PDA

View Full Version : Proviron - Your thoughts, experiences, recommendations

silverstrand
05-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Hello All,

I'm curious about Proviron. The methylated oral dht derivative has some really interesting characteristics to it and I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has had some experience with this compound.
Some of the questions I have rolling around in my brain are:

Being methylated, I'm worried about liver toxicity; however, it is suggested to be minimally so, do you agree? (I'm sure this depends on dosage and duration of use)
It’s said to bind to aromatase enzyme - is this a suicide inhibition or weakly bound and can be broken?
Proviron has a high binding affinity to SHBG, so what dosage would be needed to allow proviron to flow through the blood to then attach to the AR Receptor?
Are the fat burning qualities to it significant or just minimal?
When used solo, it can have a positive effect on HPTA - what dosage would you recommend for this process?
Some anecdotal stories say, the proviron raised libido but lowered seminal volume - does this make sense?
It’s said at dosages of 25mg to 50mg, it can be run for up to 12 weeks, much longer than any other oral and past recommended time frames for most injectables - Can it be ran for longer or for same amount of time, 12 weeks, but at higher dosages?
What type of rebound can be expected when comming off a cycle?
Based on it steroid profile, would it be better to taper off when coming off a cycle?

No need to answer all questions but any feedback you provide would be appreciated. Also, if you have anything else to add, suggestions, experiences, etc.. that you feel is important, please include.

Thanks all, hope you are having a good one!

DJM
05-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Now ay is it cycle worthy as you are implying to use it, it's an ancillary drug at the most

Cdsnuts
05-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Now ay is it cycle worthy as you are implying to use it, it's an ancillary drug at the most
Holy shit......look who blew into town....

DJM
05-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Lol
Yeah, I popf in here n there but nothing ever long enough to post, I'll try harder

Cdsnuts
05-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Lol
Yeah, I popf in here n there but nothing ever long enough to post, I'll try harder
Its been a hot minute....

DJM
05-17-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm very out of touch with all the dos and phs and all these other herbs and stuff guys stack, I'll camp out in the aas section

Cdsnuts
05-17-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm very out of touch with all the dos and phs and all these other herbs and stuff guys stack, I'll camp out in the aas section
Certainly not everyones thing. But im sure your knowledge would be much appreciated in the aas section.

weekend
05-17-2015, 08:18 PM
i have used plenty of proviron. i like it when it's used with reasonable expectations in the right stack. goes well with GH and test for mild penis growth and erectile strength. maintains muscle strength in beginning of PCT (i definitely recommend continuing pct after dropping it, it will mildly suppress T levels.

great for libido, doses of 100-150 mg ED actually change body comp and add big vascularity starting 1-2 weeks in. other drugs are better for this, but 75 mg stacked into a cycle or TRT is my fave dose to feel stronger, manlier, sex machine esque. it is certainly better for libido than masteron. stacking the two is nice. excited to stack it with test and primo for the first time soon.

weekend
05-17-2015, 08:21 PM
if you wanted to run a mild cycle based around proviron i would run 200 testosterone with it and run the proviron at 100 every day something like this

testosterone 200 mg/week week 1-10
proviron 100 mg/day week 2-12
PCT 12-18

- - - Updated - - -

and fatburning is only noticeable at and above 100 mg.

tallstraw
05-17-2015, 11:50 PM
The man himself has flown down on his cloud and graced us with his presence

silverstrand
05-18-2015, 01:47 AM
if you wanted to run a mild cycle based around proviron i would run 200 testosterone with it and run the proviron at 100 every day something like this

testosterone 200 mg/week week 1-10
proviron 100 mg/day week 2-12
PCT 12-18

- - - Updated - - -

and fatburning is only noticeable at and above 100 mg.

Thanks for the feedback Weekend, especially on the dosages. I'm thinking of only running 25 mgs per day split into two dosages, morning and evening. At this low dose, I don't believe it will suppress test and instead might actually increase it - would you agree?
You might ask, why I'd run such a low dose - well its for the SHBG component of the drug. It has a higher binding affinity than actual DHT so I figure I can run this along side Andractim and get more Free DHT flowing through my veins.

Bucks
05-18-2015, 05:16 AM
Its been a hot minute....

Or 3.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DJM
05-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Ass ^

weekend
05-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback Weekend, especially on the dosages. I'm thinking of only running 25 mgs per day split into two dosages, morning and evening. At this low dose, I don't believe it will suppress test and instead might actually increase it - would you agree?
You might ask, why I'd run such a low dose - well its for the SHBG component of the drug. It has a higher binding affinity than actual DHT so I figure I can run this along side Andractim and get more Free DHT flowing through my veins.

what else are you taking? Are you post finasteride or something?

Proviron will not increase your test at any dose. Andractim will have a negative affect too. Run a higher dose of proviron with some clomid if you want it to work like that.

silverstrand
05-18-2015, 12:48 PM
what else are you taking? Are you post finasteride or something?

Proviron will not increase your test at any dose. Andractim will have a negative affect too. Run a higher dose of proviron with some clomid if you want it to work like that.

Yes, I'm post fin. Things are improving, slowly. Right now, I'm on Andractim and 1/3 Androhard. I'm also taking some herbs; some every day and others cycled. I'm looking for long duration protocals. I feel proviron will be a nice addition at low to moderate dosages.

silverstrand
05-18-2015, 01:27 PM

Hello DJM - that's exactly how I'd like to use it. Mainly to occupy my SHBG and provide some anti-estrogen to some extent. I'm thinking at 25mgs might be sufficient enough to free my natural Test and support my more naturally structured DHT protocol.
Do we know just how much SHBG is produced by the body in a given day? I'm looking into this - I'm sure it has a wide range and depends on variables such as how much estrogen is there to induce more from the liver.

silverstrand
05-18-2015, 04:07 PM
BTW

DJM
05-18-2015, 04:16 PM
General question, who's pure gear? And how is purchasing Proviron legal? I'm lost lol

silverstrand
05-18-2015, 05:39 PM
General question, who's pure gear? And how is purchasing Proviron legal? I'm lost lol

I believe the government has made practically everything illegal

tallstraw
05-18-2015, 05:46 PM
No source questions silver.

Mad Mardigan
05-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Yeah should keep the source talk out of it. Only tried proviron with test. 75 mg was nice, boners on demand, and all the time really. Definitely frees up test and enhances any cycle. Personally I would not use proviron in any recovery protocol.

silverstrand
05-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Yeah should keep the source talk out of it. Only tried proviron with test. 75 mg was nice, boners on demand, and all the time really. Definitely frees up test and enhances any cycle. Personally I would not use proviron in any recovery protocol.

Thanks, I went back and edited the post to nothing - still new at discussing these things online in forums. Appreciate the feedback

tallstraw
05-19-2015, 07:12 PM
It's no problem..and why I wasn't a dick about it.

silverstrand
06-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Proviron rocks - anyone on a cycle will benefit from it at 50mgs/daily, I firmly believe that. DHT is absolutely the King of hormones.

tallstraw
06-12-2015, 09:19 PM
No
Testosterone is.

DJM
06-12-2015, 09:21 PM
No
Testosterone is.

Agreed

nate3993
06-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Yeah. That's actually.....fact. Tetsosterone

DHT is pretty dam coo. But test is the cooest

entropy
06-13-2015, 12:06 PM
DHT is the King of Androgens. Not hormones. I think if it wasn't deactivated in muscle tissue it could probably give test a good fight.

silverstrand
06-15-2015, 02:43 PM
DHT is the King of Androgens. Not hormones. I think if it wasn't deactivated in muscle tissue it could probably give test a good fight.

You're right - it's title should be King of Androgens, not hormones. And yes, deactivation does make it less potent than testosterone at building muscle. I have this suspiscion though, that the deactivation may actually not be a weakness but a potential strength just not clearly understood at this time. I get this idea that over long periods of time, DHT might actually be a way to build significant mass but indirectly and with much less suppression. Its hard to find research on DHT metabolites. Most bodybuilders reveiws I've read believe DHT in combination with Test is a good stack so why not have both unless androgenic sides are a concern.

Freepressright
06-18-2015, 08:58 AM

I absolutely agree, wholeheartedly.

So does this guy:

Testosterone is great but is Dihydrotestosterone is the king of all male androgens? | Mahler's Aggressive Strength (http://www.mikemahler.com/online-library/articles/hormone-optimization/dihydrotestosterone-king-of-male-androgens.html)

Great read, by the way

Cdsnuts
06-18-2015, 02:51 PM
DHT = Life blood of manhood.