PDA

View Full Version : Nastiest supplement you've ever tasted?

entropy
02-25-2016, 12:30 PM
So guys, what's the nastiest thing you've ever stomached in the pursuit of a result? In my case, it's Project Unicorn preworkout. I bought two tubs of the stuff because the ingredients are pretty amazing but honest to God it tastes like sugar free blue raspberry soda and Mdma. I've used maybe 3 doses and just cannot deal with it.

Strong_Guy_
02-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Creatine ethyl ester. Hands down the nastiest thing I ever tasted supplement wise. Didn't matter what I mixed it with, it was disgusting.

Cdsnuts
02-25-2016, 02:32 PM
So guys, what's the nastiest thing you've ever stomached in the pursuit of a result? In my case, it's Project Unicorn preworkout. I bought two tubs of the stuff because the ingredients are pretty amazing but honest to God it tastes like sugar free blue raspberry soda and Mdma. I've used maybe 3 doses and just cannot deal with it.

Don't mind the taste of Molly because I attribute it to the results......same with most of the vile things I take on a daily basis. But the one thing that really gets to me every time is liftmodes tribulus. Ugh. You have to dose it several times a day and by the second or third I actually start getting angry.

derekh83
02-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Strawberry NitroTech from 2004. It was pepto bismol pink and sickly sweet. Barf in a bottle. Gagged that whole tub down for gains.

Grape Ape
02-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Cissus extract powder from USPowders. Eventually had to parachute it, and this did not go on for long.

Cdsnuts
02-25-2016, 04:16 PM
The things we do for results......

WesleyInman
02-25-2016, 04:51 PM
Cissus extract powder from USPowders. Eventually had to parachute it, and this did not go on for long.

Yep same here. This stuff was hideous. Also I used a Mass Gainer I used to sell at GNC back in the 90's. Banana flavor. Literally almost dry heaved every scoop. Forget the name, but will never forget how bad it was. GNC liquid aminos in the 90s made you want to die as well.

entropy
02-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Don't mind the taste of Molly because I attribute it to the results......same with most of the vile things I take on a daily basis. But the one thing that really gets to me every time is liftmodes tribulus. Ugh. You have to dose it several times a day and by the second or third I actually start getting angry.

I cap that. I cap all my herbal stuff tbh. I've heard liquid sustain alpha was pretty bad but RES100 was pretty tolerable.

Cdsnuts
02-25-2016, 06:13 PM
I cap that. I cap all my herbal stuff tbh. I've heard liquid sustain alpha was pretty bad but RES100 was pretty tolerable.

There is a train of thought in the herbal world that tasting the substance you are ingesting "preps" the body via the nervous system for the effects it is about to receive. I think there may be something to that, Though I can't prove it, so I always take my herbs straight, regardless of how god awful they are. I"ve actually gotten accustomed to the tastes of many of them because of the fantastic results they give. The same way someone who really doesn't like the taste of coffee or beer drinks it and ends up liking it because of the anticipated effects.

Freepressright
02-26-2016, 10:16 AM

Tongkat Ali by Super Man Herbs. There's NOTHING you can do to fix it. I promise it to be the most bitter thing you've ever put into your mouth.

Second up would probably be their salty-ass pre-workout called Hercules.

Cdsnuts
02-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Tongkat Ali by Super Man Herbs. There's NOTHING you can do to fix it. I promise it to be the most bitter thing you've ever put into your mouth.

I've actually grown to like the tongkat......lol.

entropy
02-26-2016, 11:21 PM

I cap that too! I bet the saltiness is cistanche. I like the taste of that one. Still cap it though. I - love - the taste of shilajit, apart from the slight grittiness with the resin it tastes fantastic for some unknown reason.

hossam
02-27-2016, 08:56 AM
The strongest mood enhancer you can ever find (Portal Shot Mood Enhancer), it works immediately
after you drink it and it has the worst taste i have ever tried before!
if they can improve the taste i would drink it all day and have the same Marijuana effect!
anyone here tried it before?d

testosteronet
02-27-2016, 08:38 PM
Been wanting to try the Portal, is it really that good? How much to get the right effect?

hossam
02-28-2016, 02:43 AM
I usually double the dose of any product I use , but with the Portal after I take half of the shot I am getting a perfect calm feeling for about 3 to 5 hours then I take the second half for a complete relaxing effect, the problem is the taste is stronger than Vodka!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdsnuts
02-28-2016, 06:01 AM
I usually double the dose of any product I use , but with the Portal after I take half of the shot I am getting a perfect calm feeling for about 3 to 5 hours then I take the second half for a complete relaxing effect, the problem is the taste is stronger than Vodka!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't find an ingredient list for this? Care to share?

hossam
02-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Can't find an ingredient list for this? Care to share?

As per the label:

Distilled water, Yellow passion fruit extract, Zingerone ( component of Ginger)
Natural and artificial flavors, Lime juice concentrate

However i think it contains large amount of Alcohol causing this strong taste

Cdsnuts
02-28-2016, 09:35 AM
So all's it is, is passion fruit extract? Basically.....

I have a bottle of that laying around here somewhere.....I'm gonna dose it high and see what happens.

hossam
02-28-2016, 10:07 PM
So all's it is, is passion fruit extract? Basically.....

I have a bottle of that laying around here somewhere.....I'm gonna dose it high and see what happens.

I tried Passion flower liquid and capsules and i didn't get even half of the effect of the Portal
so i think there is a missing component here or the Yellow passion flower is diffrent from the normal one

Hank!
04-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Focus Dirt from Nutraplanet or Usp labs about 6 yrs ago. Stuff was rough.

Most racetam's are pretty bitter, but are down right delicious compared to Focus Dirt

Cdsnuts
05-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Focus Dirt from Nutraplanet or Usp labs about 6 yrs ago. Stuff was rough.

Most racetam's are pretty bitter, but are down right delicious compared to Focus Dirt

Could they have picked a worse sounding name? Lol.

Hank!
05-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Focus Dirt is a proprietary USPLabs extract of Schisandra chinensis extracted for 9% schizandrin A for maximum potency and efficacy. You can expect amazing results from Focus Dirt such as:

* Potent nootrophic effects
* Adrenal adapatgenic properties
* Liver tonic fortifying
* Fatigue Fighting

Serving is 1 gram before workouts our morning and for those with extreme adrenal fatigue dose is 1.5 grams pre workout or early morning, exclusively at NutraPlanet!

More info on Schisandra chinensis
Schisandra chinensis

Cdsnuts
05-03-2016, 08:59 PM
I see....

If you like the effects from that you would probably like this: Organic Schisandra 6:1 Concentrate - Schizandra chinensis (https://jt231.isrefer.com/go/schisandra/cdsnuts/)
It actually taste good! It's one of my favorite herbs.

Hank!
05-05-2016, 07:30 AM
I don't recall the effects, it was so difficultto consume I tossed it away.

What do you get from SuperMan's Schizandra ?

Cdsnuts
05-05-2016, 06:07 PM
I don't recall the effects, it was so difficultto consume I tossed it away.

What do you get from SuperMan's Schizandra ?

A very clear headed rush of focus. I use this for when I'm going to be writing and need to buckle down and bang out page after page of content for the site I'm building. It's great as a standalone, but sometimes I'll stack it with this.: Bacopa monnieri - #1 Herbal Nootropic - Super Man Herbs (https://jt231.isrefer.com/go/bacopa/cdsnuts/) Which really puts me in the zone. Their Bacopa is the best quality stuff I've ever used. You can actually feel it working. After using this it really put's into perspective how watered down most of the other encapsulated stuff on the market is.

Maxout777
05-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Shilajit pitch from SMH is the worst for me because of the way the taste lingers forever. I feel like my entire breakfast tastes like the stuff. Worth it for the benefits though.

SoCal-Nutrition
05-05-2016, 07:42 PM
I think the worst for me has been bulk cissus...gets stuck all over the inside of your mouth and never goes away.

Citruline malate tastes like stomach acid, so it reminds me of being sick.

CEE was pretty bad too...but that was so long ago

Cdsnuts
05-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Shilajit pitch from SMH is the worst for me because of the way the taste lingers forever. I feel like my entire breakfast tastes like the stuff. Worth it for the benefits though.

I've actually grown to like the taste of the pitch. I make a tea out of it along with the lions mane and the effects are phenomenal.

Maxout777
05-06-2016, 12:06 PM
I've actually grown to like the taste of the pitch. I make a tea out of it along with the lions mane and the effects are phenomenal.

I'm sure it will grow on me, I've only used it twice so far since I've been cycling them. Interesting on making a tea out of it.....I thought about maybe picking up some lion's mane next. I checked out the ziziphus (sp?), which is supposed to be good for relaxation. Thought it would be a good choice for before meditation/sleep.

Cdsnuts
05-06-2016, 12:43 PM
The Sisyphus actually does work well for sleep but you do have to take a large rounded tablespoon of material. The good thing is it actually doesn't taste bad when mixed with vanilla protein shake. The relaxation effects are definitely felt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Maxout777
05-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Sweet, just what I wanted to hear. I'll definitely check it out. I was using melatonin for sleep, but for some reason when I use melatonin lately I wake up feeling lobotomized - no good for the first few hours of work.

Cdsnuts
05-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Nothing a little caffeine doesn't fix, unless you're sensitive to that at this point

Maxout777
05-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Funny you mention that, because I was at first. Nothing major but I could definitely feel it. Maybe I should give that a go again. One of the things I miss the most (besides a good ole fashioned or beer), is my morning coffee. I've cut both out up until this point.

Cdsnuts
05-06-2016, 02:47 PM
That's why I say if you're sensitive to it right now... I know when I was at my worst I couldn't even look at caffeine without having my anxiety shoot through the roof. As I got further along in my recovery that fell off. You'll have to test it out and see how you respond. But even when it comes to dosing the herbs, the best way to take them is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach followed by some caffeine. It helps get things going so to speak

Maxout777
05-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Definitely gonna give that a try. At my worst it sent me to panic attacks too....I've come a long way in three months so I'm hoping it'll work this time.

Cdsnuts
05-06-2016, 04:33 PM
If you've come a long way in three months which is rather quick I have no doubt you're going to become fully recovered in the next 6 months to a year

Maxout777
05-06-2016, 05:45 PM
If you've come a long way in three months which is rather quick I have no doubt you're going to become fully recovered in the next 6 months to a year

Thanks for the encouragement, just gotta stick to the grind. I've been doing the whole up and down, three steps forward, one or two back for a few months now.

Eden
05-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Old school scivation xtend, I don't remember what the flavor was but it was noxious. Tasted like apple and sweaty foot lol. Still used it because it's part of the game.

London
05-16-2016, 05:46 AM
Vpx syngex whey protein !!! Cookies and cream

THE WORST protein I have ever tasted.
This is the one any only protein powder that I have ever thrown in the trash...5 pounds wasted.

It was soooo nasty

TubZy
08-08-2016, 01:36 PM
I literally brew fresh organic ground coffee and add a teaspoon of whatever herb I have for that day directly into the coffee mug and stir. So far for all the herbs I tried I can barely even taste the herbs if at all. Try it out. I just drink straight black coffee, 1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon, 1 tsp of herb (for that day) stir and drink. It (the herb) hits hard and fast. Any hot liquid you take in your body can process it way quicker (your body heats up things for digestion) so hot coffee + caffeine + herb = win

ireland
08-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Any beef isolate protein. Any I have tried taste like shit with a froth.

Maxout777
03-10-2017, 03:28 PM
I have a new winner, hands down.... Lost Empire Herbs Shilajit Powder....GOOD GOD. Makes the pitch and resin taste like candy.

Swill
03-12-2017, 02:55 AM
For me the Tongkat Ali is THE worst... horrendous stuff. Also a UK brand pre-workout (not sure if you guys have it in the US) called No-Xplode by BSN... once you start upping the dose of it as tolerance builds it tastes like a nuclear disaster...

A lot of herbs taste fucking awful, thankfully I'm quite good at 'down the hatch' haha

theshogun
03-13-2017, 07:39 AM
For me it's Citrulline Malate (I need to mix it with some juice flavor or something because it is so overpowering) and my ashwagandha powder. My unflavoured vegan protein tastes like ass too unless I blend it with berries or a banana

DrivenToRecover
03-15-2017, 09:22 PM
I have a new winner, hands down.... Lost Empire Herbs Shilajit Powder....GOOD GOD. Makes the pitch and resin taste like candy.

its not that this stuff is the very worst...its that you have to take so much of it lol

mahatma
03-21-2017, 10:43 AM
L-dopa powder was the worst for me

Had to wrap it in tissue paper and parachute it. That was before I got a capping kit

Cdsnuts
03-21-2017, 06:28 PM
L-dopa powder was the worst for me

Had to wrap it in tissue paper and parachute it. That was before I got a capping kit

Lol...parachuting. That's hardcore.

jacknap
08-26-2017, 06:35 PM
tongkat for sure.

also mexican dream herb years back.

Cheftepesh1
04-25-2018, 04:30 PM
The original test charge by AAEFX

basementdweller
04-25-2018, 09:13 PM
blue vervain tastes like that time you took a swig out of the wrong beer and it was filled with cigarette butts, but even worse

CSM25
08-21-2018, 11:53 PM
All terrible. I just down them as quick as I can. And measure all liquids in "shots". Parachuting is one of the best ROA's for most substances.

Edit: I mean minus things that are tasteless/near tasteless. But even, then it's a strange sensation and I need to take it down quick.

I guess Vanilla or Choco Whey is pretty nice with water or almond milk.
And old PES(Performance Enhancement Science) products like Alphamine (now just an energy drink rather than a true thermogenic powder). Those were hard to get in Canada and much of europe, but now they're just not good. They're other stuff is good tho still, I think.

adamwillams
01-14-2019, 01:16 AM
Very informative & helpful post thanks for sharing.