PDA

View Full Version : Organic Red Palm Oil vs Toco Caps

nate3993
03-26-2015, 08:16 PM
So weekend and I were talking about using organic red Palm oil from
Trader joes instead of toco caps. Could this be possible? Still
Get the right vitamin E dose to produce hair growth/ other benefits, and it'd be infinitely cheaper than having to buy the caps.

What do you guys think?

BBG
03-26-2015, 09:40 PM
You'd need to find out how much tocotrienol is in the palm oil. You'd probably need a lot of Palm oil. I've thought about this too but never went forward with it for the above reason.

O.N.
03-27-2015, 12:08 AM
After we got our SEDDS all up and running we looked into it for a liquid version for us to buy it at high percentages it is possible but already listed palm oil products on the market just have way too low concentrations to make it cost effective.

We also did a cost analysis for us to use the high concentration oil we can get from our supplier but it worked out much more expensive than the tococaps.

So thats basically your answer it's more expensive to get the same dose.

hossam
03-27-2015, 03:31 AM
this is Erics palm fruit extract the highest concentration in the market

so the oil itself will be insufficient for the hair regrowth

i am currently using both the extract and cooking with the oil

O.N.
03-27-2015, 07:14 AM
TocoCaps has 6500mg per container if we are comparing.
You can take it in capsule form in about 0.5 seconds compared to powder 1-2 minutes + having to put it in something to taste good etc etc

and we are going to have to get new labels printed soon as we have actually been over dosing the product slightly.
We claim 630mg but it's working out to be 714mg based on our contractor using newer equipment.

So the total bottle actually has 7372.05mg in total.

You're welcome to weigh 100 capsules to confirm this.

BBG
03-27-2015, 07:43 AM
The capsules are the way to go. The powder is alright if you're dropping it in something to flavor.

I remember Eric didn't cap the original Toco-8 (and presumably his new formulation) because it was a difficult powder to work with. Presumably keeps the cost down by not capping it, though, so a possible unintended benefit.

Either way the caps are totally more convenient.

hossam
03-27-2015, 08:02 AM
the effect of the powder you can feel it immediately after dissolving it in pomegranate juice
as this juice delivers it fast, a great calming effect after 5 minute, but lots of people finds the taste
inconvenient for them and they prefer the capsules

nate3993
03-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Good to know! Thanks again