PDA

View Full Version : Iron Legion

Bucks
12-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Not sure if you guys saw the posting but they have closed the doors.

RIP they made top quality products!

tallstraw
12-19-2014, 04:37 PM
They'll find another niche

Mad Mardigan
12-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Moment of silence...

Cobalt
12-19-2014, 07:45 PM
IL was just the hormonal side of Antaeus Labs. It does suck, but its not like shop is totally closed.

BBG
12-19-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm very ready for the modular series and other natural products to start stepping up the game. I think Iron Legion was just generating funding for Antaeus Labs, in all honesty. They were innovative, but not in the same way Antaeus Labs wants to be.

MarkB
12-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Do you think Salvo might be brought over to Antaeus? It is by far the best topical carrier I have ever used.

BBG
12-19-2014, 11:43 PM
I don't believe so. Henryv said it was just being discontinued.

MarkB
12-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Oh well, that's unfortunate. I had a feeling that might be the case so I just bought 55 bottles..lol. Thanks for the response.

Cobalt
12-20-2014, 12:50 AM
I don't believe so. Henryv said it was just being discontinued.

Ok, that does just suck.

O.N.
12-20-2014, 02:29 AM
So they were only relying on PH sales?

weekend
12-20-2014, 02:38 AM
Yes and salvo. Most of them are not listed on the ban but still

BBG
12-20-2014, 06:18 AM
So they were only relying on PH sales?

From what I remember, iron legion was just there to fund Antaeus. We all know how cheap raw powders are (even tested powders) from a decent source. And then that money was used to fund the innovation over at Antaeus where they develop actual new products that require a good bit of investment in R&D.

Bucks
12-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Had a feeling it was coming so I banked some Salvo. I'm going to miss that stuff.

4nface
12-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Good thing you banked it. I scoured the net this morning to find some. Bought the last 8 I could find. I heard it should easily be good past 10 years if stored right.

Bucks
12-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Mine won't last that long LOL.

Stuff holds a shit ton of powder if you have patience.

4nface
12-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Care to elaborate on what kind of results you have achieved concentration wise? If not, I understand. I've never used it, but curious on form concentration per bottle.

Spank
12-21-2014, 09:30 AM
The next logical step would be to begin brewing our own transdermal carriers? I'm assuming that certain compounds can affect blood plasma levels with greater efficiency through the use of a transdermal carrier. This is important because some of us may now have a dwindling stash.

"Transdermal Recipe

40% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL( ISO )
15% ISOPROPYL MYRISTRATE( IPM )
15% ISOPROPYL PALMITATE( IPP )
10% OLEIC ACID( OA )
10% PROPYLENE GLYCOL( PG )
10% DMSO
The 15% IPM and 15% IPP can be combined and just use 30% IPM...

ISO is used as a solvent. It will help disolve the ph into the solution. It also has some penetration properties.

IPP is used to lubricate the skin it softens it up so the skin can be penetrated easily by the ph(dries quicker and is not as oily feeling as the IPM).

IPM is used for the same reason as the IPP.

OA this is a powerful penetration enhancer. It works with the lipids in the skin to let the ph go through.

PG this stuff is oily. What it does is keeps the moisture from leaving the skin. The more moisture the easier it is for ther ph to penetrate. NO you can't just use water....

DMSO It is A powerful penetration enhancer. This addition puts us over the top. This is a must in the solution. If you have sensitive skin this may irritate it. If it irritates too much go to 5% and add 5% to ISO.
Other factors that help penetration....
1. Rub the ph on vigorously.. RUB HARD
2. Keep the solution mg/ml low .The less ph in the more surface area the better penetration.
3. Try to wait until dry to put clothing on. Hoefully for you it is only 5 mins max
4. If you can remove hair where ph isa being applied. The ph can attach to the hair and thus not go into your skin. SHAVE IT OFF...

I know this is going to be asked so here is the amount of ml............
40% ISO is 96ml

15% IPP is 36ml

15% IPM is 36ml

10% OA is 24ml

10% PG is 24ml

10% DMSO is 24ml

You put them all in the bottle add you PH's and whalla you have an awsome homebrew... I recommend you get your supplies from Server Error (http://www.lemelange.com/) in the bodybuiling section.

This will give you a solution very similar to the old Avant transdermal. Some guys like a gel like BDC put out. If you prefer a gel, buy some carbomer 934, and Add triethanolamine drop-wise until gel is attained.

It is best to buy a large glass beaker to do your mixing in so you can heat it gently. This will aid the PH powder into solution alot easier!

Thanks to AnabolicMinds.com for the research and time input for the recipe!"
Hat tip: Transdermal Recipe (http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/threads/35086-Transdermal-Recipe?) (Zech)

Personally I have attempted 10 grams of epiandro in 30mL of salvo lol. After spilling and having a bottle that was way over saturated despite repeated hot water baths and vigorous shaking that resembled the use of a shake weight, I split the bottle between 2 bottles. Rough estimate is that I had about 4.5 g/30mL that may be very close to over saturation though and may require heat and shaking before each application. The total volume will not fit in the supplied dropper bottle though.

SoCal-Nutrition
12-23-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm working with the Big Guy to License Salvo...may take a little while, but we'll have it going forward.

right now, we're almost out.

Bucks
12-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Good move buddy.

4nface
12-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Very good move. Not many good empty carriers out there.

WesleyInman
12-23-2014, 08:44 PM
I sold out as well.

It is actually pretty simple to make a carrier. Mike and I from PN were working on it. If you have the money to invest it can be done. So Cal it would be great to see you pick this up and even come out with your own brand. Or you and I can talk if need be!

I am not sure legality wise how to maneuver with it, I don't know truthfully what the legality of a transdermal carrier is at this point, especially one with alcohol in it. The gov't might require a liquor license to sell it at this rate LOL. (kidding)

QTip
12-24-2014, 12:05 AM
This will give you a solution very similar to the old Avant transdermal.

I remember Avant Labs, whatever happened to them? They had some decent products and were very cerebral in their approach to supplements. Kind of like PP but even more scientific.

tallstraw
12-24-2014, 03:37 PM
I remember brundel gave out a pretty good easy recipe for one. Idk exactly what's in his carrier, but I liked it a lot...he withdrew some of the ingredients when he named it, but he gave some of the basics of his carrier for others to use. He's the owner of black lion research if I remember the company right, the guys that had (IMVHO) the best topical Formestane and carrier on the market by a far and wide margin.

weekend
12-24-2014, 04:24 PM
I just wish salvo was more for your money so you can use more per application and less mg/ml

tallstraw
12-24-2014, 06:49 PM
I meant at the time, until salvo came out..but in a bind the recipe he gave is cheap and effective. I'm gonna look it up.

Bucks
12-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm working with the Big Guy to License Salvo...may take a little while, but we'll have it going forward.

right now, we're almost out.

I hope so now that I have all this powder.........

LOL I'm good for quite some time.