PDA

View Full Version : first cycle contest prep

weekend
11-27-2012, 08:27 PM
hey guys,

a friend wants to run his first cycle for a contest prep, he wants to be on during the contest, and has never used ANY anabolics.

i figure he should run test as it's his first cycle and then maybe finish it off with an oral that helps get dry and hard? what kind of ideas do you guys have?

Infamy
11-28-2012, 05:49 AM
Honestly if he's never used anything before then he shouldn't use anything before the contest other than maybe a dry oral.

Test bloats - fact. Bbing competitions want the guy with the biggest muscles and no bloat or body fat. If he is on test for the competition he will lose. I can't say for certainty but I'd be surprised if any pros use test in the last few weeks before a competition for that reason.

For his first injectible cycle I can't really recommend anything other than test and that's not sensible as mentioned above.

Test prop would give less bloat but even then, it can give some but the ed or eod injects that are required for prop really don't lend themselves to a first timer.

If he wants to use anything, he would be better getting a few cycles under his belt first and leave the competition until he is more experienced in them. Then he can know his body better on gear and try out different compounds to judge what is best for his competition. Chances are the guys he's up against will be on tren and a natural guy or guy on test can't really compete with that.

If he must use and compete now, then maybe something like 2 weeks winstrol solo then the comp. This should be noted as a poor second choice to the one described above and he will lose if the other competitors are experienced users.

weekend
11-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the info. To clarify, the competition is actually for a local charity and isn't full of dedicated bodybuilding competitors. Most of the competitors are going to be using over the counter PHs, and perhaps some test. Everyone in it are serious lifters, but most aren't doing this for a career or money.

Maybe one dude will run tren... Not likely though.

weekend
11-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Could he not run test for the last 10 out of 12 weeks prior the comp, then drop the test to like 100 mg/week and take winny or var to dry out during the last 4 weeks before the comp?

Infamy
11-30-2012, 06:54 AM
He could. But unless he drops the test to nil and gives at least 8 weeks for those long ass esters and bloat to clear his system he'll still look like crap on stage. Which makes the test useless.

If he really must run something, and given the competition he is against doesn't really merit it, then why not just use a dry oral a few weeks before competing. Something like winstrol or OT or epistane.

Alternatively he could just do an 8 week var run. That would improve his physique but stop him looking soft and smooth on stage.