PDA

View Full Version : my saw palmetto side effects recovery journey - i am gonna WIN

alphawinner
08-18-2016, 06:18 PM
SP side effects sufferer here, pretty much the same side effects as everyone else.
inspired by English and Cdnuts, started the following recovery journey

SMH with pine pollen taken and royal jelly daily
weight training
HIIT
intermittent fasting and carb backloading
healthy diet (fish chicken vegetables)

Maxout777
08-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Welcome. Sounds like you've got the basics down. How long ago did you quit if you don't mind me asking?

alphawinner
08-18-2016, 06:53 PM
Welcome. Sounds like you've got the basics down. How long ago did you quit if you don't mind me asking?

Its been a bit over a year. Only started to get serious about recovery recently.

Maxout777
08-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Its been a bit over a year. Only started to get serious about recovery recently.

Hate to hear of your misfortune. I know how you feel. Just stick with the protocol and things will change. They have no choice but to.

alphawinner
08-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Hate to hear of your misfortune. I know how you feel. Just stick with the protocol and things will change. They have no choice but to.

Maxout, i am feeling very optimistic about my attempt this time. How do you feel now? I have been following your thread.

Maxout777
08-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Maxout, i am feeling very optimistic about my attempt this time. How do you feel now? I have been following your thread.

I live a pretty normal life again, emotions, being social and having fun and all that good stuff. My remaining side effects are sexual and I've made great strides there recently. I can have sex just doesn't feel like it used to. But it'll come with time. I had libido for a weekend but it went away again.....but that's a great sign because all my other symptoms have gone away like that too (show up, go away....show back up for longer, go away, show up and stay, then never go away.....the "waves of recovery").

I'm a satisfied customer for the protocol and I'm not even finished yet lol.

alphawinner
08-18-2016, 07:10 PM
I live a pretty normal life again, emotions, being social and having fun and all that good stuff. My remaining side effects are sexual and I've made great strides there recently. I can have sex just doesn't feel like it used to. But it'll come with time. I had libido for a weekend but it went away again.....but that's a great sign because all my other symptoms have gone away like that too (show up, go away....show back up for longer, go away, show up and stay, then never go away.....the "waves of recovery").

Thats very encouraging to hear.

alphawinner
08-21-2016, 11:22 PM
recent improvement: i actually ejaculate now instead of drooling over like before

Cdsnuts
08-22-2016, 10:34 AM

3 steps forward one or two steps back. Continue on indefinitely.

Maxout777
08-22-2016, 11:01 AM
3 steps forward one or two steps back. Continue on indefinitely.

I really should just use this line when I describe it lol. Would save me a shit ton of typing.....I talk too damn much.

Cdsnuts
08-22-2016, 11:04 AM
I really should just use this line when I describe it lol. Would save me a shit ton of typing.....I talk too damn much.
One of the biggest things I see here is that when guys hit a back track and they're doing the couple steps back they see it as a sign that the protocol is not working when in fact if they were to just hold on another couple of weeks they would see another push forward into new healing territory. One of the biggest things here is that guy's just don't stick with it long enough... once they go through a couple Cycles of moving forward, going back, moving more forward, they kind of get it and then they can stick with it for the Long Haul. They just have to make it past that one or two cycles to get it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Maxout777
08-22-2016, 11:12 AM
One of the biggest things I see here is that when guys hit a back track and they're doing the couple steps back they it as a sign that the protocol is not working when in fact if they were to just hold on another couple of weeks they would see another push forward into new healing territory. One of the biggest things here is that guy's just don't stick with it long enough... once they go to a couple Cycles of moving forward going back moving more forward they kind of get it and then they can stick with it for the Long Haul. They just have to make it past that one or two cycles to get it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Right. I've always just looked at it like "feeling like shit = new improvements next time", so in a sense I kinda look forward to the down, because it usually means next time I'm "up", it'll be significantly better than before. That's how I've always kept the course. And you're spot on - usually it takes 2-4 weeks at the MOST for me to come back "up".

Of course OP's mileage may vary but either way it's still forward progress. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

alphawinner
08-22-2016, 06:32 PM
recent improvement: faster beard growth

alphawinner
08-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Recent improvement: libido bounced back. Good erection. Spontaneous erection the day after sex.

alphawinner
08-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Update: today had a few lustful thoughts and decent erection. Will add meditation to my routine. Anybody know of any good guided meditation online? Thanks

Snell1234
08-28-2016, 07:13 PM
Holosync

Maxout777
08-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Holosync

I second this and many others will as well. If you want to trial it first, you can find samples on YouTube.

flamingpie
01-11-2017, 11:14 PM
Glad to see you've been having improvement. Same as you, I'm a saw palmetto sufferer. Any advice for someone looking to finally tackle this thing?

Cdsnuts
01-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Glad to see you've been having improvement. Same as you, I'm a saw palmetto sufferer. Any advice for someone looking to finally tackle this thing?

Yes. READ.

Please...rather then come here and make your first post asking someone a question about how to fix this, when a good portion of the guys are here to do just that, all you need to do is read to find out what people are doing.

To ask this question in the middle of a thread is lazy, and it throws the thread off topic.

t14
01-12-2017, 07:44 AM
Update: today had a few lustful thoughts and decent erection. Will add meditation to my routine. Anybody know of any good guided meditation online? Thanks

How to Meditate (http://www.vipassanadhura.com/howto.htm)

Read this for mindfulness. It's better not to be reliant on guided meditation, you should be able to take meditation with you wherever you go imo. There are other types of meditation too like metta and wim hoff breathing but it's always best to start with concentration and mindfulness.