PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about Diet

userpff
02-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Cdnuts I got a couple questions, what vegetables and fruits did you eat on the raw diet and what vegetables did you continue eating when adding meat back. did you eat a lot of green leafy vegetables?

Cdsnuts
02-10-2017, 05:16 AM
Cdnuts I got a couple questions, what vegetables and fruits did you eat on the raw diet and what vegetables did you continue eating when adding meat back. did you eat a lot of green leafy vegetables?

When I was eating raw I followed the 80-10-10 diet. You can look it up and get all the information online.

When not raw, I followed the paleo diet, so pretty much any veggie I could get and make, I ate. And yes, alot of leafy greens.

Can I ask why you want to go raw? It's not necessary for healing. That was a point of experimentation during my recovery that I've decided was unnecessary and too cleansing.

One good fast or feast in the beginning and then jumping on the regimen is what I recommend.

userpff
02-10-2017, 07:31 AM
I dont think I am going raw. I just try to figure out the best diet for me. I got rid of the anxiety surges that I had, by eating no more meat. I know its advised to eat paleo but it triggers anxiety in me. so now im eating basically vegan with oats as staple. Im now searching for other things to add to my diet. think ill go with lots of green leafy vegetables instead of only fruit

Cdsnuts
02-10-2017, 08:33 AM
I dont think I am going raw. I just try to figure out the best diet for me. I got rid of the anxiety surges that I had, by eating no more meat. I know its advised to eat paleo but it triggers anxiety in me. so now im eating basically vegan with oats as staple. Im now searching for other things to add to my diet. think ill go with lots of green leafy vegetables instead of only fruit

Your problem there is that leafy green veggies don't have enough calories to sustain you, there fore you're going to have to turn to starchy veggies, beans and grains for the bulk of your calories. These things can be problematic. One pound of spring mix isn't even 100 calories. It's doubtful you'd be able to eat enough of it to be satiated.

Have you tried grass fed organic meats? You're probably having a reaction to the hormones and antibiotics in the conventionally raised meats NOT to the meats themselves. After-all, it's in your genetic make up to eat animals....it's what we evolved on over millions of years to do. Grains.....not so much.

You want to mimic the diet of your ancestors here. You want to get as close to nature with as natural a diet as possible. The Paleo or Primal diet does this. You want your cells and DNA to be happy and fed correctly.

A vegan diet also doesn't bode well for proper male hormone levels. So many vegans I know have low testosterone and other issues.

Again....no need to reinvent the wheel here. All of these things have been thought out and tested over many, many years and there is a reason why they are recommended.

If you're in bad shape and are looking to recover (I imagine that's the case if you're here) then you need to be doing EVERYTHING you possibly can that works in your favor. A vegan diet isn't one of them.

userpff
02-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Your problem there is that leafy green veggies don't have enough calories to sustain you, there fore you're going to have to turn to starchy veggies, beans and grains for the bulk of your calories. These things can be problematic. One pound of spring mix isn't even 100 calories. It's doubtful you'd be able to eat enough of it to be satiated.

Have you tried grass fed organic meats? You're probably having a reaction to the hormones and antibiotics in the conventionally raised meats NOT to the meats themselves. After-all, it's in your genetic make up to eat animals....it's what we evolved on over millions of years to do. Grains.....not so much.

You want to mimic the diet of your ancestors here. You want to get as close to nature with as natural a diet as possible. The Paleo or Primal diet does this. You want your cells and DNA to be happy and fed correctly.

A vegan diet also doesn't bode well for proper male hormone levels. So many vegans I know have low testosterone and other issues.

Again....no need to reinvent the wheel here. All of these things have been thought out and tested over many, many years and there is a reason why they are recommended.

If you're in bad shape and are looking to recover (I imagine that's the case if you're here) then you need to be doing EVERYTHING you possibly can that works in your favor. A vegan diet isn't one of them.

I know i will lose some weight, but ive been vegan for 3 weeks now and my weight remains pretty stable. My staple is oats which has around 389 calories at a 100 grams, so that is what is keeping my weight on a relative normal level. I know growing big on vegan is very hard but the anxiety was just too much for me.

But I really think it's the meat. I saw this video and thats what why I gave vegan a try( The Effect of Animal Protein on Stress Hormones, Testosterone, and Pregnancy | NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effect-of-animal-protein-on-stress-hormones-testosterone-and-pregnancy/) ). It could be the hormones in it. And you're the one who recovered so I know following you is my best option but I dont like the feeling of being anxious all the time. At minute 5 of the video it says you can blunt the effect of the cortisol of eating meat by adding green vegetables that is why i asked you. So maybe ill add some clean meats with lots of green vegetables back in later.

I think we have to dissagree about the natural diet of humans. I really believe we are herbivores. Just look at our anatomy; teeth, digestive tract. For our ancestors there was meat on their plate sometimes, but more than 10 times less than now.

Cdsnuts
02-10-2017, 10:54 AM
I know i will lose some weight, but ive been vegan for 3 weeks now and my weight remains pretty stable. My staple is oats which has around 389 calories at a 100 grams, so that is what is keeping my weight on a relative normal level. I know growing big on vegan is very hard but the anxiety was just too much for me.

But I really think it's the meat. I saw this video and thats what why I gave vegan a try( The Effect of Animal Protein on Stress Hormones, Testosterone, and Pregnancy | NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effect-of-animal-protein-on-stress-hormones-testosterone-and-pregnancy/) ). It could be the hormones in it. And you're the one who recovered so I know following you is my best option but I dont like the feeling of being anxious all the time. At minute 5 of the video it says you can blunt the effect of the cortisol of eating meat by adding green vegetables that is why i asked you. So maybe ill add some clean meats with lots of green vegetables back in later.

I think we have to dissagree about the natural diet of humans. I really believe we are herbivores. Just look at our anatomy; teeth, digestive tract. For our ancestors there was meat on their plate sometimes, but more than 10 times less than now.

If you're a white man, you evolved in a place that was covered in snow for 6 months or more out of the year. Can you tell me how it would be possible to live off of plants in that environment? It's impossible. Our ancestors had to hunt and eat meat through out the winter to survive. This is a fact that cannot be ignored.

I understand the argument about our physiology, but it doesn't answer the question as to how we survived and evolved in cold northern temperatures. It's simply an inescapable fact. Meat eating is in your DNA. It's why your here.

They are most definitely talking about conventionally produced meat. Not grass fed organic meat. The difference is night and day.

Another thing to think about.....before the advent of agriculture, there was no possible way for man to eat grains and or beans. These things have to be grown in large fields, harvested, and then stripped from their seed pods by the thousands. This is NOT something our distant ancestors did naturally. If you can't find it out in nature in sufficient quantities, then it's not something that natural man had access to in enough quantities to be considered part of the natural diet.

You just have to follow the logic.

Another thing, beans have anti-nutrients in them. Again, not something we would have eaten as a staple. You're going to have a tough time getting to where you want to be on a vegan diet because despite what people say, it doesn't follow the laws of nature.