two scoops. Nice! But will it get better or worse from here.

3 grams of L-arginine. OK, that's the therapeutic dose, and I've always been a decent responder to plain L-arginine.

5 grams of a creatine matrix that contains a decent dose of Creatine HCI. Not bad.

1.5 grams of citrulline malate. Hmm, that's under-dosed, but 500mg of Agmatine Sulfate that's in it might make up for it.

And it had a neuro-focus blend in it that had 750mg of choline. That's an effective dose. Cool.

I wanted to be critical, but in light of the fact that I was damn near broke, and considering that this product is on Wal Mart's shelf, I considered it a small victory and was happy to plunk down $16 to try it.

Despite the low dose of Citrulline Malate, I had a brand new 100-capsule bottle of beet root (beta vulgaris) at home. Seeing as it's a nitrate and now being included in a lot of PWO formulas as an NO donor, I figured stacking it with this stuff would make up for anything the product lacked.

The next morning I added 12 ounces of water to my shaker cup, put in two scoops and shook the hell out of it. It had a very slight grit to it, which is probably part of the Creatine Matrix in it, or perhaps it was crystalline taurine. Either way, it wasn't overly gritty. And the taste was very palatable.

I understand this to be a big improvement over the old formula that this one replaced. Upon reading reviews of the old formula, a lot of folks complained about the taste and said it made them sick to their stomach. This actually tasted decent (7 out of 10 in flavor) and I didn't get an upset stomach.

As for how it worked? Well, the 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous kicked in and I felt it. I had plenty of energy in the tank for my workout and plenty left afterwards. Pump was satisfactory as well.

Considering what this supplement costs and the fact it's available on Wal-Mart's shelf, I'm going to rate it as a good product. I wish it contained BCAAs, like Pre-Jym, but it's also half the cost.

I had given a serving to my cousin, who usually uses Pre-Jym, and he said he felt as though this stuff worked and wasn't bad for the money.

If you're on a budget right now and it's all you can afford, it's worth dropping the little bit of cash and grabbing it. Just make sure you get the new formula, because the reviews on the old are less than stellar.

Hopefully my budget improves soon enough and i can get back on Pre-Jym. But until now, this is satisfactory.