PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Protocol

rmoore
01-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Hey Guys

This is my third week on my juice feast and might do four weeks. Would it be fine to add some hemp protein in one or two juices for this week and next week if I do it? It is really not bad just the prep work. I just have dry hands. What is the best way to break the feast? I hear some replace two juices with two green smoothies for the first day or two then day three and four smoothies and eat the fruit and greens. What are anyone's thoughts on breaking the fast to transition to a paleo diet.

Cdsnuts
01-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Hey Guys

This is my third week on my juice feast and might do four weeks. Would it be fine to add some hemp protein in one or two juices for this week and next week if I do it? It is really not bad just the prep work. I just have dry hands. What is the best way to break the feast? I hear some replace two juices with two green smoothies for the first day or two then day three and four smoothies and eat the fruit and greens. What are anyone's thoughts on breaking the fast to transition to a paleo diet.

From juice, you want to go to raw food for a few days. Then add in steamed veggies for the next couple days. After about a week, you can add in other foods SLOWLY and in SMALL amounts.

rmoore
01-09-2017, 11:50 AM
From juice, you want to go to raw food for a few days. Then add in steamed veggies for the next couple days. After about a week, you can add in other foods SLOWLY and in SMALL amounts.

Raw food meaning just uncooked fruits and veggies for a few days? Also can I use protein powder like hemp for protein and my green powder with chlorella and spirulina and barley? or you recommend another type of protein powder if any. Thanks

Cdsnuts
01-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Yes, uncooked fruits and veggies. Save the protein powders out for a week. Sun Chlorella is fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

rmoore
01-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Thanks. Sun Chlorella that is the granules 20 day pack right? and that's what you use?

Cdsnuts
01-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks. Sun Chlorella that is the granules 20 day pack right? and that's what you use?

That's fine.

rmoore
01-09-2017, 03:47 PM
CD, you are really a big help. Thanks. Two things. What other place you get the herbs from that Last Empire doesn't have like Tribulus, guduchi, royal jelly, suma root, Butea, catauba. Also when I get to my diet this is what I'm thinking. Is this fine any recommendations:

At every meal I pick one from each macronutrients:

Protein: grilled chicken, salmon, lean beef, steak, eggs, do you recommend a protein powder?
Carbs: sweet potatoes, brown rice, fruits, veggies
Fats: coconut oil, flax oil

acne1776
01-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Hey rmoore you may want to switch from brown rice to white rice. Brown rice contains bran which inhibits 5 alpha reductase. White rice doesn't have any. Quinoa is a solid choice for a carb too.

Link to an abstract of the study on bran's effect on 5AR:

5α-Reductase type 1 inhibition of Oryza sativa bran extract prepared by supercritical carbon dioxide fluid (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0896844611002762)