PDA

View Full Version : Juice feast part of protocol

rmoore
01-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Hey All

I'm starting to break the fast after 20 days. The last two days when drinking the juices my stomach gets upset pretty bad. If I dilute them with water I'm fine. This didn't happen the last 18 days though.

rmoore
01-13-2017, 11:50 AM
It is the lemon that is upsetting my stomach. I had one whole lemon in all 6 of my juices everyday and One half lemon in hot water in the morning.

Cdsnuts
01-13-2017, 11:52 AM
How much juice were you drinking per day and how do you currently feel?

rmoore
01-13-2017, 05:10 PM
I was drinking 6 juices a day 20 ounces each (lemon, celery, cucumbers, green apple, ginger, romaine, parsley mainly for all juices). I stayed away from kale and spinach because of thyroid. I thought it was the lemon but I have been eating the same ingredients mentioned in salad form and some carrots and one banana. The last three days my stomach aches and when I eat or juice it is worse and not been hungry the last three days. I think of food and want to throw up. Any ideas. Is it just detox?

rmoore
01-13-2017, 05:23 PM
My energy is alright. The first week was great. Now it is ok. Head is clear. The stomach ache thing after eating or drinking happened before a few times during my pfs crash. Feels like the same thing.

Cdsnuts
01-13-2017, 05:25 PM
I was drinking 6 juices a day 20 ounces each (lemon, celery, cucumbers, green apple, ginger, romaine, parsley mainly for all juices). I stayed away from kale and spinach because of thyroid. I thought it was the lemon but I have been eating the same ingredients mentioned in salad form and some carrots and one banana. The last three days my stomach aches and when I eat or juice it is worse and not been hungry the last three days. I think of food and want to throw up. Any ideas. Is it just detox?

You were supposed to be drinking 4-6 quarts as the directions stated. Where did you get the 20 oz figure from? You're also supposed to drink different juices so that you get a spectrum of nutrients as again, the directions stated.

Most likely detox. Or you could be getting too much of a certain thing and not enough of others. You need to switch up the juices though and things like this wont usually happen.

The devil for all of these things are in the details. There is a reason why it is laid out a certain way.

Also, how much water were you drinking daily?

rmoore
01-13-2017, 05:34 PM
My bad. I was trying to get to a gallon of juice. I was trying to use pro thyroid veggies. I know better for next time.

rmoore
01-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Still have pain in upper stomach. It comes and goes. Think it might be gallstones.

Cdsnuts
01-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Still have pain in upper stomach. It comes and goes. Think it might be gallstones.

Could be, but if you've done some research on juice feasting you would see that it is used to remedy a myriad of health conditions. If you have them, they could be breaking up and dissolving. It's very unlikely the juice feast is making anything worse. Most times symptoms of detox are mistaken for something more sinister.

Of course, I'm not a doctor, and if you like you could always go and get checked for them, but what I've seen over the years is that people who ride out the bumbs come out the other end feeling better then they ever have.

Seeing as you shouldn't be consuming any fat during the feast, the galls stones, if you have them, should be getting consumed back into your system.

rmoore
01-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the info. It makes since. I've been eating raw fruit and veggies and yesterday I had a few bits of plain grilled chicken with my salad for lunch only and today also. My stomach isn't hurting today. Every now and it lets me know it is there still not really pain. Maybe when I start to eat more things it will go away. Since I'm still in the process of a detox I will go a liver and gallbladder flush to see if I have gallstones and liver stones. Energy still not there. I'm drinking organic apple juice and apples today to soften the stones if I have them and will do the same tomorrow til 2:00 PM and fast (I guess I can have water only). At 9:00 PM I will take 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of olive oil and then do straight to bed on my right side in fetal position for 20 minutes then sleep normal and when I wake up I will have an apple and within 4 hours when I do to the bathroom to use it I will see the stones if I have them. Some have 200 or so they pass.

Cdsnuts
02-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the info. It makes since. I've been eating raw fruit and veggies and yesterday I had a few bits of plain grilled chicken with my salad for lunch only and today also. My stomach isn't hurting today. Every now and it lets me know it is there still not really pain. Maybe when I start to eat more things it will go away. Since I'm still in the process of a detox I will go a liver and gallbladder flush to see if I have gallstones and liver stones. Energy still not there. I'm drinking organic apple juice and apples today to soften the stones if I have them and will do the same tomorrow til 2:00 PM and fast (I guess I can have water only). At 9:00 PM I will take 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of olive oil and then do straight to bed on my right side in fetal position for 20 minutes then sleep normal and when I wake up I will have an apple and within 4 hours when I do to the bathroom to use it I will see the stones if I have them. Some have 200 or so they pass.

How do you feel?

rmoore
02-10-2017, 10:15 AM
I've been feeling OK. Just trying to get my thyroid in check. Hypo symptoms. Low temp 96.9 in the morning. I just started the herb cycle this week and been eating a Ray peat diet to boost my thyroid.

Breakfast:

3 eggs with 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
12 oz OJ, 1/8 tsp salt, 2 tbsp collagen
Balanced Coffee ( 4 oz coffee, 4 oz milk, 1 tbsp honey or sugar, 1 tbsp collagen)
70 mg preg

Herb of the day about 30 minutes after with water

Snack 1:

1 cup apple sauce
1 cup cottage cheese

Lunch:
6 oz meat
1 1/2 cups potatoes (or I usually pick the veg dish that is on the plan)
8 oz salted OJ with 2 tbsp collagen (always collagen with meat as it helps with digestion as per Ray Peat)

Snack 2:
Always my carrot salad ( 2 med. shredded carrots, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp coconut oil, salt) helps absorb estrogen
1 cup grapes
balanced coffee with my 2nd serving of herb --take this as my pre-workout

Salted OJ with collagen during workout

Snack:
fruit milk shake

Dinner:
same as lunch

Snack:
whatever is on the plan like haagen-Daz vanilla ice cream, OJ with collagen, milk and sugar etc...

2600 calories
50% carbs
25% protein
25% fats

Cdsnuts
02-10-2017, 10:57 AM
I've been feeling OK. Just trying to get my thyroid in check. Hypo symptoms. Low temp 96.9 in the morning. I just started the herb cycle this week and been eating a Ray peat diet to boost my thyroid.

Breakfast:

3 eggs with 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
12 oz OJ, 1/8 tsp salt, 2 tbsp collagen
Balanced Coffee ( 4 oz coffee, 4 oz milk, 1 tbsp honey or sugar, 1 tbsp collagen)
70 mg preg

Herb of the day about 30 minutes after with water

Snack 1:

1 cup apple sauce
1 cup cottage cheese

Lunch:
6 oz meat
1 1/2 cups potatoes (or I usually pick the veg dish that is on the plan)
8 oz salted OJ with 2 tbsp collagen (always collagen with meat as it helps with digestion as per Ray Peat)

Snack 2:
Always my carrot salad ( 2 med. shredded carrots, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp coconut oil, salt) helps absorb estrogen
1 cup grapes
balanced coffee with my 2nd serving of herb --take this as my pre-workout

Salted OJ with collagen during workout

Snack:
fruit milk shake

Dinner:
same as lunch

Snack:
whatever is on the plan like haagen-Daz vanilla ice cream, OJ with collagen, milk and sugar etc...

2600 calories
50% carbs
25% protein
25% fats

Herbs should be taken on an empty stomach followed by caffeine. Not after a large meal.

rmoore
02-10-2017, 11:06 AM
OK. Will take them first thing after waking up. Thanks.

road to recover
02-22-2017, 09:21 AM
I'm three days into a juice feast. Are you allowed to drink coffee during one? Normally I just have the one in the morning but have only done it once so far.

Also, I ate a beatroot a couple of times and a banana. Is it strictly no solids?

Cdsnuts
02-22-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm three days into a juice feast. Are you allowed to drink coffee during one? Normally I just have the one in the morning but have only done it once so far.

Also, I ate a beatroot a couple of times and a banana. Is it strictly no solids?

Following specific directions is very important if you want the proper outcome. Please go back and read the juice feasting section of the site.

It is called a juice feast for a reason. You take in nothing BUT juice and water. That's it.

The whole point is to free up digestive energy so that your body can use it for cleansing. Even though raw fruits and vegetables are very low impact on the digestive system, you still want to completely blunt the digestion process by not taking in solids.....at all.

Coffee is viewed as another substance the body has to eliminate so taking it in during a feast is counter productive. Not to mention it artificially ramps up your metabolism which is the exact opposite of what you want to do during this time.

JUST JUICE AND WATER

It's only for a week, although two would be better.

rmoore
02-22-2017, 02:56 PM
For the herbs that say like 1/4 or 1/2 tsp per day do you only take them in the morning or also in the afternoon like before workouts

Cdsnuts
02-22-2017, 03:24 PM
For the herbs that say like 1/4 or 1/2 tsp per day do you only take them in the morning or also in the afternoon like before workouts
I dose the herbs twice a day... The first dose is in the morning on an empty stomach followed by caffeine if you can tolerate it. The second dose is sometime in the afternoon. If you want to time it before your workout in the afternoon that is fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

road to recover
03-01-2017, 03:04 PM
I take it it's fine to have soups using the natural ingredients juiced during the feast?

Cdsnuts
03-01-2017, 03:09 PM
I take it it's fine to have soups using the natural ingredients juiced during the feast?
No.

It's a juice Feast. Juice and only juice and of course water.

That's it

road to recover
03-01-2017, 04:01 PM
No.

It's a juice Feast. Juice and only juice and of course water.

That's it

I'm maybe not explaining myself very well (thanks, PFS)

I mean if you juice say a few tomatoes and carrots, and then heat the juice up as a soup, rather than having it cold, surely that's ok?

Cdsnuts
03-01-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm maybe not explaining myself very well (thanks, PFS)

I mean if you juice say a few tomatoes and carrots, and then heat the juice up as a soup, rather than having it cold, surely that's ok?
I see

You just don't want to heat it up to the point where you're actually cooking it because you want the material you're taking in to be Raw.

If you have a powerful blender such as the K-Tech or a Vitamix you can blend it to the point where it actually gets warm.

You just don't want to cook it.

There's a recipe that I used once in awhile during my 45 day juice feast that was like a natural version of a V8. It was tomatoes, carrots, celery a few Peppers, greens, raw garlic and then I seasoned it with some sea salt and pepper.

road to recover
03-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Needless to say I cooked it, at least heating it on the pan enough to bubble...

It does feel a bit different from when you just ingest the juice, sits a bit heavier on the stomach, so I sense the difference even if I'm puzzled that simply cooking the juice breaks the rules.

Sucks that you can't enjoy something warm as a dinner replacement during winter, I think I'd rather have just raw juice rather than lukewarm, partially heated 'soup'.

Cdsnuts
03-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Needless to say I cooked it, at least heating it on the pan enough to bubble...

It does feel a bit different from when you just ingest the juice, sits a bit heavier on the stomach, so I sense the difference even if I'm puzzled that simply cooking the juice breaks the rules.

Sucks that you can't enjoy something warm as a dinner replacement during winter, I think I'd rather have just raw juice rather than lukewarm, partially heated 'soup'.

Well, to help clear up your puzzledness (if that's even a word) The reason why you don't want to cook anything is because you destroy the enzymes and biologically active ingredients in the plant material. This "live" food is one of the reasons this type of cleanse is so powerful.

If you haven't already, I suggest you research the science behind extended juice feasts from sources who have actually undertaken the act.

It's becoming clear that the more people that undertake this, the more It would benefit everyone to have some research sources to read up on. I'm going to have to dig these up in the near future.

But in regards to your comment about it sucking to not have something warm to eat....it's only for a short period of time. And, I would think PFS in general sucks more then not having warm food for a week or two. I imagine you would agree.

This isn't going to be a walk in the park, by any means.

As always, YOU have to determine what you're willing to do to get yourself back to 100%

road to recover
03-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Thanks. I understand it isn't easy, and I knew my comment maybe sounded a bit whiny but what the hell.

Another question: when making the juices should you have much pulp left at the bottom? Sometimes I do, which is a bit annoying as I take the juice through a straw and it leaves a mess as the stuff gets more difficult to imbibe.

Cdsnuts
03-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Thanks. I understand it isn't easy, and I knew my comment maybe sounded a bit whiny but what the hell.

Another question: when making the juices should you have much pulp left at the bottom? Sometimes I do, which is a bit annoying as I take the juice through a straw and it leaves a mess as the stuff gets more difficult to imbibe.

If you're using a nut milk bag to strain you're not going to have much pulp at all. You do want to limit it because you're trying to not activate your digestive system.

K8668B
06-14-2017, 08:20 PM
Thought i might ask here. Been wondering for a few days.

Obviously its not a good idea to overexert yourself during a fast, but i was wondering if its okay to train abs while juice feasting. Nothing overkill, but maybe light ab workouts.

Also i never, in my 13+ years of physique training, i never use weights while training abs. The abs are a muscle where you want to make your waist smaller, and i read in an ironman magazine that arnold says never train abs with weights (or heavy weights), because you dont want to inadvertently make your waistline bigger. so all these years, i always trained abs without weights and with just my own bodyweight, and it worked wonders for me personally.

Is ab training okay during juice feasting?

Cdsnuts
06-15-2017, 06:03 AM
Thought i might ask here. Been wondering for a few days.

Obviously its not a good idea to overexert yourself during a fast, but i was wondering if its okay to train abs while juice feasting. Nothing overkill, but maybe light ab workouts.

Also i never, in my 13+ years of physique training, i never use weights while training abs. The abs are a muscle where you want to make your waist smaller, and i read in an ironman magazine that arnold says never train abs with weights (or heavy weights), because you dont want to inadvertently make your waistline bigger. so all these years, i always trained abs without weights and with just my own bodyweight, and it worked wonders for me personally.

Is ab training okay during juice feasting?

While juice FEASTING your not fasting, so this shouldn't be an issue.....within reason. I would caution you though...you're going to burn through more calories then usual so you may have to make it up with another quart of juice in your daily rotation.

I walked about 3-4 miles every day during my 45 dayer....I gladly had another quart of juice to make up for this activity. It kept me sane and it was extremely low impact.

Swill
06-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Granted I was a faster rather than a feaster, but in your shoes I'd stick to walking and mobility work man. Plenty of time for all that later, give your body them zzz's.

K8668B
06-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Yeah, definitely! I've decided that im going to hold off on the ab training for now until my fast is over!

Cdsnuts
06-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Yeah, definitely! I've decided that im going to hold off on the ab training for now until my fast is over!

Like swill had mentioned, it's the perfect time to get on that mobility work that everyone avoids.....