PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks of a clean diet

Freepressright
04-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Amazing what six weeks can do for a person. I was letting myself go, and then one picture of my mid-section woke me the hell up. I'm still working on it, but not bad. Played with my carb intake and added in HIIT. 1417

entropy
04-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Sick progress in six weeks. Can you define clean diet for us nutritionally challenged types?

derekh83
04-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Nice work! Did you add HIIT to your normal workout or did you add it as an additional workout?

weekend
04-07-2015, 03:49 PM
any sterons?

Bam24
04-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Nice progress.. !! Starting my cut soon.. Bout 4weeks.. Was hiit your only form of cardio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moleculargainz
04-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Awesome progress man! Was that from counting calories/macros or just sticking to whole foods?

BBG
04-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Well done sir, well done.

Ape McGrapes
04-07-2015, 11:53 PM
If only I could bring myself to do some HIIT.

What type of dieting guidelines are you following FPR?

hossam
04-08-2015, 12:55 AM
very nice progress, keep on man!

Freepressright
04-08-2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks, guys.

I was coming off of a serious case of the dietary "fuck-its" when I started. I was insulin resistant as hell from splurging on pizzas, burgers, pop and junk food. I had really let myself go.

I took two weeks and did the traditional super low carbs, like you'd do with Atkins. Then after the two weeks, I started to phase carbs back in very slowly. I'm still doing fairly low carb (about 50-60 net per day, but not really strictly tracking). I'm eating a lot of cruciferous veggies and nuts, eating ground sirloin, using whole-grain flat breads and pita breads in place of regular bread, nuts, healthy fats, nut butters, etc.

It's a morph of a Mediterranean meets Atkins with an occasional stretching of the diet, but when I do, I am very conscious of portions. If I decide, for example, that I want spaghetti on a non-cheat day, I make whole grain spaghetti (grains really tear me up anyhow, so getting a lot of the grains out of my diet has benefited my digestion and joints) and I have about half what I normally would. I also try to time it so when I have my carbs, I have them earlier in the day.

Whether that really makes a difference or not (the timing, that is), I don't know. But it's treated me OK so far.

Sunday, however, I we eat whatever we want, all day. It's almost like a carb re-feed, I guess you'd say.

I'm taking CLA, organic apple cider vinegar, raspberry ketones, Kyo-Greens, high-quality vitamins, and an adaptagen blend from Super Man Herbs. And if you recall, I had kicked things off with some Epiandro.

My wife is following the same diet and has dropped 20 pounds in the last six weeks.

I had my bodyfat checked last week and it was 10.7%. I'd like to get down to 8 or 9 and then I'm good. We'll see, though.

Freepressright
04-08-2015, 06:35 AM
Nice progress.. !! Starting my cut soon.. Bout 4weeks.. Was hiit your only form of cardio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been doing sledgehammers on the tire, flipping tires, backwards tire tosses, kettlebell swings, sprints, punching bag drills on the heavy bag, variations of mountain climbers, burpees, etc.

I also have the P90x Cardio-X disc, which starts with yoga, moves into Kenpo karate drills, plyometrics and then high-intensity core stuff before a cool down. It definitely gets you sweating.

I'm also using the stairclimber machine at my gym (like an escalator) and doing box jumps at the end of leg day for burnout.

The other thing I've been doing is functional core stuff and balance training. It's really helped me improve my mid section.

Not only have I leaned out, but I FEEL so much better.

Freepressright
04-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Nice work! Did you add HIIT to your normal workout or did you add it as an additional workout?

Both. I try to have one to two standalone HIIT workouts but add variations of HIIT within lifting sessions as well.

Ape McGrapes
04-08-2015, 09:03 AM
You got remarried FPR?

Freepressright
04-08-2015, 09:18 AM
You got remarried FPR?

Yep, sure did. On January 30th. :)

KAB111
04-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Congrats ont eh marriage and results man!

Nutrient timing made a big difference in my physique.

Carbs early, taper through the day. Portion control and of course 30-40 grams protein every meal

When I started I felt full as hell in the morning. I work out @ 530 so I was slaming a protein shake and a bannana an hour before, come home eart breakfast, eggs, toast, yogurt.... Taper carbs through the day.

After 2 weeks, It was pure fuel, it would just burn up and at night, I didnt feel nearly as full cause of the minimal carbs.

Im a believer in nutrient timing for sure.

Freepressright
04-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Congrats ont eh marriage and results man!

Nutrient timing made a big difference in my physique.

Carbs early, taper through the day. Portion control and of course 30-40 grams protein every meal

When I started I felt full as hell in the morning. I work out @ 530 so I was slaming a protein shake and a bannana an hour before, come home eart breakfast, eggs, toast, yogurt.... Taper carbs through the day.

After 2 weeks, It was pure fuel, it would just burn up and at night, I didnt feel nearly as full cause of the minimal carbs.

Im a believer in nutrient timing for sure.

Some guys say the timing matters, others will argue it doesn't. I think it does, personally.

This diet has, more or less, been a common sense diet. Spend the first couple of weeks re-programming insulin response and then re-educating the body with good food later, plus building in a cheat day so I still get to have the shit I really enjoy.

I think getting the damn fast food, pizza and pop out of my diet moved mountains by itself in terms of progress.

booklifter
04-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Damn dude, that really is impressive. Great work. Also, I'm sub'd for new pictures of your wife :cool: I remember her from the curvy-girls-are-awesome thread.

Freepressright
04-09-2015, 08:52 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a sucker for the curves! :D