PDA

View Full Version : Heart Health

Rulk
11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
A topic i'm highly interested in, as I do not want to croak via a heart attack. Any current regiments including certain foods and supplements, that help you maintain good heart health? Anything you avoid as well is worth mentioning too.

Currently I am trying to become more proficient in how I deal internally with stress. People who live longer lives usually smile more and give less of a fuck. I remember hearing that Randy Couture is healthier because he internalizes stress very well, he is laid back in his thinking and reactions.

Another topic related to this, is Inflammation. We want some inflammation to grow muscle, but can we have low levels of it, and still develope a healthy body and good physique?

Jelisej
11-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Good thread, I would like to know more about these topic as well.

In my opinion- growth hormone is important in heart health- so GHRP-s are helpful there, also thymosin beta 4 may be helpful but more research needs there. Decent testosterone and other hormone levels are also good for heart, and they also make you more resistant to stress.
Magnesium is very helpful and can prevent heart attack.
Stress is number 1 killer, in my opinion, but dealing with it and managing stress is quite difficult. I adopted some ideas from some religions like Taoism, Zen- basically they all teach you to "give less fuck". I tried some calming and meditating techniques but I just dont have nerves for that.
I think good lifestyle and reduced stress will also reduce inflammation in our body, which will contribute to overall health.

Magnesium – the Ultimate Heart Medicine | Dr. Sircus (http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-the-ultimate-heart-medicine)

Rulk
11-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I think i'm going to dedicate myself to adopt a more calming, less stressfull and more fullfilling lifestyle in 2013. Stress management is probably the most under-rated thing you can do to take care of your heart and your health. Eating more cold fish and more veggis for the lipids is a must do for me as well.

Rodja
11-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Inflammation is an umbrella term as there are many, many different pathways it can occur. Systemic, wholebody inflammation is the enemy here, not some DOMS.

h2s
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
I am fairly sure that the new AL product, although a rounded support supplement, is very heavy on heart health. I have not seen the formula yet though.

pman42
11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
The thing with a lot of these "cycle support" products is that they have garbage quality ingredients. I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components, it would take a LOT of capsules to get enough of the active component to make a difference.

Vitamin C is a really underutilized supp I think. It has pluripotent effects on BP, liver function, cortisol/testosterone production, and more.

burlyman30
11-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Vitamin E has great heart benefits at 400 mg/day. Resveratrol, one of the actives in red wine, also has great heart health benefits. Fish oil with its EPA/DHA also is a great heart product.

The (bad) inflammatory effect Noa was referring to is something that most commonly occurs upon ingestion of refined carbohydrates. The arterial walls get inflamed and the body's response is coating those walls over time-- with plaque.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pman42
11-26-2012, 11:36 PM
The thing with a lot of these "cycle support" products is that they have garbage quality ingredients. I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components, it would take a LOT of capsules to get enough of the active component to make a difference.

Vitamin C is a really underutilized supp I think. It has pluripotent effects on BP, liver function, cortisol/testosterone production, and more.

h2s
11-27-2012, 07:56 AM

I have yet to see the ingredient profile, but I have not been disappointed by AL yet. We shall see.

Rodja
11-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Some of the things that I always employ:
Low amounts of grains
A neutral of negative PRAL
CARDIO
Moderate carb intake (I seldom exceed 250-300g)
No wild fluctuations in weight

Infamy
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Steer clear of deca. It's been shown to increase collagen synthesis in cardiac muscle which in turn makes the heart muscle more rigid (not a good thing).

There are some ways to combat this but it involves the use of prescription medications which have their own set of side effects and aren't really good to take for the average user unless they have some medical knowledge.

But if you are natural, then cardio! As rodja says.

pman42
11-27-2012, 06:36 PM
I have yet to see the ingredient profile, but I have not been disappointed by AL yet. We shall see.
I wasn't talking about Antaeus Labs here, just to be clear. I'm sure their product will be top notch. I mean every other me too cycle support product on the market.

edit: I guess I jumped ahead of the OP and assumed this thread was about cycle support. my bad. If we're talking things for general cardio support, I would be doing the following:
o Low omega 6, high omega 3 diet
o Little to no refined sugar; tightly control high GI foods and limit according to activity levels
o Consume a broad array of phytochemicals coming from such foods as: onions, garlic, tea, grapes, cruciferous veggies, berries, apples, yellow and orange vegetables, exotic superfruits
o Supplement with vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium, quality fish oil and gram doses of vitamin C
o If the above fails to lower inflammation and CRP, add N-acetyl L-cysteine and full spectrum vitamin E with coenzyme Q10. others to consider are tea flavonoids and sytrinol
o Lower homocysteine levels. this may require all: methylcobalamin, methylfolate, B6, trimethylglycine
o For blood lipid levels supplement regular flushing niacin or non-flushing inositol hexanicotinate
o For predisposition to clotting take nattokinase or baby aspirin
o For congestive heart failure, supplement hawthorne

o Avoid long marathon cardio sessions

DJM
11-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I am fairly sure that the new AL product, although a rounded support supplement, is very heavy on heart health. I have not seen the formula yet though.

interested, never used any of their stuff, sadly only resold
i have some aegis on the way to try :p, and the heart product id grab as well

- - - Updated - - -

agree with all of this

Jelisej
11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
I wasn't talking about Antaeus Labs here, just to be clear. I'm sure their product will be top notch. I mean every other me too cycle support product on the market.

edit: I guess I jumped ahead of the OP and assumed this thread was about cycle support. my bad. If we're talking things for general cardio support, I would be doing the following:
o Low omega 6, high omega 3 diet
o Little to no refined sugar; tightly control high GI foods and limit according to activity levels
o Consume a broad array of phytochemicals coming from such foods as: onions, garlic, tea, grapes, cruciferous veggies, berries, apples, yellow and orange vegetables, exotic superfruits
o Supplement with vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium, quality fish oil and gram doses of vitamin C
o If the above fails to lower inflammation and CRP, add N-acetyl L-cysteine and full spectrum vitamin E with coenzyme Q10. others to consider are tea flavonoids and sytrinol
o Lower homocysteine levels. this may require all: methylcobalamin, methylfolate, B6, trimethylglycine
o For blood lipid levels supplement regular flushing niacin or non-flushing inositol hexanicotinate
o For predisposition to clotting take nattokinase or baby aspirin
o For congestive heart failure, supplement hawthorne

o Avoid long marathon cardio sessions

I agree with this, only I would add that all supplements should be in moderate doses. In high doses sometimes you get undesirable effect, some vitamins became toxic or have other side-effect, or antioxidant became oxidants etc... other problem is that too much of one vitamin can cause depletion of another- for example too much zinc can deplete magnesium, too much magnesium depletes zinc, you can get similar effect with vitamin c and e, and also when you add zinc and iron you need to add some copper, and when adding zinc and copper they need to be in exact ratio...
I've seen on pp forum people supplementing with 20000 IU of vitamin D, and I think these practices are absurd, and if anything they can cause harm.

DJM
11-27-2012, 08:21 PM
holy shit 20000iu hahah
ill do 2-4k ed, but 20k damn

agreed more isnt always better, just head - more is better

BBG
11-27-2012, 10:21 PM
holy shit 20000iu hahah
ill do 2-4k ed, but 20k damn

agreed more isnt always better, just head - more is better

I take around 10-12k iu Vitamin D a day during the winter.

10-15 minutes of sun exposure can produce 3,000 - 20,000 iu depending on intensity of the sunlight (from what I've read). So I just take it during the winter when the sun is a bitch.

DJM
11-27-2012, 10:39 PM
learn something all the time ;)

10-15 minutes of sun exposure can produce 3,000 - 20,000 iu depending on intensity of the sunlight (from what I've read). So I just take it during the winter when the sun is a bitch.

Mr_math
11-27-2012, 11:39 PM

Live on 10k at the least here in the Nw. Number 1 reason for seasonal depression up here. Also ensure I get enough calcium to absorb as much as possible.

True on the sun delivering the D. Body just has to activate it. Too bad we don't see it much up here.

Rulk
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
It's been getting dark at like 4:30pm up here. Sucks big time.

Mr_math
11-27-2012, 11:57 PM
It's been getting dark at like 4:30pm up here. Sucks big time.

Lol. Yep. Keep forgetting its 5 and not 9. Haha.

Jelisej
11-28-2012, 06:18 AM

I would say that even 10k is a bit over the top.
As for sun- darker people need more of it. Problem with absorbtion of vitamin D from sun is- skin needs natural oil from body, olive oil helps as well- on other hand people going in swimming pool (chlorinated water) will have little absorbtion of vit D even if they are on blasing sun- Dr Mercola said that it can mess up vit D absorbtion for up to 2 days- I dont know if thats correct.
Vitamin D becames deficient in people with some hormonal issues and other issues in that case it can be dosed in high doses, but once issues are solved dosage should decrease. Personaly, I eat home-made bacon which has a lot of vitamin D.

h2s
11-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Vitamin D becames deficient in people with some hormonal issues and other issues in that case it can be dosed in high doses, but once issues are solved dosage should decrease. Personaly, I eat home-made bacon which has a lot of vitamin D.

That seems a bit like "What came first, the chicken or the egg" to me. Vitamin D levels being low could have very well influenced their hormonal issues, as it seems to me Vitamin D's importance is quite clear, at least in terms of testosterone:

Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men

Abstract
The male reproductive tract has been identified as a target tissue for vitamin D, and previous data suggest an association of 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] with testosterone levels in men. We therefore aimed to evaluate whether vitamin D supplementation influences testosterone levels in men. Healthy overweight men undergoing a weight reduction program who participated in a randomized controlled trial were analyzed for testosterone levels. The entire study included 200 nondiabetic subjects, of whom 165 participants (54 men) completed the trial. Participants received either 83 μg (3,332 IU) vitamin D daily for 1 year (n = 31) or placebo (n =2 3). Initial 25(OH)D concentrations were in the deficiency range (< 50 nmol/l) and testosterone values were at the lower end of the reference range (9.09-55.28 nmol/l for males aged 20-49 years) in both groups. Mean circulating 25(OH)D concentrations increased significantly by 53.5 nmol/l in the vitamin D group, but remained almost constant in the placebo group. Compared to baseline values, a significant increase in total testosterone levels (from 10.7 ± 3.9 nmol/l to 13.4 ± 4.7 nmol/l; p < 0.001), bioactive testosterone (from 5.21 ± 1.87 nmol/l to 6.25 ± 2.01 nmol/l; p = 0.001), and free testosterone levels (from 0.222 ± 0.080 nmol/l to 0.267 ± 0.087 nmol/l; p = 0.001) were observed in the vitamin D supplemented group. By contrast, there was no significant change in any testosterone measure in the placebo group. Our results suggest that vitamin D supplementation might increase testosterone levels. Further randomized controlled trials are warranted to confirm this hypothesis.

© Georg Thieme Verlag KG Stuttgart · New York.

Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testos... [Horm Metab Res. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154195)

ryansm
11-28-2012, 01:02 PM
A glass of red wine every night (6 ounces not 12:)) has helped boost my hdl and lower trigs

O_RYAN_007
11-28-2012, 02:03 PM
A glass of red wine every night (6 ounces not 12:)) has helped boost my hdl and lower trigs

Wouldn't taking resver (SA or something similar) do the same thing? Just curious...

Jelisej
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=h2s;3382]That seems a bit like "What came first, the chicken or the egg" to me. Vitamin D levels being low could have very well influenced their hormonal issues, as it seems to me Vitamin D's importance is quite clear, at least in terms of testosterone:

Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men
Your study says what we already know, that vit d boosts testosterone, but does not tell as anything why these people had test. and vit. d deficiency, and nothing about hormonal pathways.
Well it can be both ways but in majority of cases vitamin d is one of the last victims, if I remeber correctly in "pregnenolone steal" one of the victims is vitamin d.
One interesting post by Jack Kruse: "if you live a life in the modern world you are in survival mode (living in the cortisol pathway of oxidation) shunting the already low amount of pregnenolone your cells can make to cortisol at the sake of making progesterone. Progesterone is the base hormone for the testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, etc (the hormones of fertility)……..The more we shunt to survival mode hormones the less fertility ones we make. More survival path activation of cortisol makes the cell more oxidized the faster the cell ages…….Moreover, the more oxidized the cell becomes the more Vitamin D has to be used to offset this increased oxidation by the immune system so Vitamin D levels also falls with oxidation. "

Bit more from Kruse:
Questions :
1. Is there a dietary RDA for vitamin D if steroidogenesis and sun exposure are optimal?
2. If there is significant exogenous vitamin D, thru either diet or supplements, does the fit D level give you any helpful information about steroidogenesis in general?
3.What would be the top x suspects within otherwise healthy population?
Answers:
1. but it varies depending upon other variables......as they vary.
2.yes....Vitamin D tells us about the follow thru of the steroid pathways. if its low at the end it tells you there is a proximal problem in the system too.
3.1. Pregnenlone steal from thyroid disease is number one
3.2. Any type of stress, emotional, physiological, metabolic, psychological, mental, or biological, or environmental
3.3 inflammation from any source.

P.S.- Chicken was first.

h2s
11-28-2012, 06:33 PM
I am not sure he is stating anything concrete there though, it states why a poor hormonal situation could drive down Vitamin D levels, but he doesn't directly state if there is a RDA to Vitamin D intake. My point is it very well could be the other way around. I have no idea to be honest, in a random sample of 100 people with low vitamin d and low testosterone or endocrine function, you could possibly have a 50/50 cause-effect difference. I think my prior post implies too much emphasis on the Vitamin D in particular (although some emphasis was purposely displayed). My point is that poor nutrition in general, vitamin D being a strong participant, can be the cause of low endocrine function as well. So it is hard to say that the poor hormonal function always comes first to deficiencies in any vitamin.

P.S. Where did your Chicken come from, lol.

Jelisej
11-29-2012, 06:10 AM
I am not sure he is stating anything concrete there though, it states why a poor hormonal situation could drive down Vitamin D levels, but he doesn't directly state if there is a RDA to Vitamin D intake. My point is it very well could be the other way around. I have no idea to be honest, in a random sample of 100 people with low vitamin d and low testosterone or endocrine function, you could possibly have a 50/50 cause-effect difference. I think my prior post implies too much emphasis on the Vitamin D in particular (although some emphasis was purposely displayed). My point is that poor nutrition in general, vitamin D being a strong participant, can be the cause of low endocrine function as well. So it is hard to say that the poor hormonal function always comes first to deficiencies in any vitamin.

P.S. Where did your Chicken come from, lol.

Ah, I dont disagree with you, in my previous post maybe I sounded as I critisised you, but thats incorrect, you do deserve a lot of credit for finding some good studies.

AS FOR TOPIC- definitely vitamin d- and hormones deficiency correlation can go both ways, (after all vit d is also hormone) only I think its slightly less common that vit d deficiency causes hormonal deficiency than other way round- this is asuming that vit d intake was adequate (if we take people with inadequate vit d "consumption" in account as well- than numbers will point other way round). As for study- it is good study, but unfortunately it does not tell us more- why were subject deficient of vit d. why did they use 3.3 K of vit d (not more or less?) and when did both vit d and test, start raising and where it platoed, what happened afterwoods.
I've seen that people get boost of up to 150 ng/dl of tt, and it was shorter period than year, and I dont recall dosage, though I'm pretty sure it was less than 5k.

As for Kruse, I dont rate him that highly myself, only I found this few lines very informative

P.S.- chicken came from amoeba :p

Infamy
11-29-2012, 07:32 AM
On the topic of vitamin d, although I don't doubt it's necessity in steroidogenesis, I would be very cautious on using high dose vit d on a steroid cycle.

The reason I say this is that I was interested in the effects of steroids and potential kidney damage. Although there is little to suggest that an otherwise healthy person drinking plenty of water should get kidney damage on steroids directly, there are indirect pathways by which the steroids can contribute to kidney damage.

One is via excess vit d. Vitamin d increases calcium absorption. Unfotunately most steroids (tren, test, deca) increase mineral and water retention (remember that water retention is not solely related to extra cellular water retention but in the case of steroids like tren, intra cellular water retention making the muscles look bigger and fuller).

So the combination of steroids plus excess vit d leads to increased calcium in the body. Even if dietary intake is within the normal rda (usually touted to be 1 gram per day). Calcium is excreted via the kidneys and too much calcium leads to blockages and kidney stones. Even without the formation of kidney stones a high calcium level can cause kidney damage. Although sometimes this damage is reversible, sometimes it isnt. The effect is exacerbated for those taking multivitamins as they tend to have doses of minerals way in excess of what you need. Off cycle this is a problem, on cycle this is dangerous.

This could be one of the mechanisms by which tren can cause kidney toxicity (along with high bp, inadequate water intake etc).

A words of warning to those that believe cranberry extract can help. It doesn't and perversely makes things worse. Cranberry extract is high in oxalate which in turn can increase the risk of kidney stones.

There is another route for kidney damage related to a genetic condition whereby a missing gene coding for a particular enzyme responsible for glucordination amongst other things leaves high levels of toxic by products onthe kidneys to be filtered and causes kidney damage. I've included this comment for completeness but it was this vitaminosis of vit d which I wanted to warn people of.

As a rule, on cycle, I would use little to no vit d and use multi vitamins very sparingly - certainly not every day.

Bear in mind off cycle high vit d intake will also cause kidney problems although there will be more tolerance to it without steroids in the system.

h2s
11-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Great post Infamy, couple questions:

1. I have completely sworn off all forms of multi vitamins for some time now. I was investigating them alot to find "the best" and concluded with "don't bother, improve diet." With that said, I still choose certain individual Vitamins that I do choose to use, and a D/K combo is part of that decision. What amounts of Vitamin D do you consider an excess? (Let's assume off cycle). I am currently take 5000iu probably EOD (Up to about 2 months ago, was ED). Are we looking at too much in your opinion?

2. Now lets switch back to "on cycle." At what point should supplementation cease when approaching a cycle. Is it advisable to simply stop once the cycle begins, or would someone want to cease usage for some time prior? When would be an appropriate time in your opinion to resume supplementation.

BR99TAL
11-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Wouldn't taking resver (SA or something similar) do the same thing? Just curious...

Mechanism of cardioprotection by resveratrol, ... [Int J Mol Med. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11408943)

O_RYAN_007
11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Mechanism of cardioprotection by resveratrol, ... [Int J Mol Med. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11408943)

Looks like my heart is loving all the SA topical I've used over the years!

Jelisej
11-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I think resveratrol research on mammals faild to prove benefits regarding longevity. I may be wrong though, cant find any studies.
HTS- I boosted my testosterone with 500 IU vitamin D, others used around 1000 IU, sometimes 2000 rarely I've seen over 2000 IU. Bloodworks showed up to 150 ng/dl increase in tt levels.

Infamy
11-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Great post Infamy, couple questions:

1. I have completely sworn off all forms of multi vitamins for some time now. I was investigating them alot to find "the best" and concluded with "don't bother, improve diet." With that said, I still choose certain individual Vitamins that I do choose to use, and a D/K combo is part of that decision. What amounts of Vitamin D do you consider an excess? (Let's assume off cycle). I am currently take 5000iu probably EOD (Up to about 2 months ago, was ED). Are we looking at too much in your opinion?

2. Now lets switch back to "on cycle." At what point should supplementation cease when approaching a cycle. Is it advisable to simply stop once the cycle begins, or would someone want to cease usage for some time prior? When would be an appropriate time in your opinion to resume supplementation.

I'm not sure it's possible to answer those questions as it would depend on the starting levels of the vitamins in the individual, the individuals personal metabolism of them and whether they are water soluble vitamins or fat soluble.

For example someone supplementing with vit d that still has low levels in their blood could probably stop it the day before cycle and be ok. On the other hand someone with already elevated vit d levels may need a few months to let it clear the system.

Water soluble vitamins are easier as they should clear quicker so a few week off them would probably be enough. But they don't pose as much risk on cycle as things like vitamin d.

Iron is another good example, the body has no effective way of clearing excess iron so if you've overdosed on it it may take months to clear it.

Off cycle, the amount of vit d needed is a point of heated debate! I don't pretend I have the definitive answer but I think the best option is to take say 2500iu a day and get your levels tested after a few months, if they are getting too high, titrate the dose accordingly. And so on. I personally think 2509iu a day is a lot so I wouldn't think you should need more than that unless you are clinically deficient.

Multi vitamins are a problem generally, I agree with jel who posted earlier about the competition between minerals (eg too much zinc can lead to a copper deficiency, vitamin e reduces vit c levels, zinc uptake is blocked if taken at the same time as calcium etc etc). So taking a multi every day can actually cause a mineral or vitamin imbalance and cause problem rather than helping!

In summary, if you want to know whether your vitamin d level is low enough to start a cycle - get it checked. Likewise off cycke, if you want to make sure you take enough vit d but not too much - get checked.

ryansm
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Yes, in fact the research not only backs it up but my own blood work did as well

Scope75
12-07-2012, 08:05 AM
I think i'm going to dedicate myself to adopt a more calming, less stressfull and more fullfilling lifestyle in 2013. Stress management is probably the most under-rated thing you can do to take care of your heart and your health. Eating more cold fish and more veggis for the lipids is a must do for me as well.

I'm doing the same right now and I can tell you its real!!
I've been letting little shit just go and not bother me and I can actually tell you I feel better than I ever have.
It's funny because as I type this my body feels different almost like it want to come out of its skin and I feel it just stress leaving my body!!
The more you talk about things and get it out and off your chest the easier it be to let new stresses or problems go.

reeviint
01-30-2013, 05:07 AM
I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components.Des Moines Wrestling (http://eliteedgegym.com/mma)

Avl
01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
ive used up to 15k iu of D - ive heard 15-20 is a decent amount, cant remember the source though- and if its with flax or olive oil in the cap its supposed to be better. mark bell from supertraining just posted something saying he takes A TON, like 50k of D a day in the winter along with a lot of C to stay healthy.

egg came first- from a bird that wasnt a chicken.

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Which one of the many useful posts in this thread are you referring to, John?

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-22-2013, 08:49 AM
I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but... ^Pretty sure this dude is Kim Jong Un using google translate.

DJM
03-22-2013, 08:50 AM
john is legit, i vouch for him

Jelisej
03-22-2013, 08:52 AM
I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but... ^Pretty sure this dude is Kim Jong Un using google translate.

he introduced himself other day, made few posts, seems as nice fellow to me.

Coolazice
03-22-2013, 09:19 AM

And his buddy, Milburn? Do you vouch for him and his edited in advertisement link too?

Jelisej
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
And his buddy, Milburn? Do you vouch for him and his edited in advertisement link too?

No offence, but you need to address your possible adrenal issues, I could place a bet that your cortisol is low.
Once you bring it to right level your be able to adequately respond to stress (or not respond at all for unimportant things).
Bro' we are here to help, not to argue.

Coolazice
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
No offence, but you need to address your possible adrenal issues, I could place a bet that your cortisol is low.
Once you bring it to right level your be able to adequately respond to stress (or not respond at all for unimportant things).
Bro' we are here to help, not to argue.

Interesting. I would guess it to be high from stress lately. Perhaps I can convince the doctor to check for that with my next round of blood tests.

Jelisej
03-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Interesting. I would guess it to be high from stress lately. Perhaps I can convince the doctor to check for that with my next round of blood tests.

When my cortisol was low and adrenal output was low in general- I used to behave like some kind of revolutionary- I used to see all sorts of injustice everywhere and used to get upset big time, some little things used to make my blood boil inside, even used to get violent toughts sometimes... Pay attention to John Goodman here:
The Big Lebowski - Over the line HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vB9U2hx6Qg)

they peed on your fucking rug - Lebowski epiphany - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1kW2yYXEeQ)

Coolazice
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
When my cortisol was low and adrenal output was low in general- I used to behave like some kind of revolutionary- I used to see all sorts of injustice everywhere and used to get upset big time, some little things used to make my blood boil inside, even used to get violent toughts sometimes... Pay attention to John Goodman here:
The Big Lebowski - Over the line HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vB9U2hx6Qg)

they peed on your fucking rug - Lebowski epiphany - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1kW2yYXEeQ)

Haha, looks like a good movie. I gotta say though that I don't feel quite that strongly about these spammers. Yes they are annoying though. I'll look into the low cortisol thing. Thanks!

longBallLima
03-22-2013, 10:39 AM
i must confess i too thought John and Milburn were one and the same, based on the overall content of the posting lol

thanks for clarifying, DJ

Coolazice
06-26-2013, 01:13 AM
There are really nice and most informative post. I am totally agree with you all. According to me you should have lot of care of your diet. Make sure that you take low fat and always check your cholesterol level. With that the morning walk is most effective and good for heart health. You should also take low salted food.
Bloom Beauty Boutique
33 Hollywell Road Biggera Waters QLD 4216 Australia
Phone : +61 7 5563 9900
bloombeautyboutique.com.au
Bloom Beauty Boutique where you can evolve and bloom with confidence. Our expert team of therapists will provide you with a professional experience leaving you feeling nourished and pampered.
gold coast spray tans (http://www.bloombeautyboutique.com.au/specials.html)

Still vouching for John? lol

Time to show 'Archibald' what that ban hammer is used for, too. ;)

burlyman30
06-26-2013, 09:48 AM

John rhymes with Gone... and I used the hammer on Archibald last night ;)

Coolazice
06-26-2013, 09:58 AM
John rhymes with Gone... and I used the hammer on Archibald last night ;)

Cool! Thanks!

Geez, these jokers are everywhere...

I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components.Des Moines Wrestling (http://eliteedgegym.com/mma)

DJM
06-26-2013, 09:59 AM
he paid me to say that

Coolazice
06-26-2013, 10:03 AM
he paid me to say that

Lol... I hope it got you a couple vials of the good stuff.

DJM
06-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Lol... I hope it got you a couple vials of the good stuff.

morphine

pman42
06-28-2013, 11:41 PM
I re-read the Matthias Rath book Why Animals Don't Get Heart Attacks But People Do and while the book is a little overblown (even the title is a false statement-- animals do get heart attacks) the basic idea of supporting cellular health is powerful. I love me some Linus Pauling, kinda forgot about high dose vitamin C for a while but the last couple days I've been taking a 1/4 tsp a few times a day.