PDA

View Full Version : How's your hair?

entropy
07-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Hey guys. As is pretty well known by now I'm a "recovered" pfser. I say "recovered" cause every time I feel like I'm "100%" I realise I'm really not. So I guess I'm average and the lifestyle changes haven't hit the ceiling for improvement yet.

Anyway the question now is. "how is your hair?" especially interested in the response from the guys trying dht prohormones etc. My hair is in the best condition it's been in for seven or so years and that really weirds me out.. I'm not complaining obviously but it does pose questions about androgen receptors, the real "cause" of male pattern baldness and if we were even truly "balding" when we started.

ToniBR
07-07-2015, 05:51 AM
Hey guys. As is pretty well known by now I'm a "recovered" pfser. I say "recovered" cause every time I feel like I'm "100%" I realise I'm really not. So I guess I'm average and the lifestyle changes haven't hit the ceiling for improvement yet.

Anyway the question now is. "how is your hair?" especially interested in the response from the guys trying dht prohormones etc. My hair is in the best condition it's been in for seven or so years and that really weirds me out.. I'm not complaining obviously but it does pose questions about androgen receptors, the real "cause" of male pattern baldness and if we were even truly "balding" when we started.

Mine is getting thinner and losing color. I do believe that I began losing hair because of stress and maybe lack of biotin since I was eating too many egg whites. My hair loss was more diffuse and not so much on the hairline, so yes, I shouldn't have taken fin in the first place. Funny thing is that on the first day I had improved libido.

Swill
07-07-2015, 01:54 PM
I took fin for around 7 years with no side effects whatsoever before I finally bottomed out and it struck. I lost very little hair in the first 6 months but then after that as I experimented with ways to heighten androgens it began to fall out. That was two years ago and it continues to to fall out at an increasing rate, particularly as I undertake measures to heighten my androgens. It's condition hasn't changed but I'm beginning to go really thin, particularly hairline and crown... have avoided shaving thus far as I something called Toppik (fibres you shake onto the hair that really give the appearance of much thicker hair - vanity remains haha) but I will be at peace shaving it when the time comes that it no longer covers the hair loss, which I suspect will be within a year if the rate of hair loss continues.

I cannot really comment on my reaction to DHT PH's as when I used AndroHard v3 around this time last year it didnt really help my sexual sides so I ceased use, I now believe you need to be 'nearly there' in terms of recovery before they are affective, at least in my case anyhow. I suspect were I to take it now, it would rapidly accelerate the hair loss as expected.

I have read, as you probably have too Entropy, anecdotal reports of post-fin people not losing their hair after being struck, normally however whilst they are still quite bad off. Just a thought, but how was your lifestyle pre-fin?... what I'm getting at is that with the herb rotation, the strong diet and the lifestyle changes you have made to make yourself feel better since being affected have resulted in the positive condition of your hair in comparison to previously, where maybe you weren't quiet as dialled in? I know I certainly wasn't pre-fin, and i've always been relatively healthy.

Are you taking the toco caps or palm fruit extract too? That is meant to help with hair volume and condition.

Hope you are well bro!

Swill
07-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Have you noticed and increase in thickness and density, or mainly in its condition bro?

Cdsnuts
07-08-2015, 05:03 PM
I'm bald as hell and love it. Just think of what I could have saved myself if I would have just done that right off the bat. I'm a proud member of the dollar shave club.

ToniBR
07-08-2015, 05:39 PM
I couldn't care less about my hair now, thats for sure. Actually I wish I could care about something.

entropy
07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Have you noticed and increase in thickness and density, or mainly in its condition bro?

Like.. Everything. Thickness, hair density, little hairs sprouting at the slick areas around the temples. Its hilarious and weird, right when I stopped caring at all it seems to have decided to stick around a while longer.

Swill
07-09-2015, 12:46 PM
How long ago did you quit fin? If I recall correctly, the patient information leaflet states you should lose the hair that fin was keeping within around 12 months... That leaflet claims a lot of things though, as we are all well aware!!

Around the 8/9 month mark I noticed my hair really starting to thin out, and now as I work to correct my hormones it gets progressively worse (which obviously doesn't bother me in the slightest... fuck hair if that is the cost).

As long as you are feeling good that's what matters man, it could be the supplements and lifestyle you now lead having a positive impact on the follicles... You'd think the DHT PH's would have a deleterious effect though.

entropy
07-09-2015, 03:50 PM
How long ago did you quit fin? If I recall correctly, the patient information leaflet states you should lose the hair that fin was keeping within around 12 months... That leaflet claims a lot of things though, as we are all well aware!!

Around the 8/9 month mark I noticed my hair really starting to thin out, and now as I work to correct my hormones it gets progressively worse (which obviously doesn't bother me in the slightest... fuck hair if that is the cost).

As long as you are feeling good that's what matters man, it could be the supplements and lifestyle you now lead having a positive impact on the follicles... You'd think the DHT PH's would have a deleterious effect though.

Wanna hear something real weird? I took the stuff from seventeen on and off until 25. Never saw these kinda results. This is unbelievably confusing.

weekend
07-09-2015, 04:36 PM
No fin for me. Shaved my head to a #1, have lost some hairline and thickness from lots of tren and masteron, and the worst culprit of all exemestane, never lost any from epiandro or test...

Currently dermarolling and minox and tea tree conditioner and biotin and palmfruit. I think if I keep this up I'll have my juvenile hairline back in about 6 months, grow it back and then do small bouts of this method intermittently. Head has to be buzzed for me to deal with minox application and dermarolling.

ToniBR
07-10-2015, 10:45 AM
You guys should try something called Finasteride. It works really well. Only have some libido sides in 2% of the men who use it, but those subside after you stop. No worries.

silverstrand
07-10-2015, 11:02 AM
I'm bald as hell and love it. Just think of what I could have saved myself if I would have just done that right off the bat. I'm a proud member of the dollar shave club.

I'm in %100 agreement. I should be completely bald right now; my dad was by my age at this point. Since Fin derailed my balding, I'm not much different from the point at which I took the poison. I cant wait until it starts falling out again at a fast pace.

silverstrand
07-10-2015, 11:12 AM

What is it exactly that reminds you're not at %100? Sexual drive, energy levels, quality of sleep, etc...What would make you feel like you are recovered? I ask because I just had a brief period of 4 days, where mentally, I felt as close to my old self as ever before. Its such a mind bender because it feels like I'm having a slow ongoing identity crisis. It was very dissappointing to have this fade after the 4th day. I still feel a slight lingering sensation of mental clarity I had but quality of sleep while awesome those 4 days, now sucks again and knocked me back.

entropy
07-10-2015, 11:45 AM
What is it exactly that reminds you're not at %100? Sexual drive, energy levels, quality of sleep, etc...What would make you feel like you are recovered? I ask because I just had a brief period of 4 days, where mentally, I felt as close to my old self as ever before. Its such a mind bender because it feels like I'm having a slow ongoing identity crisis. It was very dissappointing to have this fade after the 4th day. I still feel a slight lingering sensation of mental clarity I had but quality of sleep while awesome those 4 days, now sucks again and knocked me back.

To clarify further on this statement by an average man's standards I'm very much recovered.. But who wants to be average? I wanna be like fpr, cd, tallstraw. Above average.

To try and simplify my strange little mind, I'm "100% over fin". I'm not 100% of my capacity as a man yet.

Cdsnuts
07-10-2015, 11:49 AM

They key to getting better is to ride out those waves and stay the course. Your good days will start out numbering your bad days as long as you keep doing the right thing. This is when people get excited, and then devastated....when they see themselves as they were, but then it fades. If you're not aware of these ups and downs you may just think that what ever you were doing started to work, but then stopped. That's when guys throw in the towel or change to another strategy because they think it's not working. It's times like these when you need to be staying the course even more. Any changes are good changes and that lets you know you're on the right track.

Guys....you're going to get better as long as you keep on keeping on. Set it and forget it. Really.

Swill
07-10-2015, 02:25 PM
No fin for me. Shaved my head to a #1, have lost some hairline and thickness from lots of tren and masteron, and the worst culprit of all exemestane, never lost any from epiandro or test...

Currently dermarolling and minox and tea tree conditioner and biotin and palmfruit. I think if I keep this up I'll have my juvenile hairline back in about 6 months, grow it back and then do small bouts of this method intermittently. Head has to be buzzed for me to deal with minox application and dermarolling.

Im taking exemestane at the moment, and the hairloss has massively increased. Didn't think to attribute it to that, thought it was the increased androgens from the herbs. Getting some minor acne and greasier skin too... the thinks that make me happy nowadays haha

silverstrand
07-10-2015, 02:47 PM
To clarify further on this statement by an average man's standards I'm very much recovered.. But who wants to be average? I wanna be like fpr, cd, tallstraw. Above average.

To try and simplify my strange little mind, I'm "100% over fin". I'm not 100% of my capacity as a man yet.

Makes total sense - you'll get there then as you have a solid base to build on.

silverstrand
07-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Twhen they see themselves as they were, but then it fades.

This is exactly how it felt - I caught a glimpse of how good I used to feel. Really, it brought me to tears. Months have gone by and those 4 days where the first real results of all my efforts. I had been feeling different over the course of a couple months but nothing like those 4 days which took place over this past 4th of July holiday. The feeling hasn't gone away entirely, some of it is still with me - not as strong right now - hard to explain. The feeling was more mental, like no brain fog, a sense of self I had forgotten and sex drive slightly up (not to prefin but a good uptick). I just hope I'm not getting over excited.

Brazilianguy
07-10-2015, 05:55 PM
This is exactly how it felt - I caught a glimpse of how good I used to feel. Really, it brought me to tears. Months have gone by and those 4 days where the first real results of all my efforts. I had been feeling different over the course of a couple months but nothing like those 4 days which took place over this past 4th of July holiday. The feeling hasn't gone away entirely, some of it is still with me - not as strong right now - hard to explain. The feeling was more mental, like no brain fog, a sense of self I had forgotten and sex drive slightly up (not to prefin but a good uptick). I just hope I'm not getting over excited.

When I feel these ups and downs I always end up with a better baseline and this happens when I cycle herbs.
In my case what I'm doing is diet, exercise, ômega 3, will use ZMA because zinc, magnesium and b6 really helps and then herbs again.

I woke up with morning wood twice this week. Rock hard.

I was once 75% recovered, I was functional, I would be 100% If I didn't touch progesterone, weed and beta sistosterol herbs.

Keep going mate!

ToniBR
07-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I would give away everything I own just to feel like my old self for 24 hours. I working hard for this day to come.

Cdsnuts
07-11-2015, 09:01 AM
I would give away everything I own just to feel like my old self for 24 hours. I working hard for this day to come.

There is no need to give away everything for a paltry 24 hours. Give away everything to get it ALL back, and more. That's a much better deal. Use this desire and do what is necessary. Remember yourself saying this when the going gets tough.

- - - Updated - - -

3 steps forward one or two steps back. This is how you dance all the way to the promised land. Just don't stop dancing.

entropy
07-11-2015, 06:23 PM
There is no need to give away everything for a paltry 24 hours. Give away everything to get it ALL back, and more. That's a much better deal. Use this desire and do what is necessary. Remember yourself saying this when the going gets tough.

- - - Updated - - -

3 steps forward one or two steps back. This is how you dance all the way to the promised land. Just don't stop dancing.
Eloquent. Quoted for truth.

ToniBR
07-14-2015, 07:06 PM
"There is no need to give away everything for a paltry 24 hours. Give away everything to get it ALL back, and more. That's a much better deal. Use this desire and do what is necessary. Remember yourself saying this when the going gets tough."

Thanks, brother! That's what I need to hear. I'm back hitting hard on the weights again and just found a new girlfriend. Diet in check, supplements and mindset. I either get well or die trying.