PDA

View Full Version : but maaa, bulking is hard!

booklifter
04-20-2015, 12:00 PM
For any of the pansies out there who have ever complained about the difficulty of getting 4000-6000 calories a day during a bulk, this sweet little 125 lb. girl (okay, mother of four, but still...) just ate three 72 oz. steak dinners in a few minutes (so that's 13.5 pounds of steak alone, plus the sides). That's about 20,000 calories in less than an hour. Molly Schuyler Destroys A 72-Ounce Steak on Devour.com (http://devour.com/video/molly-schuyler-destroys-a-72-ounce-steak/) <-- This is actually a video of her doing just one of them - she's done this a few times now, first one at a time, then two at a time, then three.

So, aside from her being the greatest MILF on the planet, the point is: NO EXCUSES! If you can't get some daily caloric excess from clean eating, you should probably get out of body building and just go babysit her kids.

booklifter
04-20-2015, 12:04 PM
this sweet little 125 lb. girl

Correction, it's being reported that these days she's only 120 lbs. Apparently she's been losing weight :rolleyes:

Freepressright
04-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Correction, it's being reported that these days she's only 120 lbs. Apparently she's been losing weight :rolleyes:

My ideal bulk, where I could actually do it right now, would require two things:

-Money for clean, calorie dense food
-Morning workouts, so I could eat all day long without being too full to work out. Indigestion is a killer for me.

booklifter
04-20-2015, 01:12 PM
-Money for clean, calorie dense food
-Morning workouts, so I could eat all day long without being too full to work out. Indigestion is a killer for me.

The money thing is hard, but are you taking any digestive enzyme and probiotic supplements? I think these (especially the protease) represent some of the most underappreciated/overlooked supplements across the community/sport/whatever-we-are. Some will say that when you eat real food in a normal diet, you naturally get enough enzymes to be able to digest your food. They're right, but our diets are far from normal and it's not enough just to be able to eventually get it through our systems - we need to break it down fast (if for no other reason than to prepare for the next meal), and absorb as much of the nutrients as possible. Throw in diet-skew like protein powders, isolated from their parent plants and animals and treated, sanitized, spray-dried, instantized - suddenly you're getting a whole lot of protein with absolutely zero concurrent proteases. Some of the mass gainers and regular protein powders claim to include supplemental digestive enzymes, and they do, but if you actually look at the quantity provided it's about 1% of what you really need with that 'meal' (and what you'd get from a single dose of the dedicated supplement). Similar principle with real food - it's not as dire a situation regarding a lack of natural enzymes, but because it's real food with real weight and volume, you want the enzymes that much more to ward off indigestion.

Anyway, you may already be doing this, but just in case you haven't tried it, something to keep in mind whenever you are back to bulking.

hossam
04-20-2015, 11:44 PM
The money thing is hard, but are you taking any digestive enzyme and probiotic supplements? I think these (especially the protease) represent some of the most underappreciated/overlooked supplements across the community/sport/whatever-we-are. Some will say that when you eat real food in a normal diet, you naturally get enough enzymes to be able to digest your food. They're right, but our diets are far from normal and it's not enough just to be able to eventually get it through our systems - we need to break it down fast (if for no other reason than to prepare for the next meal), and absorb as much of the nutrients as possible. Throw in diet-skew like protein powders, isolated from their parent plants and animals and treated, sanitized, spray-dried, instantized - suddenly you're getting a whole lot of protein with absolutely zero concurrent proteases. Some of the mass gainers and regular protein powders claim to include supplemental digestive enzymes, and they do, but if you actually look at the quantity provided it's about 1% of what you really need with that 'meal' (and what you'd get from a single dose of the dedicated supplement). Similar principle with real food - it's not as dire a situation regarding a lack of natural enzymes, but because it's real food with real weight and volume, you want the enzymes that much more to ward off indigestion.

Anyway, you may already be doing this, but just in case you haven't tried it, something to keep in mind whenever you are back to bulking.

i agree, digestive enzymes and probiotics are so important for a bodybuilder

Freepressright
04-21-2015, 06:42 AM
I always did well on bulks when I worked out first thing in the morning. It enabled me to load up on food the rest of the day.

I always struggled with indigestion at the gym from overeating. I could eat a big lunch at noon, and would still be uncomfortable/full feeling at the gym at 4:30. Although I was not taking enzymes or probiotics. I had often considered it, though. I'll certainly take that under advisement.

BBG
04-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Bulking can be hard... the hardest part is managing fat gain. Pretty much any of us could be 230 plus if we didn't care that were were at 17% bodyfat+. We'd be strong as hell too.

I think people just need a heightened appetite to be able to eat as much of the RIGHT kinds of foods. IE, chicken, broccoli, steak (tasty but filling usually), eggs, tuna, etc., the generally accepted clean foods that we can agree on.

So, on that note, anything that boosts your appetite is going to help a lot. Certain steroids, like trestolone, some supplements like Dermacrine or Slin-Sane, the peptide GHRP-6... all boost appetite.

booklifter
04-21-2015, 02:09 PM
Yeah, trestolone, good idea. When's the world gonna see that again? :D

Ape McGrapes
04-22-2015, 11:12 AM
IMO, Molly Schuyler is probably the best eater in the world. IDK, if she is experienced enough to take on Chestnut but she would be better than Miki Sudo. As long as she is on the independent circuit and not signed to MLE, we will never know.

The future of the sport is Matt Stonie. With Joey coming out of his prime, you will see a switch in the number one and two seat, with Matt shattering most of Chestnuts record in the next few years.

William3
03-21-2016, 07:54 AM
Is whey protein is best for bulking and size...?

breast enhancement pills (http://ehealthdiet.com/breast-actives)