PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Supplements

h2s
11-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Curious what the community uses. We can split this into a couple categories.

What are your favorite premade products (i.e. "Sustain Alpha")

What are your favorite individual ingredients (i.e. "Creatine HCL")

...a description of why would be great as well.

Rodja
11-20-2012, 09:59 AM
ALCAR: focus, mood, memory retention, nootropic

Premade used to Activate Xtreme when it was still under the Designer Supplements label and not the DS/Driven Sports. Stuff gave me more aggression than any AAS that I've tried. I'm anxiously awaiting DCP 2.0 after having used 10+ bottles of the previous version under RPN/Genomyx.

Mr_math
11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Individual: creatine hcl : tried and true, get amazing results from a small amount. Dmaa: clean energy.

Pre-made: tough one. Probably some blend of protein... Or bcaas

Hard to label favorites lol.

DJM
11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
PREMADE
postwo - TORRENT close second to concret, amazing product, the orange is great, love the brand as a whole
prewo - THE CURSE (old version) unreal, i was singing the first time i used it (ipod) i was so jacked up, as good as the first time i used jack3d
creatine - CONCRET (single best name brand supp i ever bought, really is good just pricey - enter rxwhey)
misc - RPM (used it a long while ago, worked amazing, i still contemplate buying but iv gone really basic since i started pinning)
misc - ENDOAMP MAX (find it works really well, just pricey now im not a mod lol)
protein - ULTRA PEPTIDE 2.0 not even close best tasting stuff eVA.....just sucks its $35 for 24/18g servings, i bought 12 once in one shot, lasted 6wks

INGREDIENTS

-CREATINE HCL
- VITD3
- WHEY ISOLATE
- FISH OIL

in my cupboard now
- PROBLEND (only protein i buy now)
- AMINO INFUSION (30ml prewo)
- CREATINE HCL (+200mg caff and sv of gatorade prewo)
- now VITD3
- now MELATONIN (from tren run)
- ascenta FISH OIL (gotta have)
thats really it, pretty boring, used to like shopping for supps, now its boring i just re-up the same 5-6things

pman42
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Great idea for a thread; I was thinking of posting a similar one. If I may I'd like to get everyone's opinion in certain categories, such as "recovery" or "mass gaining".

GENERAL SUPPS
I take a ton of things. I take a multivitamin, extra vit C, extra vit D, vitamin K, magnesium, chromium, silica,, MSM, fish oil, and various greens and sea vegetables. Not all of these are something that make a noticeable difference in how I feel or perform, but some do, ie when I take vitamin D I get sick less often or magnesium helps my sleep.

I'm probably more alternative-health-oriented than most here and take various herbals depending on what I feel I need. Valerian/passionflower for sleep, medicinal mushrooms for immunity, and 4 or 5 types of herbal tea that I drink every so often: astragalus, fo ti, eleuthero, ashwagandha.

WORKOUT SUPPS
o More strength: creatine HCL-- best creatine I ever tried
o Better recovery: BCAAs/protein blend-- seems to allow quicker recovery from workout
o Joint health: Cissus-- has fixed some joint issues for me in the past, and made joints feel like butter

weekend
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Sustain alpha - actually makes me feel awesome.. Fat loss and intraworkout endurance and libido and sleep and anxiety all benefit.

Endo amp max - made me have crazy dreams, feel sharper, and combined with SA good fat loss.

Creatine

Fish oil

Melatonin

Rulk
11-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Individual: Protein powder and creatine.

Labels: I seem to keep coming back to Prime, Powerfull and Anabolic Pump from Usp labs. For natural, it's pretty good, but not fanfuckingtastic.
I tried SA topical in september and now I am much more disapointed that PP is going out of business.

Prohormone: 1test!

Rodja
11-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Individual: Protein powder and creatine.

Labels: I seem to keep coming back to Prime, Powerfull and Anabolic Pump from Usp labs. For natural, it's pretty good, but not fanfuckingtastic.
I tried SA topical in september and now I am much more disapointed that PP is going out of business.

Prohormone: 1test!

1T isn't a PH ;)

Eden
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Premade:

Gat Jetmass
Scivation xtend

Jetmass is bcaas, insulin sensitivity compounds, hormone balancers, and creatines.

Xtend is bcaas

Jelisej
11-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Ingredients:
1. citruline l malate- no explanation needed for this one (apart of being good pw, it can restore erectile function and has other health benefits) Longevity Medicine Strategies for Cardiovascular Disease: Closing the Statin Gap in Endothelial Dysfunction and Insulin Resistance Naturally, with L-Arginine and Citrulline: Part II | Longevity and Aging Research Articles | Longevity Medicine Review (http://www.lmreview.com/articles/view/longevity-medicine-strategies-for-cardiovascular-disease-closing-the-statin-gap-in-endothelial-dysfunction-and-insulin-resistance-naturally-with-l-arginine-and-citrulline-part-II/)
Powerful Amino Acid L-Citrulline Proven to Naturally Restore Erectile Function | Smart Publications |Smart Publications (http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/powerful-amino-acid-l-citrulline-proven-to-naturally-restore-erectile-funct)

2. L tyrosine- this ingredient is Godsend for many, I love it

3 L taurine- I kind like this ingredient (taurine keeps potassium and magnessium in the cell while keeping excessive amount of sodium out- can lower high blood pressure in some).

milehighguy
11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Sustain Alpha (topical not LV) - almost all of the same reasons stated by weekend above, leaning effect in PCT, libido, overall great feeling when I am running SA

postwo - Biotest Surge Recovery (original flavor) love the taste mostly

creatine - Concrete, picked some up because you guys talk about HCL a lot and once I got the dosage right my endurance goes through the roof

Rulk
11-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I like creatine real well, but the Concrete hits me like nothing else. A instant gratification supp that delivers.

DJM
11-21-2012, 10:07 PM
^^^^yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ExtraZeus
11-22-2012, 11:24 AM
I've been taking my creatine HCL post-wo lately, I like to lift fasted and I always drink it in some juice.

Pre-wo I've been using BLOX from BPI with 200mg caffeine. I sip on some intra as well. Stuff works and tastes great.

Also post-wo: Vanilla Problend + peanut butter + ice + blender= WIN.

milehighguy
11-22-2012, 03:45 PM
postwo - TORRENT close second to concret, amazing product, the orange is great, love the brand as a whole

DJM - Is Torrent a Universal product? I only ask because when I google it I don't see the orange flavor. My search did turn up excellent reviews but wanted to just confirm.

Thanks

DJM
11-22-2012, 04:16 PM
DJM - Is Torrent a Universal product? I only ask because when I google it I don't see the orange flavor. My search did turn up excellent reviews but wanted to just confirm.

Thanks
yes, comes orange, cherry, apple

h2s
11-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Torrent is a good mention, I use to love that product.

These days I keep it fairly simple. Ill use whatever preworkout I found cheap, most looking for a stim. Still have some of the neurocore left, so I have been using it here and there. Most days my preworkout tends to be 200mg of caffeine and a bronkaid + creatine hcl. I don't use the hcl if I use the neurocore, because 3 scoops gives enough hcl.

Outside of that, protein powder here and there. I have really cut back on what I use.

Supplements that I do generally appreciate, however, include:
Alcar, most stimulants, creatine hcl (used to be a huge mono fan, and argued against anything else, but dj was right), Leucine, occasional BCAA when cutting, and food (of course). I really like GPLC, but it is a bit costly for the effect.

BBG
11-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Multi Vitamin - Orange Triad (it's amazing, it gives my skin a nice healthy glow, I can tell it helps a lot with digestion and joints as well. pretty amazing).

Designer Steroids - Mechabol. Too bad it's being DCed, but more to come of course from Antaeus Labs.

Preworkout - Endurance. Really awesome preworkout.

sandman
11-30-2012, 01:08 PM
products: most preworkouts with geranium...jack3d being one

bulk: creatine mono or daa (no reason to buy these designer daa products, what a waste)

smtimelevi
12-02-2012, 07:17 PM
by far Sustain Alpha Topical, Sustain Alpha LV, Green Tea(EGCG), ZMA, Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, Muscle Milk, Tribb.

It's really a shame what happned to Primordial. Sustain Alpha Has been a staple of mine for years and kept me in really good shape physically and mentally. Has also kept the ladies coming back.

Is there any thing else out there like Sustain Alpha topical or liquid that can replace it?

Jelisej
12-02-2012, 07:32 PM
by far Sustain Alpha Topical, Sustain Alpha LV, Green Tea(EGCG), ZMA, Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, Muscle Milk, Tribb.

It's really a shame what happned to Primordial. Sustain Alpha Has been a staple of mine for years and kept me in really good shape physically and mentally. Has also kept the ladies coming back.

Is there any thing else out there like Sustain Alpha topical or liquid that can replace it?

Green tea can lower testosterone, tribullus and ZMA are really not good test. boosters.
There are some resveratrol and benzoflavone supps on market so you can mix them, also I think maybe some other mild AI would have same effect on you.

BR99TAL
12-02-2012, 07:33 PM

looking for one too.
any company that would come up with a high quality sustain-alpha clone (even if its the topical and not gel carrier) should get pretty busy managing the high demand.

smtimelevi
12-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Green tea can lower testosterone, tribullus and ZMA are really not good test. boosters.
There are some resveratrol and benzoflavone supps on market so you can mix them, also I think maybe some other mild AI would have same effect on you.

I did not know that about green tea. I normally take it pre workout for a boost. I'm aware that tribb and ZMA aren't very good test boosters but i notice ZMA has a positive effect on sleep when I take it before bed.

What would you recommend as for the AI supps?

Jelisej
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I did not know that about green tea. I normally take it pre workout for a boost. I'm aware that tribb and ZMA aren't very good test boosters but i notice ZMA has a positive effect on sleep when I take it before bed.

What would you recommend as for the AI supps?

DIM? Personaly my favourite is exemestan/aromasin, pharmaceutical, one bottle of 30 25mg tabs lasts me more than 6 months.

burlyman30
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Premade:

Pharm grade multi by Usana Health Sciences

Peptopro for pre-mid workout

Problend for post workout or filling in meal gaps

Individual:

Caffeine is the only stim I will use, and only if I need it to wake up in order to work out.

PHs: Turinabol LV and Trenazone

Everything else is food.

Cobalt
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Turinabol LV

Shocking, surprised you had any. :rolleyes:

burlyman30
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Shocking, surprised you had any. :rolleyes:

lol. Haven't used any for a long long time. May have to dig into my goodies again once I get my TRT sorted out. Traded off two or three for some things I was interested in. I think there are still a half dozen left...

milehighguy
12-09-2012, 10:17 PM
DIM? Personaly my favourite is exemestan/aromasin, pharmaceutical, one bottle of 30 25mg tabs lasts me more than 6 months.

Jelisej - you take aromasin year round? What is you dosing schedule like if you don't mind me asking.

Jelisej
12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Jelisej - you take aromasin year round? What is you dosing schedule like if you don't mind me asking.

No, i take it as i need- sometimes I get issues with E2- so I take 75 mg a week of aromasin, usually it takes 3-4 weeks before I'm fine. After that I'm fine for months sometimes. The aromasin/exemestane I get has 30 25mg tabs- so thats at least 10 weeks... So basically one bottle last for at least 6 months. From OTC supplements only ATD used to do something for me (ATD and aromasin are related), all other used to do jack for me. I must add that some folks say that aromasin/exemestan act androgenic on hair follicles- so some people may experience hair loss.
Other thing is- when estrogen is low its bad for bones, having low estrogen for long period of times can seriously weaken them and you dont notice it 'till they start breaking.

milehighguy
12-11-2012, 10:35 PM
What about your joints? Do they get sore as your E2 levels drop? Or if they drop to low as your trying to get them under control.

Jelisej
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I dont get sore joints always unlike some folks who really suffer from joints on low E2, usualy its more like stiffnes. I dont get morning wood, and my erections are not best. sometimes I get symptoms like dull headache, even cold feet (in winter time), and even flu like symptoms, and fatigue as well. On high end is much worse and E2 interferes with thyroid so on top of high E2 symptoms sometimes I get thyroid symptoms (panick attacks). Also interesting is that E2 affects smell under the armpits- when it goes high its different and harder to control. I found estrogen really hard to control, as sometimes is ok for a while, sometimes goes bit up, and sometimes goes up too much- and so far I cant predict it.

Rulk
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Jelisej, it sounds like you are really in tune with your body. I get caught up in life and just keep trucking before I notice things.

Macdon1588
12-15-2012, 03:36 PM
My current per workout stack: Jack3d micro, PP beta alanine, Rx nutrition's creating hci, and pump spray is pretty slick. Through the last week I feel like my strength and power have been on the level which is something when you consider I'm a shift worker.

ctAL
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
ds craze

AresTS
01-18-2013, 12:44 AM

Green tea lowers T? How and where did you find this? The only study I've seen with testosterone and tea is when it boosted it not lowered...

I know the tone comes across confrontational, I assure you that's not my intention. I frequently drink green tea. Actually, I drink a ton of green tea so, call me interested

- Valdez

BBG
01-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Current Stack:

Primordial Performance Creapure (the good stuff baby )
Antaeus Labs Aegis
Antaeus Labs Talos
Designer Supplements Craze
Antaeus Labs Demiurge
Prescription Nutrition PeptoPro
Prescription Nutrition Carboslin
" " Rilose
" " Micellar Casein

I lowered my protein from shakes by a ton, though. Usually just intra workout, and then pre bed with the micellar.

USN HM 350Z
01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Prescription Nutrition Creatine HCL
Jack3d/micro (alternate)
Prescription Nutrition Pepto Pro (First thing upon waking & Intra workout)
MHP Up Your Mass (post Workout)
Fish oil
D3
K2
Dymatize Elite Gourmet (bed time)

Macdon1588
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Current Stack:

Primordial Performance Creapure (the good stuff baby )
Antaeus Labs Aegis
Antaeus Labs Talos
Designer Supplements Craze
Antaeus Labs Demiurge
Prescription Nutrition PeptoPro
Prescription Nutrition Carboslin
" " Rilose
" " Micellar Casein

I lowered my protein from shakes by a ton, though. Usually just intra workout, and then pre bed with the micellar.

Why did you lower your protein shake and to what?

weekend
07-29-2013, 07:47 PM
really liking PN's plain hemp protein blended with OJ/lemonade and frozen blueberries. goooood stuff

s1lencethenoi5e
07-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Ingredients:
1. citruline l malate- no explanation needed for this one (apart of being good pw, it can restore erectile function and has other health benefits) Longevity Medicine Strategies for Cardiovascular Disease: Closing the Statin Gap in Endothelial Dysfunction and Insulin Resistance Naturally, with L-Arginine and Citrulline: Part II | Longevity and Aging Research Articles | Longevity Medicine Review (http://www.lmreview.com/articles/view/longevity-medicine-strategies-for-cardiovascular-disease-closing-the-statin-gap-in-endothelial-dysfunction-and-insulin-resistance-naturally-with-l-arginine-and-citrulline-part-II/)
Powerful Amino Acid L-Citrulline Proven to Naturally Restore Erectile Function | Smart Publications |Smart Publications (http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/powerful-amino-acid-l-citrulline-proven-to-naturally-restore-erectile-funct)

2. L tyrosine- this ingredient is Godsend for many, I love it

3 L taurine- I kind like this ingredient (taurine keeps potassium and magnessium in the cell while keeping excessive amount of sodium out- can lower high blood pressure in some).

I am curious on Jelisej's take on tyrosine, is he still around though?