PDA

View Full Version : The physiological causes of "PFS" and the cure

English
10-01-2016, 08:25 PM
What follows is an explanation of the physiological causes of the condition people call “PFS”. It is important for sufferers to be aware of because knowing the causes results in the belief necessary to follow the very simple path to recovery, and it dispels the myth that it is incurable, which is nonsense because I am completely cured myself after being very badly affected for around 2 years.
This is not a theory, it is the actual cause and I should explain why I am so confident of it lest you write it off as just another theory of the hundreds that already exist, most of which are 100% nonsense, some of which have elements of truth:

A- I am one of the few complete recovery stories

B- I figured out what was wrong and then treated each area and recovered as a result, although It took me a while after recovery to reflect and fully understand the mechanisms at play

C- The reason I figured it out where others have failed is because I am literally a problem solving entrepreneur. I am a multi-millionaire businessman as a result. I score highly with psychopathic tendencies and score at genius levels in certain areas of intelligence tests. Together these items mean that I’ve been researching and thinking about the problem much of the time for around 3 years now, and because I must manage my psychopathic tendencies I feel like i need to publish this in order to move on now that I have settled on the cause. I appreciate the last sentences sounds somewhat comical, but that is the way it is. I am not showing off as actually i would prefer to be more normal most of the time.

I am not in the slightest bit interested in whether you agree with me or not, as I say, I need to publish this so I can fully move on, and if it helps you then that is great as that is certainly also a motivation for me too.

I will explain in a way that anyone bar idiots can understand, you are welcome to research the key areas of medicine which will back up what I am explaining in simple terms:

PFS in its fullest form with the full symptom range is a confluence of 3 major malfunctions of the body and mind, they are: Hormonal profile, Mind chemistry, GI tract.

The malfunctions regarding hormonal profile and GI tract are easy to understand and already have correct theories identified, these areas are pretty obvious, but I will briefly cover them before explaining the all important mind malfunction that completes the cause.

Hormonal Profile: As you will already know, taking a 5AR medicine/substance like finasteride or saw palmetto or excess green tea supplements (for example) will fundamentally alter your DHT levels and this on its own will at some point cause sexual, physical and sometimes also psychological issues linked to high estrogen, low testosterone and low DHT (generally). This is obvious and uninteresting but there is a clear myth in the PFS community that DHT levels don’t recover. This is utter nonsense borne out by tens if not hundreds of blood results on post fin websites that clearly show the return of normal DHT levels relative to Testosterone levels in men who have been tested. For example, Finasteride is a suicidal 5AR inhibitor, meaning that once it binds with the enzyme, it stays bound until metabolized by the body with fresh enzymes being generated which over a matter of weeks, and this renews normal 5AR functions.

The cessation of the 5AR inhibitor will result in the return of normal male functions over a matter of weeks if only the following 2 areas are not also affected, which in many men, they are:

GI Tract: The GI tract is greatly affected by androgen levels and this is borne out by many quality studies whereby its efficiency and general health is enhanced the higher the androgen levels, and this is true for most bodily tissues in males. It is not a great problem for short periods of low androgen levels and/or in the event of a tract with a good bacterial balance and lacking in harmful parasites etc. whereby one can be resilient to the affects of a 5AR inhibitor for quite some time, however poor GI health coupled with 5AR will worsen the situation, and the GI tract is the basis of good health, it is where 70% of the bodies immunity comes from and without its proper function, toxins will poison the body and mind and vital vitamins and nutrients will not be absorbed.

Importantly, poor GI health will flood the body with inflammatory cytokines that will create androgen insensitivity by binding with and compromising androgen receptors. This explains why many PFS suffers present with normal androgen levels but exhibit all the symptoms of hypogonadism.

The Mind: This is the interesting part thus far unexplained. The brain has a pleasure and pain centre that is interlinked and the receptors of which are fired by the same neurotransmitters which are produced by the bodies reaction to both pleasurable and painful events, whether that be sexual arousal, your football team scoring, or intense stress, long term stress and worry, grief etc.
Neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and stress hormones such as cortisol, adrenaline and a whole host of others affect the pleasure/pain centre and as with anywhere in the body, overstimulation over time results in the body seeking equilibrium. The end result of this is a dulling of the reception to emotional pleasure and pain. This happens when one is stressed for long periods of time, or even high for long periods of time too, as with drug miss-use.

From a PFS point of view, to a good extent low libido is explained by this, for arousal by definition is the anticipation of pleasure which is greatly impaired by this dulling as a result of long periods of stress. Depression is a condition which is affected by this very issue with sufferers being incapable of being able to anticipate pleasure.

I know that those with PFS, like myself just over a year ago, walk around as if viewing life through a blanket, with reduced perceptions, with emotions dulled to both pleasure and emotional pain.

This condition of the mind as a result of prolonged stress and worry will almost always result in a fundamental change in the chemistry of the brain too, with altered levels of neurotransmitters to add to the changed receptor environment, all of which resulting in the classic brain fog reported by sufferers along with anxiety and depression, also reduced cognitive ability.

Summary:
It is clear to see how the 3 issues combined together create the condition called PFS, but actually, these things happen to many people around the globe sometimes independently of each other and often causing each other over time. The comical thing is that dependent on the extent of the symptoms and/or the frames of reference of the complainant, they are labelled with varying unexplained conditions such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is a favourite, simply “stress”, sometimes ME and a whole host of others that share some or all of the symptoms complained about by those who have labelled themselves as PFS sufferers.

I hope you can see more clearly that the condition – once the drug is removed for long enough– is simply created by continuing fear of male functions not returning. It is completely understandable of course. I was there myself, but a big turning point was when I happened across a forum where I saw hundreds of men suffering from all the classic PFS symptoms who were convinced it was caused by the hair loss foam like regaine. Let’s be clear, that foam is a mild irritant to the skin which causes increased blood concentrations and so hair to regrow. It is not capable of causing the catalogue of health complaints of “PFS” sufferers. By the way, sufferers on the hair foam forum were not taking 5AR medication, hardly any of them anyhow and they were making that fact very clear.

At that point I realised how ridiculous I was being, and immediately I started getting better. It took another 18 months or so to get back to my old self and it took time to build belief. I read nothing but recovery posts of people like CDSNUTS and CHI amongst others to basically shrivel the thick neural bundles formed in my brain that tried to suck me back to their paths of worry and stress. I did and still do maybe another 20 key things as part of a regimen in order to fix my gut, restore a healthy hormonal profile and receptivity to them, and to fix my minds chemistry. I’ve kept most of those things going even though I enjoy great health again because I like doing them and I want to stay strong and fit even when old.
I have already posted at length on the type of things you need to do, but i will simply refer you to CDSNUTS who is a good friend of mine. If you are suffering from what you call PFS, you should visit his website which he has virtually finished now. He has took time to explain fully what you need to do in easy to digest sections, it is all for free and despite my own extensive knowledge in the health and fitness sector, his knowledge is better than mine. Furthermore, I have no wish to hang around in this area as I simply want to leave all of this behind. I have purposely been away from this forum for the last 5 months or so, but knew I should post this, and this will in all likelihood be my last post.

Remember that you do not have some incurable issue, you have what millions of others have but call something different, you have prolonged fear just like them, except for you it is after seeing your rude health decline quickly following your first sexual failure after being an idiot and taking a drug for reasons of vanity.

Do yourself a favour and visit CD’s website when it goes live. He will see this post and pass you the link to it. You will have to be very disciplined for a couple of years to fully recover but it is fun too, especially when you realise your life is not over and that your health is returning. Personally, I am now as fit and strong as I’ve ever been, sexually too – I’m almost 42.

Please note I have no financial affiliation with CDSNUTS whatsoever and his info is free. I refer you to him simply because there is no point reinventing the wheel when actually we both did pretty much the same things to recover. I’ve told you why it all happened to you, now go to him to help fix you.

Snell1234
10-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Top post.

In relation to GI health, what was your approach? I know you didn't do an extended water fast like Cdnuts, but instead followed more of Chi's regime in terms of the cleansing for your gut.

I note in some of your previous posts on the other site that you mention garlic, ginger, glutamine, bone broth, paleo diet, s boulardii as some of the things you did to heal your gut.

Another thing I noted that you said was that your nutritionist put you on a concoction of herbs after your stool test. For curiosity's sake, do you remember what herbs these were?

Is there anything else you did in relation to the gut in addition to what I listed above? Even if it were something minor that you did initially and did not consider it of great importance, do you think you could list it here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well.

English
10-03-2016, 04:30 AM
Top post.

In relation to GI health, what was your approach? I know you didn't do an extended water fast like Cdnuts, but instead followed more of Chi's regime in terms of the cleansing for your gut.

I note in some of your previous posts on the other site that you mention garlic, ginger, glutamine, bone broth, paleo diet, s boulardii as some of the things you did to heal your gut.

Another thing I noted that you said was that your nutritionist put you on a concoction of herbs after your stool test. For curiosity's sake, do you remember what herbs these were?

Is there anything else you did in relation to the gut in addition to what I listed above? Even if it were something minor that you did initially and did not consider it of great importance, do you think you could list it here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well.

Hi Snell, the number one thing to do is simply relax, this is a very slow process as you are lowering very gradually the newly created raised equilibrium of your nervous system, and you can easily raise or lower bodily equilibriums whether physical or mental by prolonged consistent activity of one kind or another. It's easy, but will take a long time as you've got to weaken all those thick neural bundles which make you worry and fixate these are permanent but that's OK, you just need to weaken them by not using them and thinking of normal life things and/or switching off you mind through meditation. Your GI health will dramatically improve just by being happy and relaxed, and appropriate diet and exercise make the whole process way quicker and easier, in fact you will not recover unless you concentrate on all areas at the same time, but without worrying about it or thinking about it excessively when you do.
You don't need to get hung up on exactly what to take, just eat right, exercise right, take sensible supplements to help your way etc.

If you really want an exacting run down of what to do and what to take so you don't need to think too hard, just go to CD's new website. Almost all of the recovery "gurus" in this field recommend something damaging with exception to him. He gives brilliant, consistent advice that is based on nothing much more than all round excellent health, very importantly, including mental health and that is why i believe he is the best there is.

In response to your specific question on what the nutritionist put me on - it was, berberine, black walnut extract, garlic. There is loads of advice regards good GI health out there, but the best thing to do is simply relax, add ginger to your bone broth, add loads of garlic to your food or take odourless garlic if you don't like the taste, once a year do a few weeks on black walnut, berberine, oil of oregano as well. This is good advice for everyone. Also rotate different types of pro-biotics, make your own kefir with goats milk, that kind of thing. If you do that along with good diet and exercise, your GI health will become tip top - Don't take bone broth at night as the glycine can fire your brain and keep you awake!

Hope that helps a bit. I'm a sucker for getting drawn into big long responses when all i want to do is get away, so really, i'm off again now and not coming back! If anyone wants advice, CD is your man, all the best guys, above all remember, there's nothing wrong with you, relax!

Snell1234
10-03-2016, 04:36 AM
Thanks for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it. All very helpful.

CannonBalls
10-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Anyone know CD's website address?

Cdsnuts
10-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Anyone know CD's website address?

While I truly appreciate the kind words from English, the site is still a little premature. I'm going to send any one who's interested the link once it's a bit closer to being finished. Probably within the next month. And when I say finished, I mean just in terms of content....the aesthetics and any bells and whistles will come afterwords.

CannonBalls
10-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Thanks CD. I'm interested! Looking forward to it.

Thank you

Maxout777
10-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Top notch post my man. I highly suggest anyone who is beginning the journey of recovery to start with this post and CDs' post from the other site and you can pretty much map out your recovery protocol from there on. These guys know what they are talking about and have helped me more than I could ever repay them for. I'd be interested to see the site when it launches as well, CD.

Benq123
12-23-2016, 06:15 AM
Any progress on the website yet? please pm me it if possible
thank you

Cdsnuts
12-24-2016, 01:16 PM
While I truly appreciate the kind words from English, the site is still a little premature. I'm going to send any one who's interested the link once it's a bit closer to being finished. Probably within the next month. And when I say finished, I mean just in terms of content....the aesthetics and any bells and whistles will come afterwords.

Just an update:

I'm hoping to have at least the content complete in the next month. I've never realized how much work goes into creating a site such as this and of course it doesn't help the time line that I want the info to be as perfect and as easy to understand as possible. That of course minimizes questions that I will get undoubtedly over and over again.

When complete, it will have everything you guys need in one spot. I've been building this on the side as I have a full time business to run so the progress has been MUCH slower then anticipated.

userpff
12-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Just an update:

I'm hoping to have at least the content complete in the next month. I've never realized how much work goes into creating a site such as this and of course it doesn't help the time line that I want the info to be as perfect and as easy to understand as possible. That of course minimizes questions that I will get undoubtedly over and over again.

When complete, it will have everything you guys need in one spot. I've been building this on the side as I have a full time business to run so the progress has been MUCH slower then anticipated.

We can all be very grateful that you are doing this, so take your time. I got a question that sounds a bit strange, but how much tv did you guys watch, use telephones etc. basically every device with artificial lightning. I think i have read in some of the recovery stories that you did not use electronic devices after a certain time. But did you used them a lot during daytime? Or did you stopped using them completely for a while.

Cdsnuts
12-24-2016, 02:36 PM
We can all be very grateful that you are doing this, so take your time. I got a question that sounds a bit strange, but how much tv did you guys watch, use telephones etc. basically every device with artificial lightning. I think i have read in some of the recovery stories that you did not use electronic devices after a certain time. But did you used them a lot during daytime? Or did you stopped using them completely for a while.

I'm not sure I remember ever saying this? The only reason I could imagine one not using these devices is if you're really trying hardcore to reset your sleep cycles as it's been shown the type of lighting emitted by these devices messes with your circadian rhythm. That being said, there are much better ways to combat sleeplessness and it all comes down to getting into the regimen and properly applying the different parts. I've always found taking certain supplements before bedtime much more effective then avoiding certain light patterns.

t14
12-24-2016, 08:43 PM
sunlight and exercise during the day is the best way to keep your circadian rythm on track, you can just get f.lux on your computers and phones if you're worried about bluelight at night

Cdsnuts
12-31-2016, 05:54 PM
This is the site as of now: Total Male Optimization Just another WordPress site (http://www.TotalMaleOptimization.com)

It's not as close to being as finished as I'd like, but it's up and active for search engine purposes. Right now I'm in the process of transferring already written content into the site. There are links that are broken, it's ugly, there are no pictures or graphics, it needs grammar and spelling checks, there are things that are missing, and like I said, about 40% done. But at least you will have a glimpse of what's to come as the basic skeleton of the site is complete. I'm also open to suggestions on additions to the site if there are somethings you don't see there that you would like to. Once all of the content is in, I already have a professional web designer ready and waiting to make it look nice and pretty with all of the bells and whistles. AND.....just because you see some sections have content, that doesn't mean that those sections are anywhere near complete......The material is going to be VERY in-depth....

I'm self employed and run my business full time, so the last thing I feel like doing after a 12 hour day, the gym, food prep, etc, is sitting down to write unfortunately.

I'm getting it out as fast as I can fellas.

I'm hoping that we can all use swole source for site discussions as I've been talking to Rob about this. We will see. The site is going to be a complete one stop shop for a total manhood overhaul for ALL men, not just PFSer's. It would be nice to have a positive place to discuss everything related to the site material without me having to create my own forum.

I think that is something alot of these self improvement sites lack, is a place where you can actually discuss the material...questions you have, results you're getting, etc. It would be nice to be able to have that be here, at Swole Source.

Atticas
01-01-2017, 09:10 AM
This is the site as of now: Total Male Optimization Just another WordPress site (http://www.TotalMaleOptimization.com)

It's not as close to being as finished as I'd like, but it's up and active for search engine purposes. Right now I'm in the process of transferring already written content into the site. There are links that are broken, it's ugly, there are no pictures or graphics, it needs grammar and spelling checks, there are things that are missing, and like I said, about 40% done. But at least you will have a glimpse of what's to come as the basic skeleton of the site is complete. I'm also open to suggestions on additions to the site if there are somethings you don't see there that you would like to. Once all of the content is in, I already have a professional web designer ready and waiting to make it look nice and pretty with all of the bells and whistles. AND.....just because you see some sections have content, that doesn't mean that those sections are anywhere near complete......The material is going to be VERY in-depth....

I'm self employed and run my business full time, so the last thing I feel like doing after a 12 hour day, the gym, food prep, etc, is sitting down to write unfortunately.

I'm getting it out as fast as I can fellas.

I'm hoping that we can all use swole source for site discussions as I've been talking to Rob about this. We will see. The site is going to be a complete one stop shop for a total manhood overhaul for ALL men, not just PFSer's. It would be nice to have a positive place to discuss everything related to the site material without me having to create my own forum.

I think that is something alot of these self improvement sites lack, is a place where you can actually discuss the material...questions you have, results you're getting, etc. It would be nice to be able to have that be here, at Swole Source.

Just looking the site now, I think it's gonna be great CDN.

Honestly, if you finish adding in the info, post references to studies to back up your claims, I think your site is going to give a LOT of hope to hundreds if not thousands.

Keep working on that, forreal man. If I had found something like that two years ago, I would have been overjoyed with hope. You're gonna help a lotttttt of people.

Cdsnuts
01-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Just looking the site now, I think it's gonna be great CDN.

Honestly, if you finish adding in the info, post references to studies to back up your claims, I think your site is going to give a LOT of hope to hundreds if not thousands.

Keep working on that, forreal man. If I had found something like that two years ago, I would have been overjoyed with hope. You're gonna help a lotttttt of people.

I'll start getting more excited about it when I start adding photos, graphics, etc which isn't going to come until the end.

Thank you for the kind words.

Imagine what "normal" guys will be able to achieve with some discipline....

Cdsnuts
01-02-2017, 06:17 PM
sunlight and exercise during the day is the best way to keep your circadian rythm on track, you can just get f.lux on your computers and phones if you're worried about bluelight at night

A section of the site is going to be dedicated to discussing the effects of sun on your nuts....the effects are....well, pretty damn remarkable. Sun on your skin overall increases Test, but it really gives it a shot when your sack is exposed to the summer sun. Needless to say, you should proceed cautiously with this. Nobody want's a sunburned ball sack.

DrivenToRecover
01-02-2017, 06:37 PM
A section of the site is going to be dedicated to discussing the effects of sun on your nuts....the effects are....well, pretty damn remarkable. Sun on your skin overall increases Test, but it really gives it a shot when your sack is exposed to the summer sun. Needless to say, you should proceed cautiously with this. Nobody want's a sunburned ball sack.

I saw that new tab & was like no way that's what it sounds like...
When I'm in the tanning bed (vitamin D machine) i cover those fellas up lol

Did you see my post from the other day CD? This:

When your site is up and running, I think it would be amazing if the search engine optimization eventually lead people to your site before any others for any sort of propecia/pfs problems. I'm just imagining if the first (and only) thing I read online was "relax, you're gonna be okay. Here's how you fix this."

Cdsnuts
01-02-2017, 07:10 PM
I saw that new tab & was like no way that's what it sounds like...
When I'm in the tanning bed (vitamin D machine) i cover those fellas up lol

Did you see my post from the other day CD? This:

When your site is up and running, I think it would be amazing if the search engine optimization eventually lead people to your site before any others for any sort of propecia/pfs problems. I'm just imagining if the first (and only) thing I read online was "relax, you're gonna be okay. Here's how you fix this."

I believe in time the search engine WILL direct to that site simply because of the conversation on this board. That's another reason I like the discussions here. Alot of posts conerning propecia already come up and direct to this site for this very reason. That's actually why I published the site half finished. MY SEO guys told me to do so despite me not wanting to put it up until it was finished. I yielded to them on this (English) because they know a hell of alot more then I do when it comes to this.

Watch out for doing that in the tanning bed....I was talking more about natural sunlight. I'm sure you would still get a response from the light in the bed, but you're going to have to be very careful.

Cdsnuts
03-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Total Male Optimization Just another WordPress site (http://www.TotalMaleOptimization.com)