PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Me: Future PFS-Recovery Guy

Synaesthesia
02-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Hey hey.

Thought I'd introduce myself, as I'm sure I'll have some eventual questions throughout my recovery.

A little about me, I am a musician. Signed my first record deal at 18, toured the states, headlined rock festivals in Europe. Worked my ass off to become one of the best guitarists on the scene in LA. At 24, seriously injured my neck from too much headbanging, had to take a break from music for recovery. Two years into neck recovery, my vanity had me taking finasteride to try and maintain my image. Convinced myself it was for my career. Used it for two months, stopped, recovered for a couple weeks, then crashed. This was 9 months ago. I'm 27 now.

Immediately I found Chi's recovery technique. I rearranged my life so I could fully embrace his protocol. Strict Auto-immune Paleo diet since then. Only thing I couldn't do, was lift serious weight, because of root nerve compression from my neck injury. So I've found a Zen center, and threw myself into a Sesshin (extended meditation, around 12 hours a day for a week). This brought me some peace about my PFS. While I still strive in each consecutive moment to do my best and work toward recovery, I can find happiness today.

Zen improved my neck issues, but not enough. So I'm near the end of a 100-day consecutive run of Bikram yoga (today is day 94). This has kept me pretty stable emotionally. Calm even. I almost never feel depressed anymore. Still without the depth/clarity of thought that I once had, but it's getting closer, making progress. Still sitting Zen an hour+ daily. Bikram is great for treating spinal injuries. My spine is probably stronger than its ever been. But still having neck issues. Root nerve compression. Found a mild surgery that should resolve any lingering issues with my neck. After that recovery, I'll jump into the extended water fast (perhaps timed simultaneously with another Zen Sesshin to preserve energy). Then I'll hopefully be ready to jump into the high intensity interval training and gym protocols you guys cycle here.

So yeah, that's me. Thanks for the community, dudes.

Cdsnuts
02-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Hey hey.

Thought I'd introduce myself, as I'm sure I'll have some eventual questions throughout my recovery.

A little about me, I am a musician. Signed my first record deal at 18, toured the states, headlined rock festivals in Europe. Worked my ass off to become one of the best guitarists on the scene in LA. At 24, seriously injured my neck from too much headbanging, had to take a break from music for recovery. Two years into neck recovery, my vanity had me taking finasteride to try and maintain my image. Convinced myself it was for my career. Used it for two months, stopped, recovered for a couple weeks, then crashed. This was 9 months ago. I'm 27 now.

Immediately I found Chi's recovery technique. I rearranged my life so I could fully embrace his protocol. Strict Auto-immune Paleo diet since then. Only thing I couldn't do, was lift serious weight, because of root nerve compression from my neck injury. So I've found a Zen center, and threw myself into a Sesshin (extended meditation, around 12 hours a day for a week). This brought me some peace about my PFS. While I still strive in each consecutive moment to do my best and work toward recovery, I can find happiness today.

Zen improved my neck issues, but not enough. So I'm near the end of a 100-day consecutive run of Bikram yoga (today is day 94). This has kept me pretty stable emotionally. Calm even. I almost never feel depressed anymore. Still without the depth/clarity of thought that I once had, but it's getting closer, making progress. Still sitting Zen an hour+ daily. Bikram is great for treating spinal injuries. My spine is probably stronger than its ever been. But still having neck issues. Root nerve compression. Found a mild surgery that should resolve any lingering issues with my neck. After that recovery, I'll jump into the extended water fast (perhaps timed simultaneously with another Zen Sesshin to preserve energy). Then I'll hopefully be ready to jump into the high intensity interval training and gym protocols you guys cycle here.

So yeah, that's me. Thanks for the community, dudes.

Welcome.

Have you tried Wim Hof's breathing method?

Synaesthesia
02-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Funny, my drummer just showed that breathing method to me this past weekend. I'll see where I can fit it into my routine, see how it feels. Definitely seems interesting, especially coming from a dude like Wim Hof.

When do you use it?

Cdsnuts
02-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Funny, my drummer just showed that breathing method to me this past weekend. I'll see where I can fit it into my routine, see how it feels. Definitely seems interesting, especially coming from a dude like Wim Hof.

When do you use it?
Usually 4 rounds in the morning and 4 or 5 rounds at night. When you add the cold water exposure to it it really kicks it up to the next level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Synaesthesia
02-03-2017, 11:17 PM
I've been taking the coldest of cold showers (snowing outside) after my Bikram sessions, feels really great after the initial shock. Sounds like the perfect time to use it. Thanks for the suggestion.