PDA

View Full Version : MK-677 research log journal

Spank
01-24-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm about halfway through week 3 of PCT for my previous log, and really missing the fast recovery I was experiencing on cycle.

Today 1/24/15 will be day 1 of 4 week research of MK-677 (Ibutamoren) @ 25mg/day from BSP. I just picked up a bunch of goodies, and have been feeling a little unhappy carrying such a high bodyfat percentage after a winter bulk that brought me from 184lbs last summer to 207ish for the past week. I am looking forward to maintaining this body mass for another 5 weeks at minimum to try and solidify and muscle and strength gains from the bulk before I begin cutting for summer. I am hoping for a slight recomp with improved recovery.

I have read some logs that weren't really impressive, so I am keeping my expectations low and will report on what happens.

I am also taking a host of supplements, which will be added later. Gotta go lift!.

Spank
01-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Well within 1 hour of dosing marked increase in hunger, body temperature, and sweating. Will probably keep dosing to before bedtime to avoid the hunger. currently sitting a hair over 206 lbs.
So for a list of supplements:
Fish oil
multi
Vitamin D
Vitamin B12
glucosamine and chondroitin joint supp
Vitamin C
Ashwaganda
Boron
Milk thistle
hawthorn berries
ALCAR
Grape seed extract (just using it until its gone)
ALA
Creatine mono
Protein powder
C4 extreme preworkout (sometimes I add in about 1.5 g beta alanine and ~3 grams of citrulline )
ZMA before bed
Alpha brain 1 cap/day

PCT: Nolva and Exemstane

Spank
01-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Morning 2:
Hunger, lethargy.
No noted problems feeling full as have been reported by others.
Not sure if lethargy can completely be attributed to MK-677.
Almost forgot to mention reports of skin benefits already.
Bacne is miraculously more clear. >50% reduction

Spank
01-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Morning 3:
Day 2 dose was moved to earlier in the day to keep separate from sleep.
Morning 3 consisted of AM cardio with preworkout as soon as alarm went off. So hunger and lethargy weren't noticed.
Pronounced improvement in acne still present and welcome.
Recovery seems improved-reports of less pronounced DOMS
current weight is 212lbs though
+6lbs in 3 days does not bode well for a cut.
Although hunger hasn't been reported to be more pronounced, there is an obvious increase in caloric consumption.

No reports of continued elevated frequency of joint pain.

Dose 3 was administered on morning 3 to see how sides are throughout day.
Creatine supplementation was recently added so additional weight gain may be all water.

Spank
01-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Evening 3 weight is 214lbs please please please let summer come quickly

Spank
01-27-2015, 04:08 PM
I had a request for pics from my last log to judge if I should cut or not. So here are some pics of me today.
I tend to carry extra bodyfat in my lower pecs, abdomen, glutes and thighs to a lesser extent.
5'10.5 214lbs bf%=too high!
Last summer I was 184lbs. My goals are minimum 195lbs with <10%bf by June. I will be getting engaged and my gf and I agree that we should take fitness related engagement pictures, so I'm a little more motivated.

Pics were taken a day after training arms and shoulders, so they are probably a little inflamed. I am also supllementing with creatine which does add a little water weight as well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Jonsblckhwk/photos%20of%20me%20and%20Nicole/foto_no_exif1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Jonsblckhwk/photos%20of%20me%20and%20Nicole/foto_no_exif.png

Upon completion of this cycle I will probably wait a week or two with only natty supps to let my body get close to homeostasis. I am then planning to run a cut with tentative plans to maybe start with EC stack or maybe Clen then kickstart a cut stack with osta. Idk though being shut down for too long seems scary, although my boys came back quickly after the last cycle. If only I could find some oral HCG...

Spank
01-29-2015, 07:13 AM
day 5 am dosing,

Due to reports or bad taste, we have changed to using an oral syringe to put liquid into capsules. With this dosing protocol we have reports of feeling of warmth in esophagus. Effects were described as similar to liquor. Feeling of warmth followed by "tightness" in head. No reports of numbness in limbs as have been reported by others. All doses administered with food. Subject was pre-screened with reports of "sensitive stomach" and "acid reflux" prior to trial. This may or may not be influencing digestive side effects.

Subject reports possible increase in carb sensitivity, so we will switch to a restricted carbohydrate diet.

Increased recovery is being reported. Definite decrease in the intensity and duration of DOMS

Spank
01-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Day 5 had awesome leg day
Pulled a 385 lb deadlift for another PR over last week's 360 lbs. Went for 400 and got it about 6" up and got stuck. Maybe I'll throw some romanian deads in on back day if things aren't too crazy busy and try again next week. I was so close. I have never trained for strength really. Always stuck to high volume routines.
Also added 5 lbs to each squat set plus 2 reps on last 5th set after deadlifting. Had to wait about 20 minutes for leg press to become available at 6:00pm. I can't even be mad because they were regulars that have been lifting there longer than me lol. Proceeded to destroy last leg days leg press in weight and reps then matched last week's accessory isolation work. Best leg day in a while.
Weight is up to 216lbs because I have been stress eating homemade parfaits with vanilla greek yogurt and oats n dark chocolate protein granola FFFFFUUUUUU sweet tooth. I mean like a cereal bowl full LOL. So I have behaved a little better today with marginally smaller portions during each meal, however I will probably eat a large meal in the next 30 min because leg day haha.
So the next two days will solidify whether the MK is affecting recovery times, because I did not supplement with citrulline this workout, and after this leg day I should be crawling out of bed Saturday morning.

I know I have gained a significant amount of weight prior to first cycle, but it is really gratifying to see a plateau smashed with strength still increasing through week 3 of PCT. I used to hate when the powerlifters would lift near me with their heavy weights and low rep ranges! Even with a much higher volume I'm starting to catch up to them though :cool:

VayneZ
01-29-2015, 10:59 PM
Those pics don't look too high in bf too me bro. Looks good. If you're feeling recovery time is getting better why not start with lower dose EC? I'm planning on doing that either next week or the next to see how it works with the res100/epic gainz. Def helps with lethargy also!! And wayyy smoother than clen imo

Spank
02-01-2015, 11:35 PM
End of day 8:
Leg day DOMS were bad. I would say there are better compounds out there for recovery. I like to add L-Citrulline to C-4. I believe the creatine/Beta alanine/L-citrulline combo is more effective at than this so far.

After 2 days of clean eating with restricted carbs and EC I am down to 209. I feel as if I am a touch leaner at 209 than at the beginning of PCT and up 3 lbs. Could be water weight though?

Hopefully week 2 shows more results although strength is still increasing each workout with the split I run.
Modest gains so far, but gains are gains.
I'm going to try to slowly bulk ever so slightly to see how long I can take advantage of these strength gains once PCT ends and thereafter. Now that I know the EC will drop the weight fast I'm not as apprehensive about carrying so much bodyfat. I really wish it were march......................

8 weeks of researching Tvar/Transdermal Trest/and Epiandro beginning on April 1st

Scope75
02-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Sounds like a fun run come April.

Spank
02-02-2015, 07:44 AM
I'm hoping to be able ($) to get engaged this year, so I have to have my fun while there is still fun to be had lol.

VayneZ
02-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Nice man. Marriage is good when there's a stable income and yet a way to be happy reaching new physical goals, plan them together

Spank
02-05-2015, 12:55 AM
I've learned through a few failed long term relationships that its best for me to just find someone with similar goals and interests. I found a girl that goes to the gym with me, cooks and cleans, and has great future income potential, so I'll be damned if I don't do my best to make her happy when I can and help her see things differently when I can't.
I do see some potential problems down the road with the PH use, because she doesn't truly understand the bodybuilder/weightlifter's main problem. We are always chasing that one day we had an exceptional workout/physique and always find ourselves moving the bar for what is good enough. She knows a lot about exercise science but doesn't understand the application and lifestyle. I am comfortable with saving that discussion for another day though Lol.
We don't live together because she is still in school, so I have a year to really see how far I can go to decide how much I should push for her understanding and acceptance. She is definitely a pick your battles type of girl.

So to be honest about this MK-stuff, I don't really see the recovery benefits as much as I had hoped. I definitely felt like I could recover much better when on cycle. It is certainly helping me maintain weight though. I think this would best be utilized on a bulk. Carb cravings are persisting. Strength gains are starting to top out. I seem to have trouble getting to sleep and then have trouble waking up and have been napping more often, which never ends well.

I already gain weight pretty easy. For example I ate scrambled eggs for lunch. 2.5 cups of egg whites including 2 eggs with a fifth of a block of Colby cheese and various spices. And was eating again a couple hours later. That was meal 2 of 5, meals today. My meals usually take up 2 plates Lol freaking small ass useless plates these days.... Lol

I would suggest this for a hard gainer as part of a bulk if it can be found on sale. Potentially as part of PCT but I admittedly don't have enough knowledge to recommend that with any credibility. I will still run this through and continue to look for interesting observations

nate3993
02-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Tried ostarine and hated it. It killed my sex drive. Sightly better pumps and recovery, but meh.

Spank
02-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Quick update. Smashed deadlifts today(Leg day) for a new PR of 400 lbs.:cool: I can remember the day I pulled 300 and was ecstatic, today was somewhat anticlimactic, but I am happy to see such significant gains. 1/19/15 I pulled 365 and 2/11/15 I pulled 400lbs
I had not been training deads though, so these could be neuro adaptation gains? Nonetheless, I fucking pulled 400, and now I must pull 500.

I feel like my weight is fluctuating entirely too much, although I have been more conscious of nutrition. I am cutting back on portion sizes and will try to maintain 210ish
Today I weighed in at 211 but I have been fluctuating from 209 to 216 depending on my stress level. I almost got discouraged dealing with the increased appetite and quit today, but I will ride this out. I think I only have 2 weeks left anyways. I am really missing feeling lean. It is going to be tough waiting to start the next cycle.

Overall my strength has dropped a little from its peak during PCT but remains markedly improved over pre-cycle, however I have had to reduce training volume due to working 60-70 hours a week on top of school starting up again. My girl also came to visit for 3 days, which made me feel obligated to spend time with her, which resulted in neglecting everything else to an extent. Long distance is fucking annoying. Sometimes I wish she wouldn't visit at all so I wouldn't have to fuck my routine right when I am getting in a groove with things. I could really just use some consistency in my schedule. I can't wait for the day that I can go to the gym 6 days a week again.

One thing I have noticed is that, although I feel that I have more bodyfat than when I started PCT (around the same weight), my dress clothes seem to be tighter. My neck specifically, and I don't tend to carry a lot of fat on my neck lol. I literally just bought clothes one size larger for the cycle, and now they are not fitting well at all. Its actually really frustrating because I have to get dressed up for work. I have also noticed that my pants seem shorter, like all of them, which is also frustrating. At this point I am really looking forward to my cut, but I understand that I must at least maintain for a few more weeks.

VayneZ
02-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Congratz on the 400 man!!! You deadlift sumo or conventional?
Why don't you try recomping a bit before you go all out in your cut?

Spank
02-18-2015, 10:18 AM
I lift conventional. I def agree that a recomp is in order. Especially with running 2 19nors and the associated blood pressure risks. I am currently towards the end of my MK run and will try to run an ever so slight caloric deficit on days I don't lift because I have a sedentary career and lifestyle outside of the gym.
Life is kind of getting out of hand for me with scheduling and stress, so I am begrudgingly limiting my gym time. If only I could get paid to lift. I need a sugar momma lol