PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for body and household products free of xenoestrogens

Snell1234
01-30-2017, 09:28 PM
One thing I see on Cdnut's website is avoiding xenoestrogens in things like shampoos etc. I compeltely agree with this. This affects me a lot.

I am having a tough time finding good products to use for laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent and especially shampoo.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what they have had success with? Even some of the "natural" ones I've tried have given me a similar affect to the ones with the whole list of chemicals. I'm in particular need of a shampoo.

Maxout777
01-30-2017, 10:11 PM
I use Every Man Jack brand for soaps, shampoos, deodorants, and shaving.

In our house we use Mrs. Meyers Clean Day cleaning supplies. All natural.

Snell1234
01-30-2017, 11:01 PM
Great, thanks. I'll give them a go.

Benq123
04-22-2017, 08:57 AM
What do you guys think of this brand? Bulldog Skincare for Men Home page (https://www.bulldogskincare.com/)
It's not technically 100% natural (if there's even such thing?), but it says "Our products never contain parabens, SLS, artificial colours, synthetic fragrances or ingredients from animal sources. Bulldog is suitable for vegetarians and vegans."

It's ideal for me as well because they sell them in my local supermarket so I don't have to go out my way for them.

Maxout777
04-22-2017, 10:45 AM
I'm currently really pleased with these soaps, you can get them on Amazon Prime too, my favorite two so far are the pine tar and bay rum, but they have so many it kinda keeps it interesting, I usually try a new one at least once a month. They smell amazing. My woman complains that our shower smells like a forest when I use the pine tar.

Men's Bar Soap | Handmade Soap | Dr. Squatch (https://www.drsquatch.com/collections/bar-soap)

Cdsnuts
04-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Really guys? Lol....

All of these are really well liked by everyone that uses them.

Xenoestrogens | (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/xenoestrogens/)

Maxout777
04-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Really guys? Lol....

The one I suggested above is 100% natural, to my knowledge, and I've never had any problems out of it.

Every Man Jack is what I use for everything else - sunscreen included. I won't touch the actual sunscreen in stores.

K8668B
04-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Can you not find any chemically/xenoestrogen free soap, detergent, etc products in stores these days?

Cdsnuts
04-22-2017, 05:07 PM
The link on the website has everything you'll need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TubZy
04-22-2017, 05:11 PM
Can you not find any chemically/xenoestrogen free soap, detergent, etc products in stores these days?

You can, just are limited. Amazon has a pretty good selection. The only thing with the natural products is you should watch out for other natural pro estrogenic/anti androgenic ingredients like rosemary etc. so you are not substituting one thing for another

K8668B
04-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Right on!

But goddamn... the world just seems to want to poison/estrogen-ize the hell out of us! Like how you mentioned theyll get rid of one negative thing to substitute it with another negative thing. I've noticed this in other areas too, like foods. Man.... (didnt mean to go off topic lol) I cant help but rage at these assholes who try to screw us up like this

DrivenToRecover
04-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Right on!

But goddamn... the world just seems to want to poison/estrogen-ize the hell out of us! Like how you mentioned theyll get rid of one negative thing to substitute it with another negative thing. I've noticed this in other areas too, like foods. Man.... (didnt mean to go off topic lol) I cant help but rage at these assholes who try to screw us up like this

Right? Weird how it becomes culturally normal to slightly poison yourself every time you rub soap, shampoo, ect on your body.

Some people also try to make fun of me buying organic produce as well lol and I'm like dude...I prefer my food not doused in poison...

Cdsnuts
04-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Right? Weird how it becomes culturally normal to slightly poison yourself every time you rub soap, shampoo, ect on your body.

Some people also try to make fun of me buying organic produce as well lol and I'm like dude...I prefer my food not doused in poison...
People who mock or make fun of other people for not wanting to poison themselves are so unconscious as to the reality that they live in it almost makes me feel bad for them.

Instances of chronic disease and cancer are through the roof and people don't think twice about picking up a pretty smelling bottle of soap or lotion and smearing it all over their skin.

Most people are completely blind to these things

DrivenToRecover
04-23-2017, 10:42 AM
People who mock or make fun of other people for not wanting to poison themselves are so unconscious as to the reality that they live in it almost makes me feel bad for them.

Instances of chronic disease and cancer are through the roof and people don't think twice about picking up a pretty smelling bottle of soap or lotion and smearing it all over their skin.

Most people are completely blind to these things

Yep. It is frustrating how far behind the curve most people are when it comes to health, and of course I can't blame them. I'd still be there as well if not for what I've been through.

I've thought about something related quite a bit during my recent meditation that I'd like to share:

The entire experience that is your life is simply your psychical and mental self interacting with the external environment. We (culturally) spend so much time trying to enhance and better our experience by just focusing on the external side of things. Better house, better job, make more money, ect.

It's wayyy too rare that people focus internally, and work on enhancing/optimizing the chemistry/composition of their mind and body. And it is such a HUGE factor when it comes to quality of life and happiness.

In my opinion, its the BIGGEST factor because happiness, and emotion in general is basically just the mix of chemicals that is brought about in your body BECAUSE of the external stimuli.

Anybody here who's experienced pfs can tell you that great things in life can happen to you, but if you aren't healthy...then your mind/body won't derive pleasure from them in nearly the same way.

Cdsnuts
04-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Yep. It is frustrating how far behind the curve most people are when it comes to health, and of course I can't blame them. I'd still be there as well if not for what I've been through.

I've thought about something related quite a bit during my recent meditation that I'd like to share:

The entire experience that is your life is simply your psychical and mental self interacting with the external environment. We (culturally) spend so much time trying to enhance and better our experience by just focusing on the external side of things. Better house, better job, make more money, ect.

It's wayyy too rare that people focus internally, and work on enhancing/optimizing the chemistry/composition of their mind and body. And it is such a HUGE factor when it comes to quality of life and happiness.

In my opinion, its the BIGGEST factor because happiness, and emotion in general is basically just the mix of chemicals that is brought about in your body BECAUSE of the external stimuli.

Anybody here who's experienced pfs can tell you that great things in life can happen to you, but if you aren't healthy...then your mind/body won't derive pleasure from them in nearly the same way.
The more I study, the more I meditate and the more I practice my breathing the more I realize that everything comes from inside... EVERYTHING.

This is the main reason for keeping the body and mind in as good a shape as humanly possible. The healthier you are and the stronger your Constitution is, the sharper your mind. The sharper the mind the more you can derive enjoyment from it and the act of just being.

You are literally the director of your own life. You can do anything you wish. This is a fascinating while simultaneously frightening fact.

You HAVE to choose your thoughts wisely.

Durantia37
04-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Speaking of the mental side of things..something I've found that's extraordinarily helpful is getting over the whole idea of "recovery" and "pfs." It makes you so anxious to hurry everything up (which can cause a lot of bad decisions).

I got rid of like 90% of my anxiety when I dropped all that stuff and started thinking of the protocol as a long term way of life. With that change of mindset, you're not gauging your progress anxiously every day/week. Instead of being a wounded emasculated PFS loser (in your head), you're just a health freak with a couple health problems (which, when you start paying attention, you realize everyone has a few health problems or will have soon enough). All of a sudden, mentally, you've turned yourself back into a normal person who isnt on some mythical self-imposed recovery timeline. Makes a huge difference imo.

Cdsnuts
04-24-2017, 07:35 AM
Which is exactly why I tell people they have to live the protocol and make it their life.

Swill
04-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Speaking of the mental side of things..something I've found that's extraordinarily helpful is getting over the whole idea of "recovery" and "pfs." It makes you so anxious to hurry everything up (which can cause a lot of bad decisions).

I got rid of like 90% of my anxiety when I dropped all that stuff and started thinking of the protocol as a long term way of life. With that change of mindset, you're not gauging your progress anxiously every day/week. Instead of being a wounded emasculated PFS loser (in your head), you're just a health freak with a couple health problems (which, when you start paying attention, you realize everyone has a few health problems or will have soon enough). All of a sudden, mentally, you've turned yourself back into a normal person who isnt on some mythical self-imposed recovery timeline. Makes a huge difference imo.

Absolutely.. I was my own worst enemy in the beginning... the second you focus on enjoying your life and making this just a part of you rather than an obsession and analysing every tiny peak and trough, you're already half way there

DrivenToRecover
04-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Absolutely.. I was my own worst enemy in the beginning... the second you focus on enjoying your life and making this just a part of you rather than an obsession and analysing every tiny peak and trough, you're already half way there

Agreed.

My computer didn't work for a few weeks, and for those few weeks away from this board I definitely thought about things much less.

Even though this space isn't toxic at all, it still seems nice to step away sometimes.

I think what keeps me coming back at this point is I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something new to add to the protocol that might expedite things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdsnuts
04-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Agreed.

My computer didn't work for a few weeks, and for those few weeks away from this board I definitely thought about things much less.

Even though this space isn't toxic at all, it still seems nice to step away sometimes.

I think what keeps me coming back at this point is I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something new to add to the protocol that might expedite things.

I'll ease your concerns about that... This protocol is solid and is what everyone uses to recover. Regardless of whether you miss something even if you did it would be small because of the meat and potatoes of what you have to do is well laid out.

You can always just go to the website to freshen up

K8668B
04-24-2017, 03:39 PM

Exactly! Same thing happened with me!

DrivenToRecover
04-24-2017, 04:01 PM
I'll ease your concerns about that... This protocol is solid and is what everyone uses to recover. Regardless of whether you miss something even if you did it would be small because of the meat and potatoes of what you have to do is well laid out.

You can always just go to the website to freshen up

I'm just worried I might miss the next 5a-dhp...something new that seems to help.

Maybe somebody could dm me if something substantial like this came up? Lol

Cdsnuts
04-24-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm just worried I might miss the next 5a-dhp...something new that seems to help.

Maybe somebody could dm me if something substantial like this came up? Lol

I wouldn't hold your breath and I wouldn't worry thinking about it.

Just check in every two weeks or so as that will probably be more then enough.

Meegs
05-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Hey gents- transplant from SolvePFS and first post here.

Not to get off topic, but being my first post here, I wanted to offer a few words to CD: you are a true man to stick around and help others through the same hell that you went through. You obviously could have just packed up your tent and took off, but wanting to help others says A LOT about your character. Much respect.

I've read the site a few times and am currently on the protocol. My related question here is what the heck do use for shaving cream? Jojoba oil? I have purchased many of the Health Ranger products, but trying to dial this in.

Thanks.

Cdsnuts
05-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Hey gents- transplant from SolvePFS and first post here.

Not to get off topic, but being my first post here, I wanted to offer a few words to CD: you are a true man to stick around and help others through the same hell that you went through. You obviously could have just packed up your tent and took off, but wanting to help others says A LOT about your character. Much respect.

I've read the site a few times and am currently on the protocol. My related question here is what the heck do use for shaving cream? Jojoba oil? I have purchased many of the Health Ranger products, but trying to dial this in.

Thanks.
Thank you for the kind words.

For shaving I found that dr. Bonner's Castle soap hits the mark for me. I typically shave every other day or so and when I do it's my face and head at the same time. I've been using this product for years and it works great.

Maxout777
05-26-2017, 10:12 PM
I'll have to try Dr. Bonner's. I'm always interested in improving products. I'm currently using the Every Man Jack shave cream.

Cdsnuts
05-26-2017, 10:13 PM
I'll have to try Dr. Bonner's. I'm always interested in improving products. I'm currently using the Every Man Jack shave cream.
Even that has some questionable ingredients in it unfortunately. The dr. Bonner's is 100% natural

Maxout777
05-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Even that has some questionable ingredients in it unfortunately. The dr. Bonner's is 100% natural

Yeah I'm not 100% sold on it, it was just what I bought last time. I guess it was the lesser of two evils versus Edge or Gillette lol.

Cdsnuts
05-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Yeah I'm not 100% sold on it, it was just what I bought last time. I guess it was the lesser of two evils versus Edge or Gillette lol.
It was also probably before I had my recommendations down on the website. Unfortunately I was late getting them up

Maxout777
05-26-2017, 10:18 PM
It was also probably before I had my recommendations down on the website.

Yup it was, I don't shave with a razor all the time.....go electric a good bit so I've had this bottle for probably well over a year. Growing more and more tired of my electric razor and using more of the old fashioned manual.... It's almost out, though. Gonna grab the Bronners next.

Cdsnuts
05-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Yup it was, I don't shave with a razor all the time.....go electric a good bit so I've had this bottle for probably well over a year. Growing more and more tired of my electric razor and using more of the old fashioned manual.... It's almost out, though. Gonna grab the Bronners next.
Let me send you a coupon for what I use for razors. I go through a lot of them

Maxout777
05-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Let me send you a coupon for what I use for razors

10-4. Saving money is always a plus lol.

Swill
05-27-2017, 04:59 AM
I've used some of the Every Man Jack stuff (sunscreen, shampoo, deodourant) and recently noticed that some of the things on the ingredients list didn't sound all that natural... bummed out because I like the products.

Meegs
06-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Thank you for the kind words.

For shaving I found that dr. Bonner's Castle soap hits the mark for me. I typically shave every other day or so and when I do it's my face and head at the same time. I've been using this product for years and it works great.

Right on CD- Bronner's is legit. I have always had very sensitive skin and this stuff doesn't leave my face red or nicked up. Got my shaving cream figure out.....

On a similar note have you found good quality razors that you like? Based on your response to Maxout I'm guessing so. I'm always looking for some good blades. Please share.

Cdsnuts
06-15-2017, 02:48 PM
Can't go wrong here: (http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/christophernowitzke) for razors.

delsolrob
06-16-2017, 04:09 AM
Switched to straight razor a few years back...now I can never go back to anything else!

benefits:
no razors in landfills
no more razors to buy
better exfoliation...skin feels awesome after
it's like meditation
it's bad ass...strangely, girls often think it's hot to see me shave with a straight razor.

cons:
up front costs...yeah, they're not cheap, and there are required accessories (strop, strop paste, honing)
maintenance: you need to strop it every time you use it, and I get mine honed about once a year.

Cdsnuts
06-16-2017, 05:58 AM
Switched to straight razor a few years back...now I can never go back to anything else!

benefits:
no razors in landfills
no more razors to buy
better exfoliation...skin feels awesome after
it's like meditation
it's bad ass...strangely, girls often think it's hot to see me shave with a straight razor.

cons:
up front costs...yeah, they're not cheap, and there are required accessories (strop, strop paste, honing)
maintenance: you need to strop it every time you use it, and I get mine honed about once a year.

I would consider this if I didn't use them to shave my head as well.

Meegs
06-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Thank you for the razor tips gents. I appreciate the input.

jjbradley2211
06-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Is there any reason not to start on these products until after I am done fasting/juice feasting?

Cdsnuts
06-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Is there any reason not to start on these products until after I am done fasting/juice feasting?

No.

LUALBA
04-25-2018, 06:19 PM
Really guys? Lol....

just a few CD questions please, because the Bathroom Soap is not available and the Toothpaste in Health Ranger, other suggestions, please?
the Deodorant link is broken on the TMO page, could it be? https: //www.healthrangerstore.com/collections/deodorant/products/organic-unscented-deodorant? variant = 40686994701

DrivenToRecover
04-26-2018, 06:18 AM
Baking soda for toothpaste, for deodorant baking soda plus coconut oil, and soap is not needed...skin brushing is all you need

Damn
04-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Baking soda for toothpaste, for deodorant baking soda plus coconut oil, and soap is not needed...skin brushing is all you need

Would also recommend oil pulling for tooth & gum health (especially if you have as bad a dry mouth as I did, which is brutal on your teeth). Re: soap...My chivalrous nature requires me to use some suds on the old nether regions prior to m'lady tending to those areas ;) I use Dr. Bronners All-One Hemp Citrus...The only ingredient you "wouldn't eat" is sodium hydroxide which is rated "innocuous" by the EWG (great source for those who don't know about it) based on the concentration used. I do not use deodorant...I never had bad BO before, and now that I have it back, my girlfriend and I actually like it.

Cdsnuts
04-27-2018, 05:49 PM

This^^^^^^^^

Soap dries out the skin un-necessarily. Just brush while your in the shower. Your skin quality will become better then it has ever been.

jacknap
04-28-2018, 11:44 AM
This^^^^^^^^

Soap dries out the skin un-necessarily. Just brush while your in the shower. Your skin quality will become better then it has ever been.

do u use the skin brush on your face too? I do it very gently i'm scared it will be too harsh. I used to use retin-a. the .5 solution made my skin look really good but after crashing from ru58841 i'm scared of using anything synthetic for aesthetic purposes lol. I can't imagine how it would be good for you. I mean if our skin was meant to look that good I'd imagine nature would have done it by itself... was really good at getting rid of blackheads. the .1 solution is way to strong tho and would look artificial and sucks in the summer cuz skin is so sensitive and raw when it's tht thin and fresh.

I experimented with emu oil for a bit but results were negligent so now I just say healthy diet for best skin. Lotsa good water + collagen etc.

Cdsnuts
04-28-2018, 05:30 PM
do u use the skin brush on your face too? I do it very gently i'm scared it will be too harsh. I used to use retin-a. the .5 solution made my skin look really good but after crashing from ru58841 i'm scared of using anything synthetic for aesthetic purposes lol. I can't imagine how it would be good for you. I mean if our skin was meant to look that good I'd imagine nature would have done it by itself... was really good at getting rid of blackheads. the .1 solution is way to strong tho and would look artificial and sucks in the summer cuz skin is so sensitive and raw when it's tht thin and fresh.

I experimented with emu oil for a bit but results were negligent so now I just say healthy diet for best skin. Lotsa good water + collagen etc.

I use it on my face, yes. The brushing action makes your skin healthier, despite it feeling a little on the rough side in the beginning. When I'm finished with the shower, I use this https://amzn.to/2jesAxz afterwords. The stuff is fantastic.

xxaleksi
05-05-2020, 11:10 AM
Anyone have suggestions for a xenoestrogen free toothpaste? I’ve been using baking soda for toothpaste for the past year or so, like DrivenToRecover and TubZy have mentioned here, but there’s conflicting information online about it possibly being damaging to teeth over time. Thinking about switching it up.

I could get Dr. Bronner’s toothpaste which Maxout said he used, but it has peppermint in it which inhibits DHT so I’m a bit hesitant to use it. What do you guys think?

Bankai9000
05-05-2020, 12:09 PM
Ya should NEVER brush with baking soda xd

xxaleksi
05-05-2020, 12:44 PM
Ya should NEVER brush with baking soda xd

Yea lots of stuff online saying it can wreck your teeth, but also plenty of people who swear by it. It hasn't affected my teeth negatively though. But if it can be bad for your teeth then obviously I'd need an alternative, lol. The Dr Bronner's stuff looks promising, just a bit hesitant due to the peppermint.

DKnighten
05-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Yea lots of stuff online saying it can wreck your teeth, but also plenty of people who swear by it. It hasn't affected my teeth negatively though. But if it can be bad for your teeth then obviously I'd need an alternative, lol. The Dr Bronner's stuff looks promising, just a bit hesitant due to the peppermint.

A really useful app is ThinkDirty. It has all kinds of hygiene products and rates them according to ingredients. It seems that Dr Bronner's and Tom's of Maine are good, clean brands. Also Seventh Generation.

xxaleksi
05-06-2020, 08:48 AM
A really useful app is ThinkDirty. It has all kinds of hygiene products and rates them according to ingredients. It seems that Dr Bronner's and Tom's of Maine are good, clean brands. Also Seventh Generation.

Thanks man, I just downloaded that app myself. Ordered the Dr Bronner's toothpaste and some other brand as well. I'm sketched out by the peppermint but the one CD recommends has peppermint as well, and if he's recommending it then I'd assume it's not that big of a deal.

Cdsnuts
05-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Thanks man, I just downloaded that app myself. Ordered the Dr Bronner's toothpaste and some other brand as well. I'm sketched out by the peppermint but the one CD recommends has peppermint as well, and if he's recommending it then I'd assume it's not that big of a deal.

Nothing to worry about.

xxaleksi
05-08-2020, 04:34 AM
Nothing to worry about.

Thanks man. It's a shame how many things are anti androgenic. I wouldn't be shocked if a study came out that oxygen slightly inhibits 5ar or something, lol

Bankai9000
05-08-2020, 05:25 AM
That's why Wim Hof works.
You lose all oxygen for some seconds, even air hates us men.

Jk jokkkkxd

Cdsnuts
05-13-2020, 06:11 PM
That's why Wim Hof works.
You lose all oxygen for some seconds, even air hates us men.

Jk jokkkkxd

That's why as men, we figure out a way around the problem and use it to our advantage.

johnsmith
03-12-2021, 10:31 AM
So the recommended shaving cream for shaving one's head is "Dr. Bronner's Castile soap"? I've never shaved my head with soap before... but I'm willing to try it out.

Cdsnuts
03-13-2021, 08:41 AM
So the recommended shaving cream for shaving one's head is "Dr. Bronner's Castile soap"? I've never shaved my head with soap before... but I'm willing to try it out.

Yup. Lathers nice and is all natural. I highly suggest this as well: Dollar Shave Club | Look, Feel, & Smell your best (http://shaved.by/v/christopher_12205)

Mojo
03-13-2021, 11:34 AM
Question about tap water. All in all it's probably better than bottled water right? Less PBA's and stuff. Or do I need to get one of these brita purifier bottles or something?

Cdsnuts
03-14-2021, 10:19 AM
Question about tap water. All in all it's probably better than bottled water right? Less PBA's and stuff. Or do I need to get one of these brita purifier bottles or something?

Absolutely better then those synthetic estrogen bombs (bottled water)

But this is what I use, and what I recommend.

Amazon.com: ZeroWater ZP-010, 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with Water Quality Meter: Pitcher Water Filters: Kitchen Dining (https://amzn.to/3cu00U7)

Filters last a long time especially if it's going to be for personal use.

Mojo
03-14-2021, 10:21 AM
Absolutely better then those synthetic estrogen bombs (bottled water)

But this is what I use, and what I recommend.

Amazon.com: ZeroWater ZP-010, 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with Water Quality Meter: Pitcher Water Filters: Kitchen Dining (https://amzn.to/3cu00U7)

Filters last a long time especially if it's going to be for personal use.

Sick, thanks!

Zonz
03-14-2021, 12:58 PM
Baking soda will get you the farthest here, it can be used for so many things

Cdsnuts
03-15-2021, 06:41 AM
Baking soda will get you the farthest here, it can be used for so many things

Farthest where?

Zonz
03-15-2021, 12:21 PM
Farthest where?
It’s good non xenoestrogen household product

Cdsnuts
03-15-2021, 03:25 PM
It’s good non xenoestrogen household product

I see.

Yeah....you can even brush your teeth with it.

They do make products specifically for certain things that are all natural that go beyond the scope of baking soda. But yes, it is very versatile.

Mojo
03-16-2021, 09:55 AM
My zerowater can arrived today with that little measurement device. Apparently my tap water is very polluted heh.

Cdsnuts
03-17-2021, 06:48 AM
My zerowater can arrived today with that little measurement device. Apparently my tap water is very polluted heh.

Test a bottle of water.....lol. You'll never want to drink it again. bottled water is also very acidic. I have a ph testing machine here and I've tested all different types. Zero water is always gonna be your best bet.

TubZy
03-17-2021, 12:08 PM
Test a bottle of water.....lol. You'll never want to drink it again. bottled water is also very acidic. I have a ph testing machine here and I've tested all different types. Zero water is always gonna be your best bet.

What are your thoughts on Alexa Pure for bulk water filtering?

https://alexapure.com/products/alexapure-pro-water-filtration-system

Cdsnuts
03-18-2021, 11:13 AM
What are your thoughts on Alexa Pure for bulk water filtering?

https://alexapure.com/products/alexapure-pro-water-filtration-system

Well....coming from someone who at one point was using a thousand dollar water ionizer for a year or two so that I was able to control the ph, fancy machines just aren't necessary. This one though, is a good choice for "bulk" water filtering. But really, if it wasn't for the bulk aspect of it, the zero water pitcher, for the money is hands down the best one I've used. Filters last forever and the tester is great. Water taste like....literally......nothing.....just wetness.

But yeah, to answer your question, this is a good machine if you have the means.

Edit: I would love to test the water that comes out of the alexa with the zero water tester.....just to see.

TubZy
03-18-2021, 11:36 AM
Well....coming from someone who at one point was using a thousand dollar water ionizer for a year or two so that I was able to control the ph, fancy machines just aren't necessary. This one though, is a good choice for "bulk" water filtering. But really, if it wasn't for the bulk aspect of it, the zero water pitcher, for the money is hands down the best one I've used. Filters last forever and the tester is great. Water taste like....literally......nothing.....just wetness.

But yeah, to answer your question, this is a good machine if you have the means.

Edit: I would love to test the water that comes out of the alexa with the zero water tester.....just to see.

Thanks

Cdsnuts
03-19-2021, 04:36 PM
Thanks

You got it brother!

Zonz
03-22-2021, 07:27 AM
Thanks man. It's a shame how many things are anti androgenic. I wouldn't be shocked if a study came out that oxygen slightly inhibits 5ar or something, lol

What if I told you... the air you breathe has pesticides and industrial chemicals beyond healthy levels?

Air and Pesticides
(http://npic.orst.edu/envir/air.html)

Mojo
03-22-2021, 08:29 AM
Unless you live in downtown Beijing, it seems like minimal problem.

That said, 2 things are bothering me right now. I work as an airline pilot and my ‘office’ air is constantly being polluted by tiny doses of burnt oil. We’ve had multiple cases already of people developing neurological problems after long time exposure.

Another thing is I have to handle receipts from the onboard printer all the time. And that paper is apparently coated in PBA’s. Wearing gloves will make me look like a clown and I don’t want to have to explain myself over and over. For now I try to touch it as little as possible till I find a more suiting solution.

Cdsnuts
03-22-2021, 01:48 PM

That said, 2 things are bothering me right now. I work as an airline pilot and my ‘office’ air is constantly being polluted by tiny doses of burnt oil. We’ve had multiple cases already of people developing neurological problems after long time exposure.

Another thing is I have to handle receipts from the onboard printer all the time. And that paper is apparently coated in PBA’s. Wearing gloves will make me look like a clown and I don’t want to have to explain myself over and over. For now I try to touch it as little as possible till I find a more suiting solution.

Who cares what it makes you look like. I highly doubt an airline pilot in uniform wearing gloves will be viewed as anything negative. You gotta do you.....

DKnighten
03-25-2021, 03:03 AM

You're a damn pilot? I couldn't think of a more stressful job to have while coping with PFS lol. Maybe a Physical Therapist is a somewhat close second :p

LetsGo
03-25-2021, 07:37 AM
You're a damn pilot? I couldn't think of a more stressful job to have while coping with PFS lol. Maybe a Physical Therapist is a somewhat close second :p

I’m not Mojo obviously so I can’t speak for him, but every commercial pilot I’ve known has said that the actual piloting aspect of the job is not stressful. (If you’re afraid of the plane, and a small percentage of pilots are, then you’re in the wrong business.)

Things like a single engine failure are extremely rare nowadays and might happen once in a career, if that. So the vast majority of the time, everything is very routine. Those rare emergencies are why they get paid the big bucks.

What can make it stressful is working odd shifts like redeye flights, and being away from your family. Until you build up seniority, you end up with the worst schedules. And then when you have enough flight hours to move up to one of the major airlines, you have to start all over again at the bottom of the seniority ladder. On the other hand, you only fly about 85 hours per month, so you have tons of time off every month.

Mojo
03-25-2021, 08:15 AM
I’m not Mojo obviously so I can’t speak for him, but every commercial pilot I’ve known has said that the actual piloting aspect of the job is not stressful. (If you’re afraid of the plane, and a small percentage of pilots are, then you’re in the wrong business.)

Things like a single engine failure are extremely rare nowadays and might happen once in a career, if that. So the vast majority of the time, everything is very routine. Those rare emergencies are why they get paid the big bucks.

What can make it stressful is working odd shifts like redeye flights, and being away from your family. Until you build up seniority, you end up with the worst schedules. And then when you have enough flight hours to move up to one of the major airlines, you have to start all over again at the bottom of the seniority ladder. On the other hand, you only fly about 85 hours per month, so you have tons of time off every month.

I've already had my engine failure so my career should be smooth sailing from now on. One of our engines blew up shortly after taking of from london heathrow airport, completely disintegrating the turbine stage. You are right that the rest of the job is never really that stressful or fulfilling unless you got to go somewhere with extreme weather or challenging procedures, which doesn't happen that often.

My main gripe right now is the obvious bad effects everything has on your health. Altitude, neurotoxic poisoning, shifty hours, radiation, constant loud noise etc. When you fly 85 hours, that implies 85 hours of engine running time, which you have to multiply by 2 to get to your working hours on a medium/short haul sector., as it does not account for time spent before, between and after flights. So I guess it does translate to standard job hours.

I had one of my first panic attacks from PFS in a miserable hotel room somewhere, away from home. Hands down one of the worst experiences of my life. The thought of losing my job has been a very big concern since mental problems are a big no no. Luckily the pandemic had locked down everything at the best possible time for me so I've had enough time to recover sufficiently to start working again. But honestly, if I now had to go back working in 6-7 day shifts like before covid I'd probably ask for medical leave.

LetsGo
03-25-2021, 10:12 AM
I've already had my engine failure so my career should be smooth sailing from now on. One of our engines blew up shortly after taking of from london heathrow airport, completely disintegrating the turbine stage. You are right that the rest of the job is never really that stressful or fulfilling unless you got to go somewhere with extreme weather or challenging procedures, which doesn't happen that often.

My main gripe right now is the obvious bad effects everything has on your health. Altitude, neurotoxic poisoning, shifty hours, radiation, constant loud noise etc. When you fly 85 hours, that implies 85 hours of engine running time, which you have to multiply by 2 to get to your working hours on a medium/short haul sector., as it does not account for time spent before, between and after flights. So I guess it does translate to standard job hours.

I had one of my first panic attacks from PFS in a miserable hotel room somewhere, away from home. Hands down one of the worst experiences of my life. The thought of losing my job has been a very big concern since mental problems are a big no no. Luckily the pandemic had locked down everything at the best possible time for me so I've had enough time to recover sufficiently to start working again. But honestly, if I now had to go back working in 6-7 day shifts like before covid I'd probably ask for medical leave.

I’m glad you’re doing better with your panic side effects, that is the most important thing for you to recover from in the short term. (Gotta keep that first class medical certificate in good standing.) Meditation is incredibly important and it builds up an inner resistance to panic over time.

My two panic attacks were caused by spirals of catastrophic thinking, that I was doomed and never going to get better, and I got overwhelmed with panic that I was going to become suicidal. I lost my job because of one, so I know what you mean. I was in no condition to drive, let alone fly a plane.

Anyhow, you can and will get better but it will take time, obviously. In one of my recent introspective periods I was like “maybe I should’ve been a pilot instead of a lawyer - am I too old?” And started looking into it and although I’m not really too old, it wouldn’t be the right move for me, and I can do great things in my field. But I was thinking about what it’d be like for a pilot with PFS.

Diet could be a challenge because you might have to eat airplane food and food court food, which is not always the healthiest. The other thing is working out - depending on your schedule you might not have great access to gyms on some days, so you’d need hotel workouts and stuff.

Like you mentioned, radiation is higher with less atmosphere above you to absorb it, so flight crews get more radiation exposure each year, but nowhere near what nuclear power plant workers get, or the TSA agents by the baggage scanners. I don’t trust those plastic fringes to block all the radiation, I’m sure they’re getting blasted with low dose X-rays all day long, and I wonder if they have super high cancer rates.

I also forgot about the loud noise - airplanes are noisy and you probably can’t wear earplugs because you need to be able to hear the other pilot, the radio, and the call outs from the plane itself. I was reading that noise can be unhealthy aside from hearing damage, like it puts stress on the body. So I understand that concern, it’s valid but there’s nothing you can really do about it. As a passenger, I often wear earplugs except during meal/drink service, but as a pilot, you need your full hearing all the time.

I would absolutely get disposable gloves for handling the receipts, like CD said, it doesn’t matter if it looks weird.

That’s a good point about the hours, yeah, you only get paid for flight hours. Also if there are mechanical or weather delays, you can wind up getting home very late, or have to spend the night at an airport hotel, and you don’t get paid for that or if you do, it’s only a token amount.

I’d imagine that the weird shifts can be bad for sleeping, and that’s a major reason why I’m okay with not having gone down the pilot route - also I wouldn’t have been confident enough to do it when I was in my early 20s. I’m happy enough to be in the passenger seat and leave the flying to the professionals.

However... Delta’s museum has a real FAA grade 737 sim (with an instructor) that I want to book an hour on for like $400. Would be super fun. In Dubai there’s an FAA grade A380 sim in a mall for like $200. Those are bucket list items for me :)

Cdsnuts
03-25-2021, 12:11 PM
I’m glad you’re doing better with your panic side effects, that is the most important thing for you to recover from in the short term. (Gotta keep that first class medical certificate in good standing.) Meditation is incredibly important and it builds up an inner resistance to panic over time.

My two panic attacks were caused by spirals of catastrophic thinking, that I was doomed and never going to get better, and I got overwhelmed with panic that I was going to become suicidal. I lost my job because of one, so I know what you mean. I was in no condition to drive, let alone fly a plane.

Anyhow, you can and will get better but it will take time, obviously. In one of my recent introspective periods I was like “maybe I should’ve been a pilot instead of a lawyer - am I too old?” And started looking into it and although I’m not really too old, it wouldn’t be the right move for me, and I can do great things in my field. But I was thinking about what it’d be like for a pilot with PFS.

Diet could be a challenge because you might have to eat airplane food and food court food, which is not always the healthiest. The other thing is working out - depending on your schedule you might not have great access to gyms on some days, so you’d need hotel workouts and stuff.

Like you mentioned, radiation is higher with less atmosphere above you to absorb it, so flight crews get more radiation exposure each year, but nowhere near what nuclear power plant workers get, or the TSA agents by the baggage scanners. I don’t trust those plastic fringes to block all the radiation, I’m sure they’re getting blasted with low dose X-rays all day long, and I wonder if they have super high cancer rates.

I also forgot about the loud noise - airplanes are noisy and you probably can’t wear earplugs because you need to be able to hear the other pilot, the radio, and the call outs from the plane itself. I was reading that noise can be unhealthy aside from hearing damage, like it puts stress on the body. So I understand that concern, it’s valid but there’s nothing you can really do about it. As a passenger, I often wear earplugs except during meal/drink service, but as a pilot, you need your full hearing all the time.

I would absolutely get disposable gloves for handling the receipts, like CD said, it doesn’t matter if it looks weird.

That’s a good point about the hours, yeah, you only get paid for flight hours. Also if there are mechanical or weather delays, you can wind up getting home very late, or have to spend the night at an airport hotel, and you don’t get paid for that or if you do, it’s only a token amount.

I’d imagine that the weird shifts can be bad for sleeping, and that’s a major reason why I’m okay with not having gone down the pilot route - also I wouldn’t have been confident enough to do it when I was in my early 20s. I’m happy enough to be in the passenger seat and leave the flying to the professionals.

However... Delta’s museum has a real FAA grade 737 sim (with an instructor) that I want to book an hour on for like $400. Would be super fun. In Dubai there’s an FAA grade A380 sim in a mall for like $200. Those are bucket list items for me :)

I always wanted to go up in a fighter jet. Just to experience the G's and the speed. If I ever get the chance, I'll make sure I go up with an empty stomach......lol

- - - Updated - - -

Damn.

I could barely leave my house at my worst.

Mojo
03-25-2021, 01:15 PM
Yea meditation has been really helpful. More often than not I can just observe my anxiety stewing inside at a distance, and if it does become overpowering I learned to accept that it will happen and pass eventually.

I would honestly not recommend anyone to become a pilot anymore. The lifestyle isn't as glamorous as the old days and became just another daily grind.
You get to see some awesome stuff once a while and meet a lot of cool people but it's not worth the investment when there is no guarantee of return. I had to look for 2 years before I found my first gig while my loan was ticking away.

Do check out a private license if you like the idea of flying though. Cruising around small prop planes in absolute freedom is a blast and I think it's comparably affordable in the states.
And if you want to take it a step further, an acrobatic license is a cool extra if you have the funds. Taking a friend with you and hearing them scream as you fall into a spin is priceless.

Damn.

I could barely leave my house at my worst.

I wonder about this sometimes. I had periods of such intense anxiety and fear that I could barely go outside. I remember having to bike somewhere and I had ear plugs in the entire way trying to wrestle down panic.

In retrospect, these periods started getting more intense after I got prescribed Xanax and also happened days after I consumed alcohol. Must be something funky going on at GABA level.

Cdsnuts
03-26-2021, 03:26 AM
Yea meditation has been really helpful. More often than not I can just observe my anxiety stewing inside at a distance, and if it does become overpowering I learned to accept that it will happen and pass eventually.

I would honestly not recommend anyone to become a pilot anymore. The lifestyle isn't as glamorous as the old days and became just another daily grind.
You get to see some awesome stuff once a while and meet a lot of cool people but it's not worth the investment when there is no guarantee of return. I had to look for 2 years before I found my first gig while my loan was ticking away.

Do check out a private license if you like the idea of flying though. Cruising around small prop planes in absolute freedom is a blast and I think it's comparably affordable in the states.
And if you want to take it a step further, an acrobatic license is a cool extra if you have the funds. Taking a friend with you and hearing them scream as you fall into a spin is priceless.

I wonder about this sometimes. I had periods of such intense anxiety and fear that I could barely go outside. I remember having to bike somewhere and I had ear plugs in the entire way trying to wrestle down panic.

In retrospect, these periods started getting more intense after I got prescribed Xanax and also happened days after I consumed alcohol. Must be something funky going on at GABA level.

Of course. The gaba agonists have a nasty "spring back" effect ESPECIALLY when in pfs when neurosteroids are already in a depleted state. Not as bad as the alcohol "booze rooster" but with continued use it gets worse and worse and will actually start making the anxiety worse.

Rafenk
06-10-2021, 02:43 AM
How are we feeling about fluoride in toothpaste? No go or fine in small amounts?

Maxout777
06-10-2021, 09:14 AM
How are we feeling about fluoride in toothpaste? No go or fine in small amounts?

No go. If you make no other hygiene adjustments I'd start here. It's awful for you.

Cdsnuts
06-11-2021, 11:37 AM
No go. If you make no other hygiene adjustments I'd start here. It's awful for you.

Bingo.

Rafenk
06-13-2021, 02:19 PM
Thanks, fluoride-free it is.

HOPE
07-09-2021, 09:37 AM
Anyone find a good source for a conditioner? I keep coming across those that are natural, but will have Saw Palmetto, Rosemary, Nettle Root.
Shampoo works fine, use the one CD linked. Also made my own but turns out it is highly estrogenic.

Maxout777
07-09-2021, 07:40 PM
Anyone find a good source for a conditioner? I keep coming across those that are natural, but will have Saw Palmetto, Rosemary, Nettle Root.
Shampoo works fine, use the one CD linked. Also made my own but turns out it is highly estrogenic.

https://www.ursamajorvt.com/products/go-easy-daily-conditioner

Both their shampoo and conditioner I've used. I do an old school military fade/buzz cut now so I only use the shampoo. In my hair styling days, this was a go-to, though.