PDA

View Full Version : Most beers could slaughter your testosterone

Freepressright
04-23-2015, 06:12 AM
I'm glad someone finally put out a comprehensive article about how alcohol affects test levels.

LINK: Alcohol and Testosterone: The Effect of Drinking on Hormones (http://anabolicmen.com/alcohol-testosterone/)

Love this quote: "It’s also worth mentioning that beer is probably one of the worst alcoholic beverages to enjoy, if you’re interested in not fucking up your testosterone levels. This is because the hops of which most beers are made from contain a very potent phytoestrogen called: 8-Prenylnaringenin. In fact, hops are so estrogenic that the women who pick them up by hand, often experience menstrual problems. Another not so awesome compound in beer is called xanthohumol, which can impair hormone signaling."

Personally, I do not find that alcohol and fitness are a good pair. I very occasionally consume alcohol.

My stepdad drank a 12-pack of beer nightly and I always heard my mom complain about how he had no sex drive. My wife's ex-husband did the same thing and had no erectile function by his early 30s. I've heard female friends complain that their chronic beer drinking spouses either couldn't get it up or couldn't keep it up.

That's a major reason I do not drink but only the VERY occasional beer. It isn't worth my male prowess.

tallstraw
04-23-2015, 09:21 AM
They need to make a beer for gainzzzz

Freepressright
04-23-2015, 09:50 AM
They need to make a beer for gainzzzz

I think I remember reading that Redbridge is sorghum beer. A pro-DHT beer? Maybe

Strong_Guy
04-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Interesting. I quit drinking about 3 years ago and have never looked back. Just before my diagnosis with some major digestive issues (ulcerative colitis). Once that happened, I couldn't drink anymore even if I wanted to, there was a kind of silver lining in that ironically. Besides just not feeling like shit all the time, I've managed to get in the best shape of my life.

Freepressright
04-23-2015, 12:08 PM
It has been my experience that the vast majority of my friends who regularly engage in consuming domestic beers are the type of guys who get off work at 5, park their ass on the couch and scratch their ass and junk while farting in front of everyone in the room. When it comes to sex, you know damn well they're huffing, puffing, sweating and doing everything they can to keep it up for the five minutes of wind they have in themselves.

Granted, this is not representative of every beer drinker out there, so please don't get offended if you're one of those guys, but if your life revolves around whether you can drink beer, or it roadblocks your ability to do something productive with your evenings on a regular basis, you might have a problem.

I'm not anti-drinking. There's a time and place for it. But I'm thankful that I've come from a LONG lineage of drunks and never felt the need to make it a regular part of my life.

Cdsnuts
04-23-2015, 12:30 PM
I think I remember reading that Redbridge is sorghum beer. A pro-DHT beer? Maybe

Too bad it taste like ass.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the other reasons I like cycling hormones is that I can get away with drinking alcohol without suffering the hormonal consequences. I drink on occasion, but it definitely effects my alpha status in a negative way.

Cdsnuts
04-23-2015, 12:32 PM

One of the reasons I like cycling hormones is that I can get away with drinking on occasion without suffering the hormonal consequences. I definitely relinquish my alpha status after a night of knocking them back if I'm not enhanced.

entropy
04-23-2015, 12:38 PM
I can't be certain but I'm suspicious CD isn't a fan of sorghum beer.

Freepressright
04-23-2015, 12:42 PM
One might draw that conclusion :)

Cdsnuts
04-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Not gonna lie, I do miss getting smashed. I was a heavy drinker before my propecia days and subsequent journey that followed. While I could never go back to doing that to myself, I do think back fondly to the drunken nights. I just pay too high a price these days. When I do have a drink, it's bourbon, straight up.

Androhard + Bourbon = not being a little girl the next day. Lol.

Hank!
04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
yeah but what do you think of that Redbridge is sorghum beer? Just curious

Mad Mardigan
04-24-2015, 12:25 AM
Whiskey's ok though right? :rolleyes:

Freepressright
04-24-2015, 06:19 AM
I, too, choose liquor when it's time to tie one on.

silverstrand
04-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Not gonna lie, I do miss getting smashed. I was a heavy drinker before my propecia days and subsequent journey that followed. While I could never go back to doing that to myself, I do think back fondly to the drunken nights. I just pay too high a price these days. When I do have a drink, it's bourbon, straight up.

Androhard + Bourbon = not being a little girl the next day. Lol.

This suggests to me that the recovery you have experienced isn't strongly resilient; meaning that though you feel like you are %100 that you can quickly and easily be knocked off tract.
This is kind of a bummer since I imagined this might be the case. I'm really hoping for a full recovery, to the point of having never taken the stuff but I'm guessing that is just wishful thinking.
Have you ever gone an extended period of time without supplements to see where things are naturally?

entropy
04-24-2015, 12:29 PM
This suggests to me that the recovery you have experienced isn't strongly resilient; meaning that though you feel like you are %100 that you can quickly and easily be knocked off tract.
This is kind of a bummer since I imagined this might be the case. I'm really hoping for a full recovery, to the point of having never taken the stuff but I'm guessing that is just wishful thinking.
Have you ever gone an extended period of time without supplements to see where things are naturally?

It doesn't suggest anything of the sort and your egotistical attitude to it makes you look a bit douchey. Alcohol is poison at the end of the day, most people feel shitty after a heavy nights drinking. Its known colloquially as a hangover and people who've never taken 5aris get them too.

Analysis paralysis will kill any chance of recovery you have quicker than propecia.

tallstraw
04-24-2015, 01:32 PM
Lol dude you just started learning about this stuff right? And you already think you're ready to start throwing out prognosis to people? Play your part dude, keep reading. How long before your PFS were you reading about hormones, and etc? Because I can guarantee-damn-tee you everyone here has been reading about this stuff for years..and not just what helps PFS stuff, but everything endocrinology related to what we like to do..lift, optimize our alpha..

...and juice hahaha
This is probably the smartest board I've been on besides PP.

O.N.
04-24-2015, 01:37 PM
I don't actually drink.

Yes of course I have had plenty of drinks, but by choice my wife and I choose not to drink. Don't see the point in it.

My test levels whilst on Res100 are 34nmol/L our lab range is 8-32....So I am 2 above normal. I do think with a bit more concentrated effort i could go higher.

silverstrand
04-25-2015, 02:37 PM
It doesn't suggest anything of the sort and your egotistical attitude to it makes you look a bit douchey. Alcohol is poison at the end of the day, most people feel shitty after a heavy nights drinking. Its known colloquially as a hangover and people who've never taken 5aris get them too.

Analysis paralysis will kill any chance of recovery you have quicker than propecia.

It's not ego bro. It's an observation followed by a question.
Thanks for your input.

Freepressright
04-26-2015, 01:25 PM
It's not ego bro. It's an observation followed by a question.
Thanks for your input.

Either way, my point in this topic was to point out some science which coincides with my opinion that regular alcohol consumption and fitness are not a good match.