PDA

View Full Version : UFC on Fox 5

Rulk
11-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Thoughts on the upcoming event? The fight line up looks amazing.

Ben Henderson VS. Nate Diaz for the 155lb title
Shogun VS. Alexander Gustafsson
Rory Mcdonald VS. BJ Penn
Mike Swick VS. Matt Brown
..and more

Lots of interesting match ups. I'm very interested in the title match and shogun's fight.

USN HM 350Z
11-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Ben Henderson VS. Nate Diaz for the 155lb title
Shogun VS. Alexander Gustafsson
Rory Mcdonald VS. BJ Penn
Mike Swick VS. Matt Brown

should be good fights.

DJM
11-21-2012, 06:53 AM
RORY is gonna kill bj, agree with henderson and rua

USN HM 350Z
11-21-2012, 07:14 AM
BJ will take Rory's back and submit him in the 2nd

Rodja
11-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Bendo via decision
Shogun via decision
Rory via lop-sided decision
Swick by TKO

Rulk
11-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Ben Henderson VS. Nate Diaz for the 155lb title -Such a tough one for me to call... I like both a lot. I'm gonna give it up to Diaz, but I hope he can keep it on his feet and not get wrestled the whole time.

Shogun VS. Alexander Gustafsson - I'm giving this one to Shogun by KO. Alexander I have not seen enough to really envision how a fight would go.

Rory Mcdonald VS. BJ Penn- I'm not gonna call this one. This may be the fight that retires BJ though.

Mike Swick VS. Matt Brown- Swickatine.

longBallLima
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Bendo, decision, I believe. He won't get submitted and I don't see Nate stopping most TD's. Wouldn't be that blown away if wrong though. Nate has surprised me before. I thought he'd beat Cerrone, but not take his soul like he did.

Shogun. I think Gustafsson is a little overrated as of right now. I think he may eventually come to be as good as some folks think he is right now.

Penn. Just a gut feeling lol

Swick. Just cuz I hope he murders Matt Brown.

Rulk
12-09-2012, 01:09 AM
That was the best UFC on Fox so far. Great card and great fights tonight. Ben "Smooth" Henderson is a beast at 155!

longBallLima
12-09-2012, 01:14 AM
1-3 lol

Rodja
12-09-2012, 09:13 AM
That was the best UFC on Fox so far. Great card and great fights tonight. Ben "Smooth" Henderson is a beast at 155!

Did you watch the last one? The names weren't as big, but it was the best card in years with two FOTY candidates.

USN HM 350Z
12-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Penn needs to retire NOW

Swick looked like crap....... or Matt brown looked just that damn good.

Rodja
12-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Penn needs to retire NOW

Swick looked like crap....... or Matt brown looked just that damn good.

Brown looked really good. Ever since he started training with Louie, he's had a lot more pop on his punches.

Rulk
12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Did you watch the last one? The names weren't as big, but it was the best card in years with two FOTY candidates.

Don't think I caught the last one. In any event, UFC on Fox is a great program and it's free!:)

Scope75
12-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeah good free UFC cards are always nice.
It's funny that the free shoes are sometimes better than the Payperview events.

Rulk
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
^ I know, I have bought bad ppv's in the past ( compared to Ufc on Fox ). Guess they sweeting the free shows to get you to buy the ppv events.

Scope75
12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
^ I know, I have bought bad ppv's in the past ( compared to Ufc on Fox ). Guess they sweeting the free shows to get you to buy the ppv events.

That's exactly what they are doing and I bet it works.

Rodja
12-12-2012, 03:49 PM
There Fox contract gives them better coverage compared to Spike. One thing that Zuffa needs to do, though, is cut back on the amount of events each year. 20-24 is plenty as that gives 12 PPVs, 4 Fox cards, 2 TUF finales, and random Fuel cards. This year was mired by injuries and I really hope that doesn't happen nearly as much next year.

Rulk
12-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see 2 shows a month, averaging a show every 2 weeks. 1 ppv a month and one free show a month. I dont have fuel wich sucks. I want them to build more talent, and interesting fights.

Ah... 2012, the injury plagued year. We could do a whole other thread on that bit. Perhaps with more shows, there can be more alternates, but usually the match ups they make are the ones I want to see- ( kudos to the match makers btw ).

Scope75
12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see 2 shows a month, averaging a show every 2 weeks. 1 ppv a month and one free show a month. I dont have fuel wich sucks. I want them to build more talent, and interesting fights.

Ah... 2012, the injury plagued year. We could do a whole other thread on that bit. Perhaps with more shows, there can be more alternates, but usually the match ups they make are the ones I want to see- ( kudos to the match makers btw ).

That's what I'd also like to see.
1 PPV, and 1 free show a month, plus the tuf shows.