PDA

View Full Version : Modular Series βAIBA

totalflexblog
04-30-2015, 05:14 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/9s4emf.jpg

Antaeus Labs Modular Series βAIBA is a dietary supplement containing β-aminoisobutyric acid.

Beta-aminoisobutyric acid, or BAIBA for short.

When you exercise, benefits of that exercise are seen in many different organs of the body, not just the muscles that were exercised. These metabolic benefits are the result of "messenger" molecules that are released into the blood stream and travel to other tissues where the benefits of exercise are realised. One such messenger molecule, or "myokine", is understood to be the amino acid beta-aminoisobutyric acid.
BAIBA is an amino acid that your body produces in response to exercise. After being released into the blood stream, it starts a thermogenic program in fat tissue, raising energy expenditure and reducing weight gain when tested in mice. When mouse or human white fat cells are exposed to BAIBA, some of them become fat-burning "beige" fat cells. Beige (or BRITE) fat cells contain the protein UCP-1 - also known as "thermogenin" because it burns triglycerides to produce heat.

- BAIBA is produced naturally by the human body – it’s formed from the catabolism of thymine [1][2] and is also product of exercise-induced PGC1a-mediated amino acid breakdown. [3]
- BAIBA increases the utilization of free fatty acids and decreases fat mass in mice. [4]
- BAIBA stimulates the differentiation of white fat cells into thermogenic beige/brite fat cells in both in vivo animal experiments and in vitro human stem cell studies. [5][6]

Antaeus Labs Modular Series βAIBA contains just the amino acid BAIBA, in powder form for easy dosing. It's tasteless and odorless, and mixes well with a soft drink or protein shake. It is suitable for both men and women.

βAIBA is suited for use by:
- those trying to lose weight, in combination with a healthy diet and exercise regime
- those trying to reap the maximal metabolic benefits from their exercise regime
- those who may be temporarily unable to exercise through injury or illness

βAIBA stacks well with: Antaeus Labs LipoMorph

1. β-Aminoisobutyric Acid, a New Probe for the Metabolism of DNA and RNA in Normal and Tumorous Tissue. Cancer Res 34, 1381–1384.
2. The excretion of beta-aminoisobutyric acid following thymine and dihydrothymine administration to man. Aust J Exp Biol Med Sci 39, 423–427.
3. PGC-1α-Mediated Branched-Chain Amino Acid Metabolism in the Skeletal Muscle. PLoS ONE 9, e91006.
4. Effects of zidovudine, stavudine and beta-aminoisobutyric acid on lipid homeostasis in mice: possible role in human fat wasting. Antivir. Ther. (Lond.) 9, 801–810.
5. β-Aminoisobutyric Acid Induces Browning of White Fat and Hepatic β-Oxidation and Is Inversely Correlated with Cardiometabolic Risk Factors. Cell Metabolism 19, 96–108.
6. Come on BAIBA Light My Fire. Cell Metabolism 19, 1–2.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

totalflexblog
04-30-2015, 05:17 AM
βAIBA is available to buy now - and in the future could be as ubiquitous as beta-alanine, another amino acid that is very similar to BAIBA in both structure and origin (though with different effects).

http://i60.tinypic.com/t7ik3l.jpg

Hank!
04-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Here is the link to purchase
Antaeus Labs (http://www.antaeuslabs.com/buyonline.html)

weekend
04-30-2015, 10:01 AM
according to the main study, they used 100-170 mg/mg per day... so thats 1/3 of a tub per day?

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully it's actually a 300g tub

BBG
04-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Was that dose on rats? Rats have to megadose due to metabolism.... Doesn't convert mg/kg of weight to humans haha

weekend
04-30-2015, 02:48 PM
yeah it was on rats. lol

Hank!
04-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Found this
http://http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S155041311300497X

To examine whether BAIBA could dose-dependently induce the expression of brown adipocyte-specific genes in WAT in vivo, mice were treated with 100 mg/kg/day or 170 mg/kg/day of BAIBA in drinking water for 14 days based on preliminary dose escalation studies.

Top dose was 170mg/kg in the rats

Ergo log says this the math to convert from rat to people
(170mg x 3)/37 = 13.78mg per km for Humans
for me at 245lbs the upper end of the dosing is 1.5gms a day. I would do 1gm a day so a tub is 30 days.

BBG
05-06-2015, 06:41 PM
I have 2 tubs on the way and will start dosing at 1.5grams daily. About 200lbs right now.

Bam24
05-06-2015, 08:13 PM
I have 2 tubs on the way and will start dosing at 1.5grams daily. About 200lbs right now.

What's the half life on this stuff. I'll prob do 1g per day so it lasts the full 30 days just hv to decided on 1. Or split dose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBG
05-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Well I received 4 tubs instead of 2 so... still starting at 1.5grams but gonna dose higher.

Mad Mardigan
05-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Def let us know how you like it. I am wondering if strength or muscle loss may occur at a gram +

totalflexblog
05-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Def let us know how you like it. I am wondering if strength or muscle loss may occur at a gram +

Any reason why you think it might?

Hank!
05-08-2015, 04:45 AM
Whatever happened to following minimum effective dosing? Jeez

How much Baiba in 2 caps of Lipomorph Henryv?

BBG
05-08-2015, 07:18 AM

Actually I did decide to start at 1gram. I'll post up a log probably soon or at least a review. The powder is very sweet. Possibly it's really similiar to glycine, I'm not sure. Either way you can just measure of 1/4 of a teaspoon and toss it back without any problem.

Per serving lipomorph was 250mg

totalflexblog
05-08-2015, 11:52 AM

LipoMorph has 250mg of BAIBA per cap.

Hank!
05-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Cool , I look forward to updates on this BBG. I still have some Lipomorph which is great when I remember to take with food, otherwise it does give me heartburn

Mad Mardigan
05-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Any reason why you think it might?

Not really. Curious when it comes to possible increase in myostatin and reduction of anabolism with activation of AmpK. Does it matter? Probably not, just always curious, looking at all angles.

totalflexblog
05-11-2015, 12:25 AM
Not really. Curious when it comes to possible increase in myostatin and reduction of anabolism with activation of AmpK. Does it matter? Probably not, just always curious, looking at all angles.

I don't think BAIBA affects AMPK or myostatin. The observed effects so far largely relate to fatty acid oxidation and energy balance.

Mad Mardigan
05-11-2015, 04:50 AM
Love the compound. I think it has huge promise and is very effective. The limited studies are impressive. My speculation was only that. This is a very effective fat burner. I have dosed lipomorph at 4 caps, was very lean without effort. This was on a caloric surplus which makes me wonder if catabolism is obvious on high doses. I predict others jumping on the bandwagon though. Imo, we have something here (thanks Henry + Antaeus) and should try to take advantage while we can. My experimentation surprised me.

BBG
05-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Basically it's so effective at fat burning you wonder if it's inducing a general state of catabolism? I'm on a pretty strict cut. I'll let you guys know if I'm losing any strength in the gym. So far all my lifts continue to go up. And I lift fasted.

Granted that won't prove anything, but I'm very careful about not losing strength on a cut... I think losing strength = losing muscle while cutting. Which is a no go ;)

Mad Mardigan
05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Yes just something I was looking out for as a possibility. Like if you took a high dose of T3, or ephedrine, or anything else that can have a strong effect on metabolism. I do not necessarily expect it to do so but it crossed my mind when I lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks with basically no effort or diet change.