PDA

View Full Version : What is ''empty stomach'' cardio?

VayneZ
11-25-2012, 07:41 AM
About 2 years ago I got hooked on jogging for about 45 - 60 minutes straight on a complete empty stomach. Only a couple of cups of cold water and I would go for it.

A year ago I started sprinting intervals for only 20 minutes on 5 grams of BCAA, 5 grams of Glutamine and 5 grams of Creatine. It was very difficult to change since as I've said, I've got hooked on jogging for about an hour straight. To go for only 20 minutes, I had to learn to let go and ''try something new'', which brought nice results, especially in preserving muscle and growing. However I'm still trying to find the most effective way of getting the best fatburning possible on cardio upon awakening.

Recently I've lowered it down to 15 minutes and increased intensity. I've also read an article lately saying that 1 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with L-Carnitine would be a great add to the ''empty-stomach'' upon awakening cardio routine.

So before I try this out, I wanted to hear what you guys think, and if there would be anything else that would strongly be recommended for the best results.

Feel free to voice your thoughts!

Rodja
11-25-2012, 08:11 AM
The best "fatburning" cardio that anyone can do is not something that is primarily aerobic. Circuit training would be the best way to burn fat as it elevates the metabolic rate for a much longer period of time and repartitions nutrients to muscle/recovery (in addition to other benefits). Now, you should also do some standard aerobics for the cardiovascular benefits, but it is not the ideal method for burning fat.

VayneZ
11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
The best "fatburning" cardio that anyone can do is not something that is primarily aerobic. Circuit training would be the best way to burn fat as it elevates the metabolic rate for a much longer period of time and repartitions nutrients to muscle/recovery (in addition to other benefits). Now, you should also do some standard aerobics for the cardiovascular benefits, but it is not the ideal method for burning fat.

Makes sense Rodja! thanks for this information. It's been awhile since I've done circuit training, but I can remember how much I wish I would just die at a certain point through! Definitely gonna start again.

Would it be a good idea to do Circuit training upon awakening? Since I can just drive to the gym. A good balance would be 2x per week Circuit Training on empty stomach and 2x per week sprinting intervals? or just replace sprinting with Circuit training completely?

And also what should I use as regards supplements? since that was something I was wondering about as well. The extra Virgin Olive oil is a good add or no?

Rodja
11-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Makes sense Rodja! thanks for this information. It's been awhile since I've done circuit training, but I can remember how much I wish I would just die at a certain point through! Definitely gonna start again.

Would it be a good idea to do Circuit training upon awakening? Since I can just drive to the gym. A good balance would be 2x per week Circuit Training on empty stomach and 2x per week sprinting intervals? or just replace sprinting with Circuit training completely?

And also what should I use as regards supplements? since that was something I was wondering about as well. The extra Virgin Olive oil is a good add or no?

I'm not a huge fan of it on an empty stomach, but it can be done. There is some solid research regarding ingesting a fat source to increase fat mobilization.

VayneZ
11-25-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not a huge fan of it on an empty stomach, but it can be done. There is some solid research regarding ingesting a fat source to increase fat mobilization.

Thanks bro, I'll give a shot for awhile, see if it is still possible to get rid of these stubborn bf

Rodja
11-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks bro, I'll give a shot for awhile, see if it is still possible to get rid of these stubborn bf

Anaerobic intervals comprised of low-to-no eccentric contractions is the best way to go. This is partially what makes sled drags, Prowler pushes, etc. so effective; they don't really tax the CNS due to the lack of eccentric movements.

Milburn
03-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Cardio exercise must be at morning time before the breakfast.
You can do various cardio exercises with the empty stomach such as morning walk, running, jogging, push ups, pull ups, and sits ups.
To do hard cardio exercises such as swimming you should take some fruits juices and protein shakes.

Maitland Personal Trainer (http://bootcampmaitland.com.au/Personal-Trainer-Maitland)

Rodja
03-14-2013, 06:48 AM
You can do various cardio exercises with the empty stomach such as morning walk, running, jogging, push ups, pull ups, and sits ups.
To do hard cardio exercises such as swimming you should take some fruits juices and protein shakes.

All of this information is crap.

AestheticOne
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
well just my 2 cents but i've been cutting for like a year straight now (more like maintaining 6-8% bf) and i find that by far my best results in fatloss came from high intensity interval sprints for about 15-20min most of the time on an empty stomach or just BCAA's. However if i feel i dont need to lose that last 1% of bodyfat, 20mins of walking after i workout or just general walking long distances throughout the day (if you live in a city this is easy) works fine for minor fatloss and preserving muscle, however this is all just my experience and i'm sure genetics play a huge role in what works best for people.

quick edit, i agree 100% with rodja that circuit training is the best way to lose fat, in my post above im generally just talking about cardio you can add on top of your training.

Does any1 here know if its effective to do both circuit training and some cardio?

longBallLima
03-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I am totally agree with you Milburn. Cardio is must be at morning before breakfast. But before cardio i think you should drink some water. It is most effective for weight loss and helps to burn fat. Recently in USA, food scientist proved that water is better than juices or other drinks. Anyways i think running and cycling is best exercise.

lol

Coolazice
03-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Didn't I already say this joker was a spammer? Now it looks like he has a buddy (or another identity on here) who will likely try the same crap.

Maitland Personal Trainer (http://bootcampmaitland.com.au/Personal-Trainer-Maitland)

Yeah, I am totally agree with you Milburn. Cardio is must be at morning before breakfast. But before cardio i think you should drink some water. It is most effective for weight loss and helps to burn fat. Recently in USA, food scientist proved that water is better than juices or other drinks. Anyways i think running and cycling is best exercise.

Sperwer
03-21-2013, 12:23 AM
2 cents from my current experience. I'm training for a contest in early May. I started in earnest 6 weeks ago. My biggest challenge has been cutting. Since starting, I've managed to lose 6 kg of fat, (while, interestingly, actually managing to put on about 2 kg of lean mass. I think the major driver of the fat loss has been some serious cardio, including some integrated interval training, all of which is done fasted (for up to 16 hours). Intervals are structured as 30 on /30 off between 10-15 minutes and 45-50 minutes of 60 minute sessions. On some days, eg. legs, I don't do the intervals, and I occasionally skip them on other days on which I'm feeling especially knackered. This has given me the chance to compare interval/non-interval results. Here's how I do it. I use Eviscerate or Dermatherm before each session. Neither one produces any noticeable effect when applied. After doing cardio, though, I start feeling a tremendous amount of heat where it is applied, primarily over the abs, but even over the rear quarter panels. If I do intervals, the thermogenic activity becomes noticeable at about the 20 minute mark, continues with increasing intensity and lasts for up to an hour after finishing. If I don't do intervals. it doesn't kick in until 30-40 minutes, doesn't increase exponentially and dissipates more quickly after completing the exercise. I also have noticed significantly increased rate of fat loss correlated with interval days compared to non-interval days.The only time I get this kind of response from just lifting is on REALLY heavy leg days with an intensity and pace that leave me just this side of comatose after every set.

Royald
06-27-2014, 12:30 AM
You can do the cardio with empty stomach to get the quick results for the fat burning and weight loss (http://www.ourpatch.com.au/newcastle/categories/fitness-facilities-trainers/businesses/294663-adam-prowse-personal-trainer---maitland-boot-camp/).
Cardio must be at morning time before taking the breakfast or any meal to achieve the real benefits of the cardio exercises for the weight loss.

HIXX504
06-27-2014, 04:34 AM
You can do the cardio with empty stomach to get the quick results for the fat burning and weight loss.
Cardio must be at morning time before taking the breakfast or any meal to achieve the real benefits of the cardio exercises for the weight loss.

What about spam for breakfast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richard
09-04-2014, 06:02 AM
I don't think so workout or cardio exercise is helpful for losing weight (http://www.purchasehcgdietdrops.com/how-hcg-diet-works/) and fitness with empty stomach. Everyone should avoid from doing any types of workout and should take fresh juices or eat fruits for better and quick result .

longBallLima
09-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I don't think so workout or cardio exercise is helpful for losing weight and fitness with empty stomach. Everyone should avoid from doing any types of workout and should take fresh juices or eat fruits for better and quick result .
Eat a bag of dicks

BoneDaddy
09-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Eat a bag of dicks

I LOLed

Hank!
09-04-2014, 12:28 PM
You can get them in bags now?

necropuppy
09-04-2014, 01:11 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/04/596e6b9d5c31f561f432d9f98ba4bda6.jpg

It's got carbs and proteins probably. Excellent pre-workout.

BoneDaddy
09-05-2014, 04:43 AM
You can get them in bags now?

In a can, too!!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/04/596e6b9d5c31f561f432d9f98ba4bda6.jpg

It's got carbs and proteins probably. Excellent pre-workout.

I've tried to bestow the benefits of semen to my wife for ages.....

RonaldoAllen
09-12-2014, 04:22 AM
The best fat burning exercise is cardio. It is best to do cardio with empty stomach. I also do cardio daily in the morning with empty stomach. Running and jogging both are best cardio because both help in burning fat and also increase stamina.
Brienshamp gym (http://www.pinterest.com/brienshamp1/san-mateo-boot-camp/)