PDA

View Full Version : Delsolrob gets back into the groove - Training log

delsolrob
12-16-2016, 05:48 AM
I've been off for a while dealing with a myriad of personal and family health issues. But, I'm back...and ready to get back in the game!

I'll be updating this log going forward with my training routines and other updates.

LBC-83
12-16-2016, 09:57 AM
It's alive. The forum, its ALIVE!

Cdsnuts
12-16-2016, 04:23 PM
It's alive. The forum, its ALIVE!

We're getting there. I'm glad people have hung on. We're going to get this place hopping again better than before.

LBC-83
12-19-2016, 06:36 AM
Make Swole Source great again.

delsolrob
12-19-2016, 08:08 PM
Sorry, I've been caught up in the holiday seasons festivities over the last few days and haven't had a chance to provide any updates...gym sessions have been limited and much shorter than usual.

hitting back tonight and anticipating a great workout

will provide update tonight

delsolrob
12-20-2016, 03:49 AM
Monday's Training

Mid day (around 2pm) went in for 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical trainer...did random at level 4. Just a little something to get the blood flowing and kick the metabolism up a little....I sit at a desk all day and I'm trying to ensure I get out for some cardio during the day.

Tonights Back Routine (12/19)
BB Rows Super Set with Military Press (I just clean the bar up to do the presses between sets of rows)

Rows: 135x15
OHP: 135x10

Rows: 135x15
OHP: 135x8

Rows: 155x12
OHP: 155x6

Rows: 165x12
OHP: 165x5

Rows: 225x5
OHP: 155x7

Rows: 225x5
OHP: 155x6

Lat Pulldown Machine:
170x15
190x15
290x7
290x6
290x5
290x5
170x9

Deadlifts
185x10
225x8
275x6
315x4
315x4

cable face pulls - didn't really pay attention to the weights, but hit 5 sets of 12

Strong_Guy_
12-20-2016, 07:39 AM
Are you running any goodies with this log?

delsolrob
12-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Are you running any goodies with this log?

I'm currently running invictus, and will be adding in virtus today. I cut most things and just added the invictus back a few weeks ago...I'm been using it to give my immune system a boost after I'd been down for about a month.

A little history about the last few months: In early October, my 12 yo niece started complaining about pain in her leg. As it got exponentially worse over a 24 hour period my sister took her to Urgent Care and they told her it was likely osgood-schlatters disease (essentially, extreme growing pains). They sent her home and advised RICE and some Advil. Next day she's screaming in pain (this is a tough one, she doesn't normally complain about stuff...she's a little athlete and gets banged up often), they took her to the ER, and while she's there, her temperature spiked to over 104 F...sparked a bit more interest from the doctors. Her blood tests positive for MRSA (20-50% mortality rate) and they do a scan of her leg and found osteonecrosis. Now they believe she has bone cancer AND MRSA.

Turns out it was not bone cancer, but the MRSA had infected her Tibia, and it had begun destroying it. This was over a month long battle...the MRSA continued to spread and attacked her lungs and eventually the valves of her heart. They were able to get it under control in the end, but she had to have a couple surgeries to flush out the abscesses. One of these included drilling three wholes in her Tibia and flushing the infection out of the bone (this was probably the roughest part for her). This was a scary month, there were a couple times she was given less than a 20% chance of making it.

Because of her age, we had to have an adult with her 24/7 to approve any emergency treatment...so we did around the clock rotations. GF and I did 3 days in San Diego, and 4 Days in Phoenix each week to help out the best we could (driving back and forth 6 hours each way too)

After a month, everyone was pretty beat! She was finally released for 2 months of home care, but limited to mostly bed rest and is still going through 6 hours of daily treatments, plus doctor visits/tests, and PT for her leg. She's just now able to walk on her own, but the Tibia is so fragile that the slightest bump could break it.

I returned to San Diego, just in time for my birthday..some friends threw a huge 3 day party at a mansion they rented over the bay, and we partied for 3 days. Guess all that took a little too much toll on my body, I ended up with the Flu. Then I ended up with Pneumonia, then (Grrrrr) Shingles, then Shingles and the Flu (again). The lymph node in my groin stuck out so much, I thought I'd gotten a hernia...was early on, and that was part of the reason I went to Urgent Care. At that point, I thought the shingles were a heat rash.

It's been nearly a month since the shingles hit, I took the anti viral medication to keep it from spreading, but the nerve pain is still not so fun. I've been told it can take a while to go away, and I've been told that it may not go away. Hoping for the best, but it still burns/itches and sometimes it feels like someone sticking me with a bunch of needles. Matt from Evomuse also recommended Nerve Restore, I've been taking that to see about improving the pain from the shingles.

So, I've basically been down the majority of the last two months and just trying to get back into the swing of things. Diet has been OK (not the best), training has been hit and miss. But, my bf% is likely the highest it's been in years, and I think that's my first priority...need to recomp a bit. Although, I would really like to get my strength back up...

Sorry for the long read, but this why I've been MIA from the forums the last few months.

Cdsnuts
12-20-2016, 04:51 PM
I'm glad to hear you're niece turned out okay Rob... and you too!

We were all wondering why you fell off the face of the Earth...

Honestly I thought swole Source was finally going to collapse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Strong_Guy_
12-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Wow, that's a lot to deal with. Glad to hear it's on the up-swing for you. We are resilient beings, I had my own health catastrophe a few years ago with a diagnosis simultaneously of ulcerative colitis and spondylitis on my spine. I have bounced back and am I better shape now than I have ever been, hang in there.

Side note, I'm couple months in on an invictus/ep1c unleashed run myself and am very pleased. Works very well for a semi-natty stack, I've managed to get leaner yet fuller muscles. Invictus and epicatechin are both good stuff, real physique changers.

Cdsnuts
12-20-2016, 07:10 PM
What do you guys notice with the Invictus?

delsolrob
12-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Wow, that's a lot to deal with. Glad to hear it's on the up-swing for you. We are resilient beings, I had my own health catastrophe a few years ago with a diagnosis simultaneously of ulcerative colitis and spondylitis on my spine. I have bounced back and am I better shape now than I have ever been, hang in there.

Side note, I'm couple months in on an invictus/ep1c unleashed run myself and am very pleased. Works very well for a semi-natty stack, I've managed to get leaner yet fuller muscles. Invictus and epicatechin are both good stuff, real physique changers.

You're totally right, it's amazing what resilient beings we are!!

nice, I have some good deals on bulk epicatechin too. The alpha powders site is currently down while we're rebuilding it. but, we have boatloads of epicatechin in bulk form...I'm gonna start adding it into my pre and post workout shakes.

What do you guys notice with the Invictus?

here's a link to some reviews on supplement reviews:
Iron Legion Invictus Reviews - SupplementReviews.com (https://supplementreviews.com/iron-legion/invictus)

Invictus (http://iron-legion.com/product/invictus/) has been amazing! The feedback I've received from people is astonishing...from correcting blood sugar for pre-diabetics, to helping kill off stubborn body fat, fixing cholesterol, reducing inflammation, improved immune response, etc...I was amazed how many people told me it was the best libido boost they'd ever had! When we released it, the wave of feedback was amazing...and in many applications we hadn't considered.

Basically, it eliminates the negative impacts of stress/cortisol on the body. the active ingredient is b-androstenetriol...ton's of research out there on this compound!

Strong_Guy_
12-20-2016, 10:26 PM
I agree, Invictus has given me subtle yet very positive effects. Coupled with my intermittent fasting protocol I've been following for a while, I have much better definition around my midsection. And the libido increase is true, that is something I really didn't expect but there's no denying it's there. I thought maybe it was just coincidence but I'm seeing more and more that others are reporting the same.

Cdsnuts
12-20-2016, 10:28 PM
How are you guys dosing it?

Strong_Guy_
12-20-2016, 10:36 PM
I do the standard .5 ml morning, and .5 ml evening. Morning application is oblique area and lower back, evening is upper stomach and traps.

Cdsnuts
12-20-2016, 10:40 PM
I do the standard .5 ml morning, and .5 ml evening. Morning application is oblique area and lower back, evening is upper stomach and traps.
Is there any particular reason you change application sites?

Cdsnuts
12-20-2016, 10:41 PM
I agree, Invictus has given me subtle yet very positive effects. Coupled with my intermittent fasting protocol I've been following for a while, I have much better definition around my midsection. And the libido increase is true, that is something I really didn't expect but there's no denying it's there. I thought maybe it was just coincidence but I'm seeing more and more that others are reporting the same.
Well I imagine with lowered cortisol comes lowered stress and with lowered stress automatically comes an increase in libido.

delsolrob
12-21-2016, 03:22 AM
Tuesday Training

Mid day went in for 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical trainer...did random at level 4.

Tonights Chest Routine (12/20)
Started out tonight with DB incline presses at 30 degrees
35x25
40x20
45x20
45x20
125x6
125x6
125x5
125x5
125x5
90x10

BB Bench
135x20
225x9
225x8
225x8
225x9
225x8

Free motion Seated isolateral cable press
90x12
110x12
130x10
140x8

wrapped up with 15 minutes of cardio and called it a night.

this was a slightly short workout...but, my triceps are sure tight and cramping tonight.

similar note, my upper back is a lot more sore than I'm accustomed to, biceps were also really cramping a lot last night/this morning

Strong_Guy_
12-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Is there any particular reason you change application sites?

I rotate to avoid any skin irritation. I will say salvo seems to be the most potent topical carrier of any I've tried. Also, I work in law enforcement and due to wearing a ballistic vest during the day I have to rotate sites or I can get some skin irritation from the salvo, the vest and under armour shirt I wear under it can really create a seal with little air flow and can potentially burn the skin.

Cdsnuts
12-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Tuesday Training

Mid day went in for 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical trainer...did random at level 4.

Tonights Chest Routine (12/20)
Started out tonight with DB incline presses at 30 degrees
35x25
40x20
45x20
45x20
125x6
125x6
125x5
125x5
125x5
90x10

BB Bench
135x20
225x9
225x8
225x8
225x9
225x8

Free motion Seated isolateral cable press
90x12
110x12
130x10
140x8

wrapped up with 15 minutes of cardio and called it a night.

this was a slightly short workout...but, my triceps are sure tight and cramping tonight.

similar note, my upper back is a lot more sore than I'm accustomed to, biceps were also really cramping a lot last night/this morning

How long do you guys rest between sets? Or does it depend on the type of weight you're moving around?

I usually rest anywhere from a minute up to two minutes depending on weight.

delsolrob
12-23-2016, 03:52 AM
On heavy sets, I usually wait 3-4 minutes.

I skipped the gym today, we drove from San Diego to Phoenix to spend the holiday with the rest of the family. Will be making up for it tomorrow ;)

delsolrob
12-27-2016, 12:08 AM
quick update:

Saturday - got the the gym at 1:15pm and realized I only had 45 minutes to warmup and workout. Was a very quick leg day...mostly volume.

Squats
135x7
135x9
135x12
135x12
185x10
185x10

traveling lunges across the gym and back x 3

for such a brief workout, glutes were still a little sore.

delsolrob
12-27-2016, 12:14 AM
Tonights back workout

BB Rows:
135x15
135x15
135x12
185x 8
185x8
225x5
225x4

Between sets of rows did overhead presses.
135x8
135x8
135x6
135x5
135x5
135x4
135x5

went to machine and worked on high rows...was a hammer strength machine (this is isolateral - weights are listed per side)
80x12
80x10
90x8
90x7
80x6
70x9

cable rope face pulls: misc weight for 4 sets

wrapped up with 15 minutes of cool down on the elliptical trainer - had to run to have dinner with the folks...visiting them for the holidays. I miss my gym already. But, I will say, there are more ladies at the LA Fitness in Phx than there are at mine in San Diego (it's near a tech center and is mostly filled with engineers)

delsolrob
12-29-2016, 01:28 AM
been pretty hard to make time to hit the gym much since I'm visiting my family for the holidays...kinda makes me grumpy when I don't get to workout as I would like.

But, Tuesday night I hit a quick chest session...and I mean quick!

BB bench
135x15
135x25 (I like to do some light weight volume)
135x25
learned that my body is mad at me...got a really terrible chest cramp that I spent like 5 minutes stretching out.
225x3 (chest cramp popped back up and I had to bail)
135x15
155x12
185x12
225x8
225x8
225x6
225x5

done...surprisingly my chest was pretty sore today.

Tonight, was a joke...only had 40 minutes to workout before having dinner with the family.

with such limited time, I mostly stuck to cardio, but I did a quick 15 minute shoulder routine
arnolds:
35x15
40x15
40x15
65x8 (normally pretty easy for me...these were challenging. realizing I'm not anywhere near my routine of hydration and diet/etc)
65x8
75x4
55x10

wrapped up with 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical...hills, level 4

we were supposed to leave for San Diego tonight, but my parents freezer broke. I went and got them a new one today, picked it up and delivered it. with all the stuff they had in their current one, we couldn't wait for delivery. Will be getting up early tomorrow to hit the road home.