PDA

View Full Version : Color scheme

pman42
11-05-2012, 11:29 AM
It is very visually fatiguing to me to read light text on dark background. I know I can change this in my browser preferences but then all the other websites I'm viewing look screwed up, and this one won't look optimal either.

if there any way to install different color options so that a user may select more readable ones? thanks

h2s
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
It is very visually fatiguing to me to read light text on dark background. I know I can change this in my browser preferences but then all the other websites I'm viewing look screwed up, and this one won't look optimal either.

if there any way to install different color options so that a user may select more readable ones? thanks

It is my hope to eventually offer 2-3 different themes, selectable by members preference. Unfortunately, it will take time to get those completed as well.

Rulk
11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Site looks good!

h2s
11-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Site looks good!

Hey big guy, glad you came over.

Rulk
11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey big guy, glad you came over.

Good to be here mate. Bummed still about PP, but still hopefull for down the road ventures from Eric.

Eden
11-05-2012, 08:24 PM
On this topic, I love being 66% colorblind.

h2s
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Is the forum still ok for you to read?

I actually went dark because I am opposite of many, to me, dark is much easier on the eyes than bright white themes. But I will work on others soon.

Eden
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh yes, it's perfect, unlike most seeing colors like yellow on white is no problem for me as are most color combinations that are nearly impossible to see for people who have full color vision. The colors are great, I also like darker colors because it makes the screen less bright.

pman42
11-05-2012, 11:14 PM
As long as different themes are planned for sometime in the future, that's cool. I just don't wanna get stuck in a t-nation-esque perdition. hate that site

markam
11-06-2012, 10:39 AM
I've tried the site a few times now, and definitely finding white text harder on the eyes than black text. Although you say this is going to be addressed, I just wanted to add my feedback. Site looks really good, though.

BBG
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I like the dark background with lighter colored text.

admin
11-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I've tried the site a few times now, and definitely finding white text harder on the eyes than black text. Although you say this is going to be addressed, I just wanted to add my feedback. Site looks really good, though.
I definitely have this on a to-do. I just can't prioritize it over other more "crucial" things that need to get done since this desing is functional for now. But I definitely hear the concerns you guys have.

AresTS
11-07-2012, 12:00 AM
I like the dark background with lighter colored text.

X2...

I just pulled up this text box in tapatalk and its black text on white background and I'm having to squint.

- Valdez

h2s
11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
X2...

I just pulled up this text box in tapatalk and its black text on white background and I'm having to squint.

- Valdez

I am not a previous tapatalk user (I actually just purchased it in order to test my install), so excuse what may be an obvious question, but does tapatalk allow the user to change color preferences?

AresTS
11-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I am not a previous tapatalk user (I actually just purchased it in order to test my install), so excuse what may be an obvious question, but does tapatalk allow the user to change color preferences?

Neither am I man. I specifically downloaded for this forum however, I think you can change the colors. Go to the main screen and touch your menu button and that should bring up an options for settings.

- Valdez

burlyman30
11-07-2012, 10:19 AM

2 out of 3 eyes ???

Eden
11-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Lol. I'm missing my medium wavelength rods. I can't see purple, red, Brown, or green properly. Pink Is gray, white humans look to me like corpses do to normal people. Most blacks look kinda bronze golden. No difference in color between most Asian races and white races. I use shape, size, pattern and context more than color to identify things.

R-Mac
11-07-2012, 11:58 PM
I am liking the color scheme!!

pman42
01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
ANy update on this? I am spending a lot of time on the site. my eyesight is not the greatest and the forum is really hard on my eyes. there are workarounds but then they make this site look a little odd, as well as others i visit.

Macdon1588
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
ANy update on this? I am spending a lot of time on the site. my eyesight is not the greatest and the forum is really hard on my eyes. there are workarounds but then they make this site look a little odd, as well as others i visit.

If you're reading it through something like an iPad use Tapatalk: you can change the colors on it to whatever you like.

h2s
01-06-2013, 10:03 PM

I should have some time next weekend, I will try and get one up, even if it is just a quick edit. I have had some other projects eat up my time.

pman42
01-07-2013, 12:23 AM
thank you very much. i apologize if it is an inconvenience but it seems with fairly robust forum software like SS has there should be an easy fix. but i dunno, i've never created a forum

h2s
01-07-2013, 07:32 AM
thank you very much. i apologize if it is an inconvenience but it seems with fairly robust forum software like SS has there should be an easy fix. but i dunno, i've never created a forum

Its no prob, I intended to do it earlier, just ran short on time. You are not the only one with this request.

Scope75
01-07-2013, 07:40 AM
The dark background with white text is much easier in my eyes then a light background with black text.
I only post from my phone and I just use the full site version.

admin
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
I haven't forgotten about this guys, I promise it is coming soon.

pman42
01-24-2013, 11:02 PM
^^ thank you.

when it comes to BBing on the internet, it is amazing how far ahead this one is, even though it's pretty much brand spankin' new. good members, good administrators, good mods.

h2s
01-25-2013, 07:32 AM
^^ thank you.

when it comes to BBing on the internet, it is amazing how far ahead this one is, even though it's pretty much brand spankin' new. good members, good administrators, good mods.

That makes me incredibly happy to hear. This site has been a lot more work than I thought it would be, even for my staff guys I bet, so I am happy to hear it is going as planned.