PDA

View Full Version : Hi

DrivenToRecover
09-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Hello friends,

I am happy to have found this community that seems focused on solutions, positivity, and keeping each other accountable. I plan on staying staying active here for the duration of my recovery.

Background:
I'm 24 year old dude with pfs. I was an all state football player in high school, a 4 year starter at a D1 college, and just finished my undergraduate degree this summer. I took saw palmetto for 2 years and fin for 2 months. Quit both of them together and crashed 5 days later back In May.
I feel like I have a good grasp on CD's protocol and I have implemented some of it for a few weeks, but I intend in the very near future to juice feast and start over giving it 100%. I feel that is whats needed.

Next I'd like to list a few issues that are specific to me. And i'd like to make it clear that I don't say any of these things to complain. Fuck that. This is to introduce myself and seek help from the experienced people on this forum who may have insight into how pfs interacts with these things.

My health issues:
1) Ulcerative Colitus (autoimmune gut) - I take anti-inflammatory medication (Lialda)
2) Hashimotos thyroid disease (autoimmune thyroid) - I take nature throid 1.5 grain 2x day
3) Autoimmune hepatitis (autoimmune liver) - My liver is currently in bad shape. high liver enzymes in blood
4) Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (autoimmune liver) - these last two liver issues have come about only since pfs started. I've had to go on Prednisone for them unfortunately which is a steroid. Planning to do a PCT with herbs when I taper off of these hopefully in the next month.
I am worried about all of the autoimmune issues i've developed slowing recovery, so i'm constantly educating myself on how to mitigate them.
5) ADHD-personally I think ADHD is kinda bullshit, but I was diagnosed and I've been on adderall since I was 7.
Pfs seems to have shut down the effectiveness of adderall, and I have recently stopped taking it. I figure it can only help me to eliminate as many chemicals as possible from my body to help recover. Addy being a pretty gnarly one, as it is basically pharmaceutical meth.

Diet:
My diet has been lower carb high fat paleo for a few months now. Brain fog comes from eating anything processed, and a few other things like dairy, nuts, and high glycemic fruits in excess. I've begun to figure out all I can/can't tolerate for myself, but if anyone can shed light on the rhyme or reason why specific foods = brain fog I'd love to hear!
Also, I do seem to get mild brain fog from even eating paleo foods, so i've found what works best for me is to fast early in the day and get all of my work done, and eat all my calories in a compressed window in the afternoon.

Money/Job:
I finished my undergrad degree in business marketing this summer, and I had planned to go to grad school, but that's on hold for now. I know my next step for now is to find a job that's as stress free as possible, and can also support the excessively healthy lifestyle that's needed for recovery. This concept of looking for a job specifically for low stress is extremely alien to me (and avoiding stress in general)...I've played football in front of dozens of thousands of people tweeked out on adderall (meth lol), and it wasn't half as stressful as trying to work my job as a server post crash.

I would LOVE input from any of you guys on finding a job that is low stress, decent income, and where you don't need to be quick witted/have sharp memory. My two best ideas so far are some kind of driving job (Uber, Mailman, courier, ect) or something more related to my specific major, like social media management/digital marketing that could be done from home.

So yeah, That's about it!
Thank you for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you guys
Much love

P.s. if anyone on this board is in the Knoxville, TN area PM me! I'd love to meet up

Maxout777
09-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Welcome.

Sounds like you know what you're doing. All I can let you know is if you apply the protocol and truly live it for a few months, you'll start seeing good gains. I'm 100x better than I was when I first crashed. Still a little bit to go, but my God, it's so much better than where I was.

As far as the job situation goes, don't limit yourself. Push through when it's tough and you'll be rewarded with a better job and a better state. A part of this is learning to take those risks and push through when it's tough. I work in cybersecurity and it's very fast paced, and I pushed through although I wanted to quit after I crashed because I was literally terrible at my job. 7 months later, that's no longer the case. The only variable in that is you. Knock it out of the park and keep yourself accountable and you'll be there too.

I'm not too far from Knoxville, and have visited many times for football games. Including this year, I'll be there in October (that should give away which School I'm a fan of, lol).

CannonBalls
09-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Hey Driven,

I'm currently on day 4 of my juice feast. The second day was the worst for me and it wasn't even that bad. My hunger for food has been minimal. I expected the juice feast to be a lot worse. So if I can do it, I'm sure you can too after reading a little about your background.

I've tried to read as much as I can from this site in order to heal myself. I'm a beginner, but I will certainly try to support anyone with this in anyway I can.

Good luck on your journey.

DrivenToRecover
09-13-2016, 06:51 PM
Welcome.

Sounds like you know what you're doing. All I can let you know is if you apply the protocol and truly live it for a few months, you'll start seeing good gains. I'm 100x better than I was when I first crashed. Still a little bit to go, but my God, it's so much better than where I was.

As far as the job situation goes, don't limit yourself. Push through when it's tough and you'll be rewarded with a better job and a better state. A part of this is learning to take those risks and push through when it's tough. I work in cybersecurity and it's very fast paced, and I pushed through although I wanted to quit after I crashed because I was literally terrible at my job. 7 months later, that's no longer the case. The only variable in that is you. Knock it out of the park and keep yourself accountable and you'll be there too.

I'm not too far from Knoxville, and have visited many times for football games. Including this year, I'll be there in October (that should give away which School I'm a fan of, lol).

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts. I think the biggest thing I take away from seeing your success is that we aren't powerless to this thing.

When I first crashed a few months back I can remember reading things like "Incurable", "permanent", and "no doctor understands" that in retrospect had me freaking out way more than I should have.

It has really given me peace of mind to see you and others that have really taken to CD's protocol consistently have results. I like knowing success is up to me, and I'm not just along for the ride where ever this thing takes me.

DrivenToRecover
09-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Hey Driven,

I'm currently on day 4 of my juice feast. The second day was the worst for me and it wasn't even that bad. My hunger for food has been minimal. I expected the juice feast to be a lot worse. So if I can do it, I'm sure you can too after reading a little about your background.

I've tried to read as much as I can from this site in order to heal myself. I'm a beginner, but I will certainly try to support anyone with this in anyway I can.

Good luck on your journey.

Good luck to you too friend. I'm curious about the specifics of the your juice feast. What kind of fruits/veggies are you focusing on? Organic vs not?

Also, a lot of raw fruits/veggies are goitrogens that actually interfere with thyroid function at high doses. Not a big deal for most, but I have preexisting thyroid issues. I'm about to start the juice feast, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any input on how to mitigate the effects, while still doing an effective cleanse

Maxout777
09-13-2016, 07:54 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts. I think the biggest thing I take away from seeing your success is that we aren't powerless to this thing.

When I first crashed a few months back I can remember reading things like "Incurable", "permanent", and "no doctor understands" that in retrospect had me freaking out way more than I should have.

It has really given me peace of mind to see you and others that have really taken to CD's protocol consistently have results. I like knowing success is up to me, and I'm not just along for the ride where ever this thing takes me.

Those same thoughts and words fucked me over too. I thought I'd live the rest of my life a broken man because of a mistake I made. Depressing shit.

That's no longer the case now. Keep busting your ass and you'll get there too. Like anything else in life, if you want it bad enough to get it, you can have it.

Never stop, keep grinding until you're there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CannonBalls
09-13-2016, 10:27 PM
I've been juicing spinach, collard greens, kale, a lettuce mix, cabbage, asparagus, cucumbers, celery, carrots, apples, oranges, peaches, grapefruit, ginger, and a frozen berry mix. Most of it is organic, I'm not sure about the berry mix though.

I also added lemon to each batch. Supposedly that helps to keep it from going bad if you juice all at once for your entire day's consumption.

I'm not familiar with the giotrogens but I'll look into it.

TubZy
09-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Goitrogens I know are found in pretty high amounts in kale. I put 2 cups of kale in my smoothie every morning but as of now I haven't really noticed any difference (only positives).

If you are concerned maybe adding some coconut oil (speeds up thyroid) with it should help cancel out any of the thyroid suppression of that is what you are worried about. Also adding iodine in too.

DrivenToRecover
09-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Some current bloods:

Maxout777
09-14-2016, 11:59 AM
Some current bloods:

Those don't look terrible to me at all from a hormone viewpoint. Start supplementing vitamin D3 at 10k IU daily though. Again, bloods won't show you much unfortunately. You can have a perfect blood result and still feel like shit. Just stick to the protocol....I've stopped even taking bloods. Found it to generally be a waste of my time.

About the only thing awful I saw on that post was your new avatar, lol. Glad to see another SEC guy on here!

TubZy
09-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Some current bloods:

Wow, liver enzymes are really up there? Do you notice any sides from it?

DrivenToRecover
09-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Wow, liver enzymes are really up there? Do you notice any sides from it?

My liver issues have only come post crash, so I haven't really been able to notice anything on top of normal pfs stuff. I'm on steroids till those numbers come down.

I've seen all of your posts, and I noticed that you follow a ketogenic diet. One of the first things I did after crashing was try to go keto as well, and that shit did not work for me. I couldn't keto adapt. I had all my macros locked in and I was eating around two pounds of fatty beef per day, yet my body was in starvation mode. I'm 6'3 and I dropped down to 145 at my lowest before I gave it up. That's about when the liver issues started.

I think the issue was my cortisol was going crazy, and I've read that can actually mess with your blood sugar even if you aren't eating carbs.

All the stuff I've learned about nutritional ketosis is super interesting though, and I definitely think it can be a tool for recovery. But for me...I'm scared to try it again hahah I was a skinny little fucker. I've gained 20 pounds back in 2 months since

Cdsnuts
09-15-2016, 01:58 PM
My liver issues have only come post crash, so I haven't really been able to notice anything on top of normal pfs stuff. I'm on steroids till those numbers come down.

I've seen all of your posts, and I noticed that you follow a ketogenic diet. One of the first things I did after crashing was try to go keto as well, and that shit did not work for me. I couldn't keto adapt. I had all my macros locked in and I was eating around two pounds of fatty beef per day, yet my body was in starvation mode. I'm 6'3 and I dropped down to 145 at my lowest before I gave it up. That's about when the liver issues started.

I think the issue was my cortisol was going crazy, and I've read that can actually mess with your blood sugar even if you aren't eating carbs.

All the stuff I've learned about nutritional ketosis is super interesting though, and I definitely think it can be a tool for recovery. But for me...I'm scared to try it again hahah I was a skinny little fucker. I've gained 20 pounds back in 2 months since

You're on steroids? I would suggest stopping for the time being. Unless I read that wrong somehow? You need to focus on cleansing first before being able to properly build yourself up. It's never a good idea to build a house on a shitty foundation.

Maxout777
09-15-2016, 04:48 PM
You're on steroids? I would suggest stopping for the time being. Unless I read that wrong somehow? You need to focus on cleansing first before being able to properly build yourself up. It's never a good idea to build a house on a shitty foundation.

I think he's referring to some kinda steroid medication like prednisone, etc. as opposed to AAS. Either way, I agree with Cd in that you need to kick the pharms to the curb if you can. Of course this could be a special case here.

Cdsnuts
09-15-2016, 05:21 PM
I think he's referring to some kinda steroid medication like prednisone, etc. as opposed to AAS. Either way, I agree with Cd in that you need to kick the pharms to the curb if you can. Of course this could be a special case here.

I guess that would make more sense....lol. Either way he should ditch the pharms. Once you start cleansing your inflammation flames out to nothing anyway.

DrivenToRecover
09-15-2016, 07:26 PM
I guess that would make more sense....lol. Either way he should ditch the pharms. Once you start cleansing your inflammation flames out to nothing anyway.

Maxout is correct. I'm on anti-inflammatory steroids(prednisone), and that was only reluctantly after they told me my liver enzymes were high enough where I was risking permanent damage. I'm tapering down the dose as my numbers get better. I'm literally eating only meat, fruit, and vegetables, so I'm expecting things to get better quickly.

I don't think they're as suppressive as AAS, but I am planning to cycle herbs as I come off.

CD, I'm guessing you have worked with people with gut or liver inflammation issues before...I have IBD, and a really sensitive gut. Has anybody reacted badly to any of your suggested herbs in the past?

Also, I've explained to my doctor why I am planning on taking the herbs, and he's against it. Says that because the herbs are unregulated that any potential fillers could be inflammatory to my system.

So I've been working on sourcing the absolute best quality stuff. I've been searching the forums trying to fill in the others not from SMH/Lost empire. I'm buying all these in the next week, so I'd love to hear your recommended sources for the rest:

Butea superba
Suma root extract
Royal jelly
Guduchi
Lions mane
Muira puama
Catauba bark

TubZy
09-16-2016, 05:12 PM

Yeah it is very hard to adapt but early it helped me get my body back on track due to the very low levels of inflammation keto helps with. I was miserable for the first two weeks when I wasn't adapted. I carb backload now, but going into deep keto for a few months really calmed my gut and everything down. Now I can handle carbs way better so I just back load but still cut out sugars and gluten.

For the other herbs, you can check out barlowe's, that is what I use they are pretty good quality. I also though SMH/LE carries lion's mane?

DrivenToRecover
09-21-2016, 02:18 PM
Increase 5 Alpha Reductase and DHT Naturally by 862% (http://anabolicapex.com/2016/05/10/how-to-increase-5-alpha-reductase-activity/)

I found this interesting. I am doing most of the things on this list regularly throughout my day, but this protocol involves doing 9 things in a very short amount of time that all increase 5-AR/DHT.

I'm curious if there is benefit to doing it all at once like this? I definitely am going to try it.

Also, I'd heard about everything on that list except for the Phosphatidylcholine and Phosphatidylserine.

Has anyone used either of these?

TubZy
09-21-2016, 02:30 PM
Increase 5 Alpha Reductase and DHT Naturally by 862% (http://anabolicapex.com/2016/05/10/how-to-increase-5-alpha-reductase-activity/)

I found this interesting. I am doing most of the things on this list regularly throughout my day, but this protocol involves doing 9 things in a very short amount of time that all increase 5-AR/DHT.

I'm curious if there is benefit to doing it all at once like this? I definitely am going to try it.

Also, I'd heard about everything on that list except for the Phosphatidylcholine and Phosphatidylserine.

Has anyone used either of these?

Yes, check out endoamp that is the main ingredient. I posted some studies on them in another thread. Just search for both of those supplements in the forum search.

CannonBalls
09-21-2016, 02:36 PM
That is interesting. I finally received my Butea Superba in the mail but have not used it yet. It's at the end of my herb list so will be taking it in 3 days.

I used the sorghum flour for a while. I was adding it to my morning shakes, but I didn't seem to notice anything. I'm going to stay away from it and continue with a paleo type diet. But who knows, maybe you'll get some benefits.

Now that my cleanse is over, I have definitely seen improvement in libido and erections. I'm quite pleased.

Cdsnuts
09-22-2016, 05:40 AM
That is interesting. I finally received my Butea Superba in the mail but have not used it yet. It's at the end of my herb list so will be taking it in 3 days.

I used the sorghum flour for a while. I was adding it to my morning shakes, but I didn't seem to notice anything. I'm going to stay away from it and continue with a paleo type diet. But who knows, maybe you'll get some benefits.

Now that my cleanse is over, I have definitely seen improvement in libido and erections. I'm quite pleased.

And you will continue to do so as long as you keep to the script. Rinse, repeat...rinse, repeat. Indefinitely. This is your life now. It's just what you do.

CannonBalls
09-22-2016, 09:58 AM
And you will continue to do so as long as you keep to the script. Rinse, repeat...rinse, repeat. Indefinitely. This is your life now. It's just what you do.

Thank you CD. I owe you big time for putting this information out here. Looking forward to your new site

DrivenToRecover
09-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Is there any benefit to just spending time around attractive young women for the benefit of hormones? Libido, pheromones, ect

I have the opportunity at the start of next month to sign a new lease with two of my guy friends, or I could live with 3 pretty decent looking girls I know.

I honestly would rather live with the guys, but hey I'm all about optimizing recovery, and I don't currently have a girlfriend.

Maxout777
09-23-2016, 04:55 PM
Is there any benefit to just spending time around attractive young women for the benefit of hormones? Libido, pheromones, ect

I have the opportunity at the start of next month to sign a new lease with two of my guy friends, or I could live with 3 pretty decent looking girls I know.

I honestly would rather live with the guys, but hey I'm all about optimizing recovery, and I don't currently have a girlfriend.

Maybe to the first one. I live with my fiancée but I've never considered just living with her or being around her as a reason for my recovery, but maybe. We have regular sex, so that might have helped me a good bit....and Cd promoted to do that when he first made this regimen years ago.

So basically, if you think you can bang them.....sign that lease son.

Cdsnuts
09-23-2016, 05:43 PM

Having sex with women is very beneficial for optimized hormones on all of the levels you mentioned. But if you're going to live with them and then become paranoid about your inability to bang them, that will have the opposite effect. If you move in with the girls and they start hen pecking you about everything...your dishes, laundry, cleaning up after yourself....whatever, this is going to become a source of frustration that you don't need.

Honestly, if I was in recovery and was in your situation, I'd rather live with the guys. This way you can titrate your time with woman when you're feeling on and then have some place to go to when you're not. Having sex with one and being around them 24/7 are two completely different animals. You need to be able to dial it in when you can and turn it off when you need a break.

Cdsnuts
09-23-2016, 05:45 PM
So basically, if you think you can bang them.....sign that lease son.

Lol....word.

DrivenToRecover
09-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Having sex with women is very beneficial for optimized hormones on all of the levels you mentioned. But if you're going to live with them and then become paranoid about your inability to bang them, that will have the opposite effect. If you move in with the girls and they start hen pecking you about everything...your dishes, laundry, cleaning up after yourself....whatever, this is going to become a source of frustration that you don't need.

Honestly, if I was in recovery and was in your situation, I'd rather live with the guys. This way you can titrate your time with woman when you're feeling on and then have some place to go to when you're not. Having sex with one and being around them 24/7 are two completely different animals. You need to be able to dial it in when you can and turn it off when you need a break.

Fair enough, I had some of those same thoughts honestly. The idea of hooking up with roommates brings up a whole host of other issues as well...
Keep in mind here everyone involved here is 21-24 lol

Honestly, its a really weird social dynamic being around women in general right now. I'm not sure I want to force it on myself everyday

DrivenToRecover
11-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Thought I'd do a quick update.

I've definitely been seeing slow improvements lately. Hormonally I am now to the point where I can think myself into an erection. My sex drive in some ways actually feels better than while I was still taking saw palmetto/Fin, which is very encouraging.

Mentally, I still find myself very foggy, but I do have certain areas that I have noticed improvement. I have flashes of feeling my personality coming back, especially on days spent with friends or family. Also, my general outlook on this whole thing has slowly shifted from world-shattering to now where it just feels like an inconvenience that I have to work my ass off to get through.

Still have to be careful about what I eat, and any sort of diet cheating still causes mental fog. I found English's recent post very interesting, and to me it explained why inflammatory foods cause the brain fog.

I feel like for me focusing on gut health is the most critical aspect of recovery for me currently because it has been in rough shape.
For my gut I've been doing the autoimmune protocol (The Autoimmune Protocol - The Paleo Mom (http://www.thepaleomom.com/the-autoimmune-protocol/)) This is basically a more strict version of the Paleo diet and the idea is to be extremely strict on foods that even cause a tiny bit of inflammation..even those that are paleo approved. And also focusing on eating foods that are highest in nutrients: organ meats, fish, veggies, ect. Beef liver especially I've noticed makes me feel great on days that I eat it.

Also, I have been practicing the Wim Hoff breathing technique lately and I have to say I love doing it. For me its a guaranteed way to really turn around my mood anytime I want to, and get my day going in a positive direction. The way you can manipulate your brain chemistry so quickly just by breathing really is fascinating.

Cdsnuts
11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Thought I'd do a quick update.

I've definitely been seeing slow improvements lately. Hormonally I am now to the point where I can think myself into an erection. My sex drive in some ways actually feels better than while I was still taking saw palmetto/Fin, which is very encouraging.

Mentally, I still find myself very foggy, but I do have certain areas that I have noticed improvement. I have flashes of feeling my personality coming back, especially on days spent with friends or family. Also, my general outlook on this whole thing has slowly shifted from world-shattering to now where it just feels like an inconvenience that I have to work my ass off to get through.

Still have to be careful about what I eat, and any sort of diet cheating still causes mental fog. I found English's recent post very interesting, and to me it explained why inflammatory foods cause the brain fog.

I feel like for me focusing on gut health is the most critical aspect of recovery for me currently because it has been in rough shape.
For my gut I've been doing the autoimmune protocol (The Autoimmune Protocol - The Paleo Mom (http://www.thepaleomom.com/the-autoimmune-protocol/)) This is basically a more strict version of the Paleo diet and the idea is to be extremely strict on foods that even cause a tiny bit of inflammation..even those that are paleo approved. And also focusing on eating foods that are highest in nutrients: organ meats, fish, veggies, ect. Beef liver especially I've noticed makes me feel great on days that I eat it.

Also, I have been practicing the Wim Hoff breathing technique lately and I have to say I love doing it. For me its a guaranteed way to really turn around my mood anytime I want to, and get my day going in a positive direction. The way you can manipulate your brain chemistry so quickly just by breathing really is fascinating.

I'm a huge proponent of Wim's method as I've been practicing religiously on a daily basis since I started researching breathing techniques a month ago. Not only is it fantastic for a mood boost, but the effects of super oxygenating your blood and body are based in solid scientific research. It also puts you in the exact physiological place you need to be for a great mediation session. It's a win win all the way around.

DrivenToRecover
11-03-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm a huge proponent of Wim's method as I've been practicing religiously on a daily basis since I started researching breathing techniques a month ago. Not only is it fantastic for a mood boost, but the effects of super oxygenating your blood and body are based in solid scientific research. It also puts you in the exact physiological place you need to be for a great mediation session. It's a win win all the way around.

Definitely.
When I wake up, before/during yoga, and before sleep are times that I love to do it.

I seem to remember that you said that Wim Hoff + MJ was a pretty awesome combination...Is that something you'd recommend to someone in recovery?
I know you advocate sobriety, but (maybe wrongly) i"ve just interpreted that as no alcohol.

Cdsnuts
11-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Sobriety is always the best way to go during recovery but if you can tolerate marijuana it doesn't have any of the downsides that alcohol does. I'm pretty confident if you paired that with wims breathing method you would be pretty amazed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DrivenToRecover
11-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Sobriety is always the best way to go during recovery but if you can tolerate marijuana it doesn't have any of the downsides that alcohol does. I'm pretty confident if you paired that with wims breathing method you would be pretty amazed.

I've found that weed helps me better connect emotionally to those around me, and that's a thing I really value right now.

I guess going forward I will do it more sparingly because I am about optimizing recovery in any way, but as for tomorrow...I'm trying that combination out haha

Cdsnuts
11-03-2016, 08:25 PM
You won't be disappointed

Cdsnuts
11-23-2016, 01:58 PM
I've found that weed helps me better connect emotionally to those around me, and that's a thing I really value right now.

I guess going forward I will do it more sparingly because I am about optimizing recovery in any way, but as for tomorrow...I'm trying that combination out haha

Was hoping you'd report back on this....was curious to see if you enjoyed it as much as I did, and still do. The two synergize great together and they take the meditation to the next level. The relaxation afterwords is almost drug like.

DrivenToRecover
11-25-2016, 03:37 PM
I did try out the method & it started out a little
rough at first lol

Since this whole thing started I've been pretty conservative the few times I have smoked, but this time
I had some really potent stuff that I took a big hit of, & right away I was a bit worried that I had maybe overdone it.

I vaguely remembered others talking about how they felt set back after too much weed, (which does have me somewhat skeptical) but at the time it had me going down a pathway of mild nervousness & discomfort because it was such an intense high.

However, then I started doing the breathing method and it honestly was incredible how fast it turned things around.

I went from an unpleasant high to feeling more euphoric than I thought possible (with pfs) in just a few minutes, and it lasted for a longgg time.

It definitely felt like i could sort of "re-up" the high every time i did another round of the breathing, and it got me to a state of such clarity and tranquility. I felt like I had re-opened the part of me that allows feeling of a broad range of emotions and feelings again.
It was beautiful.

I would highly recommend trying this out...with a few stipulations:

1) Don't overdo it the first time.

2) Be in a setting thats comfortable physically and in a good place mentally before you try it.

These are important! People do have full blown panic attacks on weed. I've had people very close to me that ended up in the hospital because they got too deep in their own head, and Thats why i can't in good conscience just recomend anyone do this anytime & anywhere.
but i know for me this was a really positive experience that id like to share with others!

Cdsnuts
11-26-2016, 12:47 PM
I did try out the method & it started out a little
rough at first lol

Since this whole thing started I've been pretty conservative the few times I have smoked, but this time
I had some really potent stuff that I took a big hit of, & right away I was a bit worried that I had maybe overdone it.

I vaguely remembered others talking about how they felt set back after too much weed, (which does have me somewhat skeptical) but at the time it had me going down a pathway of mild nervousness & discomfort because it was such an intense high.

However, then I started doing the breathing method and it honestly was incredible how fast it turned things around.

I went from an unpleasant high to feeling more euphoric than I thought possible (with pfs) in just a few minutes, and it lasted for a longgg time.

It definitely felt like i could sort of "re-up" the high every time i did another round of the breathing, and it got me to a state of such clarity and tranquility. I felt like I had re-opened the part of me that allows feeling of a broad range of emotions and feelings again.
It was beautiful.

I would highly recommend trying this out...with a few stipulations:

1) Don't overdo it the first time.

2) Be in a setting thats comfortable physically and in a good place mentally before you try it.

These are important! People do have full blown panic attacks on weed. I've had people very close to me that ended up in the hospital because they got too deep in their own head, and Thats why i can't in good conscience just recomend anyone do this anytime & anywhere.
but i know for me this was a really positive experience that id like to share with others!

Good post. That's why I just happened to make that off the cuff remark in the chat box. This is a powerful combination. And just like you had mentioned, even if you start having a bad high, this exercise will IMMEDIATELY pull you out of it and put you some place so much better.

The first time I experienced it, it was so beautiful and so euphoric, I cried. Yes....cried. I laid there on the bed, my body twitching with feel good euphoria and tears were streaming down my face. It was better then any ecstasy or other drug I've ever done.

Listen bro. Just stick to the program 100% and you'll be better then you were before this whole mess. 100% for as long as it takes....you'll get there...believe me.

DrivenToRecover
11-26-2016, 02:01 PM
I have to admit...I cried too lol. First time I have since all of this mess started. First time I felt emotionally able to.

Have you looked into why the two synergize so well? I would guess it has something to do with increasing blood flow along with the oxygen saturation.
I've experienced something like this before when I've smoked immediately after a workout in the past, but this is much stronger.

Funny you bring up ecstasy...It really did remind me of the first time I tried it. The good vibes and euphoria are definitely similar, but also with more introspection like a good dose of mushrooms.

It really is like an entirely new drug.

Cdsnuts
11-26-2016, 03:02 PM
I have to admit...I cried too lol. First time I have since all of this mess started. First time I felt emotionally able to.

Have you looked into why the two synergize so well? I would guess it has something to do with increasing blood flow along with the oxygen saturation.
I've experienced something like this before when I've smoked immediately after a workout in the past, but this is much stronger.

Funny you bring up ecstasy...It really did remind me of the first time I tried it. The good vibes and euphoria are definitely similar, but also with more introspection like a good dose of mushrooms.

It really is like an entirely new drug.

I haven't looked into it purposely, but during my research into Wim's Method others admitted the same thing although they were completely sober when they experienced it. The pot just takes it to the next level. I consider myself in top shape mentally and physically and I was actually surprised that I had so much emotional baggage come up. Even when I first starting doing it, I experienced deep emotions that were released during the first day or two of practicing.

As you continue to practice, you'll go deeper and deeper into your physiology getting more and more control over your nervous system. It's fucking amazing. And don't skimp on the cold exposure either. That along with the breathing go together unbelievably well. Are you doing the cold showers? The benefits of those alone are worth adding to your regimen.

Mind control is a big part of this whole thing. Adding Wim's Method to this really just ties it together so much more then I could have hoped.

I think the effects of the weed just magnify the effects ten fold. I still find it very calming, centering and euphoric while sober, but no where near as strong and as profound then when I'm high.

Also, if you don't mind sharing what we were talking about via PM, I believe it would be helpful to others as well. Not to mention saving me tens and tens of messages with others about the same thing....lol

On a side note, how are you finding the protocol? How are you making out with it?

DrivenToRecover
11-26-2016, 07:57 PM
You don't wanna know how it works? Afraid it'll spoil some of the magic? lol

In regards to the protocol I've had the diet and exercise locked in for a few months now and I credit that to the increased sex drive that I have noticed.

Daily supplements are basically all the same stuff that maxout is on.

Still my biggest struggle is all of the autoimmune issues that I have going on and how fragile/inflamed its keeping my gut and liver. My diet is ridiculously strict, and im still on immunosupressant meds, and prednisone, but I still have elevated liver enzymes and my IBD is flaring. Its hard to get the inflamation under controll when your immune system is constantly causing it.

I've been waiting to start the herb cycle because I wanted to get my inflammation under control first, but at this point I really want to start them for the workout boost.

I know some of them I definitely will avoid like ashwaganda (because its a nightshade), and a few of them actually boost your immune system which in my case is not good either.

What has been your experience in the past with people that had liver/gut issues taking the different herbs?

Cdsnuts
11-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Not at all... Like I said it's just a matter of the marijuana enhancing the effects of the breathing exercises. Just like it enhances the sound of music, enhances the feeling of sex and enhancing the taste and pleasure in eating food. It simply magnifies what you would be feeling from it in the first place.

It's a mixed bag when it comes to people with autoimmune conditions. Some can handle most of them and others can't. But another fantastic thing about Wims method is supposedly it helps people reduce or even in some cases stop their bodies from attacking itself.

Sounds crazy but just scour the internet and learn all you can about it. You may be surprised

DrivenToRecover
11-26-2016, 08:42 PM
Yeah I listened to an episode of Joe Rogan's podcast where he had Wim on and heard him talk about how he had helped people with autoimmune diseases. I wish he had gone into more detail about how he has coached people specifically, but he said you could just tap into your immune system and control it just with the breathing.

All of the claims he makes are so ridiculous that they make you want to call BS, but you can't argue with all of the crazy shit he has done, and the science that's come out of studying him.

Cdsnuts
11-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah I listened to an episode of Joe Rogan's podcast where he had Wim on and heard him talk about how he had helped people with autoimmune diseases. I wish he had gone into more detail about how he has coached people specifically, but he said you could just tap into your immune system and control it just with the breathing.

All of the claims he makes are so ridiculous that they make you want to call BS, but you can't argue with all of the crazy shit he has done, and the science that's come out of studying him.
The claims aren't ridiculous... They sound ridiculous. But the more you practice it and the deeper you get the more it starts to make sense.

People say this protocol is ridiculous... Myself and a lot of other people beg to differ... the people that have gotten their lives back don't think it's so ridiculous

DrivenToRecover
12-06-2016, 08:15 PM
What are your opinions about tanning beds for vitamin D as opposed to supplementation during the winter?

I've heard D3 Supps are hard on your liver, and I've had noticeable pain when supplementing as of late.

Cdsnuts
12-07-2016, 05:11 PM
What are your opinions about tanning beds for vitamin D as opposed to supplementation during the winter?

I've heard D3 Supps are hard on your liver, and I've had noticeable pain when supplementing as of late.

I've never heard of D3 being hard on the liver and I take 10,000 iu's everyday along with whatever else I happen to be taking that day. Where did you hear this? I was always under the impression that it's pretty benign.

In regards to tanning beds, I think if used cautiously it can be a good place to supplement vit. D, but oral supplementation is really the way to go out of pure convenience.

DrivenToRecover
12-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Honestly I've done an obsessive amount of research into all things related to health in the last year so I don't remember where I heard that.

I started taking 10,000 IU D3, and had pain that came/went right alongside when I was taking it.
But I do have a really messed up liver right now that's got me cautious of taking just about anything.

I've asked my liver doctor about what supplements/herbs I can take, and she says play it safe and take nothing at all...which I hate to hear because I know how you always say you have to buy in 100% to get the results you want.

It's balancing act that is frustrating at times.

DrivenToRecover
12-07-2016, 06:08 PM
I do actually have a tanning bed in the gym I work out in. Both of which are a 20 second walk from my apartment. I find that getting in it for 5 minutes or so really does a lot to help wake me up in the mornings without burning my skin at all.

From what I've learned about circadian rhythms it makes sense. I just don't know if its safe to do a tanning bed even in moderation 5 times a week lol

DrivenToRecover
01-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Things have really improved for me lately in terms of overall energy and mood. I just can't thank you guys here enough for the advice and positive vibes.

I've gotten into the routine of working out before work, and then after work also squeezing in something active like pick up soccer, basketball, or sprints. My work is also pretty active as well, so my days at this point are full of activity, and damn it feels good. Sprint days especially. I sleep fucking hardddd.

I'm curious how often its ok to do sprints? I'd honestly love to hit it everyday. I love that shit, and I know its one of the best exercises from a hormonal standpoint.

If you're ever having a bad day just do a few rounds of breathing exercises and go sprint. The endorphin rush is insane.

Is every other day sprints something I could safely build up to? I usually do 8-10 100 yards full out.

Cdsnuts
01-11-2017, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't do them more than every 2 days.

DrivenToRecover
01-11-2017, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't do them more than every 2 days.

Once every 2 days...meaning every other day?

Or two full days of rest between them?

Cdsnuts
01-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Once every 2 days...meaning every other day?

Or two full days of rest between them?
Two full days rest in between. You want to make sure you're fully rested and you're also going to be lifting as well.... you just don't want to overdo it

DrivenToRecover
01-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Two full days rest in between. You want to make sure you're fully rested and you're also going to be lifting as well.... you just don't want to overdo it

Fair enough. At this point I just want to be doing everything I possibly can. Everything optomized 100%. Something maxout said a few months back has really stuck with me, and that's when my head hits the pillow at night I want to rest easy knowing I've done everything I possibly could that day to get better.

I'm the type of person that sucks at multitasking but gets obsessed with one or two things going on in my life...I've successfully made this an obsession lol

Cdsnuts
01-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Fair enough. At this point I just want to be doing everything I possibly can. Everything optomized 100%. Something maxout said a few months back has really stuck with me, and that's when my head hits the pillow at night I want to rest easy knowing I've done everything I possibly could that day to get better.

I'm the type of person that sucks at multitasking but gets obsessed with one or two things going on in my life...I've successfully made this an obsession lol
If you're sticking to the program you can do just that.

DrivenToRecover
02-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Because I've quit my prednisone, my colitus has flared up again pretty badly. 8-10 bowel movements per day, and feeling pretty sluggish. At this point I haven't really had a normal #2 in 2 years. I have to take a step back from everything and address this.

Sooo, I'm gonna juice feast again. I'm not sure how long I will go...leaving it open ended. I want to go until my gut has healed, but I'm not sure how to gauge when that is. The only way to really tell is by bowel movements, and those are pretty different on a feast anyway.

When I break the feast, My plan is to slowly reintroduce meats, collagen protein, and my thyroid meds only, along with continuing to juice for as long as it takes. I'm stopping all other meds along with the herbs, capsules, and even just fiber. They all seem to much for my system to tolerate right now.

I'm worried I might have to go long enough where I really start to lose muscle to get the results I want. I'm curious how long before muscles really start to atrophy without protein? Long term can you introduce liquid protein and still be cleansing your system?

Maxout777
02-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Because I've quit my prednisone, my colitus has flared up again pretty badly. 8-10 bowel movements per day, and feeling pretty sluggish. At this point I haven't really had a normal #2 in 2 years. I have to take a step back from everything and address this.

Sooo, I'm gonna juice feast again. I'm not sure how long I will go...leaving it open ended. I want to go until my gut has healed, but I'm not sure how to gauge when that is. The only way to really tell is by bowel movements, and those are pretty different on a feast anyway.

When I break the feast, My plan is to slowly reintroduce meats, collagen protein, and my thyroid meds only, along with continuing to juice for as long as it takes. I'm stopping all other meds along with the herbs, capsules, and even just fiber. They all seem to much for my system to tolerate right now.

I'm worried I might have to go long enough where I really start to lose muscle to get the results I want. I'm curious how long before muscles really start to atrophy without protein? Long term can you introduce liquid protein and still be cleansing your system?

I know you're planning for longer than a week most likely, but I had minimal muscle loss (and gained back what I lost pretty quickly at that) when I finished my feast. Your mileage may vary, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Cdsnuts
02-03-2017, 06:43 PM

Depends on how your built going in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....the cleanse is a time when you have to put ego aside as it's not about weight, but how you feel. That's different for everyone.

DrivenToRecover
02-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Lately my beard has been changing from black to red pretty noticeably. Is this a hormonal thing? A symptom that others have had?

Cdsnuts
02-16-2017, 07:16 PM
Lately my beard has been changing from black to red pretty noticeably. Is this a hormonal thing? A symptom that others have had?

I have red in my beard as well even though I have dark brown hair...or...well....HAD, dark brown hair. I don't think it has anything to do with hormones.

Have you been taking any He Shoe Wu? That is known to change the color of hair on some men.

DrivenToRecover
02-16-2017, 08:04 PM
I have red in my beard as well even though I have dark brown hair...or...well....HAD, dark brown hair. I don't think it has anything to do with hormones.

Have you been taking any He Shoe Wu? That is known to change the color of hair on some men.

He shoe wu only as it comes in the rotation.

I do realize different colors in a beard are common, but its crazy how quickly mine has changed.

On another note, I've recently ended my juice feast.

Is it typical for green juice to go in & come out looking the same? Within an hour or two? Lol. I felt like my digestion was in a state where the green juices just went straight through me.

Also, i've been re-feeding with a compressed eating window because of all the benefits I've read about. It helps me a ton. I've gone from a 12 hour window to an 8 hour.

Cdsnuts
02-16-2017, 08:21 PM
He shoe wu only as it comes in the rotation.

I do realize different colors in a beard are common, but its crazy how quickly mine has changed.

On another note, I've recently ended my juice feast.

Is it typical for green juice to go in & come out looking the same? Within an hour or two? Lol. I felt like my digestion was in a state where the green juices just went straight through me.

Also, i've been re-feeding with a compressed eating window because of all the benefits I've read about. It helps me a ton. I've gone from a 12 hour window to an 8 hour.

It could be from the juice feast actually. When the body is clean it can express it's DNA more acurately. You're also flooding your system with more minerals, vitamins and phyto -chemicals then any other time in your life. That can have an effect on hair, teeth, nails and bones.

How long did you go? How much juice were you drinking per day?

Yes and no. If I remember correctly, you also have issues with your gut, correct? Regardless, most people will get the roto rooter effect in the beginning because of the extreme cleansing nature of the feast. But when you go long enough, this stops and your body starts to really absorb EVERYTHING, to the point where elimination slows don't to a crawl. You won't be shooting liquid out your backside the whole time. When you're drinking nothing but fluids, there are no solids to eliminate anymore. This is why juice feasts longer then three weeks should be accompanied by enemas every other day.

Was it just the green juices that blasted out the other end or all of them?

The compressed eating window is beneficial.

DrivenToRecover
02-16-2017, 08:36 PM
It could be from the juice feast actually. When the body is clean it can express it's DNA more acurately. You're also flooding your system with more minerals, vitamins and phyto -chemicals then any other time in your life. That can have an effect on hair, teeth, nails and bones.

How long did you go? How much juice were you drinking per day?

Yes and no. If I remember correctly, you also have issues with your gut, correct? Regardless, most people will get the roto rooter effect in the beginning because of the extreme cleansing nature of the feast. But when you go long enough, this stops and your body starts to really absorb EVERYTHING, to the point where elimination slows don't to a crawl. You won't be shooting liquid out your backside the whole time. When you're drinking nothing but fluids, there are no solids to eliminate anymore. This is why juice feasts longer then three weeks should be accompanied by enemas every other day.

Was it just the green juices that blasted out the other end or all of them?

The compressed eating window is beneficial.

At least 4 quarts for two weeks. All of them blasted lol

Usually an hour or two after drinking the juice I'd have to go simultaneous #1 and 2.

Definitely helped my inflammation. Gut and liver pains are much less. Also cut out my cheat food, which was baked chicken. In hindsight that stuff was really tearing me up.

Cdsnuts
02-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Oh it should have absolutely decimated your inflammation to basically nill.
Were you also drinking plenty of water?
How do you feel overall after the feast?
What were your other juices besides the green one?

DrivenToRecover
02-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Oh it should have absolutely decimated your inflammation to basically nill.
Were you also drinking plenty of water?
How do you feel overall after the feast?
What were your other juices besides the green one?

My inflammation is auto-immune in nature though, so its sort of self sustaining lol

Yes plenty of water.

After finishing I feel maybe a little better mentally. My energy is still low from quitting prednisone, but the main goal here was to lower inflammation and that definitely was successful.

You name it I juiced it. Everything except nightshades basically. No special recipes really, just everything mixed together. The celery always seems to overpower the taste of everything else.

Cdsnuts
02-16-2017, 09:07 PM
My inflammation is auto-immune in nature though, so its sort of self sustaining lol

Yes plenty of water.

After finishing I feel maybe a little better mentally. My energy is still low from quitting prednisone, but the main goal here was to lower inflammation and that definitely was successful.

You name it I juiced it. Everything except nightshades basically. No special recipes really, just everything mixed together. The celery always seems to overpower the taste of everything else.
Autoimmune conditions are still aggravated and to the most extent caused by what you're putting into your body over the course of your life. The trick is finding all of the triggers and allergens that are causing the reaction and staying with it long enough so that it ceases.

There have been plenty of documented cases of people stopping their autoimmune conditions dead in its tracks with proper diet and supplementation whether it be rheumatoid arthritis or multiple sclerosis. The only difference in the condition is what part of the body it attacks. Regardless though it's all inflammation.

You have to keep in mind that the body isn't just attacking itself for no reason whatsoever.

There is always a Cause for this reaction.

DrivenToRecover
02-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Absolutely. You are spot on with that.

Also, lately I have really been enjoying my meditation along with a little weed. I find that big doses make me paranoid, but just a little is perfect. The weed equivalent of drinking a glass of wine or two.

Something about the weed, meditation, and breathing helps me escape the emotional haze. If I had to try and explain it.. its like when I'm in that meditative state... I'm able to wrap my head around how differently I feel than before all of this. If that makes sense? I'm feel like I'm able to understand whats normal, and then where I am compared to that.

Feeling this is hard, but holy shit.. its so motivating for me.

Cdsnuts
02-16-2017, 09:31 PM
I know exactly what you mean. The breathing exercises and subsequent meditative states that it causes completely bring you into the present moment... To the Here and Now and not inside your head somewhere.

PFS as we know negatively affects allopregnanolone levels which cause jumping thoughts and an inability to be completely in the present.

The breathing exercises are able to bring you back, if at least only for a couple hours.

I can tell you the more consistent you are with your breathing exercises the better your brain becomes at staying in the present. When you're fully in the present moment there are no negative thoughts or fears or bad feelings.

In this state you can logically and accurately tell where your deficits are without getting too emotional about it.

It is a very powerful and beneficial technique as you are finding.

The more you do it the better the results become. You can't go wrong with super oxygenating your system and creating a more alkaline environment for your system... It can do nothing but help.

DrivenToRecover
02-16-2017, 09:41 PM
I know exactly what you mean. The breathing exercises and subsequent meditative states that it causes completely bring you into the present moment... To the Here and Now and not inside your head somewhere.

PFS as we know negatively affects allopregnanolone levels which cause jumping thoughts and an inability to be completely in the present.

The breathing exercises are able to bring you back, if at least only for a couple hours.

I can tell you the more consistent you are with your breathing exercises the better your brain becomes at staying in the present. When you're fully in the present moment there are no negative thoughts or fears or bad feelings.

In this state you can logically and accurately tell where your deficits are without getting too emotional about it.

It is a very powerful and beneficial technique as you are finding.

For sure.

Its a type of ego death similar to what can happen during a psychedelic experience. Not sure if you've ever dabbled with that type of thing, but I honestly feel that some of those experiences have helped me deal with this.

Also, definitely make sure to include in the breathing section on your website the info you pm'd me a while back. That was great stuff.

Cdsnuts
02-17-2017, 06:23 AM
For sure.

Its a type of ego death similar to what can happen during a psychedelic experience. Not sure if you've ever dabbled with that type of thing, but I honestly feel that some of those experiences have helped me deal with this.

Also, definitely make sure to include in the breathing section on your website the info you pm'd me a while back. That was great stuff.

Thanks.

Funny you bring this up. There is talk in certain circles about the lungs having the capacity to produce DMT. This is one theory about why breathing exercises can be so cathartic. Google around and see what you think.....

Here is a discussion about it :A way to naturally increase endogenous DMT? - DMT Discussion - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus
(https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=17493)

I'm sure you could find more scientific sources.

Cdsnuts
02-17-2017, 09:53 PM
The Surprising Reason Men Have Red Beards (https://www.littlethings.com/red-beard-reasons?utm_source=sdump&utm_medium=Facebook)

DrivenToRecover
03-02-2017, 10:12 PM
A week on r-andro and I have been killing it in the gym. Not sure if its just placebo just one week in, but I definitely feel way more aggressive and I'm actually looking foreword to working out every day. Vascularity has shown noticeable improvement as well.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/a-list-of-androgens-that-stimulate-5-ar-activity.14836/

Also, I saw this thread the other day, and it definitely supports why the andro is so helpful for our situation.

DrivenToRecover
03-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Another thing I was reading that Haidut posted about Taurine got me very excited:

"Yes, taurine specifically enhances activity of 3b-HSD and 17a-HSD, which are crucial for synthesis of all steroids downstream of pregnenolone. These enzymes are downregulated by hypothyrodism, and aging among other causes."

Link: https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/taurine-more-effective-than-finasteride-for-hair-loss.8284/

"Thanks. I would also add that androsterone also converts into androstanedione (as I mentioned) through 3a-HSD, and then 17b-HSD converts androstanedione to DHT."

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/a-list-of-androgens-that-stimulate-5-ar-activity.14836/page-2#post-203942

Had this been talked about here on the board!? By this it seems like taurine is something that everyone should be taking ESPECIALLY while running a cycle.

Cdsnuts
03-02-2017, 10:43 PM
A week on r-andro and I have been killing it in the gym. Not sure if its just placebo just one week in, but I definitely feel way more aggressive and I'm actually looking foreword to working out every day. Vascularity has shown noticeable improvement as well.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/a-list-of-androgens-that-stimulate-5-ar-activity.14836/

Also, I saw this thread the other day, and it definitely supports why the andro is so helpful for our situation.

That's exactly why it is a suggested piece of the recovery protocol. Glad to hear you're having a good run. It's definitely NOT placebo. Have you noticed any other benefits? Sexually? Mentally?

DrivenToRecover
03-02-2017, 10:55 PM
That's exactly why it is a suggested piece of the recovery protocol. Glad to hear you're having a good run. It's definitely NOT placebo. Have you noticed any other benefits? Sexually? Mentally?

Mentally I would say I definitely have a better overall sense of well-being, and my memory feels slightly sharper.

Sexually I feel about the same, but I've functioned sexually better than most I think. I have a weird thing going where I struggle to do no-fap for any longer than a few weeks...The urges get annoyingly strong after around a week, but at the same time I don't think I could perform with an actual woman. Its strange that both of these things can be true together.

DrivenToRecover
03-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Workouts are starting to get a bit stale with the same exercises tbh. And I'm not the most creative on structuring different stuff.

Does anyone have a good source online for someone that posts like different daily workouts, or something similar?

Master Mal
03-28-2017, 08:27 PM
Have you ever done the Shortcut to Size or Shortcut to Shred?

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shortcut-to-size-training.html

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred.html

Cdsnuts
03-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Workouts are starting to get a bit stale with the same exercises tbh. And I'm not the most creative on structuring different stuff.

Does anyone have a good source online for someone that posts like different daily workouts, or something similar?

How's the cycle coming?

DrivenToRecover
03-29-2017, 04:20 PM
How's the cycle coming?

Very well...my liver is doing just fine with the andro. Very happy for that.

Strength gains, mental gains, sexual gains are all there. Nothing dramatic, but flashes of my old self...from older patterns of thought to being more witty around girls.

Hair loss definitely increased on cycle sadly...despite everything I'm still a vain mofo lol and unlike you I'm very pale & skinny so bald won't look great.

Still very worth the benefits, and I'm pretty happy 5 weeks into cycling.

Energy levels are something that haven't increased noticeably, so I'm a bit worried how i will feel right when i go off.

DrivenToRecover
04-03-2017, 04:40 PM
I'm at the end of my cycle & its definitely appreciate for the change in mentality

I'm thinking of shaving my head and maybe doing something like join a MMA gym or something similar to sort of force myself to hyper masculinize.

Is this a thing that others have done?

It makes a lot of sense to me.

K8668B
04-03-2017, 06:44 PM
If your workouts are getting stale/boring, try new exercises. For triceps, If you're used to doing skull crushers, dumbell tricep extensions, and tricep rope pushdowns, switch it up and try to do some dips, or tricep rope pushes over the head, or my favorite, which is to use two benches, one of them you put your feet on, and the other you put your hands on, and have a person put a 45lb plate on your lap and do sets of dips in that position.

Or for chest, if youre used to flat bench, incline bench, and dumbell flyes, then try adding in some dumbell pullovers, dumbell bench, dumbell incline, close grip DUMBELL presses.

Theres so many different things you can do. And your main thing in the gym should be to either get more weight, or more reps than you did in your previous session. breaking records from your previous session is what gives each workout meaning.

I can't wait to get on super r andro myself as well.

I think joining an MMA gym is a great idea too! I was thinking about that myself. I've been an MMA fan for a long time, and its actually something ive been wanting to do for about 8 years now.

DrivenToRecover
06-19-2017, 01:39 AM
3 things to update on.

1) The ground water here in the summer has warmed up, and I miss my freezing showers lol they're just lukewarm now :(

2) Despite not being recovered, I realized that in some ways I'm a happier person than when I was before pfs.
Hitting so many areas of your body's physical and mental needs is an incredibly powerful thing. Still can't wait to feel it when I'm recovered.

3) I've realized I find huge symptom relief with mega doses of gelatin powder. Like a cup or more at a time. I particularly feel emotions return very strongly, and its beautiful. Those moments of feeling normal really do a lot to re-up your motivation to kick this things ass.

I love you all, and keep fighting.

DrivenToRecover
08-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Just a quick update. Things are getting better for me no doubt, but its been a slow creep with all my non pfs related health stuff, so I've made some further changes.

I moved to an area in florida that gets year round strong sunlight, is right next to the beach, and is very rural. My roomate is also a doctor, and a really solid guy that I connected with online. We are both 100% passionate about staying up to date with the latest findings in health and medecine.

I've finally found my optimal enviroment to recover in. Moving into this place yesterday on my 26th birthday was fucking incredible for my headspace. Emotions I haven't felt in a while.

My personal case has been pretty damn complicated, and I'm very hopeful that some of the stuff I am doing now wil be able to speed up the recovery for some of you more normal pfs folks...and help others like me.

I plan to make youtube videos in the future to teach some of what I've started doing.

Maxout777
08-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Happy for you man, you deserve it. You've had to bounce back from a ton of BS that's happened to you, have the additional auto immune issues, and still push forward. Excellent example for any new members or members in general to follow.

Cdsnuts
08-17-2018, 10:48 PM
Happy for you man, you deserve it. You've had to bounce back from a ton of BS that's happened to you, have the additional auto immune issues, and still push forward. Excellent example for any new members or members in general to follow.

I second this. You've made tremendous strides. It's just going to keep getting better. The fact that you want to give back is also very commendable. Congrats brother!

DrivenToRecover
08-20-2018, 06:29 AM
Thanks guys. Much love

DrivenToRecover
09-22-2018, 09:17 AM
High dose Thiamine (Vit B1) plus iodine has made me feel incredible since 30 minutes after I took it yesterday.

I'm trying a loading protocol of 600mg for 3 days, then lowering dosage from there.

I know a lot of guys have had success, and even recovered I belive from acetazolamide or thiamine. Both of them being carbonic anhydrase inhibitors.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/thiamine-is-a-carbonic-anhydrase-inhibitor-as-effective-as-acetazolamide.6833/

Definitely would recommend trying this out to anyone. Both these sups are very cheap as well.

basementdweller
09-22-2018, 09:47 AM
High dose Thiamine (Vit B1) plus iodine has made me feel incredible since 30 minutes after I took it yesterday.

I'm trying a loading protocol of 600mg for 3 days, then lowering dosage from there.

I know a lot of guys have had success, and even recovered I belive from acetazolamide or thiamine. Both of them being carbonic anhydrase inhibitors.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/thiamine-is-a-carbonic-anhydrase-inhibitor-as-effective-as-acetazolamide.6833/

Definitely would recommend trying this out to anyone. Both these sups are very cheap as well.

what benefits are you seeing?

DrivenToRecover
09-22-2018, 10:50 AM
what benefits are you seeing?

More energy overall.

Feeling much closer to normal mental functioning.

Strange becasue I don't eat a lack of B1 containing foods, but under stress it seems people can really benefit from big doses. Esp folks with metabolism/thyroid issues.

Ray Peat on B1 deficiency, Thiamine doses, fatigue, depression, memory. - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsUJDRvOw0)

Cdsnuts
10-02-2018, 12:01 PM
More energy overall.

Feeling much closer to normal mental functioning.

Strange becasue I don't eat a lack of B1 containing foods, but under stress it seems people can really benefit from big doses. Esp folks with metabolism/thyroid issues.

Ray Peat on B1 deficiency, Thiamine doses, fatigue, depression, memory. - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsUJDRvOw0)

I always noticed similar results when I would take Iodoral, until I balanced out.

Have things evened out on this yet?

I haven't been on here in awhile....how are the cold baths coming?

DrivenToRecover
10-02-2018, 02:27 PM
I always noticed similar results when I would take Iodoral, until I balanced out.

Have things evened out on this yet?

I haven't been on here in awhile....how are the cold baths coming?

It has evened out a bit. Still feeling great though.

The cold baths are a game changer for sure. I've transitioned to working from home, and I have my computer setup outside working all day right now...I've even rigged up a way where I am getting work done on my computer while my torso is in the cold tub.

And its practical! I was in 30 degree water for probably two hours total yesterday while getting work done.

I'm filling it with sea water, so I'm getting the trace minerals in my soak, and also able to cool it to below 32 degrees without freezing.

Cdsnuts
10-02-2018, 03:26 PM
It has evened out a bit. Still feeling great though.

The cold baths are a game changer for sure. I've transitioned to working from home, and I have my computer setup outside working all day right now...I've even rigged up a way where I am getting work done on my computer while my torso is the cold tub.

And its practical! I was in 30 degree water for probably two hours total yesterday while getting work done.

I'm filling it with sea water, so I'm getting the trace minerals in my soak, and also able to cool it to below 32 degrees without freezing.

That's phenomenal!! You've taken it to the next level, for sure. If this site wasn't so damn glitchy, I would love to see pics of your set up! No biggie if it's too much of a pain in the ass. Uploading pics to this site sucks....

Zerolibido
07-23-2023, 11:13 PM
Gimps

Zerolibido
07-24-2023, 02:35 AM
Visot a.medicslmproefessional