PDA

View Full Version : How long before the FDA commissions Monsanto to 'fix' this?

Freepressright
11-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Here's what we all already knew about grapefruit, now in the mainstream news. I'm sure the FDA will quickly ask Monsanto to come up with a genetically modified grapefruit to 'fix' this 'problem.'

Drinking grapefruit juice with some medications can be deadly, study warns - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57554838/drinking-grapefruit-juice-with-some-medications-can-be-deadly-study-warns/)

h2s
11-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Here's what we all already knew about grapefruit, now in the mainstream news. I'm sure the FDA will quickly ask Monsanto to come up with a genetically modified grapefruit to 'fix' this 'problem.'

Including a large grant for research, and full patent rights to the world's grapefruit supply.

Mr_math
11-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Lol. But tons of people will take OTC meds which have deadly consequences. *sigh*

Freepressright
11-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Anyone ever dabbled with grapefruit juice and 'plain carrier' prohormones (non-Andro Series stuff)? Wonder how grapefruit juice affects things like L-arginine and other natural substances.

h2s
11-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Anyone ever dabbled with grapefruit juice and 'plain carrier' prohormones (non-Andro Series stuff)? Wonder how grapefruit juice affects things like L-arginine and other natural substances.

I think L-Arginine is actually present in grapefruit. Don't quote me on that, but I believe it is. I know that doesn't answer your question, but just today's interesting fact.

Mr_math
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM

I think it actually affects a lot of drugs in that sense of increasing potency. But not all, certain drugs that go through certain pathways aren't affected by it. Vague i know, but i was having a convo with my finances sister(internal med dr) about my fiancé taking a bunch of grapefruit with her birth control and she laughed and mentioned that it doesn't work for whatever reason and explained to everyone else what grapefruit juice does.

Freepressright
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I think L-Arginine is actually present in grapefruit. Don't quote me on that, but I believe it is. I know that doesn't answer your question, but just today's interesting fact.

Don't know anything about that, but I do know that L-citrulline comes from fruit - melons, I thought.

nate3993
11-28-2012, 02:31 PM
fuking hate monsanto. pathetic we couldn't pass 37 over here. we label gmo when we ship it to europe, no reason we can't label it in our own dam country.

Rodja
11-28-2012, 04:32 PM
The interaction of grapefruit and P450 has been around for decades and has been included on Rx labels for some time now. In our ADD media, I doubt this will get much steam behind it.

markam
11-29-2012, 05:44 AM

I've tried using grapefruit juice with Furuza, but it was hard to tell the difference. I don't drink fruit juice anyway, and don't really want to be spiking my blood sugar levels numerous times through the day. I have thought about using Naringin which is the substance in grapefruit responsible for amplifying affects of compounds, but I haven't tried this yet. Swanson make a Naringin product, also a Red grapfruit bioflavonoid product that is 25% Naringin. I'd take this with some oils, fish, coconut, etc, but as to how much difference it will make, dunno.

Eden
11-29-2012, 07:15 AM
The things Monsanto does to our food supply should be criminal.