PDA

View Full Version : Need help with blood tests

Justice
09-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Hi guys, i am new to this forum. I experience health issues from finasteride for 3 years now and these are my last blood tests. Really interested on hearing your thoughts on them.

Out of range:
Free testosterone 4,64 ng/dl (5,8-18)
Cholesterol 225 mg/dl (<200)
Ldl 162 mg/dl (<130)
Sgot 37 iu/L (<35)
Rdw cv 16 (11,5-14,5%)

Near the limit:
Tsh 4,25 (0,27-4,7)
Total testosterone 313 (249-836)
Fsh 1,8 (1,5-12,4)
Lh 2,2 (1,7-8,6)
Blood glucose 71 (70-100)
Calcium 10 (8,4-10,1)
Mch 27 (26-32)

I am really concerned about the results i think it clearly indicates my health is in a poor state. Maybe hypogonadism and hypothyroidism are present here and there is definitely sth wrong with my liver function.
I am going to show these to my endo but could use a little bit of insight from educated members.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snell1234
09-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Do you have your liver test results that you could post?

For me, clearly your thyroid is under pressure and your cholesterol levels need to come down.

I guess to get a full picture, we need to know the following:

1. Are you overweight?
2. What is your diet like - do you have a lot of sugar, dairy and fried fatty foods?
3. Do you exercise?
4. What steps have you taken to address your health issues? Are you familiar with cdnuts' protocol and have you begun living his protocol, starting with the cleanse by way of a juice feast.

You've come to the right place - these guys are experts. But be prepared to work hard and lead a disciplined and dedicated life. Do everything they say and take all recommendations on board.

Justice
09-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. The indication that my liver is malfunctioning is the sgot value which i posted under the out of range headline.
I am 6 feet tall and i weigh 190 lbs. just a little bit overweight. I should weight 170 lbs according to my bodytype.
My diet is very good with limited carb intake, mostly from sweet potatoes and fruits. No i dont eat sugar fried foods etc. its mostly clean.
Funny thing is i live like an athlete, i exercise everyday intense cardio for one or two hour sessions and its going well.
I ve tried many things in the past to resolve my situation with limited success.
I am not aware of the protocol you're referring. Im going to check it out. How many people have recovered from it?
I am willing to give everything i got to get over this. I am disciplined and i like hard work. The only problem is my limited resources when it comes to buying herbs and supplements.

Snell1234
09-08-2016, 08:54 PM
First start would be getting down to 170 then to help your cholesterol. Have you always had high cholesterol? Do you have any previous bloods prior to fin to measure this against.

Search for cdnuts protocol here or in his recovery post on propecia help. English and others have recovered using it.

The first main thing you need to focus on is cleansing your system. Cdnuts does this by way of juice feasting for 7 days (14 days if you can do it).

Losing the extra weight will help your liver and cholesterol levels. The juice feasting will help with the weight too.

Justice
09-09-2016, 07:14 AM
My father takes medicine for high cholesterol since he was my age so i guess it runs in the family.
I dont want to take medication though.. You can guess why.
My endo wants to put me on trt and specifically nebido injections. I am thinking of doing so as low test shouldnt be left untreated even if i dont feel the effects like most people with pfs.
I have libido but not what it used to be before the whole mess. Another thing that surprised me is that i can work out everyday while before fin i would get sore easily and take rest days.

Maxout777
09-09-2016, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't go with TRT. Messing with your hormones of that nature will probably set you back in the long run more than help.

Fast/cleanse => get your diet in check => cut down some on cardio and add more heavy weightlifting => cycle the herbs => calm your mind, lather, rinse, repeat.

Justice
09-09-2016, 02:24 PM
The problem is i cannot afford anything right now supplement wise. Not even a subscription to the gym. I have spent thousands on doctors tests and supplements in the past and now i cannot do it anymore. If i do a fast then i prefer water fasting for a week. I know my body and i am sure i ll drop 15 lbs if i do that.

Maxout777
09-09-2016, 03:05 PM
The problem is i cannot afford anything right now supplement wise. Not even a subscription to the gym. I have spent thousands on doctors tests and supplements in the past and now i cannot do it anymore. If i do a fast then i prefer water fasting for a week. I know my body and i am sure i ll drop 15 lbs if i do that.

While I completely understand that, TRT isn't free? You're going to be spending money to get that treatment....at least everyone I've ever known to use it has. With PFS, you'll be spending money much more efficiently by not wasting it on a treatment that has, to my knowledge, never worked or given any permanent relief.

Please don't take this as me being an ass, I'd rather see you put money toward something that will actually help you, since you're on a tight budget.

Justice
09-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Nebido is 30 usd once every 10 weeks or sth like that. This i can afford. Low t troubles me it creates problems with other hormones as well especially thyroid and i suspect it has sth to do with iron levels

Cdsnuts
09-09-2016, 05:45 PM
TRT is a dead end when it comes to PFS. You're just going to cause your self a whole host of other problems down the road, not to mention becoming a slave to the medical system and prescription pad.

I second the suggestion to cut way down on the cardio. You're adding way more stress hormones into the mix and you want to do the exact opposite of that.

You need to build yourself up, not suppress yourself even further by adding T shots. You should do some more reading on this site in regards to this.

Justice
09-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately im on a dead end 3 years now and sth needs to be done at this point. Only way i can afford to raise test levels is trt. I wish i could get all the herbs to boost it naturally but i cant. So what should i do sit here with my arms crossed amd wait for a miracle to happen? My lh and fsh are already at the bottom end of normal range which indicates that my axis is not working at optimal level.

Maxout777
09-09-2016, 06:04 PM
If you're just dead damn set on going the pharm route, I would almost go with Clomid before I did TRT. At least there are some stories of "success" with it. I use "success" because one of the ones I read, he had to stay on Clomid to maintain.

And in all actuality, you probably would be better off waiting for a miracle to happen than going on TRT. Go look at the other forums, see just how many TRT success stories there are.

And you don't have to buy all the herbs at once, just buy as you can until you build up to 7, and just cycle then. All while knocking diet out of the park and working out (body weight exercises if you can't afford a gym).

Cdsnuts
09-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately im on a dead end 3 years now and sth needs to be done at this point. Only way i can afford to raise test levels is trt. I wish i could get all the herbs to boost it naturally but i cant. So what should i do sit here with my arms crossed amd wait for a miracle to happen? My lh and fsh are already at the bottom end of normal range which indicates that my axis is not working at optimal level.

So I'm a little confused as to what you expected to get out of this post when you asked for "insight." We've given you our insight and you've done nothing but said thanks, but no thanks? You're going to do TRT. It sounds like your mind is made up. If you already knew what you were going to do, then what were you actually asking for? You're at a dead end. You've been at a dead end. We are giving you a way to get out of that dead end based on personal experience. You choose not to take that advice. I guess I just don't understand the point of the post then?

Justice
09-09-2016, 06:15 PM
No its not like that i havent made my mind im just stating the facts and more like thinking loudly amd expressing it in the post.
Every reply is important to me. Sadly my options are limited thats all and thats why i sound negative.

Cdsnuts
09-09-2016, 06:38 PM
No its not like that i havent made my mind im just stating the facts and more like thinking loudly amd expressing it in the post.
Every reply is important to me. Sadly my options are limited thats all and thats why i sound negative.

I see... do you have a credit card? If there was ever a reason to spend money it is for your health. Before I went the natural route I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on conventional Medical Treatments and prescriptions as well.... going the natural route is a lot cheaper in the long run not to mention more effective.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Snell1234
09-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Definitely do not take any testosterone or anything else for that matter at this stage. It doesn't work with our conditions and as the others have said, you will create new issues for yourself.

Get started on the juice feast.

Justice
09-23-2016, 07:21 AM
Went to a herb store and bought catuaba bark powder. I tried it, worked for two days then stopped feeling the effects. Why is that? Should i take another herb now? What do you suggest? Thank you

Cdsnuts
09-23-2016, 08:02 AM
Went to a herb store and bought catuaba bark powder. I tried it, worked for two days then stopped feeling the effects. Why is that? Should i take another herb now? What do you suggest? Thank you

I suggest reading this: CD's Natural Testosterone boosting regimen (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplements/2912-cds-natural-testosterone-boosting-regimen.html#post49166)

Justice
09-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Thank you! Nice one. But do we know why we build tolerance so fast? It shouldnt be that way. I dont get it

Cdsnuts
09-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Thank you! Nice one. But do we know why we build tolerance so fast? It shouldnt be that way. I dont get it

That's the way things work. You build tolerance to any substance you put in your system one way or another. Some tolerances build faster then others, but it always happens. To keep it fresh, this is the best method to get the most bang for you buck so to speak.

Justice
09-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Do you think it has sth to do with pfs where any testosterone boost fades away easily?
Also, i noticed you have a very big list of herbs. Which are the most effective ones according to your experience? Thank you

DrivenToRecover
09-23-2016, 10:40 AM
There are some that are more effective than others, but the entire point is that they ALL become much more effective when you cycle them together.

Cdsnuts
09-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Do you think it has sth to do with pfs where any testosterone boost fades away easily?
Also, i noticed you have a very big list of herbs. Which are the most effective ones according to your experience? Thank you

It has nothing to do with PFS. This is the nature of ANY substance that is consumed regularly.

Justice
09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
I believe you. Its just that before pfs i felt tribulus every time and now i hardly feel anything.

Cdsnuts
09-23-2016, 04:06 PM
I believe you. Its just that before pfs i felt tribulus every time and now i hardly feel anything.

When was your last cleanse?

Justice
09-24-2016, 05:53 AM
Unfortunately havent done a cleanse yet only 24h water fasts here and there. I will do a 3 day one soon. Not sure about the juice fast though too much sugar

Cdsnuts
09-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Unfortunately havent done a cleanse yet only 24h water fasts here and there. I will do a 3 day one soon. Not sure about the juice fast though too much sugar

Not too much sugar. Do some research on it. You would get more mileage out of a 2 week juice feast then you would a 3 day water fast. Fasting for 24 hours ....3 days....it's not doing anything that you need it to do. You need to get a good, deep cleanse in. The only way to do that is to put in the time.