PDA

View Full Version : Sorrow's powerlifting log

Pages : [1] 2

Sorrow
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
As an introduction of sorts, I was/am active (lurking) on PP's forum where I found the info from guys like Heretostudy and Eric to be very informative. As far as basic stats:
Height: 6' before squats, 5'10" after..
Weight: currently 225 lbs. Heaviest was 251 last december.
Body fat: 18 - 22% (dexa scan)
General lifting experience: 12 years.
Competitive powerlifting: 3.5 years
Best competition lifts:
Squat: 515 raw @ 238 lbs (march 2012) 640 multiply @ 218 lbs (oct 2012)
Bench: 340 raw " 480 doubleply "
Deadlift: 555 raw @ 245 lbs (dec 2011) 550 singleply @ 242 lbs (march 2011)

I've competed 18 times, and thus far have achieved at least 1 pr in every meet I've ever entered after the first.
World championships:
WABDL 242 lbs bench
WNPF 242 lbs open full power

I had a lot on my plate this last year so I didn't hit as many meets, lots of work and I went back to college at night. Also wound up switching gyms. But things are looking up for 2013!

I usually start/end the year with alot of raw work. Mostly to recondition my joints and let my body reset. Last year was the first year I went multiply so there was a major learning curve. I also have realized that the gear will cover up or help you develop some weakness's that need to be addressed to continue to grow. That said I'll most likely be getting back into some gear soon.

I don't normally worry to much about my diet. In fact that is probably my biggest hindrance. I usually will pay attention when Im about a month out from a competition as thats usually when I am locked into a weight class. Other then that I just monitor my weight and body fat levels. I try and keep them somewhat in check.

Any questions feel free to ask and I'll get to them when I get back, bench training tonight.

h2s
11-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Some imrpessive numbers, looking forward to following your journey.

VayneZ
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
in for this! Looks interesting

xxiv
11-20-2012, 05:43 PM
ths looks interesting. very impressive numbers.
what does your current trainng look like? What have you used in the past?

Rodja
11-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Subbed for some PRs. What's your template look like?

Sorrow
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
@XXIV
Up to 2011 I only used the basic sups most of which I still use. Multivitamin, creatine, different proteins. Just about everything on the list for Animal (by universal, post ban) I have tried out. Then starting over the last year I worked my way into some light pro hormone usage which is where primordial performance and the andro series came in. Unfortunately with the recent events I guess Ill be looking for some other avenues as we are all aware they will no longer be in production. BUT I will be watching for any news out of Eric and company as I really did have a good overall experience with Andro mass, hard, lean. v2, and v3. It was actually prompted by discovering I have naturaly low test levels. It appears most of my old military unit and good number of other vets I know all have the same low numbers. Something we were most likely exposed to overseas, but I'll leave that alone for now. While working with my doctor was when I first tried the andro series. And now we're dialing in my HRT so going forward that will be a factor in my cycle choices.

All that being said, here is what my cycle will look like sup wise for Nov.-dec.
Multi: Animal pak.
What can I say, I honestly feel good when I take a pak in the morning.
Creatine: Con-cret.
It's worked well for me. Based on my records I can honestly say there is 3-5 lbs (water) weight lost when I run out, and usually much better recovery when I take it. No real bloating, just a good solid full feeling.
Pre-workout: Jak3d
Eh this stuff helps wake me up as I usually go straight from work to the gym.
Hormone base: Testosterone Cypionate 150 every 2 weeks.
Been working with my doc on this one. Lots of blood work, he's been open to tweaking it I'm slowly working my way towards a closer dosing scheme. (I want weekly)
Topical: Trenazone
Was going to run andro enhance, but I wanted a product that I could have access to all year if I like it.
Pro Hormone: Ultradrol
Yeah I know, kinda goes in the face of something available all year. I'm thinking of this as a kick start, maybe try mechabol if this works out. I'm open to suggestions though. My first thought was an 8 week andro mass/hard run. But a fellow gym rat is passing on this as he's going all in on some stronger stuff so I figured I'd see how this feels.
Additional cycle support: Organ shield (purus labs)

The dosages will be real basic
Pak: 1 a day
organ shield: 1 am 1 pm
trenazone: 1 ml daily
Ultradrol: 8/12/16/16

Sorrow
11-20-2012, 07:56 PM
11/20/2012
Bench
Warmup
135 x 8
225 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
Loose Rage X training shirt
385 x 2 off 2.5" boards
405 x 2 off 2" boards
455 x 2 "
475 x 1 "
495 help at lockout
Bench shirt off

close grip bench with bands from the bottom (reds)
205 x 10
255 x 8
275 x 4 (triceps fried)

Standing curls
45's x 8 x 2

Wasn't actually planning on shirting up tonight, but my shoulder was a little sore from some chain work last week.

@Rodja
Honestly there isn't so much of a "template" anymore. Although there is some guidelines. I basically train heavy three days out of the week (currently tues, thurs, sun morning) Each day I focus on one of the big three. Squat, bench, deadlift. I also do not do any of them more then once in a week, or back to back.
My Plan is:
Today: bench lockout work
thursday 22: Thanksgiving, eat, recover, eat more
sunday 25: squat, box squat. Need to rebuild some of my raw squat strength down in the hole.
tues 27: Bench probably hanging bands to protect my shoulders
thursday 29: deadlift

It keeps rotating from there. As far as the structure of the workout, I do my main lift to a given weight. For example tonight I was working off a 2 board, low reps just doubles followed by a single to get used to having 500# in my hands again. I then do two accessories. Also at any given time I can adjust the range on my main lift to avoid injury.

Closer to the meet I'll dial back on the accessory work and focus on doubles and singles in whatever gear (raw or equipped)
Also cardio can be mixed in as needed (I own a husky, our walks are usually enough) but sometimes on a saturday or friday Ill add in some kettlebell work as I find that to just be a good stretch. I only own a little 35 lb bell so I don't over do it.

Looking at it in writing it probably sounds horribly un-scientific but there is a method to the madness. In bodybuilding terms if you see a lagging body part you would adjust the workout to try and catch up that particular body part. In powerlifting terms I try and work on any specific deficiencies in my lifts.

Sorrow
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Video's from my last meet:
Squat 1 640# (no good)
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet Tim Squat 1 10-13-12 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/sslSkge3vrk)

Squat 2 640#
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Squat 2 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/PmoRtR3J-wU)

Bench 1 Opener 435#
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 1 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/sYID27ADaS8)

bench 2 460# (pr)
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 2 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/rorcLyFwCMI)

Bench 3 470# (pr)
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 3 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/MnmCHQ_r2a0)

Deadlift 3 540#
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Deadlift 3 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/RLwercJSVJ4)

I had a real bad start to the day, I had a head cold with a lot of head congestion, and during my first squat attempt I actually poped my left ear drum. What thought was just fluid backing up from my nose was actualy blood filling my ear. At the end of the first vid you can see me grab my head after the lift. No excuses though I should have done better on the squat, and I was just exhausted by the deadlift. Oh well, on to the next one.

Sorrow
11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
All I smell is food..
but anyways I will be starting off this cycle tomorrow. Goal being a 1 month run followed by bloods if i can get into my doc in late december. (just for curiosity sake)
Following this I plan on running mechabol/trenazone combo heading into my meet in march.
Starting (pre thanksgiving) body weight: 226
Body fat: 23%

*Note I use a wifi scale that logs weight and "body fat" it tends to read high but for logging purposes it will allow me to trend if I see bf% going up or down from this point. I have compared it to a same day dexa, bod pod, so I know about how far off it is. In the absence of more scientific equipment I make do.

week 1 schedule

1 animal pak with breakfast meal early am
ultradrol 8mg prior to lunch (11 am ish)
organ shield post lunch

pre-workout
2 scoops concret
1 scoop jack3d micro

1ml trenazone post shower at night

Will adjust dosages as necessary week two.
All feedback on timing is welcome as I am new to both ph's. Was mostly trying to keep them from competing for absorption with anything else.

xxiv
11-22-2012, 09:47 AM
unless you plan on sleeping alone i would suggest trenazone am, I am overly worried about transfer though as i have children.

UD and trenazone look good. I have some in the stock pile but haven't tried it yet.
I take it no need to pct due to the cyp. Ai on hand?

Your comp videos are great, thanks for sharing them. I am going to give one a whirl.

Rodja
11-22-2012, 11:41 AM
unless you plan on sleeping alone i would suggest trenazone am, I am overly worried about transfer though as i have children.

UD and trenazone look good. I have some in the stock pile but haven't tried it yet.

Your comp videos are great, thanks for sharing them. I am going to give one a whirl.

Tops of feet work really well for topicals because the skin is thin and there is seldom contact. However, sites for transdermals should be rotated to maintain efficacy.

VayneZ
11-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Video's from my last meet:
Squat 1 640# (no good)
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet Tim Squat 1 10-13-12 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/sslSkge3vrk)

Squat 2 640#
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Squat 2 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/PmoRtR3J-wU)

Bench 1 Opener 435#
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 1 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/sYID27ADaS8)

bench 2 460# (pr)
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 2 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/rorcLyFwCMI)

Bench 3 470# (pr)
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Bench 3 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/MnmCHQ_r2a0)

Deadlift 3 540#
Dukes Iron Zoo/Lexen Meet 10-13-12 Tim Deadlift 3 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/RLwercJSVJ4)

I had a real bad start to the day, I had a head cold with a lot of head congestion, and during my first squat attempt I actually poped my left ear drum. What thought was just fluid backing up from my nose was actualy blood filling my ear. At the end of the first vid you can see me grab my head after the lift. No excuses though I should have done better on the squat, and I was just exhausted by the deadlift. Oh well, on to the next one.

Awesome power man! And how you describe the pressure felt in you head... man, that's why I respect power lifters so much. You guys are sick (in an awesome way)

Sorrow
11-22-2012, 09:09 PM

Good point, when my old lady is here i'll probably apply in the morning.
An yeah the pct was less an priority these days, but there is some PCT stuff on hand. Also being Ultradrol I wasn't planing on going longer then a month.

Tops of feet work really well for topicals because the skin is thin and there is seldom contact. However, sites for transdermals should be rotated to maintain efficacy.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

For records purposes starting measurements
Neck 16
chest 47
shoulders 52.5
upper arm 15.5
lower arm 12.5
waist 38
hips 43.5
thigh 26
calves 17

Rodja
11-22-2012, 09:10 PM
How do you like the Jack suit? I've gotten mixed feedback on them and it seems like a lot of people are going back to Ace suits.

Sorrow
11-22-2012, 10:14 PM
It has a steep learning curve. I have a pair of ace briefs that I didn't really like. (poor fitment off the shelf) The funny part is the ace and jack are actually the same material as far as I know. The main difference is the jack is full on triple ply, with alot of seams. Not as much rebound, but a whole lot of stopping power. There's a few techniques to dial in the jack we've been working on (there's actually three of us using jack suits, one using an ACE)
I would say it depends on your particular squat technique. But the key points for the jack I would say is
1) The jack suit seems to respond well to a wide stance.
2) There isn't a whole lot of support out of just the bottoms, the straps make it work. If you are strong out of the hole or using a good pair of briefs you should be alright.
3) It will stop you, not a whole lot of rebound, but if the straps are tight it will hold you.
4) you can control where the suit locks up by how loose the straps are, but if its on tight you're going to probably have trouble with depth. Takes awhile to properly break in.

personally I'd say if your squat isn't at 650 - 700 min there's other suits you can use that will probably serve you better.
I also use some predator briefs from Inzer that work extremely well. (double ply)
And everybody I know who lifts has had great results from titans super centurion suit. (single and double ply)

Hope this helps, anything specific feel free to ask.

Rodja
11-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Right now, I use an Ace suit with some slightly oversized Pro briefs. PR is 690 at a BW of about 215. I actually bought the suit of of Patrick Helber out of Lexen over the Summer and have zero complaints about the suit itself. I was mainly looking for some more feedback on the Jack line as most of the prominent guys outside of Carroll and Joey Smith have switched back to Ace suits after a trial with Jack suits. I may end up getting a Jack shirt as I really like the low cut neck, but I need to get my bench up before I switch to a triple ply shirt.

Sorrow
11-23-2012, 09:38 AM
If I were you I probably wouldn't worry about the Jack suit then. If you get the chance to try one out it would probably give you some insight, but I doubt there'd be to much of a gain. The only other comment is on how soft it feels.

Perhaps try some other brands briefs, they each work in different ways, the predator / metal suit combo is a really good one.

The two guys with Jack shirts love them. But they are tough to adjust, kind of a put it on and go type deal. If you follow the links for the meet videos you'll see some of our training videos on youtube as well. The jack shirts have tighter sleeves then bash line, I do know that first hand.

Rodja
11-23-2012, 03:26 PM
If I were you I probably wouldn't worry about the Jack suit then. If you get the chance to try one out it would probably give you some insight, but I doubt there'd be to much of a gain. The only other comment is on how soft it feels.

Perhaps try some other brands briefs, they each work in different ways, the predator / metal suit combo is a really good one.

The two guys with Jack shirts love them. But they are tough to adjust, kind of a put it on and go type deal. If you follow the links for the meet videos you'll see some of our training videos on youtube as well. The jack shirts have tighter sleeves then bash line, I do know that first hand.

I am extremely fortunate to be training with a Pro in that I not only get technique feedback, but also insight into different gear combos. I will most likely be getting some new briefs at some point next year, but need to settle in a weight class before I do so. My shirt is an Ace and I really like it compared to the Inzer Rage X shirts that I have tried.

Sorrow
11-24-2012, 08:05 AM
I've always been a huge fan of metal shirts, something about the way they cradle the tricep instead of cut into it. I started out with F6 training then used metal (all single ply) before moving onto the double ply bash. Yet for some reason I borrowed a 50 double ply rage x and it worked in training so thats what I used at that last meet. Way too loose though, getting ready to order a new one.

As for cycle update, nothing to report. Squat training tomorrow.

Sorrow
11-25-2012, 01:07 PM
11/25/2012
Bodyweight: 230
Squat training
Box squat 1/2 -1" higher then parallel (6 mats)
*we use a monolift, and 60 lbs, thick squat bar. Thats why the weights may look odd compaired to what you may be used too.
Warm up
bar x 3 x 2
150 x 3
240 x 3 add belt
330 x 3
380 x 3 add knee wraps
420 x 3
Add briefs
470 x 3
510 x 3
560 x 2
600 x 1.5 (came up early on second attempt. Head pressure)

Close stance leg press
*old leg press machine, assuming 50 lbs sled weight but its probably heavier.
275 x 10
365 x 10
455 x 10
545 x 8

30 min cardio (walking husky in the park)

Decent workout. Was off the pace on my squats as a result I didn't get in a 3rd accessory lift. Good focus though, decent intensity, for a sunday morning. On the second 600 lbs attempt I got spooked, have to get used to the pressure in my head again. First day back in gear for squats since my meet.

I think the weight gain is purely from thanksgiving binge eating, not any kind of sup.

Sorrow
11-27-2012, 08:06 PM
11/27/2012
body weight: 234
Bench training
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 5
275 x 5 x 2
300 x 2 (should have kept going, no idea why I only did the double)
Hanging green bands
315 x 3
365 x 3 (ugly, but complete)
315 x 10

seated upright press
60# x 10 (shoulder pain, passed on the rest)

Skull crushers
50 x 10
55 x 10
60 x 10 x 2

Standing curls
35 x too failure

Good raw work. Opted to use some hanging bands, our setup literally lets off about 1" off the chest so there isn't too much assistance with the green bands. the 365 triple I was all over the place, poor grip. Got the triple, but was not a good example of the bench press.

A bit surprised by the weight gain, happy, but surprised. Experienced some added pump in my arms and back. Also, some headache but they could be 100% attributed to work.

Sorrow
11-29-2012, 08:00 PM
11/29/2012
BW: 233
deadlift training
Warm up
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 5
315 x 5
Belt
Add 1.5" board to stand on (working on starting power better leg engagement)
365 x 3
405 x 3 x 4
425 x 3
455 x 3
475 x 2 (knee wobbled decided to stop)

SLDL
using straps
315 x 8 x 3

Lower back is all kinds of knotted up. End of first week. Will start adding in another tab of ultradrol probably in the afternoon, see how the split dose treats me. Also going to add in grape juice to the shopping cart. Ill keep everything else the same.

Average daily cal's this week 2400. With some fluctuations. Only slight acne noticed but that could have also been a result of extra sugars from cookies and what not for the holidays. Its cleared up now.

Sorrow
12-02-2012, 02:05 PM
12/2/2012
Bodyweight: 236
Squat training

Briefs, knee wraps, belt
460 x 2 (high)
550 x 2
660 x 1 (2" high)
710 partial (7-8" of travel)

seated calf press
455 x 15
550 x 15 x 3

Standing calf raise
using belt and pully system (good balance work)
100 x 10 x 4

1.5 mile walk.

Lower back was still a little tight from the deadlift training, but manageable. We were working on conditioning for standing with heavy weight in the squat. There was some light raw work during the warmups but the goal was to get the briefs on and move near maximal weight.
It kind of keeps me in perspective knowing that of my two training partners today, one maxed out at 840, the other was working with 1110. So I stay motivated as I'm almost always playing catch up it seems.

Cycle wise, I've noticed a dramatic increase in appetite which I'm ok with. Probably will get close to 3500 cals a day this week.

Sorrow
12-02-2012, 02:13 PM
11/25/2012
Bodyweight: 230
Squat training
Box squat 1/2 -1" higher then parallel (6 mats)
*we use a monolift, and 60 lbs, thick squat bar. Thats why the weights may look odd compaired to what you may be used too.
Warm up
bar x 3 x 2
150 x 3
240 x 3 add belt
330 x 3
380 x 3 add knee wraps
420 x 3
Add briefs
470 x 3
510 x 3
560 x 2
600 x 1.5 (came up early on second attempt. Head pressure)

Here's some video's from the above squat session

I think this was the 600 lbs
Dukes Iron Zoo/11-25-12 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/rcR_SUramWU)

560 lbs.
Dukes Iron Zoo/11-25-12 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/vs2jG7HrIGk)

Dukes Iron Zoo/11-25-12 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/eT1Wcu6CPk8)

BBG
12-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Impressive strength! Damn that's a sweet looking setup you guys have there too

xxiv
12-02-2012, 03:17 PM
yeah, great set up and great crew. Lifts looked awesome.
I need to get in on a crew like that.

Sorrow
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Impressive strength! Damn that's a sweet looking setup you guys have there too

Thanks, I've always been a fan of the basement/dark hole/barebones

yeah, great set up and great crew. Lifts looked awesome.
I need to get in on a crew like that.

Thanks!
Yeah my last gym we had a weekly super crew where 20+ people would show up just to train the bench, but during the week I was usually left to my own devices and my squat languished. Now I've got a smaller crew but their all strong as hell, stronger then me. Helps keep me hungry.

Sorrow
12-04-2012, 07:20 PM
12/4/2012
Bench day
Body weight: 239
Warmup/raw work
175 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 5 (wobly, weight actually felt too light tonight)
315 x 1 (felt easy)
Bench shirt
54 Metal Bash (set to competition tight, wanted to work on some lockout strength)
All off 2.5" board
405 x 0, no touch (raised bench, pulled up arms)
455 x 1
495 x 1
525 x 1 (best one of the night)
545 x 1 (solid rep with a pause)

Skull crushers
60# x 10 x 3

standing curls
45# x 8
50# x 8
55# x 8, 6

Good night. Felt strong. Feels good to be in the 230's approaching 242 again. Thats one of my old metal bash shirts. Didn't fit right when I went down to 214 earlier this summer. Felt real good tonight. Had some trouble touching early on, but adjusted and got everything else.

Cycle notes, noticed some almost cotton mouth sensation in my throat last few days. Nothing terrible, just like a tingle. Also noticed massive increase in appetite last two days! Anybody who might try something like this I highly recommend they have some protein/fiber snacks around to curb the extra snacking I've had going on. Other then that no real sides to mention. Skin still oily but no more acne. Increase in aggression but more of a added gym intensity not road rage type deal.

Something I do with my preworkout drinks is after taking the two scoops of con-crete, followed by one scoop of jac3k micro, I will eat two or three pieces of whole grain bread. I think this helps calm my stomach and keep the energy more constant then just the drinks alone.

Sorrow
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM
12/6/2012
Deadlift
bodyweight: 240

Raw off the floor
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1

Shrugs (with lifting straps)
315 x 12 x 2

Single arm rows
90 x 8
95 x 8
100 x 8

Standing cable rows
110 x 12
155 x 10 x 2

Lots of handoffs to the guys benching.

Lower back is all knotted up today decided to stop the regular deads and get some accessory work in. The 545 was really smooth. Good raw day over all. And the boys were doing some solid bench work, I basically wound up doing about 8 600 lb rack pulls lol. I had my last business class last night and completed a bog project at work so I'm kinda feeling loose without those extra stresses.

Sorrow
12-07-2012, 04:05 PM
2 weeks in.
I'm adjusting the ultradrol up. So for the next week its going to be 2 in the am and 2 in the pm, approx 2 hours before lifting.
Trenazone still at 1ml.

I have noticed that there is some heat / warmth approx 3 - 4 hours after applying trenazone. I applied it in the afternoon instead of morning yesterday and had about the same feeling, so I'm guessing in my case thats about the time it takes for absorption into my bloodstream.

Scope75
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Very impressive numbers!!
I'll be following along.

Sorrow
12-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Very impressive numbers!!
I'll be following along.

Thanks man!

12/8/2012
upper body blitz
(just a throwback workout to make up for thursday)
@college cardio room, all done on machines no free weights

10 min elliptical warmup

seated overhead press (parallel grip)
100 x 8
125 x 8
150 x 8

seated flies
80 x 8
100 x 8
125 x 8

seated pull downs
100 x 12
140 x 8
160 x 8

seated rows
100 x 8
140 x 8
160 x 8

seated triceps extension
75 x 12
100 x 10
120 x 8 x 2

seated curls
75 x 8
100 x 8
75 x 10 (to failure)

45 min walk with the dog in the park.

Aside from the walk in the park, this whole thing was done in about 50 min so there was a good pace. Definitely got a pump out of it.

Funny story for the day: I was warming up on the elliptical and one of the cute little coeds comes in and gets out of her little running suit and has her shorts on and low cut top. stretches out right in front of me then hops on the other elliptical next to me. (there's only two) Well I'm holding onto the heart rate sensors, so when she does that the number starts climbing. Mind you I was only warming up so the target heart rate was only like 130. Well she starts bouncing around and my heart rate climbed so fast it set off the alarm on the machine telling me to slow down.. she looks over and smiles. Both got a little chuckle out of that one.

If I were Vaynz I could have took my hoodie off and had her drooling, but I'm just a simple powerlifter! lol Did catch her looking in the mirrors a few times though. Always good for the libido! lol

Scope75
12-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks man!

12/8/2012
upper body blitz
(just a throwback workout to make up for thursday)
@college cardio room, all done on machines no free weights

10 min elliptical warmup

seated overhead press (parallel grip)
100 x 8
125 x 8
150 x 8

seated flies
80 x 8
100 x 8
125 x 8

seated pull downs
100 x 12
140 x 8
160 x 8

seated rows
100 x 8
140 x 8
160 x 8

seated triceps extension
75 x 12
100 x 10
120 x 8 x 2

seated curls
75 x 8
100 x 8
75 x 10 (to failure)

45 min walk with the dog in the park.

Aside from the walk in the park, this whole thing was done in about 50 min so there was a good pace. Definitely got a pump out of it.

Funny story for the day: I was warming up on the elliptical and one of the cute little coeds comes in and gets out of her little running suit and has her shorts on and low cut top. stretches out right in front of me then hops on the other elliptical next to me. (there's only two) Well I'm holding onto the heart rate sensors, so when she does that the number starts climbing. Mind you I was only warming up so the target heart rate was only like 130. Well she starts bouncing around and my heart rate climbed so fast it set off the alarm on the machine telling me to slow down.. she looks over and smiles. Both got a little chuckle out of that one.

If I were Vaynz I could have took my hoodie off and had her drooling, but I'm just a simple powerlifter! lol Did catch her looking in the mirrors a few times though. Always good for the libido! lol

Sick story!
Almost makes me wish I was member of a gym just for the girls.
Thinking about it maybe I'll join a gym and just do cardio and get my swole on at home and have everyone thinking I'm getting jacked from cardio. Lol

Now if it was Vaynz it would of been her heart rate going up. Lol

xxiv
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
with my luck I would have fainted.

Coolazice
12-08-2012, 06:39 PM
What part of Ohio are you from, Sorrow?

Sorrow
12-09-2012, 01:04 PM
What part of Ohio are you from, Sorrow?

Canton. How about you?

12/9/2012
Bodyweight 242
Squat training
warm up bar x 5
150 x 3
260 x 3
Belt
350 x 3
Briefs / knee wraps
510 x 2 (high, poor form. Briefs are extremely tight at this bodyweight)
575 x 2 (much better, still high)
Add old metal single ply king squater
660 x 1 (maybe 1/4" high)
Added box. 9 mats
730 x 1

All in all good day, I felt extremely ill this morning. Upset stomach and head congestion. Luckily the head congestion cleared up. Due to the stomach I didn't take any jak3d this morning. Also passed on accessory work today. The goal for this training was too work on getting comfortable with the heavy weight again. I was a little loose with the 730 when I stood up but settled in well.

Eat, rest, get ready to bench tuesday. Injection tomorrow.

On a side note, what would be the best time to get blood work? Idealy it would probably be often, but for my review on this cycle I'm wondering when would be the best time for a single blood draw? Say the last week, or the week after the final dose? Any suggestions?

Coolazice
12-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Canton. How about you?

In a small town about an 1 1/2 North East of you.

VayneZ
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Sick story!
Almost makes me wish I was member of a gym just for the girls.
Thinking about it maybe I'll join a gym and just do cardio and get my swole on at home and have everyone thinking I'm getting jacked from cardio. Lol

Now if it was Vaynz it would of been her heart rate going up. Lol

Man you guys crack me up haha!

Good thing I wasn't there then... interesting way to end up becoming a ''sex-offender''.

''Girl gets heart attack due to careless exposure of muscular physique, by hormone loaded alpha-male''

Rulk
12-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Sorrow, if I may ask- How often do you get sick during the year?

Sorrow
12-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Sorrow, if I may ask- How often do you get sick during the year?
Don't mind at all. Its kinda rare to actually get sick. Maybe once a year if that. However I do have a food allergy that usually results in flu like symptoms followed by throat constriction. I was feeling better after some rest and eating. Back to the normal grind today.
Oh, and not counting the two or three times I go out a year and the resulting hangover's!

12/11/2012
Bench night
Bodyweight 244
Raw
135 x 8
225 x 8
Add wrist wraps
275 x 5
315 x 3
Added hanging green bands (light assistance off the chest)
335 x 2
355 x 2
375 x 2
Added purple's with the greens
405 x 1

Close grip bench
225 x 10
235 x 9 (triceps done)

Pretty good night, went at a fast pace. Was kinda pressed for time after work. Even with both the purple and green bands The lockout was tough, but smooth. I had planned on getting some flies or other chest work in, but sometimes you have to let it go and get what you can.

Sorrow
12-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Quick update, feeling much better. Have noticed my sleep has been somewhat erratic the last couple of days, nothing thats going to cause an impact on my performance when training. Also still have alot of tension in lower back so my lady came over and rubbed some bio-freeze in which helped me loosen up quite a bit.

h2s
12-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Nice benching on your prior update.

Sorrow
12-13-2012, 07:30 PM
12/13/2012
deadlift
Bodyweight 246 lbs

modified deadlift (we started in the standing position with the bar on stands that once we gripped the bar and stood up the sleds were pulled out of the way)

135 x 3
225 x 3
belt
335 x 3
425 x 2
metal king pro deadlifter
515 x 1
565 x 1
605 x 1 (pr)

Shrugs
90# DB's x 20 x 3

Single arm cable rows
50 x 8
75 x 8 x 2

Our first time using our new setup. We have jack stands that we had sleds welded to the feet of se we can pull the stands out of the way. Resulted in an increased amount of time holding the 600lbs and a full range movement. Was also my first time back in my deadlifting suit since the meet. Fits much better at this bodyweight.

Rulk
12-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Quick update, feeling much better. Have noticed my sleep has been somewhat erratic the last couple of days, nothing thats going to cause an impact on my performance when training. Also still have alot of tension in lower back so my lady came over and rubbed some bio-freeze in which helped me loosen up quite a bit.

Sorrow, do you use a cpap? Your pretty big and would benefit from it I think.

Sorrow
12-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Honestly no, I haven't looked into cpap.

Sorrow
12-16-2012, 08:49 PM
No training today, actualy had my graduation to go to. I went back for a Bachelors in management last year and finished it up with honors so today was a non training day. Ill be back at it tuesday.

Scope75
12-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Congrats man!!

h2s
12-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Congrats man!!

X2.

Sorrow
12-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Congrats man!!

X2.

Thanks guys!

xxiv
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
No training today, actualy had my graduation to go to. I went back for a Bachelors in management last year and finished it up with honors so today was a non training day. Ill be back at it tuesday.

congratulations.

Sorrow
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
congratulations.

Thanks man!

Back at it..
12/18/2012
Bench session
Body weight: 248
Raw
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 1
335 x 1
355 x 1 (PR)
365 x 1 (PR) (elbows flaired but got it back under control. No issue with the weight)

Shirt work
54 metal bash
405 x - couldnt get the shirt to break
495 x - same just too tight after getting pumped from the raw work
56 metal jack shirt
495 x 1 (3" board)
505 x 1 (2.5" board)

Laying down tricep extensions
25 lbs x 10
45 lbs x 10
65 lbs x 10 x 2

Any day you PR is a good day in my book. About 11 weeks out from next meet. About time to pick which gear and start transitioning into getting ready for the meet.

Sorrow
12-20-2012, 08:13 PM
12/20/2012
deadlift
bodyweight 246
warm up
135 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
added 1" mat to stand on
405 x 3
Added metal king pro deadlifter
455 x 3 (straps down)
495 x 2 (straps up, second was a stiff leg unfortunately)
495 x 1 (stayed at that weight to make sure I did it right, then the strap slipped off and caught my right arm pretty good on the way down)
515 x 1
545 x 1

10 second deadlifts
225 x 5 x 2 (5 seconds up, 5 seconds down)

single arm rows
90 lbs x 8 each

situps

Wanted to work on my starting power, so added the 1" mat to the floor. Also worked out as I got some training in my suit again. Its always good to learn to work my way down to the bar with my straps up, the added inch made it that much harder. And every little bit helps. I did catch my arm early on which I cut short the single arm rows. The 10 sec. deadlifts were more intense then I expected. Deffinately added some time and tension in, really tested my grip.

Cycle note, last day is today, I'll do a review and measurements in the morning when everything is cold.

Rulk
12-20-2012, 09:09 PM
10 second deads sound easy, but I bet they are pretty damn hard. Once I start deadlifting again I will have to try those. Sounds simple, but I never thought of it. Glad I saw this in your log, Sorrow.

Sorrow
12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah I wasn't expecting as much burn as I was getting. May have been that I had just finished the normal dead work, but it was a solid finisher for today. My lifting coach kinda threw that one at me as I was suiting up.

Sorrow
12-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Cycle review

Trenazone/Ultradrol/test cyph (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplement-reviews/483-trenazone-ultradrol-test-cyph.html#post6926)

Sorrow
12-23-2012, 02:13 PM
12/23/2012
Squat day (8 chains 15lbs ea. = 100 -120lbs at the top)
Body weight 245
warmup
bar x 5 x 2
Bar + chains x 5
110 + chains x 5
150 + chains x 5
240 + chains x 5
Add Metal Jack suit
330 + chains x 2
420 + chains x 2
510 + chains x 2 (straps up loose)
600 + chains x 1 (straps tighter then layover)
640 + chains x 1 (straps same)

situps with 20lbs weight behind head
8 x 2

Interesting day. The chains with me under the bar were mostly off the floor maybe 1 or 2 links laying. Thus notsure if I would call it 100 or 120. Either way it was good to handle that kind of weight in just my suit. I didnt even mess with adding my briefs. Untill I get my weight back down to 242 or less I dont think my gear combo will fit/work. But hey to rock what would be a pr I'll take that. I guess it was an early christmas gift from the powerlifting santa! The goal going forward is to have every session end with some weight over 700 on my back while I build up my tolerence.

Sorrow
12-26-2012, 04:07 PM
12/26/2012
Make up bench session
Body weight (bloated from christmas)
warm up
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 1
Metal jack bench shirt
365 x 2 3.5" board
415 x 2 2.5" board
475 x 1 2"
525 x 1 1" board (slooooooow grind)

Floor press with black mini band over bar
135 x 8 (1 band)
185 x 8 (1 band)
225 x 8 (1 band)
225 x 8 (2 bands)

Make up day for not lifting christmas day. The shirt was very tight today, mostly due to the over eating at christmas. Got the 525 down but it took about all I had this morning to get it back up. Nice snow storm going on. Overall a productive day. Decided to do only the floor presses for accessory work today. Tomorrow is deadlift day so didn't want to over due it.

VayneZ
12-26-2012, 04:40 PM
With all that eating, you felt stronger? More thermogenic going that heavy?

Sorrow
12-26-2012, 05:07 PM
mostly just bloated! lol. I do feel more stable in my heavy lifts at a heavier bodyweight. I also feel (and have documented through tracking my own workouts over the years) that my recovery times are improved from being heavier. Not necessarily lean. It also dramatically alters how powerlifting gear works.

Sorrow
12-27-2012, 09:36 PM
12/27/2012
Deadlift
Body weight 246
Dead lift against bands from the bottom
135 x 3
185 x 3 (1 band)
225 x 3 (1 band)
225 x 3 (2 bands)
275 x 3 (2 bands)
add metal king pro deadlifter
275 x 2 (2 bands)
315 x 2 (2 bands)
405 x 0 (couldn't get my grip)

Standing shrugs
275 x 15 x 3

Standing single arm rows
90 lbs x 8 x 3

1 hour shoveling snow...

I tore open my hand at work today, have a bad calus at the base of my right index finger that tends to tear open. I should have sanded it down before lifting today. Also had a-lot of snow to shovel. Wasn't planning on going all that heavy tonight as I was following a bench day yesterday and work. Still wanted to train on getting down to the bar in my deadlift suit some more. I used lifting straps today which made it troublesome to get my grip. The bands added around 100- 140 lbs of extra force at the top of the lift.

Sorrow
12-30-2012, 01:26 PM
12/30/2012
Squat day
Box and bands(green bands from the bottom, at least 120 lbs at my height)box 5 mats -1" parallel
Body weight 245.7
warmup
150 x 3
150 x 3 + bands
240 x 3 + bands
add knee wraps
330 x 2 + bands
420 x 1 + bands
Add Metal Jack suit (straps down)(add 2 mats = +1" parallel)
510 + bands x 1
600 + bands x 1 (straps up loose)
690 x 1 (no bands) (straps same)

static hold (in full gear)
780 x 8 seconds

leg press
405 x 8
495 x 8 x 2

close stance press (working glutes/hamstrings)
495 x 8
585 x 5
675 x 5

Decent training session. We were a little light on spotters today but still got in what I wanted in my suit. The bands from the bottom were brutal. Wound up leaving them off when I worked up to a max. The box was mostly to start fine tuning my depth. Went up too 7 mats in the suit which is still 2 mats less then what I did previously so I'm still going in the right direction. Then did a solid 8 second hold. Still working on conditioning myself to handle over 700 on my back. Decent accessory work. Again I have no idea how much the sled on our leg press is but I got a good burn going.

xxiv
12-30-2012, 03:17 PM
crazy looking session, that is some serious weight.

Sorrow
01-01-2013, 06:57 PM
1/1/2013
body weight: 245
Bench training.
warm up
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 2
Add Metal jack bench shirt
405 x 2 2.5" board
455 x 1 1.5" board
505 x 1 1" board
525 x 1 1" board

Close grip floor press
175 x 10
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 10
245 x 10

bare bones bench session to kick off 2013. The 505 and 525 were smooth and good. You'll notice the closer I get to the competition I'll limit my raw work while I work on perfecting my bench technique. Also was feeling warn down from sundays squat and snow shoveling.. oh and new years partying... So only the one accessory exercise today but I did feel a good amount of work done on my triceps.

All in all I feel great kicking off this year this way!

milehighguy
01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Excellent log and some impressive numbers...

VayneZ
01-02-2013, 02:26 AM
Feeling stronger throughout PCT? or much the same? Numbers are very impressive

Sorrow
01-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Feeling stronger throughout PCT? or much the same? Numbers are very impressive

Somewhat weaker, its easy to cover up as I'm using powerlifting gear. But, with bench for instance while I feel I've retained most of the top end max strength I built I did loose some midrange rep power. IE 4 sets of 315 would probably be too much right now where as 3 weeks ago I could power through it.

I believe (warning this could be viewed as bro science) That while your muscles can be forced to generate more power rather rapidly, your joints and ligaments take much longer to condition to the new loads. This is where the gear helps, as well as some patience. Muscles can be anabolicly induced, electrically stimulated, or through other pathways forced to make more powerful contractions. However the body has other things that limit maximum output. So while you may see me do what appear to be ultra heavy partials, holds, board work. The reality is I'm looking for 10 - 20 lbs over the course of year in a given lift. Gear can and will add to this but without the skill to handle it you wont perform the lifts correctly. Use as many plies as you wish, and whatever anabolics you wish, there is still maximums to how much you can grow and improve and you will get injured trying to push too far, too hard, too fast.
Lay the most most bad ass tripple ply, scoop neck, open back bench shirt on earth on a bench, set the bar up for 135 lbs and see if that bench shirt can press the weight.. it can't. Its still the person. Same as the driver of a sports car, or the athlete swinging the bat. For a corked bat to make the ball go farther someone still has to have the skill to target the ball and time the swing!
...I'll get off my soap box now, sorry. Had someone ask me a ton of retarded questions at work today.

The biggest thing is the reduced recovery. I'm feeling the wear and tear this week. Which is fine I had planned on slowing down as I go into my meet preparation, but it is rather obvious (to me at least) My body weight seems to be somewhat stable slight shift upward in bodyfat but not enough to make me go oh shit yet. I'll take measurements again this weekend as I round out week two. Just for reference.

Thanks man!

Sorrow
01-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Excellent log and some impressive numbers...

Thanks! Nice to have your feedback

Sorrow
01-03-2013, 09:53 PM
1/3/2012
body weight 245.6

rack pulls (set at my knee cap height)
225 x 5
315 x 3
belt
405 x 3
495 x 3
585 x 3
635 x 1
675 x 0 (felt caluss tearing and stopped)

standing shrugs
315 x 10 x 2
365 x 10

Hammer Curls
45 x 8 each
50 x 8
55 x 8

Didn't want to pull of the floor today. Figured rack pulls were a good alternative to full deadlifts, considering what my squats have been recently. I'm happy my body weight has stayed stable last 2 weeks. I had the 675 started but when the grip starts to go, it goes. I need to grind down some of the dead skin again so i can get a better starting grip. All and all still got a decent workout in. Since this was top end work I didn't see the need to wear my suit. Now two days of rest.

VayneZ
01-04-2013, 09:29 AM
9 More days and I'll be in PCT myself. I'm debating whether or not to train the first week or just rest. Hopefully I don't gain too much bodyfat though, either way as soon as it's done, I'm going on a hardcore shredding routine

Sorrow
01-05-2013, 12:18 PM
9 More days and I'll be in PCT myself. I'm debating whether or not to train the first week or just rest. Hopefully I don't gain too much bodyfat though, either way as soon as it's done, I'm going on a hardcore shredding routine

I'd say keep training. I think that the body wouldn't react well to the loss of anabolics and a pause in training. I suggest something along the lines of a deload week. But with the amazing condition your in you may not even need that!

Sorrow
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
1/6/2012
bad squat day
bodyweight 246 (bloated)

Squat
bar x 5 x 2
150 x 3
260 x 3
350 x 3
Inzer predator briefs
510 x 2
550 x 2
add metal jack squat suit
640 x 0 (the gear was so tight my right leg went numb)
remove suit
650 x 0 (not counting it, was about 3" high of parallel)

Just not dialed in today. Didn't sleep well, ate nearly a whole loaded pizza and had the left overs first thing this morning. Just run down. Lost my temper on the last one to make things even worse. The gear I have was a good fit when I weighed in at 217, its way to tight at 245 to be used together. Going forward I will be using only the suit. Didn't quite have all the feeling back in my leg so passed on accessory work.

h2s
01-06-2013, 03:49 PM
The off days happen, I wouldn't fret. You are a beast.

Sorrow
01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
1/8/2013
Bench
body weight 245
warmup
165 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 1
Add jack bench shirt
405 x 1 2.5" board
455 x 1 1" board
475 x 1 chest
505 x 1 1.5" board
535 x 1 1.5" board

flat bench no arch
225 x 10
close grip
225 x 8 x 3

Laying cable skull crushers
25 lbs x 10
70 lbs x 10 x 3

Sorrow
01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Back at it..
12/18/2012
Bench session
Raw
365 x 1 (PR) (elbows flaired but got it back under control. No issue with the weight)

Dukes Iron Zoo/12-18-2012 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/45BWEESx61s)

the 730 high box squat

Dukes Iron Zoo/12-09-2012 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/3OXPAkjONMM)

VayneZ
01-10-2013, 04:26 PM

the 730 high box squat

Your name's Tim?

Dude, beast!!! awesome

Sorrow
01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Yep, that's me. Thanks man! Much appreciated!

1/10/2013
setback
Had a filling come out last night and got nearly no sleep last night. Apparently have a crack in your tooth down to the nerve hurts! 4+ hours of emergency dental work and I'm pain free but missed training tonight.. hate when that happens. Also have some antibiotics/painkiller meds to take for the next 3 days. Hopefully Ill catch up on my sleep and get a good session in sunday.

On a good note though I am officially entered in the sunday open XPC meet at the Arnold Sports festival here in ohio! Going for expert in the 242 open multiply div. (1840 lbs total) But of course my primary goal is to continue to improve, so as long as I manage some nice PR's and represent my crew I'll be happy! So far there's two of us entered in the 242lbs class.

Scope75
01-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Dental problems suck big time.
Watch the pain killers because most will make it hard to take a shit. Lol

Sorrow
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
yeah the sucky part is I started dialing in my diet this week then boom, shooting pain caused me to miss 4 meals. Oh well at least they were able to get me today. I'm thankful for that.

xxiv
01-10-2013, 08:09 PM
i feel your pain, I had a root canal 2 days ago.

BBG
01-10-2013, 08:25 PM

the 730 high box squat

At what age did you transform into a viking? haha

Nice job man!

Scope75
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
yeah the sucky part is I started dialing in my diet this week then boom, shooting pain caused me to miss 4 meals. Oh well at least they were able to get me today. I'm thankful for that.

You don't have to tell me about that man. I was finishing up a 10 mile home and killed my ankle half mile from the end and my truck.
Diet and cardio where getting dialed and now both aren't.

Sorrow
01-11-2013, 05:09 PM
At what age did you transform into a viking? haha

Nice job man!

Thanks! Around 27 I'd say lol Actually when I first got out of the military I had a rather healthy beard. Not nearly as muscular though.

You don't have to tell me about that man. I was finishing up a 10 mile home and killed my ankle half mile from the end and my truck.
Diet and cardio where getting dialed and now both aren't.

Yeah then of course I get called in to work at 10:30 pm and was there till nearly 5 am, crash for a few hours then right back in at 11am. No rest for the wicked.

Scope75
01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm taking this weekend completely off from everything but cooking and eating.
I'll be baking a bunch of taste treats too.

Sorrow
01-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Hell yeah, R&R while some minor aches and pains subside, but I plan on being back at it sunday.
Cooking some au gratin pizza today. A specialty recipe of mine ;)

Scope75
01-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Hell yeah, R&R while some minor aches and pains subside, but I plan on being back at it sunday.
Cooking some au gratin pizza today. A specialty recipe of mine ;)

Yeah I'll probably get out and hit deads on Sunday because not hitting deads or squats is killing me.

Sorrow
01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
So last night around 11:20 I get a call from my kid brother that he was in an accident got his rear end taken off by some chick trying to run a light. So me and my old lady are at the scene till around 1:30 am, then she gets up to go to church so I was a little tired today. Still got what I consider a good session in trying to get my squats back on track after last week and get the momentum going.

1/13/2013
Squat day
Body weight 242.3 lbs
warm ups
150 x 5 (ass to grass)
240 x 5 (same good stretch)
350 x 3 to parallel (add belt)

Add box (box + 5 mats = right at parallel for me)
460 x 2 (with wraps)

Add metal jack suit
550 x 2 (straps down)

remove 1 mat (box + 4 mats = 1.5" bellow parallel approx)
630 x 1 good (with light straps up) Felt like a good opener at the meet

Add hanging blue bands, and mat back (Box + 5 mats = parallel)
730 x 1 (straps up)
780 x 1 (straps up)

Ended day there, no accessory work today.
The 630 felt like a good opener, just enough for me to get depth with just a layover on my straps. Being at 242 today makes me even more confident that I'm in a good place training wise. I'd still like to carry a few more lbs maybe stay at 245-246 but its always good to have a feel for how your gear will fit at your competition weight. The 780 I came forward a little and had to fight for it but thats good training, one of the reasons I like the box/hanging bands combo is there's no question when it comes to judging depth, and the bands will help you out of the hole. But they wont help you lock out or stand with the weight, that way you can use a lighter band each week and condition your joints and central nervous system for the new heavier loads. While actually doing a full range of motion squat.

Now to relax for a few.

Scope75
01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Sick workout and numbers!!!!

Sorrow
01-15-2013, 07:45 PM
1/15/2013
bench
body weight 242.3

warmup
165 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 2 2.5" board
455 x 1 1.5" board
475 x 1 chest (with pause)
515 x 1 1" board
545 x 1 2" board

close grip bench press
225 x 8
235 x 8
235 x 6 (tricep failure)

Continuing to dial in and perfect my opener. Felt kinda hungry for some reason despite having my usual lunch (tuna). Everything still went well and fit pretty good. Also was at competition weight so no worries about my shirt fitting.

Sorrow
01-17-2013, 08:31 PM
1/17/2013
deadlift
body weight: 241lbs
straight off the floor
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 2
add metal king pro deadlift
495 x 1
525 x 1
555 x 1

shrugs
315 x 12 x 3

Felt good getting this one in. Had one more follow up dentist appointment with a filling at 3pm so straight from the dentist to the deadlift today! Also was low on food but it all worked out. Didn't want to push on to 605 tonight, give my self a chance to heal a little.

All and all training is going good and I'm right on pace for the meet.

Sorrow
01-20-2013, 01:57 PM
1/20/2013
Squat day
Body weight 241.0 lbs
warm ups
150 x 5
240 x 3

Add box (box + 5 mats = right at parallel for me)
400 x 2 (with wraps)

Add metal jack suit
550 x 1 (straps down)
630 x 1 good (with light straps up) (projected opener at the meet)

Add hanging green bands, (Box + 5 mats = parallel)
680 x 1 (straps up)
750 x 1 (straps up) (+1 mat on box)

Close stance leg press
8 plates x 5
10 plates x 5
12 plates x 5

Good feeling session. Big crew including some visitors from elite. Also have another of my training partners entered into the march 3rd meet, so now there's three of us. All of us were working on our openers today on the squat. I have to admit I was a little worried in that my briefs do not fit so I'm going suit only, but honestly its fitting incredibly well right now so still expecting some nice PR's come march! Important thing is not to over due it, need to make sure I have time to properly recover between sessions.

Scope75
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Damn bro!!
That's all I can say.

Sorrow
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks man! Just trying to stay the course

Sorrow
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
1/22/2013
bench
body weight 242.1

warmup
165 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 2 1.5 board
455 x 1 1 board
475 x 1 chest (with pause)
535 x 1 1.5 board
550 x 1 2 board

laying cable skull crushers
55 x 8 x 3

Staying nice and consistent. Had good power on the 550. The isolation on the cable skull crushers felt good and smooth. Maybe not a lot of weight but helped put that extra on top after the final single. Next week should be a raw week. Shoulder could use a break. Don't want to risk overdoing it at this point. Plus that will give me about 3 training weeks leading straight up to the meet.

Sorrow
01-24-2013, 08:43 PM
1/24/2013
Body weight: 242.3
reverse Deadlift
warmup
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3
Add Metal king pro deadlifter
setup stands for reverse deadlifts
495 x 1
565 x 1
615 x 1

stiff leg deadlifts
315 x 8
365 x 5

standing single arm rows
90 x 8 x 3

Bad day, but a good session. Funny how that works out. The reverse deadlifts allow me to tighten the suit up more then normal to get used to it.

Just a few more training weeks then I put it on the line

Rodja
01-25-2013, 08:38 AM
No briefs under the suit?

Sorrow
01-25-2013, 04:41 PM
No briefs under the suit?

Nope, now that I'm back to 242 lbs their too tight. Didn't think I had enough time to properly break in a new pair for this meet, and I doubt they'd fit under my squat suit anyways.

Sorrow
01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Video updates:
1/22/2013
550 lbs bench off boards
Dukes Iron Zoo/1-22-2013 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/rl1BeINYGWI)

535 off boards
Dukes Iron Zoo/1-22-2013 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/lP8aTw8_W6M)

475 opener for meet (this one was slightly wobbly)
Dukes Iron Zoo/1-22-2013 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/bUU6adjjsO0)

Squat
1/20/2013
750 with green assistance
Dukes Iron Zoo Jan 2013 046 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/dNlaTDPIPIQ)

690 with green assist
Dukes Iron Zoo Jan 2013 043 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/-5JQrJ2xEQ0)

630 (projected opener for meet)
Dukes Iron Zoo Jan 2013 038 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/LDLlJ4tTMLU)

780 with blue band from 2 weeks ago, you can see where I leaned forward a bit but strugled for the recovery and finished it.
Dukes Iron Zoo/1-13-2013 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/cGDHA_5zKh4)

Scope75
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Beast mode!!!

Rodja
01-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Nope, now that I'm back to 242 lbs their too tight. Didn't think I had enough time to properly break in a new pair for this meet, and I doubt they'd fit under my squat suit anyways.

I'm right there with you except I can fit in a pair of single ply Centurion briefs. I can get my Pro briefs under my Ace when I'm about 210, but I'm sitting closer to 225 right now.

Sorrow
01-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah I could fit my predators under my jack suit when I was 217, around 230 it took forever to get them on and I was almost completely bound up after I did get them on. I'm much happier at this heavier weight though so I'll be doing some shopping after tax's are done.

Rodja
01-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah I could fit my predators under my jack suit when I was 217, around 230 it took forever to get them on and I was almost completely bound up after I did get them on. I'm much happier at this heavier weight though so I'll be doing some shopping after tax's are done.

I'm with you on all of this. Taking off the briefs and suit after I pulled on Wednesday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMs4PUdOT9s) was another workout for me, but that extra layer gave enough extra support to keep me really tight and in the groove.

Sorrow
01-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm with you on all of this. Taking off the briefs and suit after I pulled on Wednesday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMs4PUdOT9s) was another workout for me, but that extra layer gave enough extra support to keep me really tight and in the groove.

Absolutely! Thats actually what I miss at the moment, is having that extra support to help keep me steady and in the groove. I've never managed to get the most out of my deadlifting gear, but its extremely evident when I squat.

Sorrow
01-27-2013, 01:53 PM
1/27/2013
Squat day
Body weight 241 lbs
warm ups
150 x 5 (ass to grass)
240 x 5 (same good stretch)
Add box (box + 5 mats)
400 x 3 to parallel (add wraps)
Add metal jack suit
500 x 2 (straps down)
550 x 1 (straps up loose)
630 x 1 (straps same)
add another mat (box + 6 mats)
690 x 1 (straps up)
710 x 1 (straps up) cut it close though

Good day, was more of a progress check then anything else. No assistance, did add a mat so I didn't over do it after dead lifting thursday. Probably go 630 1st attempts, 680 second, and 710- 725 3rd at the meet. Depends on how I'm feeling on the third. In the end things are going good so far.

Sorrow
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM
1/30/2012
Bench day
body weight 241

warm up
135 x 8
225 x 3
315 x 3

Add jack bench shirt
405 x 2 2.5 board
475 x 1 2 board
495 x 1 2 board (shoulder pain)

floor press with light assist from hanging purple and grip slightly inside the rings
225 x 12
315 x 5
365 x 3

Not really part of the plan tonight, we switched bench days but that really wasn't the issue. If I don't arch high enough I dont hit the groove right and it causes alot of torque on my shoulder. Which I was trying to avoid tonight. Nothing to serious I think I'll be fine just ice and heat to relax the muscles this week.

Sorrow
01-31-2013, 07:37 PM
1/31/2013
deadlift
body weight 242.0

warm up
135 x5
225 x 5
added black mini's doubled over the bar (50-60 lbs band tension at lockout)
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
Add metal king pro deadlifter
475 x 2
525 x 1 (projected opener for meet)
550 x 1

pull throughs
60 x 10
105 x 15 x 2

Good solid night. The bands added around 50-60lbs at the top. So I felt real good hitting my opener with that extra. The second was just cause my lifting partner did it, so I decided to do it too. Felt real good tonight actually. Would love to finish the meet with over 600# in my hands. Its just been one of those things that seems to come and go with me. I can consistantly raw deadlift 550 with my conventional stance in the gym, but with suit on at a meet I just seem to fall apart for some reason. But this has been a good training cycle for me.

Sorrow
02-03-2013, 01:00 PM
2/3/2013
Squat day
Body weight 238 lbs
warm ups
150 x 5
240 x 5
350 x 3 (add belt)
420 x 2 (add wraps)
Add metal jack suit
520 x 2 (straps down)
580 x 1 (straps up loose)
630 x 1 (straps up)
700 x 1 (straps up) Hanging green bands

belt squats
50 x 10
75 x 10
125 x 10

Solid day, was a little bit faster pace then normal. I'm getting ready for my grandmothers birthday lunch/dinner then football. Going forward no more box work, so everything is to an up call from a training partner. All went well. The 630 was at least 1" bellow parallel. Added the hanging greens for the 700 as a precaution. I don't want to wear myself out now that Im a month away from the competition. Also you'll notice the overall volume goes down, and the accessory work is getting phased out. The belt squats did allow for a nice smooth deep motion after the heavier squats. Weight was down due to not eating enough yesterday was running around all day doing errands and snow related stuff so I burned a few extra calories. No worries just means I can eat more tonight!

Sorrow
02-06-2013, 09:57 PM
2/6/2012
Bench day
body weight 241.3

warm up
135 x 5
Add chains (+70 lbs)
225 x 3
250 x 3

(No more chain work)
Add jack bench shirt
405 x 2 2 board
455 x 1 1 board
475 x 1
515 x 1 2 board

floor press with purple doubled over bar and grip slightly inside the rings
135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 5

Good work, shoulder still not 100% but its better then last week. Last week for accessory work. NExt week will be straight weight. Some of the guys were focusing on their lockout this week, thus the chain work. But for me its more important to continue to build my familiarity with my shirt as this will be my first competition in it.

Sorrow
02-07-2013, 07:11 PM
2/7/2013
Deadlift
body weight: 243.4

one and a halfs (normal setup off the floor, start pull like normal but stop just above the knee cap, lower weight back to the floor, then perform one full rep to lockout, thats 1)
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 5

Rack pulls from just bellow knee cap (no belt, with lifting straps)
425 x 5
515 x 5

Was a good workout, fast pace too, Took us about an hour to roll all the way through. Didn't do any max weight work but still worked on something I've been bad at (slow off the floor)
My sleep has been off this week and I had really high BP this morning so I'm glad I have fri and sat to settle down. Plus Im taking my lady to go see Ron White tomorrow so that should be a good time.

DJM
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
ron white
nice

weekend
02-07-2013, 07:56 PM
2/7/2013
Deadlift
body weight: 243.4

one and a halfs (normal setup off the floor, start pull like normal but stop just above the knee cap, lower weight back to the floor, then perform one full rep to lockout, thats 1)
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 5

Rack pulls from just bellow knee cap (no belt, with lifting straps)
425 x 5
515 x 5

Was a good workout, fast pace too, Took us about an hour to roll all the way through. Didn't do any max weight work but still worked on something I've been bad at (slow off the floor)
My sleep has been off this week and I had really high BP this morning so I'm glad I have fri and sat to settle down. Plus Im taking my lady to go see Ron White tomorrow so that should be a good time.

i do one and a halfs with squats... deadlifts sound awesome.

Sorrow
02-07-2013, 09:06 PM
ron white
nice
yes and I believe I'll have a drink or two as well.. no cigar though. lol I love it when they bring a headliner to my town.

i do one and a halfs with squats... deadlifts sound awesome.

Interesting, I will have to try that after the meet. I bet thats brutal!

Rodja
02-07-2013, 09:20 PM
What are your other projected openers?

Sorrow
02-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Squat 630
bench 475
dead 525

All nice and easy, then take decent jumps based on how I'm performing that day.

Sorrow
02-10-2013, 04:59 PM
2/10/2013
bodyweight 244.1
Squat
warm up
Equiped squat
Jack suit
530 x 2 Straps down
580 x 1 straps up loose
640 x 1 straps loose
700 x 1 little tighter straps

Last "training day" no accessory work. Next week will be just some warm up followed by opener then rest up till the meet.

Side note Ron White is the shit live! If you get the chance to see his show go! I may have had a few more beers friday night then I intended but no real damage judging by performance today. Just mild hangover saturday morning.

Well roll on, just a few short weeks left.

Sorrow
02-13-2013, 08:08 PM
2/13/2013
bodyweight 244.4
bench
warm up
Equiped bench
Jack Bench shirt
405 x 2 2board
455 x 1 1board
480 x 1 chest
505 x 1 chest

Last bench training day, next week is just last warm up or opener. Was really tired due to work. But felt solid. The 505 went real well, kind of surprised me a little as I really didnt feel all that fired up tonight! Tomorrow hit some deadlifts.. then go surprise the old lady for vday. Should be some good "cardio"

Sorrow
02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
2/14/2013
bodyweight 244.9
deadlift
warm up
Add Metal King deadlifter pro
455 x 1 straps down
525 x 1 straps up
575 x 1

Nice smooth fast pulls. The 575 felt great, little to no strain. 17 days out.

VayneZ
02-15-2013, 08:20 AM
You keep getting heavier. You believe most of it is muscle? Since you can see yourself in the mirror. I belief you feel way stronger now, fully recovered from the last cycle, right?

Sorrow
02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
You keep getting heavier. You believe most of it is muscle? Since you can see yourself in the mirror. I belief you feel way stronger now, fully recovered from the last cycle, right?

Well there was a dip in there where I slipped down to almost 237 for a few days, then I tried to adjust my cals up to stay as close to 242 as possible. Wound up over doing it last week and instead of avg 2600 cals a day I avg 3000. Body weight went back up to almost 245. Also happened to be when I got my injection for HRT, so there was some bloat going on.

For the most part I am still way ahead of where I was the last time I competed at 242. And I'm at a much butter body fat %. I'm guessing probably close to 21% or less. Which is high as hell compared to all you ripped mofo's! lol but Its good for me. I have lost some top end since the cycle, but Not as much as I expected. I think HRT was a huge factor in that. Also there's been some lethargy but that has been fading. I'm due for another injection monday so if everything keeps going in this direction I should be completely healed and ready to go!

- - - Updated - - -

VayneZ
02-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Completely forgot you were on HRT! How long have you been on it? And for what exact reason again?? I have a good friend in Philly who's gonna start HRT soon, since he had been suffering from bad insonmia and seizures due to epilepsy for awhile, and he's been feeling REALLY depressed lately, went to see a specialist, they checked his test levels and now they're assigning him on a regular routine of HRT.

Sorrow
02-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Been on it for close to 10 months now I believe, not real sure off the top of my head. The first two or three months was just a monthly injection while my doc assessed me for any possible sides.

For me there was lethargy, to the point where I would sleep everyday after work for an hour just to get through the rest of the night. And it was never restful deep sleep. There was also this dull feeling, like not really being able to completely focus on things, memory impairment. And, the final thing was my recovery times started getting much longer. All of that cleared up on a modest 150 every 2 weeks. Will be going to 200 every 2 next month though.

burlyman30
02-16-2013, 12:44 PM
No doubt you'll appreciate the modest increase in dosage. On your every two week schedule, how many days until you feel yourself jonesing for the next injection?

Sorrow
02-16-2013, 11:23 PM
No doubt you'll appreciate the modest increase in dosage. On your every two week schedule, how many days until you feel yourself jonesing for the next injection?

At this point I'm good for about a week and a half. Maybe 10 days give or take. When Im stressed at work and pushing the lifts it seems like its only good for a week. Its kind of odd, feels like I have a given amount that I almost "use up". Then I start feeling low. Overall its been a very good thing for me both physically with my recovery and in my personal life. I guess my biggest concern at this point is my body getting even more shut down, I'd like to retain as much natural test production as possible.

Sorrow
02-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Some random vids that got uploaded.

The 365 with some band assist floor press

Dukes Iron Zoo/1-30-13 063 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/X77JmkT4hdk)

550 board press in bench shirt

Dukes Iron Zoo/1-22-2013 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/rl1BeINYGWI)

750 box squat green assist

Dukes Iron Zoo Jan 2013 046 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/dNlaTDPIPIQ)

burlyman30
02-17-2013, 12:49 AM
At this point I'm good for about a week and a half. Maybe 10 days give or take. When Im stressed at work and pushing the lifts it seems like its only good for a week. Its kind of odd, feels like I have a given amount that I almost "use up". Then I start feeling low. Overall its been a very good thing for me both physically with my recovery and in my personal life. I guess my biggest concern at this point is my body getting even more shut down, I'd like to retain as much natural test production as possible.

You are on TRT now... unless you have plans to ever come off it, you need not be concerned with shutdown. You just need the numbers in the right range. At this point forward, it doesn't matter if the testosterone is coming from your testicles or the syringe. The R in TRT is for Replacement, which is what it is intended to do. After 10 months on TRT, I'd venture to say your testicles are done producing any testosterone at all. If you can, see if you can get the doc to let you do weekly shots instead of every two weeks. You'll feel more "even".

Sorrow
02-17-2013, 07:32 AM
true. I'm just stubborn I guess. Spent such a long time trying to compete natural. Which was a bit of an insult as I knew guys at the same "drug free" competitions that were on cycle.

But, you are correct. I need to accept that this is how it is and enjoy the stability its given me so far. That is my end game, injecting weekly.

burlyman30
02-17-2013, 11:06 AM
true. I'm just stubborn I guess. Spent such a long time trying to compete natural. Which was a bit of an insult as I knew guys at the same "drug free" competitions that were on cycle.

But, you are correct. I need to accept that this is how it is and enjoy the stability its given me so far. That is my end game, injecting weekly.

Keep in mind... you aren't on cycle here. Guys on cycle will have test levels in excess of 2400.... not your normal range.

h2s
02-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Keep in mind... you aren't on cycle here. Guys on cycle will have test levels in excess of 2400.... not your normal range.

Very true. Big difference between effective TRT levels and bodybuilder levels.

Sorrow
02-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, and I'm not ruling out a true cycle in the future. Something past the prohormones I recently tried. Though that cycle did in my opinion a wonderful job for what it was.

2/17/2013
last squat before the meet
body weight 244.2

warm up
add metal Jack suit
510 x 2 straps down
580 x 1 straps up loose
640 x 1 straps same

training partner said I was a good 2" deeper then I needed to be. No issues with the weight whatsoever. Now I just have to wait and heal up. Bench opener thursday.

Sorrow
03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
So basically didn't do any training for the last 9 days. Did my bench opener last. I'm a gym rat so I miss lifting already but its for the greater good! Weigh ins are tomorrow, were heading out of town around 7 am so I've been fasting since around noon today just as a precaution. I've literally been right at the cut off all week (242.5) And I like weighing 2 -3 lbs under on my home scale just to be safe. Just got a shower and reweighed and Im down to 240.5. So now I can relax a little tonight! lol Broke down and took some progress pics. Again Im no body builder! If I had to guess I'd say I'm at 20% body fat possibly high teens. My scale's a bit off compared to an actual bod pod I've had access too but it still provides a rate of change. Anyways so yeah here's a typical fat powerlifter (according to my friends 15 year old daughter)

Coolazice
03-01-2013, 08:28 PM
That's a reasonably lean build for a power lifter... Leaner than I expected you'd be.

burlyman30
03-02-2013, 01:44 AM
That's a reasonably lean build for a power lifter... Leaner than I expected you'd be.

x2. You look great. Us older guys have to work a bit harder to fight father time, but it is all worth it. Too many guys get completely out of shape once nature takes hold.

Sorrow
03-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks fellas! Yeah I keep getting some new grey hairs pointed out to me! lol its all good. I do try and maintain some overall balance to my physic. For me my legs easily grow and I cary lots of weight in hips and thighs. So during my rebuild period for the next 2-3 months I basicly train more like a traditional bodybuilder and try and get any lagging body parts or under developed muscles going at least a little.

Officially weighed in at 239.5 lbs
Am registered 242 open, non-expert xpc powerlifting international open.
When I total expert I will automatically be moved into the expert category and be placed against those guys!
Should be a long day, 60 lifters plus a bench only invetational so I may not update till monday depending on when I get home.

Sorrow
03-04-2013, 08:26 AM
XPC open yesterday (sun 3/3/2013)
They used kilos which tends to throw me off, so when the reults get posted I may be +or- a lb or 2
242 lbs multi open
squat (metal jack suit)
633 good
680 good (PR)
722 bad,
I was eyeing my total instead of just a solid showing. They also were not doing me any favors on depth! Which is just fine. Once the videos are posted I think you'll agree my lifts would be passed anywhere.

bench (metal jack bench shirt)
475 good
507 good (pr)
522 good (pr)
Had a little left but this was the surge I needed to get me fired back up for the deadlift

Deadlift (metal king pro) conventional
525 good
580 good (pr)
633 good (pr)

Total 1835 (pr)(think was actualy 1840)
I was moved from amateur to expert. Climbing my way up! Next should be the XPC in oct.
There were lots of lifters from russia and Ukraine running around so its always fun to see people from other cultures and how they warm up and execute the lifts. Several women with absolutely perfect bench form! All in all I did what I set out to do. This cycle concluded how I wanted. Would have been nice to get that squat but hindsight is 20/20. I should have gone for 700 even. 8/9 on attempts is a solid showing with several new pr's to add to the list.

Now to heal up, rebuild, and reload!

burlyman30
03-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Very impressive, Sorrow! Nice going on all of your lifts! How did you do in your class?

Sorrow
03-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I placed first in the expert (due to a bomb out) would have been first in the amateur div if I hadn't moved up.

Need the rest of the results to be posted to be sure, but including the pro's I'd be 5th overall in 242 weight class.

Sorrow
03-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Dukes Iron Zoo/ Tim Baker XPC Multi Ply Open 3-03-2013 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/a41pK5ynhiU)
Has the wrong weight listed for my last bench was actually 522.

Sorrow
03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
And back to the pit..
3/10/2013
body weight 246 (slight beer bloat)
Squat / legs day

Squat (raw)
150 x 5
240 x 5
310 x 5
350 x 5
400 x 5 (knee wraps)
440 x 3 (knee wraps)
475 x 2 (knee wraps)

Belt squats
100 x 8
150 x 8
200 x 8
250 x 8

Pull throughs
150 x 8 x 3

Fried...
Was going to do some leg press work, focus on pushing my knees out. But, this was more volume then I've done in a while and first training session since maxing out at the meet. Solid work on the squats despite not going to my max. Decided a good double with 475 would be a good finisher. The accessory work went smooth too, the belted squats really worked the quad (the way my stance and depth was) and the pull through killed my ham strings. Good day to build on. Happy to be back down in the gym!

Wont be walking much tomorrow though!

VayneZ
03-11-2013, 06:25 AM
633 on deadz! WOW!

Sorrow you are sick!

And you look waaayyyyyy better than I do (in my aesthetic opinion!) AMAZING physique for a powerlifter!!!! hands down man! Respect!:cool:

oh and one more thing: the video you posted on youtube, it says it was removed. put it back put it back! :(

Sorrow
03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Yeah they updated the final results:
2013 XPC Multi Ply Open Results | XPC Powerlifting (http://www.xpcpowerlifting.com/2013/03/2013-xpc-multi-ply-open-results/)

So he updated the video with the correct numbers:
Dukes Iron Zoo/TIM BAKER - XPC Multi Ply Open/3-03-2013 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/-8M-m4CGTjI)

Thanks VayneZ but you sir are ripped!
Only thing that sucks is they didn't get my first squat on video but it was probably the best I've ever done. Even the judges commented picture perfect so that felt good to start the meet!

VayneZ
03-11-2013, 04:04 PM
My goal right now, is to be a hybrid! The strength of Tim!!! and 100% ripped and defined!!! A bodybuilder with a powerlifter spirit! You are my inspiration bro!!!! :cool:

Scope75
03-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Just getting caught up your log and DAMN good work!!
Your built, lean, and stronger than a OX...

Sorrow
03-11-2013, 07:16 PM
My goal right now, is to be a hybrid! The strength of Tim!!! and 100% ripped and defined!!! A bodybuilder with a powerlifter spirit! You are my inspiration bro!!!! :cool:

Your closer then you think! Not to mentioned already ripped!

Just getting caught up your log and DAMN good work!!
Your built, lean, and stronger than a OX...

Thanks brother

Seriously though you guys are much more rigorous with your diet, and work hard for what you've got! And you continue to improve. You guys motivate me! Well and scope makes me hungry as hell!!

Scope75
03-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Its good we all feed off of each other...
Speaking of hunger I'm pretty damn hungry right now.
I'm thinking beef and bacon!!!

VayneZ
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm trying not to think of what I just consumed...... And I'm trying to surpass the pain of being overly LOADED to be able to gulp down this rough shake!

And Sorrow bro... Me and Scope are not ripped!!! We WILL be! But we are yet far away! :)

But true, we do feed off of each other here!

Sorrow
03-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Had some setbacks as people were getting sick this week. Wound up not training yesterday, and went to a different persons basement to get some tricep/rear delt work in tonight

3/14/2013
Bodyweight 247.8

JM press
135 x 7
185 x 7
225 x 7
Add hanging purple bands
225 + 60lbs of chains x 7
225 + 100lbs of chains x 7

Roll back/skull crusher (never done this before not even sure what the name is lol)
65 x 4 ugly
40 x 8
50 x 8
55 x 8

single arm rows
65 x 8
90 x 8
100 x 8
125 x 8 x 2

band pull a parts
red mini x 8 x 4

Just did what they normally do. Was an interesting combination of movements. You can tell I was outside my norm. Was shaky on alot of the movements but sometimes its great to do something different and hit the muscles a new way.

Sorrow
03-17-2013, 12:30 PM
3/17/2013
Body weight: 246.5
Legs day

Raw box Squats
Box + 2 mats = bellow parallel
bar x 5
150 x 5
240 x 5
310 x 5 (belt)
350 x 5 (belt)
400 x 5 (belt, knee wraps)
440 x 3 (belt, knee wraps)
490 x 3 (belt, knee wraps)

Belt squat
150 x 8
200 x 8
250 x 8 x 2

Leg press
4 plates per side x 8
5 pps x 8
6 pps x 8
7 pps x 8

A solid day! Everybody was clicking. The box was lower then I needed but that good to know I tripled 490 off a low box. The accessory work went well. We were going to do another set on the leg press as we were working on pushing our knees out, but my training partner asked if we could deadlift wednesday so figured we should probably leave a little in the tank to dead lift with! Overall my body is handling the added volume on the squat well for now. Next up deadlift wednesday!

VayneZ
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Sorrow, Imma train reaalllyyy reallly hard, and come train with you one day my friend!!!

Sorrow
03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
If you're ever in the area you're more then welcome to come bang out a few sets with my crew!

Sorrow
03-20-2013, 09:32 PM
3/20/2013
bodyweight 249
Bench / tricep work

Raw Bench
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
250 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 3
350 x 3

Parallel bar bench
145 x 10
185 x 10
275 x 8
275 x 3 (arm cramp)

dumb bell incline partials
45 x 15
55 x 15
60 x 15
65 x 15

band assisted skull crushers
120 x 10
120 x 11.. tricep failure!

Fwlt good to bench again! First real bench session following the XPC. Great work, feeling good about the volume. Did have some cramping issues yesterday and today, thinking I need to increase water intake levels.

On the great side will soon be trying out a run of triumphalis thanks to SoCal Nutrition! So be on the lookout for a new review log!

Sorrow
03-21-2013, 06:46 PM
3/21/2013
Bodyweight 250

Raw Deadlift
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
455 x 3
495 x 1
545 x 1

Rack pull just bellow knee cap
495 x 3
495 x 5

bent over close grip rows using belt squat machine
100 x 8
150 x 8
200 x 8 x 2

hammer curls (why not right?)
35 x 8
50 x 8
55 x 8 x 2

Took two animal pak's today 1 at breakfast and 1 at lunch and had an extra gatorade before the workout to try and counter the cramps. Mostly good but lower back was kinda knotted up. First time doing any pulling since the meet. the 545 went good, decent speed but could have been faster off the floor. Working my way back into it.
Time to eat!

Rodja
03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
3/20/2013
bodyweight 249
Bench / tricep work

Raw Bench
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
250 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 3
350 x 3

Parallel bar bench
145 x 10
185 x 10
275 x 8
275 x 3 (arm cramp)

dumb bell incline partials
45 x 15
55 x 15
60 x 15
65 x 15

band assisted skull crushers
120 x 10
120 x 11.. tricep failure!

Fwlt good to bench again! First real bench session following the XPC. Great work, feeling good about the volume. Did have some cramping issues yesterday and today, thinking I need to increase water intake levels.

On the great side will soon be trying out a run of triumphalis thanks to SoCal Nutrition! So be on the lookout for a new review log!
Looking forward to see how it works on an accomplished PL'er.

Sorrow
03-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Rodja, I'm kinda curious how the dosing is going to workout with me being up around 250 lbs body weight consistently. But I know how to find out!

3/24/2013
body weight: 249.5

raw squats against bands
bar x 8 x 2
150 x 8
150 x 5 + greens (against green bands, probably extra 60 lbs at the top)
150 x 5 + blues (against blue bands, probably extra 100 - 130 lbs at the top)
200 x 5 + blues
240 x 5 + blues
290 x 5 + blues
330 x 5 + blues (add knee wraps)
380 x 3 + blues (add knee wraps)
420 x 3 + blues (add knee wraps)

Weighted crunches
Bodyweight x 20 x 2
25 lbs plate behind head x 15 x 2

Really tired today. My sleep got thrown off a good bit last few days. Still made sure I got all the squats in. Maintained form on all squats, noticed I was leaning forward on my raw squats last week so wanted to focus on that this week while still hitting the top end. Still moving in the right directions. Haven't really lost any strength just hitting the end of the rebound from the meet. This where the fun starts. A nice long grind while I build my body back up.

Food time, then walk a mile with my husky for cardio

Sorrow
03-27-2013, 07:33 PM
3/27/2013
body weight: 250.1
Bench day

warmup
95 x 8
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 3
Add Jack bench shirt
405 x 3 @ 3 boards
460 x 2 @ 2.5 boards
495 x 1 @ 2.5 board
545 x 1 @ 2 board

Close grip floor press
doubled black mini over the bar
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 8
remove bands
225 x 9.. failed at 10th rep

good day to get back in the shirt. My arms must have grown a little, as the shirt sleeves were a good bit tighter, started cutting off circulation in my right arm so went straight to the target weight tonight/ Delts were kinda tight. Also should have eaten more today in advance of lifting was starving by the time floor presses were over.

All in all good night. Get some deadlifting in tomorrow!

O_RYAN_007
03-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Killing it brother, keep up the hard work!

Sorrow
03-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Killing it brother, keep up the hard work!

Thanks bro!

3/28/2013
Body weight: 248.5
Deadlift!

Warm up
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3 Belt
405 x 3
add metal king pro conventional
455 x 1 straps down
525 x 1 straps up loose
575 x 1 straps up
605 x 1
645 x 1 (PR)
655 x almost! Lost my grip with my right hand at lockout.

standing cable shrugs
100 x 12
150 x 12
200 x 12

Was feeling good today, made sure I ate enough this morning so I wasn't too hungry before lifting. The 645 felt great, nice and smooth lockout. The 655 was so close I actually looked down and could see my hand starting to open up with the weight! Was a great night to come in and just crush some weight with my partners.

Also received the triumphalis today from SoCal and started setting up the log. For the sake of staying congruent I will still update this thread with my workouts, but there will be more daily notes in that log. As you can see I'm not holding back now just to try and inflate the numbers while I cycle that. Whatever extra strength I get on cycle will be from that! Also my body weight has stabilized so I'd say the creatine has taken effect but isn't going to be adding to it either.

Good night! Time to eat rest up. Squats saturday because of the holiday sunday.

VayneZ
03-30-2013, 08:44 AM
I wonder how much more heavy you will be able to go on those deadz when you start the triumphalis cycle!! In for THAT bro!

Sorrow
03-30-2013, 12:22 PM
I wonder how much more heavy you will be able to go on those deadz when you start the triumphalis cycle!! In for THAT bro!

Yeah me too! The anticipation is building.. I guess knowing its right there in the cabinet is really making me want to start a few days early! I'm secretly hoping this is on par with Ultradrol or possibly better. But, we will know soon enough! ;)

3/30/2013
Pre Easter special
body weight: 250.8
Squat

warmup
150 x 5
240 x 3
290 x 3
330 x 3 add belt
400 x 2 add wraps
440 x 2
add metal jack suit
510 x 2 bottoms only
600 x 1 bottoms only (leaned forward)
added stands + 2 mats = roughly 2" above parallel (we were doing overload partials)
730 x 1 straps up
add 2 more mats = roughly 3" high
800 x 1 straps up

Leg press (narrow stance)
600 x 8
690 x 8 x 2

Felt good today! Was basically a max effort week. I didn't really intend to do as much weight, but thats the beautiful thing about having strong training partners to help drive you! There was no way I was going to let them have all the fun! I definitely came forward on the 600, probably due to being such close proximity to the max effort deadlift on thursday. The suit fit real tight at this body weight. Great support! The 800 was probably the best squat of the day. The dilemma will be to order new briefs of the correct size, and then I'll need a new suit. But the problem is I'm not sure how much leg mass I will keep when I cut back down to 242. But for now I don't care! ITs all about getting stronger.

Sorrow
04-03-2013, 09:17 PM
4/3/2013
Body weight: 247.4
Bench
Raw
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
345 x 3
375 x 3 off a 2.5 board
405 x 3 off a 2.5 board (ugly)
405 x 3 with some band assist

Cable skull crushers
50 x 12
75 x 8 x 3

Incline bench flies
30 x 8
35 x 8
40 x 8

Had a really good pump going tonight. Shoulder felt kinda loose after the benching. the 405 off boards I had some serious control issues with. Poor touch position, wobble. The press was good lots of power just poor raw technique at that level. Working towards making an attempt at 405 for a single raw.

Sorrow
04-04-2013, 07:06 PM
4/4/2013
body weight: 249.9
Deadlift

135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5

Started doing one and halfs (deadlift to top of knee, then lower back to floor, then full range deadlift, = 1 rep)
315 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 3
495 x 3

Lat pull downs
90 x 10 x 3

standing cable shrugs
120 x 15 x 3

situps
bodyweight x 20
add 25lb db behind head x 10 x 2

Good day. Solid raw work, then hit some accessory work to try and get some overall shape and keep the blood flowing. The one and a halfs really work the bottom end of my deadlift. Overall felt like some solid work! I did have my belt gouge under my rib which slowed me down a little. Maybe not the heaviest day I've ever had but the movements were all deliberate and controlled. Now to get some recovery in before sunday.

Sorrow
04-07-2013, 06:28 PM
4/7/2013
body weight: 252
squat day (sort of)

Safety squat bar = 75 lbs
Low box added at or bellow parallel
With green bands from the bottom +approx 70lbs at the top
All weights bellow are just the weight not counting
165 x 5
215 x 5
255 x 5
345 x 5
435 x 1 and fail on rep 2
hip pain

leg press close stance
600 x 8
690 x 8
780 x 8

Somedays you just have to say What the F*ck? I didn't really like that combination on the primary movement. And my lower back was a complete and total knot today. Got to the bottom of the last set and felt the hips just open up (specifically my right hip) so I didnt get off the box with the second rep. Another pet peeve of mine is having to end a day on a failed rep. Makes the whole day feel like a waste. Did the leg press close stance so there wouldn't be shear force on the hip and knocked out some reps. Power wasn't really the issue today. Also had to go from the gym to work, no fun on a sunday. And this was the first day we had perfect riding weather.. I swear I could hear my motorcycle revving..

Sorrow
04-10-2013, 06:38 PM
4/10/2013
Body weight: 249.9
Bench
Raw
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 8 (never done this before)

Borrowed a metal ace shirt
365 x 3 3board
405 x 1 2.5 board
455 x 1 2.5 board
Didn't like it took it off

cambered bar bench (causes elbows to go 3 or 4" bellow the chest)
135 x 10
225 x 16
275 x 10

Cable skull crushers
50 x 12
85 x 8

Now were talking! I've never handled 315 like that before. Was planning on treating this as a deload/light day to give my body some extra recovery, but once I started pressing I felt great. I was thinking 3 maybe 5, 8 was a surprise to me! And the last one was as smooth as the first. Think its safe to say something is in effect. Had lots of power for the accessory work too.

olddawg
04-10-2013, 07:27 PM
nice!

O_RYAN_007
04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Killin it MAJOR!

Sorrow
04-11-2013, 07:58 PM
nice!

Killin it MAJOR!

Thanks guys!

3/28/2013
Body weight: 253.1
Deadlift!

Warm up
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 1 straps down
575 x 1 straps up
635 x 1
Added some hanging green bands just some pop off the floor
700 x almost! Just that last inch! tore open my callouses, but did not loose my grip this week!

Just a straight up deadlift day. Felt solid, my suit was insanely tight at this body weight. Made getting to the bar nearly impossible the way I normaly have it. For the most part I had energy to spare but with the hand its usualy best to give it a day or two to close back up.

Sorrow
04-12-2013, 08:48 PM
4/12/2013

Just a make up accessory day:

Standing with 30# DB's:
Shrugs x 20 x 3
over head press x 20 x 2
Alternating curls x 15 x 3
behind head skull crushers x 20 x 2

Done rapid fire.

burlyman30
04-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys!

3/28/2013
Deadlift!

Warm up
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 1 straps down
575 x 1 straps up
635 x 1
700 x almost! Just that last inch! tore open my callouses, but did not loose my grip this week!

Just a straight up deadlift day. Felt solid, my suit was insanely tight at this body weight. Made getting to the bar nearly impossible the way I normaly have it. For the most part I had energy to spare but with the hand its usualy best to give it a day or two to close back up.

This picture reminds me of how much skin I left on the bar from either my hand or my shins back in the old days. I still have scars on the shins from countless pulls...they open up with barely a bump nowadays.

olddawg
04-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys!

3/28/2013
Deadlift!

Warm up
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 1 straps down
575 x 1 straps up
635 x 1

good God man! are you in Iraq? No women in your area? I've never had blisters like that, you been rubbin porcupines up and down on it?

Sorrow
04-13-2013, 11:55 AM
This picture reminds me of how much skin I left on the bar from either my hand or my shins back in the old days. I still have scars on the shins from countless pulls...they open up with barely a bump nowadays.

Yeah same here. At first people thought I played soccer I had my shins so beat up. These days my right shin I tend to really grind against bleeds as soon as I see the bar! The one and a halfs are like running a cheese grater over it.

good God man! are you in Iraq? No women in your area? I've never had blisters like that, you been rubbin porcupines up and down on it?

Ha, nope haven't been to that sand box in a few years. There was a bar that one jackass meet promoter had sharpened (literally) before his meet and ever since I have a big gash under my finger where I refused to let go of the bar and it tore open. I usually have to sand down the callous but I didn't think it needed it. I was wrong.

Its closing up ok though.. Bite down on spoon.. heat knife.. coterize that b*tch

olddawg
04-13-2013, 12:25 PM
gunpowder like Rambo, man up

Sorrow
04-13-2013, 01:44 PM
The wound wasn't big enough for me to push the round through.

Sorrow
04-14-2013, 12:45 PM
4/14/2013
body weight: 250.8
Squat

warmup
150 x 5
260 x 3
350 x 3
460 x 2 add wraps
add Inzer predator briefs (size 38)
530 x 1 (really high needed to get briefs up higher)
600 x 1 (much better)
added old metal king squater (single ply non adjustable)
added stands + 3 mats
700 x 1 straps up
800 x 1 straps up

Leg press (wide as I could go)
555 x 10
645 x 10
735 x 10

Calves on leg press
735 x 8 x 3

Situps holding 25# DB behind head x 12 x 3

Felt great today! Lots of energy, great stamina. That 800 is one matt less then I did 2 weeks ago. And considering I was using an old suit over some borrowed briefs I feel good about it. I paused it on the stands before standing with it. used the wide leg press to stretch out my hips. Give them some work. Just feeling good, much better then last week.

Sorrow
04-17-2013, 08:43 PM
4/17/2013
Body weight: 248.9
Bench
Raw
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
355 x 2
375 x 1 (PR)
405 x 1 (PR)

225 x 17

standing tricep extensions
45 x 12
50 x 12
55 x 12

Got angry today. But took it out on the bench. Result was moving my raw PR up a peg, and getting something thats been a goal of mine for awhile! Have to admit it felt really good to get this monkey of my back!

Sorrow
04-21-2013, 01:48 PM
4/21/2013
Body weight: 252
Deadlift
Raw

Had two sets of black minis doubled over each end of the bar
1 black mini doubled over = +60 lbs at the top approx,
two = + 120 approx x 2 for being on each end = 240 extra lbs of resistance at lockout
135 x 5 (+240)
185 x 5 (+240)
225 x 3 (+240)
315 x 3 (+240)
405 x 3 (+120) Removed one band each side
455 x 1 (+120)
505 x 1 (+120)
Figured why not go all out raw, its been awhile.
575 x 1 (PR)
605 x 1 (PR)

Rack pulls 2" bellow knee cap, with doubled over bands
225 x 5 (+240) with straps
315 x 5 (+240) with straps
405 x 5 (+240) with straps

Situps
bodyweight + 25# db behind head x 10 x 3

Single arm rows
90lbs db x 8 x 3

Came into today wanting to make up for missing last thursdays deadlift session due to work. Also my hip feels a little tight so I didnt want to squat to a low box. Wound up having one hell of a day on the deadlift. And no torn callous so was able to get a full workout in. All in all I feel great considering the amount of work performed. Feel it in my lower back mostly.

Sorrow
04-24-2013, 09:28 PM
4/24/2013
Body weight: 251.5
Bench
Raw
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 10
Added hanging green bands
365 x 3
375 x 3
405 x 3
425 x 2

incline press
35# db's x 8 x 3

Flies
40# db's x 8 x 3

Laying skull crushers
50# DB x 8 x 3

So for starters the 315 x 10 is something I didn't plan on doing, but for damn sure felt good! Followed that up with some hanging band work. Went up to 425 for a double. The accessory work was more to get blood flow across the chest and keep blood flow going. Surprising strength, but I'm not complaining! Soon I'll start back into my geared lifting. Have to pick a shirt to start working with.

Dcabedo
04-25-2013, 12:17 AM
You're an animal man, can't wait till my numbers look like that!

Sorrow
04-25-2013, 07:11 PM
You're an animal man, can't wait till my numbers look like that!

I'm nothing special.. yet. Your numbers will go up! Just takes time, effort. Keep form whenever possible and you'll find you're less injured which allows more growth and longer periods of solid training.

4/25/2013
Body weight: 250
Deadlift
cough *sumo* cough.. err something like it.

Wanted to get back on my normal rotation so I deadlifted again (light) To make sure I didnt over do it I tried some sumo stance work. To hit the legs and hips at a different angle.

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 2
Added metal kin v type squat suit (single ply)
405 x 2 + 60 lbs of chains
455 x 1 + 60 lbs of chains

went to rep out with 225 but felt my callous start to tear so backed off.

Stiff leg Pull through's
100 x 10
125 x 10 x 2

situps
body weight x 20
BW + 25lbs behind head x 15 x 2

Not a bad day, but I dont like sumo. Its not something I try often. Maybe once every 4 months or so just to try it. The goal wasnt to move heavy weight. Actualy it was the opposite of that. The goal was to get some stimulation and still be able to squat sunday. Felt really fatigued. Starting next week we're going back to sun / tues / thurs split.

Sorrow
04-26-2013, 10:18 PM
raw 605 deadlift
605 deadlift raw - YouTube (http://youtu.be/OJmeoZ-oSR0)

Raw 405 bench press
405 raw Bench press - YouTube (http://youtu.be/IE8MKVvRtMU)

Sorrow
04-26-2013, 10:49 PM
The 800 to stands
squating to stands - YouTube (http://youtu.be/LjcYCwOih1U)

This is just working on getting used to having 800 on my back. Used predator briefs and my old single ply metal vtype squat suit.

burlyman30
04-26-2013, 10:57 PM
raw 605 deadlift
605 deadlift raw - YouTube (http://youtu.be/OJmeoZ-oSR0)

Raw 405 bench press
405 raw Bench press - YouTube (http://youtu.be/IE8MKVvRtMU)

Might as well have been dangling a steak in front of me...

Very nice work bro. Something for this old man to shoot for.

Coolazice
04-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Beast!!!

Sorrow
04-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Might as well have been dangling a steak in front of me...

Very nice work bro. Something for this old man to shoot for.

mmm steak... thats later during the fights tonight

Lets see given how strong you are, and how fast you seem to improve this should be a good goal for you for about 4 weeks, then you'll blow right past me!

burlyman30
04-27-2013, 07:36 AM
mmm steak... thats later during the fights tonight

Lets see given how strong you are, and how fast you seem to improve this should be a good goal for you for about 4 weeks, then you'll blow right past me!

Lol... there will be no "blowing past". I'm fortunate to have muscle memory on my side. Once I hit the old numbers, its back to slow and steady like everyone else. But now I can't stop thinking about that steak....

Sorrow
04-28-2013, 01:41 PM
4/28/2013
body weight: 250
Squat

warmup
150 x 3
260 x 3
350 x 3
440 x 2 add wraps
490 x 1
530 x 1 (raw pr)
580 x 1 (better raw pr)

Leg press (narrow stance)
550 x 8 x 3

Well I'm a little surprised. My knee felt loose after the sumo from thursday, and was up late watching the fights last night. I was thinking maybe I could muscle up 550.. for a new pr.. I almost did a jump squat with 530 it felt that good. Then decided I'd push the issue and went for 580, no trouble at all. I decided moving my numbers up was enough for the day. Plus I really dont like pushing my knee to far. I mean seriously thats 65 more pounds! I may have been good for 530 prior to this cycle, but in all reality to be close to 600 raw is all new territory for me on the squat. The strength gains have far exceeded my expectations! Cant wait to get the videos uploaded. Probably get them copied over tuesday.

Coolazice
04-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Congratulations on another new PR!!!

burlyman30
04-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Well lookie there, another PR! Nice going, bro... seems you've gotten quite a bit of benefit from this cycle. Wait til you try the anadrol or tren. Lol.

Sorrow
04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
thanks guys!

it will be awhile till I get around to some of the stronger stuff. I want to get my body fat down to try and help with possible sides before moving up to some of the more legendary stuff. but yes this cycle has been very good to me! Probably the only thing that would have made this better would have been a small dose of trenazone as a kickstart and probably a 6 week run instead of four. well that and taking the time to review my bloodwork prior to starting. live and learn. But strength and side wise this has exceeded my expectations.

JM1000
04-29-2013, 03:54 PM
580!! Gadd damn.. Congrats!

Sorrow
04-30-2013, 10:06 PM
580!! Gadd damn.. Congrats!

Thanks man!

Here's the 530 squat:
530 raw squat - YouTube (http://youtu.be/G3PipKQab2w)

And here's the 580:
580 raw squat - YouTube (http://youtu.be/YUzC7NEpANw)

Without my boots my knees do come forward more then I like. Poor development on my part. I'm used to having that extra support. Still felt good!

4/30/2013
bodyweight 248
Bench

warmup
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3 x 2
315 x 3

Added inzer rage x training shirt
405 x 2 3 board
465 x 2 2 board
515 x 1.5 board
545 x 1 board

floor press with black bands over the bar
135 + 1 band x 5
225 + 2 bands x 5
335 + 2 bands x 5

Had to do some running around at work, didn't get a good lunch in today also missed breakfast. Still got some good work in. Borrowed the red rage x I used when I competed at 220 last year. Was incredibly tight but still managed to be serviceable for a day. Have a new bench shirt and briefs on the way. Happy that we're back on tues / thurs / sat. training schedule as I like to have the day between lifts.

JM1000
05-01-2013, 05:17 AM
Liiiiightweight! Sick man, you made it look easy.

DJM
05-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Lol... there will be no "blowing past". I'm fortunate to have muscle memory on my side. Once I hit the old numbers, its back to slow and steady like everyone else. But now I can't stop thinking about that steak....

i know what 'steak' is code for you dirty old man!

Coolazice
05-01-2013, 05:53 AM
Liiiiightweight! Sick man, you made it look easy.

Yeah he did!!!

Sorrow
05-01-2013, 02:44 PM
i know what 'steak' is code for you dirty old man!

I'm a little afraid of what all a steak could mean.. ..

Thanks guys! Was feeling good that day. Capitalize on it when I can.

burlyman30
05-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Finally got a chance to view your 530 and 580 squats. Looked good overall. A little squirrelly out of the hole on 530 but depth looked spot on. It appeared the 580 was a bit shallower (1.5-2") depth-wise than the 530, which is to be expected on a new PR weight, and I could not tell from the angle if it qualified as regulation depth or not, but it was close. You were strong out of the hole on the 580. Nice work. I have to be honest, watching your vids brings me back to another time in my life when I hung out with the top PLers in the nation (and world), the weights were heavy (heaviER, anyway. lol) and the style was power-bodybuilding. It is motivating to me. From one ol' guy to another, "thanks".

olddawg
05-17-2013, 04:40 PM
never saw those until now, I feel small, weak and shrimpy...

VayneZ
05-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks to Burly and olddawg, I, today, finally also saw these. You're the man Sorrow! You're the man! SICK!!!!

Sorrow
05-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys!

Yeah its really hard to tell from the front, the size of my quads and loose shorts don't help. I do feel loose in the bottom of the squat. I'm sure it's because of the focus I put on geared lifting over the last year. But still felt great none the less.

Sorrow
05-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Squat day yesterday

Tim B. squat training with chains, 5/18/2013, Dukes Iron Zoo - YouTube (http://youtu.be/SlokXhcUmF0)

At this point I'm focused on letting my body recover so no pills of any kind while the liver gets back in order. Still not sure about the cholesterol levels but I think that will come on its own. Really I haven't modified my lifting from what I've done previously. Just cleaning up the diet to try and cut some unnecessary body fat. Have been doing the old apple cider vinegar drink once a day to try and clean everything out. Also have some dermatherm I'll be using to help get the waistline down.

The real question is once everything is sorted.. triumphalis.. or Mithras..

weekend
05-19-2013, 06:01 PM
nice dude, crazy power there.

why don't you just use AAS instead of toxic PH's? haha, you are very serious with lifting afteralll....

Sorrow
05-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks man.

The thought has crossed my mind on more then one occasion. Haven't really dug too deep into locating a source, and to be honest PH's are relatively easy to handle. Plus I think several of these "ph's" fall under designer category at this point. I have been researching Tren. But we shall see.

At this point there's a few other variable I need to dial in. Change my protein intake and find some new options as far as that goes. Thinking about trying tome of the PN lineup.

Sorrow
11-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Time for a resurrection! Following my lexen raw meet, I took a vacation and did nothing at all besides relax and heal up. Then I returned to the grind. I decided to get back into my multiply gear and see where I'm at. A little surprised to be honest it appears my raw work carried over extremely well to my squat, decently to my bench, and not at all to my deadlift.
Squat over the last three weeks:
765 attempt good:
Tim Baker 765 multiply squat. Dukes Iron Zoo - YouTube (http://youtu.be/Ui9HdqPrQG0)

785 attempt good:
Tim B 785 multiply squat - YouTube (http://youtu.be/0b0Y0_hy4cg)

800 attempt .. good! I was only supposed to stand up and break with it not perform a whole squat but once I started I knew I had this one.
Tim B 800 lbs. multiply squat. Dukes Iron Zoo - YouTube (http://youtu.be/rI0-DcJptwU)

Bench training
first week I stayed raw hit 425 touch and go
second week ended with this 580 to a 1 board:
Tim 580 bench to 1 board - YouTube (http://youtu.be/iV0I3KAMkVw)
It was a grinder. Right before that I took 555 and we pulled the front down to far and took a lot out of me. Its a process with the multiply.
Tomorrow will be week 3. Most likely going to work with 580 again maybe 600 to a board or two.

Deadlift.. a little disappointed actually. I got back in my suit and pulled a quick 625 the first week back but it relay bound up and cut into me. The following week it just had no pop and had a horrible go of it, missed 605. I think Ive out grown it. In reality its the only deadlift suit Ive ever used so its probably time for a new one. Plus Ive used it at 220 lbs bw, and 242. Now Im weighing in around 248 and its just not fitting right.

So following this week will be a business trip to chicago so another rest week then I'll start right back at it again.
Consider yourselves updated!

VayneZ
11-05-2013, 12:24 PM
That's HEAVY squatting. I'll look forward for your progress next week after the trip

burlyman30
11-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Sorrow, at what point in the movement did you (or do you typically) find as the weak point? Off the floor? Floor to knees? Knees to lockout? Just curious.

Sorrow
11-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Sorrow, at what point in the movement did you (or do you typically) find as the weak point? Off the floor? Floor to knees? Knees to lockout? Just curious.

For me its normaly floor to knees, or just poor positioning from bad habit (I tend to be too far over the bar when I miss a lift. Some methods I use to work on the launch or start of the lift is one and halfs, deficit pulls, and against bands.

Sorrow
11-05-2013, 10:50 PM
11/5/2013
Bench day

warmed up raw
bar x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 2
Added Metal JAck bench shirt
455 x 2 to a 2.5 board
535 x 1 to a 2 board
590 x 1 to a 1 board (another grinder)

At this point I think 590 / 600 is probably the absolute limit for my equipped bench. Mostly wanted to work on getting some heavy weight in my hands and work down to low boards. Not sure where to adjust the shirt to get it to touch like I'm used too. I don't mind having to grind out the 590 as I did get it in the end. No accessory work tonight. Probably get that in friday night.

burlyman30
11-06-2013, 12:12 AM
For me its normaly floor to knees, or just poor positioning from bad habit (I tend to be too far over the bar when I miss a lift. Some methods I use to work on the launch or start of the lift is one and halfs, deficit pulls, and against bands.

Sounds similar to me. If I can lift it the first 6", the lift is as good as done. And there are times I am, like you, a bit too much over the bar and I can't even get it off the ground at all!

One and halfs? Never heard of that. Do one full rep, then 1/2 rep and repeat?

I've heard the term deficit pulls, but have no idea what that is, either. Educate me in the PL lingo, brother!

O_RYAN_007
11-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Sounds similar to me. If I can lift it the first 6", the lift is as good as done. And there are times I am, like you, a bit too much over the bar and I can't even get it off the ground at all!

One and halfs? Never heard of that. Do one full rep, then 1/2 rep and repeat?

I've heard the term deficit pulls, but have no idea what that is, either. Educate me in the PL lingo, brother!

For deficit pull (which is out 3rd movement on DL day) we stand on the 4" bumper plates and get to work. YOu have to get much lower to pull the weight off the ground, these are fkn brutal! For RE days, we're doing about 65% at 2x8 or 2x10

burlyman30
11-06-2013, 06:50 AM
For deficit pull (which is out 3rd movement on DL day) we stand on the 4" bumper plates and get to work. YOu have to get much lower to pull the weight off the ground, these are fkn brutal! For RE days, we're doing about 65% at 2x8 or 2x10

Ugh. not sure I can bend down that far without altering my form completely, but I'll never know unless I try.

O_RYAN_007
11-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Ugh. not sure I can bend down that far without altering my form completely, but I'll never know unless I try.

They're definitely a huge builder in DL strength for me. They're extremely difficult, but boy are they beneficial in improving my hip and glute strength!

Sorrow
11-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah one and halfs I'll see if I can find a video of us doing. There's basicly two ways to do it
1) You setup and start a deadlift pulling to the top of your knees, then stop and reverse back to the floor, but as soon as you feel it touch bottom, you explosively launch all the way to lockout. Then return all the way to the floor. Thats one rep.

2) You setup like normal and perform one full pull all the way to lockout, then control the weight down pushing your hips back like normal, to the top of your knees. Then explosively pull back up too lockout. Then lower all the way to the floor. Thats one rep.

I usualy do option 1 to work my start. It provides a little stretch reflex to the hamstrings kind of like on the bench or squat. There may be a video of my doing them somewhere, I'll post it if I find it.

Deficit pulls,
I have the same issue with my knees going to far forward if Its too high. I figured out I could use thin sheets of plywood to change the height slightly. Small jumps at a time. But, it is very productive! By extending the total duration of the lift and being slightly out of position deeper then normal you really work the whole movement.

burlyman30
11-06-2013, 05:08 PM
If I could just find 45s in a 30 inch diameter I wouldn't have a problem at the bottom. Lol

Cobalt
11-06-2013, 05:19 PM
"Come on Tim, be an example man!"
Love it.

VayneZ
11-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Today I'm testing out one and a halfs!

Sorrow
11-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Today I'm testing out one and a halfs!

Just start with a moderate weight, don't over do it. And keep your back tight!

Sorrow
11-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Friday night accessory work:

incline press:
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 5 x 2
135 x 5 3 second pause at the bottom
135 x 5 3 second pause at the bottom

lat pull down wide grip
100 x 8
180 x 8 x 3

Machine flies
100 x 8
160 x 8 x 3

Seated rows
200 x 8
250 x 8
290 x 8

tricep press machine
100 x 10 x 2

Standing shrug machine
90 x 8
120 x 8 x 2

laying skull crushers
65 x 8 x 4

seated machine shoulder press
100 x 6
150 x 5
160 x 5

Adding volume little steps at a time. Making up for not doing deadlifts thuirsday. Mostly just looking to hit the odd angles I dont catch with my regular power movements.

Sorrow
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
saturday 11/9/2013
Squat session
warm up
bar x 5
150 x 5
240 x 3
350 x 3
440 x 3 add wraps
add metal king suit (no straps/used like a brief)
530 x 2
add metal jack suit
630 x 1
730 x 1 (straps up)
820 x miss

Suit locked up in the hole, I just couldn't get down the last inch I needed. Spent wy to much time in the hole looking and failed to come up. Reinforces my thought that 800 is my limit right now.

Off to chicago for some training for work next week. So I should be able to heal and recover then come back roaring!

Cobalt
11-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I get sore just reading your workouts. Nice job.

VayneZ
11-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Just start with a moderate weight, don't over do it. And keep your back tight!

Would you advise trying one and a halfs for sumo?

Yesterday, was not ''that bad'' of a day.. In my head I wanted to build up toward 455 and then do 2 more sets or one and a half (not sure if that was a good idea).
When I got to 405, I managed to rep out til 9, wanted to go for the 10th rep, but could not.
Then, as I am used to do 455 for reps, I confidently went for my second rep and felt a deep DEEP sting in my lower back, and was like: ''that's it!''
Did some reverse hypers and stretches felt my lumbar crack back nicely. But I would have to wait next week, and maybe START with one and a halfs. Next week I wanted to go sumo though. Should I try them sumo, or wait 2 weeks and try them conventional?

Sorrow
11-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Would you advise trying one and a halfs for sumo?

Yesterday, was not ''that bad'' of a day.. In my head I wanted to build up toward 455 and then do 2 more sets or one and a half (not sure if that was a good idea).
When I got to 405, I managed to rep out til 9, wanted to go for the 10th rep, but could not.
Then, as I am used to do 455 for reps, I confidently went for my second rep and felt a deep DEEP sting in my lower back, and was like: ''that's it!''
Did some reverse hypers and stretches felt my lumbar crack back nicely. But I would have to wait next week, and maybe START with one and a halfs. Next week I wanted to go sumo though. Should I try them sumo, or wait 2 weeks and try them conventional?

I think its possible to apply them for sumo, but it would be better to find a more similar movement such as belt squats, or goblet squats.

I would suggest something like the following:
warm up Normal in a conventional stance not one and a halfs, normal full range movement
bar (stretch a little)
135 x 8 x 2
225 x 5
Start one and a halfs
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 5
425 x 5 (if you can)

Then drop the weight down and do a 5 second deadlift, its what it sounds like you perform the deadlift taking exactly 5 seconds on the way up and 5 seconds on the way down. two sets of five reps.
315 x 5 x 2

You will probably be fried at this point but some core work, or shrugs could round out the workout. Then go kick back and let us know how ya did! And dont under estimate the 5 second pulls.. it can really fry you!

burlyman30
11-09-2013, 07:51 PM
5 second pulls.... ohhh man that sounds so brutal!!! I don't even want to try those! Lol

VayneZ
11-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Sorrow, with the pain I'm feeling right now, and the soreness in my lower back and traps... those 5 seconds scare me haha.

I will try them, depending on how my back feels by next week. If I feel GOOD, then I'll do your routine idea and just go conventional again. If not, I might just try them really really light and just focus on sumo's.

But really really sick idea! I wish my lower back would recover on time to go get fried :mad:

Sorrow
11-19-2013, 08:09 PM
tues 11/19/2013
Bench session
RAW
bar x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
335 x 2
375 x 1
415 x 1 PR
435 x 0 hanging monster minis, chest was super tight bailed on the attempt

close grip bench
315 x 10

floor press
185 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 5 tricep failure

Back down in it! Figured I'd start out with some raw work as it's been a while. Overall strength is still there but not taking anything to the chest for a month left my pecs really feeling the burn on the pause at the bottom. Was great night for everybody in my crew actually, lots of PR's for the boys.

O_RYAN_007
11-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Solid work brother!

Sorrow
11-19-2013, 09:16 PM
the 415
Tim B. 415 raw, Dukes Iron Zoo - YouTube (http://youtu.be/Gh-hW4noEfA)

VayneZ
11-20-2013, 12:50 PM
415 raw!!! GEEZ!!! You are def no longer human bro!

milehighguy
11-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Sorrow making 415 look like a walk in the park! Very nice!

O_RYAN_007
11-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Awesome lift brother!!!

burlyman30
11-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Nice lift. Can't believe you went for more after that, as it looked like a true max.

Sorrow
11-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Nice lift. Can't believe you went for more after that, as it looked like a true max.

Yeah that was all I had tuesday, my chest was fried! lol. Its all good, determine the weakest link, rebuild it..

Thanks guys!

burlyman30
11-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Yeah that was all I had tuesday, my chest was fried! lol. Its all good, determine the weakest link, rebuild it..

Thanks guys!

I haven't done any barbell bench for about 6 months, but I'm running out of weight on the dumbbell rack lately, so this is a bit inspiring for me to get back to the barbell again.

Sorrow
11-21-2013, 07:57 PM
11/21/2013
Deadlift training

1 and a halfs..
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 3
495 x 2
545 x 1

5 second deadlifts (5 count up from a lifting partner, 5 count down)
315 x 4 x 2

Grip was fried holding onto the bar this long today, really started tearing at my callus's. Didn't get to eat all day so I was kinda feeling like I was running on empty which is kinda what a meet feels like anyways. Not that I recommend anyone train like this as it sucks lol, and you shouldn't miss meals if you can help it. But sometimes work just is what it is. Solid day though, rest up and get ready to squat.

Cobalt
11-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Is 545 your max, or just what you stopped at?

I'd love to give the 5 second DLs a try, but I pulled something in my back :(

Sorrow
11-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Is 545 your max, or just what you stopped at?

I'd love to give the 5 second DLs a try, but I pulled something in my back :(

545 is the most I've handled for a 1 and a half. My raw max is around 605.
They are one hell of a finisher. Really feeling them today!

VayneZ
11-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Because of this, in 2 weeks I will also finish with one and a halfs heavy, instead of rep range! 545 is just BEAST!

Sorrow
11-23-2013, 08:28 AM
11/22/2013
odds and ends

incline press
135 x 8 x 3

standing hammer curls
65 x 8
45 x 8 x 2

Laying skull crushers
90 x 10
65 x 10 x 2

machine flies
100 x 8 x 2

Machine press downs
100 x 8 x 2

low angle cable crossovers
60 x 8 x 2

close grip cable press downs
110 x 10 x 2

Mostly wanted to stay light and just get some blood moving.

Sorrow
11-24-2013, 03:24 PM
11/23/2013
Squat
bar x 5
150 x 3
240 x 3
330 x 3 add belt
420 x 3 belt and wraps
510 x 3
add jack suit
640 x 1 straps down
710 x 1 straps up light
825 x 1 hanging band assist (blues)

Wanted to get a feel for that 825 again after missing it, but didn't want to just dive right in after such a large jump, figured adding the hanging bands would let me feel it all at the top and help kick start out of the hole just in case. All in all felt good. Had to head to a birthday party so no extra work. I'll probably get the vids up after bench on tuesday.

Cobalt
11-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Very nice, I'd love to see the vid. Working on my squats right now too.

Curious about your belt use at 330. I've never been a belt user, but I've been told I should pick one up with the higher weight that I've been getting in to. Is there a rule of thumb for using a belt at any specific weight?

Sorrow
11-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Very nice, I'd love to see the vid. Working on my squats right now too.

Curious about your belt use at 330. I've never been a belt user, but I've been told I should pick one up with the higher weight that I've been getting in to. Is there a rule of thumb for using a belt at any specific weight?

I don't know that there's a good rule of thumb per se. I know the argument is that you can develop a stronger core by not using a belt, but honestly I I feel that using the belt helps me keep my back stable and focus more on my legs. When I'm going to use my suit I'm currently targeting the 700-800 lbs range for training sets, so why use up my back before I get to the heavy weights? And my coach always says you should add something as you climb up in weight, for me I usually shoot for belt 300, wraps 400, briefs/suit bottoms 500+. OR if I'm training raw when I get to the 500+ range I'll usually dial back the reps then use either hanging bands or a box to work on getting used to a new weight.

My best advice would be to get a relatively thin flexible belt, and use it starting around 50% of your max and see what kind of a difference it makes. If your doing deadlift/heavy back work near your squat day it can help you get the extra reps in.

Cobalt
11-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Sweet, thanks. I was definitely going to pick one up for DL's, but I had no concept for using a belt and squatting.

h2s
11-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Strong numbers Sorrow, very strong.

Sorrow
11-26-2013, 09:29 PM
11/26/2013
Bench day
warm up
135 x 5
135 + chains x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
335 x 2
365 x 1
Add Jack bench shirt
465 x 2 @ 2.5 boards
500 x 1 @ 2 boards
535 x 0 @ 1 board (dumped it trying to get the last inch)
555 x 0 @ 1 board (This one felt off the whole way down, from handoff to the chest. Muscled it about 3 inches away from lockout but just didn't get enough of a kick start)

Danboo bar (PVC pipe that is flexible)
100 lbs x 8 x 2
I suck at these

Well not the day I was hoping for. I really wasn't on point today, but is what it is. Learn what I can and drive on. I'm going to have to do some schedule shifting due to thanksgiving.

And the squat from saturday:
Tim B 825 band assist squat - YouTube (http://youtu.be/IS8MobFgZG0)

Sorrow
11-30-2013, 03:56 PM
11/29/2013
black friday deadlift day
pulling against doubled over green bands (approx +160lbs at lock out)
135 x 5 no bands
225 x 5 no bands
315 x 3 + bands + belt
405 x 3 "
455 x 2 "
495 x 1 " (Felt this one)

straight weight deadlifts, remove bands
495 x 5 x 2

GHR x 5

Had to get a makeup day in for thanksgiving. Figured I worked the bottom last week I'd pull against bands this weeks. All in all not to bad. Turned a few into stiff legs but still got them. Was warn out after the two sets of five and only got the one set of GHR's in.

Probably rest up till next tuesdays bench session.

Sorrow
12-03-2013, 07:12 PM
12/3/2013
Raw Bench work
Decided to do triples all the way up with a 2-3 second pause on the chest each rep.
Bar x 3
135 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3 (did these with a much closer grip)

Band assist bench
405 x 5

regular grip
135 x 30

Close grip cable skull crushers
45 x 8
75 x 8 x 2

standing cable curls
75 x 8 x 3

Mostly focused on little technical issues, wanted to work the "off the chest" area of my bench. After that just decided to get some extras in. All in all a good session to build off of!

Sorrow
12-05-2013, 07:47 PM
12/5/2013
deadlift training
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
Add hanging green band
495 x 3
545 x 1
635 x 1
660 x 0.. chest actually knotted up, got it over the knees but was to much today for me.

Single arm rows (machine)
70 x 8
100 x 8 x 2

Cobalt
12-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Looking good Sorrow.

Are those numbers raw or with anything?

Sorrow
12-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Raw. My deadlift suit doesn't fit right anymore. I'm enjoying a bulk for the winter. I'm thinking my chest was still tight from the pause benching tuesday.

burlyman30
12-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Remind me... is 635 a PR? Nice pullin', brother!

Sorrow
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Remind me... is 635 a PR? Nice pullin', brother!

Probably but I honestly only keep track of PR's with straight weight, no variations.

12/7/2013
squat
warmup
bar x 5
150 x 3
240 x 3
350 x 3
add belt and wraps
460 x 3
add jack suit straps down
550 x 1
640 x 1
straps up
730 x 1
805 x 1

My jack suit doesn't fit right anymore, I had the power for another shot but the suit was really cutting in, and wasn't supporting my hips. Probably time to go back to raw training. We were kind of laughing about how low my suit looked in the video.. oh well. Price of trying to move up a weight class I guess.

weekend
12-08-2013, 06:11 PM
hot damn 800 lbs great work sorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

making me feel like i should go for 350 here soon.. lol

ryhigh
12-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Holy shit!!!! lol 805.. BEAST MODE

VayneZ
12-09-2013, 01:26 PM
As I've said before many times... Sorrow's not human :rolleyes:
He's the definition of STRENGTH!!!!