PDA

View Full Version : Best weighted vest?

Cdsnuts
12-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Any of you guys have experience with any of the weighted vests on the market? I'm looking to purchase one so any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Freepressright
12-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Any of you guys have experience with any of the weighted vests on the market? I'm looking to purchase one so any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Any one of the "Perfect" brand weighted vests are great. They make a 20 and a 40. The Golds Gym brand at Wal-Mart, which is less expensive, has weak stitching. The weight pockets end up tearing apart from the vest.

Turbo6GN
12-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Hit up weight vest .com. I own the 50lb model and it's awesome. The weights come in 2.5 lb increments making it nicely adjustable. It fits very snugly with lots of padding for the traps/shoulders. Very sturdy and durable, a bit spendy but worth every penny.

Cdsnuts
12-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Everything I'm reading tells me to go for the 60 pounders.....I've been taking a break from weights altogether and have been really working on gymnastic style workouts/bodyweight stuff. I've never felt so strong in my life. Not just stronger, but more fit as well, if that makes any sense. Time to add weight to everything as reps are getting too high and workouts too long.

After a few months I'm going to incorporate some weights back into the routine so it's fully balanced.

Turbo6GN
12-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Everything I'm reading tells me to go for the 60 pounders.....I've been taking a break from weights altogether and have been really working on gymnastic style workouts/bodyweight stuff. I've never felt so strong in my life. Not just stronger, but more fit as well, if that makes any sense. Time to add weight to everything as reps are getting too high and workouts too long.

After a few months I'm going to incorporate some weights back into the routine so it's fully balanced.

Yeah, they do the trick for sure. I was running 5K with it, doing full sets of hanging pull ups, push ups, bar dips, bench dips, etc...

Just awesome for body comp and endurance.