PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Aid

nate3993
11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
So what natty sleep aids do you guys use? I've tried just plain melatonin alone, and I've been taking Irwin Naturals Power to sleep that a has quite the profile on it. It was good at first, but seems to not have quite the same effects. I've taken ketotifen and it works for knocking me out, but not really keeping me alseep and I'd rather not take a rx antihistamine indefinitely. I doubt that's good for me. What do you guys use? Thanks

Rulk
11-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Just cutting out caffeine does it for me. Powerfull helps me sleep deep though. It's also about the only thing that can get me around 5 or 6 hours of straight sleep without waking up. Although I have been failing miserably at this, if you can avoid any electronics and bright lights, maybe 2 hours before you lay your head down, this should help your sleeping issues.

I had to get another cpap machine to start the new year off right, and that has helped my quality of sleep go through the muthafucking roof. I notice if I don't use it, I feel groggy and tired all day.

Last thing: As I lay on my bed getting ready for sleep, reading a book for about 5 minutes gets me yawning and sleepy like no other.

nate3993
11-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Just cutting out caffeine does it for me. Powerfull helps me sleep deep though.

i was thinking about trying it. how many you take? does it knock you out? or doe it just help u stay asleep?

Rulk
11-26-2012, 09:29 PM
i was thinking about trying it. how many you take? does it knock you out? or doe it just help u stay asleep?

It does nothing to make you tired. I take 2 for the first few weeks, then on some nights i'll take 3. I take it for 8 weeks then take a break. Take 1 day off a week from using it, like a saturday or sunday night.

I try to take it right before I close my eyes and sleep. Meaning I will wait till the last minute, have the pills by my bed and take them with about 5 ounces of water. Too much water and you may have issues going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I can usually make it 6 hours before I have to make a bathroom break. Powerfull will help to keep you asleep.

I've probably gone through at least 10 bottles of this. The dreams you get are wild, the recuperation you get from it are damn noticable too. One of my favorite supps.

O_RYAN_007
11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
So what natty sleep aids do you guys use? I've tried just plain melatonin alone, and I've been taking Irwin Naturals Power to sleep that a has quite the profile on it. It was good at first, but seems to not have quite the same effects. I've taken ketotifen and it works for knocking me out, but not really keeping me alseep and I'd rather not take a rx antihistamine indefinitely. I doubt that's good for me. What do you guys use? Thanks

I like straight melatonin at 3-6 mgs. I also take the mod/ghrp-2 combo that helps me nock out. But the melatonin really helps keep me deep into my sleep. I do get up in the middle of the night to piss, but I go right back to sleep after.

nate3993
11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
It does nothing to make you tired. I take 2 for the first few weeks, then on some nights i'll take 3. I take it for 8 weeks then take a break. Take 1 day off a week from using it, like a saturday or sunday night.

I try to take it right before I close my eyes and sleep. Meaning I will wait till the last minute, have the pills by my bed and take them with about 5 ounces of water. Too much water and you may have issues going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I can usually make it 6 hours before I have to make a bathroom break. Powerfull will help to keep you asleep.

I've probably gone through at least 10 bottles of this. The dreams you get are wild, the recuperation you get from it are damn noticable too. One of my favorite supps.

good bit of info in that first post after you edited it. haha. u notice any libido increase with it? i always like anything that'll do that.

Cobalt
11-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I've done PowerFull before, 3 caps right before going to sleep.
It's some great stuff, but pricey. I think NutraPlanet has it on sale right now, I may have to pick some up.

In terms of sleep, there are a LOT of factors in getting a good night sleep. Stuff like no caffeine within 8 hours of sleep, nothing to eat within 2-3 hours of sleep (within reason), nothing to drink within an hour or two of sleep. The list goes on.
Hell, having a decent bed is a big deal. I just dropped $2.6k on a new bed/mattress for myself and the wife, never slept so well in my life.

If you are having trouble falling asleep, or staying asleep, there might be a key factor out there that is causing it, so a supplement may not be necessary.

O_RYAN_007
11-26-2012, 10:44 PM
It's some great stuff, but pricey. I think NutraPlanet has it on sale right now, I may have to pick some up.

In terms of sleep, there are a LOT of factors in getting a good night sleep. Stuff like no caffeine within 8 hours of sleep, nothing to eat within 2-3 hours of sleep (within reason), nothing to drink within an hour or two of sleep. The list goes on.
Hell, having a decent bed is a big deal. I just dropped $2.6k on a new bed/mattress for myself and the wife, never slept so well in my life.

If you are having trouble falling asleep, or staying asleep, there might be a key factor out there that is causing it, so a supplement may not be necessary.

Funny that you say this, cause my wife and I just spent about the same on a new mattress last week!

Rulk
11-26-2012, 11:07 PM
good bit of info in that first post after you edited it. haha. u notice any libido increase with it? i always like anything that'll do that.
No libido increase from it. I do get a libido increase from tcf-1 and toco 8 as a stack. Also Sustain alpha solo does the trick. The ultimate libido booster for me though, if I ever do use it- WEED.

Hell, having a decent bed is a big deal. I just dropped $2.6k on a new bed/mattress for myself and the wife, never slept so well in my life.If you are having trouble falling asleep, or staying asleep, there might be a key factor out there that is causing it, so a supplement may not be necessary.

A soon to be investment^.

xxiv
11-27-2012, 07:38 AM
I have had great sleep with a cap or 2 of rxwheys lights out along with a pump or 2 of SA if I'm feeling froggy.
Lights Out | Recovery & Sleep Aid | Prescription Nutrition (http://www.rxwhey.com/lights-out-sleep-and-recovery-aid/#.ULTA-GeiYmg)

I don't use it that often but when i do it's like a vacation and i wake up feeling great.

If you are constantly having trouble sleeping i would suggest looking into your diet, supplement regime and lifestyle for some potential causes and try to square them away as well.

h2s
11-27-2012, 07:55 AM
I have had great sleep with a cap or 2 of rxwheys lights out along with a pump or 2 of SA if I'm feeling froggy.
Lights Out | Recovery & Sleep Aid | Prescription Nutrition (http://www.rxwhey.com/lights-out-sleep-and-recovery-aid/#.ULTA-GeiYmg)

I don't use it that often but when i do it's like a vacation and i wake up feeling great.

If you are constantly having trouble sleeping i would suggest looking into your diet, supplement regime and lifestyle for some potential causes and try to square them away as well.

Agreed. I have terrible sleep patterns, but it is due to my schedule. Any sleep products will work as a bandaid, but balance is the best way to find better sleep.

Rodja
11-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Best sleep aid is sex, but not always an option for some. For those that enjoy Powerfull by USP, look into Dopadex by Synthetic Supplements (shameless plug). It has a highly standardized extract of macuna to help induce sleep.

Cobalt
11-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Best sleep aid is sex.

x2

DJM
11-27-2012, 08:51 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3mPbJeA3jSA/Tf5FoJQ5I2I/AAAAAAAABa4/zvmIVOgAfJA/s1600/weed-altoids-tin.jpg

if you have used tren, ^^^^ only thing that works

Mr_math
11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3mPbJeA3jSA/Tf5FoJQ5I2I/AAAAAAAABa4/zvmIVOgAfJA/s1600/weed-altoids-tin.jpg

Just saw that dj posted and that the topic was sleep aid from the front page....

I already knew what the post was :) lol.

therealest77
11-27-2012, 07:09 PM

I love this guy:)

O_RYAN_007
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM

I really wish I could use this great substance again!

Sperwer
11-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Best sleep aid is sex, but not always an option for some. For those that enjoy Powerfull by USP, look into Dopadex by Synthetic Supplements (shameless plug). It has a highly standardized extract of macuna to help induce sleep.

x10 re the sex. There are a lot of quality L-Dopa supps out there, many much much cheaper than Powerfull; but I don't take the stuff before bed because it keeps me awake. Is it possible that the other ingredient in Powerfull - chlorophytum borivillianum - is the alleged sleep agent?

Rodja
11-29-2012, 08:19 AM
x10 re the sex. There are a lot of quality L-Dopa supps out there, many much much cheaper than Powerfull; but I don't take the stuff before bed because it keeps me awake. Is it possible that the other ingredient in Powerfull - chlorophytum borivillianum - is the alleged sleep agent?

It is the macuna. However, it can be too strong and have the opposite effect on people.

BR99TAL
11-29-2012, 09:28 AM
I hope you guys know how dangerous dopamine can be...
personally, I would never ever recommend someone "toying" around with levodopa, dopamine-agonists and MAO-blocker unless they know exactly what theyre doing.

theres tons of stuff out there - found this to be a good one
http://www.weizmann.ac.il/molgen/members/Siman/neur-571.pdf

h2s
11-29-2012, 09:30 AM
I hope you guys know how dangerous dopamine can be...
personally, I would never ever recommend someone "toying" around with levodopa, dopamine-agonists and MAO-blocker unless they know exactly what theyre doing.

theres tons of stuff out there - found this to be a good one
http://www.weizmann.ac.il/molgen/members/Siman/neur-571.pdf

Saved for later reading, thank you.